Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206 207 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-25 13:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
This just in: It's naive to think that not bombing everyone constantly would lead to war...
Does it matter? It's "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation in regards to the world police (aka the USA) and those who have a chip on their shoulder (this time around, it's ISIS).

We drop a nuke, a war will start. Many people will die, but it will end quicker.

We don't drop a nuke, a war will eventually start. Many people will die, but not all at once.

Either way, it's the same outcome. The players involved in this upcoming war will depend on a nuke being dropped or not. Personally, I don't want to piss of Germany and the UK.

War will happen sooner or later for any powerful nation, sure. That's no excuse for advocating bombing as the first path in any disagreement between nations. As well, who do you expect to pay for it? Is it perfectly fine to spend nearly a trillion dollars a year bombing brown people when we "can't afford" to take care of the veterans we already have, much less the ones we'll create?
So much anger in your response. I'm not for bombing countries or starting wars, believe it or not.

But either way, it comes down to either situation, especially when one side doesn't want to even bother negotiating to find a peaceful solution of existence.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
There is zero guarantee the act of dropping a nuke will bring a quick end to a war. Not just that, who cares about pissing off the UK? The chances of the UK using a nuke on their own are pretty much zero. And lastly, Germany does not have nukes, so the chances of them using one is definitely zero.
So, how did the Pacific Campaign of WWII ended in your mind again?

It's one thing to piss off your enemies, but it's something completely different when you piss off your allies. Do you honestly think that the US will win a war with the rest of the world against them?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-25 19:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We can piss off the UK as much as we want they still would never go to war against us. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but who exactly is going to be fighting this phantom war you guys are conjuring up?
By Jetackuu 2015-01-25 20:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We can piss off the UK as much as we want they still would never go to war against us. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but who exactly is going to be fighting this phantom war you guys are conjuring up?

By Altimaomega 2015-01-25 20:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This just in: It's naive to think that not bombing everyone constantly would lead to war...
Does it matter? It's "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation in regards to the world police (aka the USA) and those who have a chip on their shoulder (this time around, it's ISIS).

We drop a nuke, a war will start. Many people will die, but it will end quicker.

We don't drop a nuke, a war will eventually start. Many people will die, but not all at once.

Either way, it's the same outcome. The players involved in this upcoming war will depend on a nuke being dropped or not. Personally, I don't want to piss of Germany and the UK.

War will happen sooner or later for any powerful nation, sure. That's no excuse for advocating bombing as the first path in any disagreement between nations. As well, who do you expect to pay for it? Is it perfectly fine to spend nearly a trillion dollars a year bombing brown people when we "can't afford" to take care of the veterans we already have, much less the ones we'll create?
So much anger in your response. I'm not for bombing countries or starting wars, believe it or not.

But either way, it comes down to either situation, especially when one side doesn't want to even bother negotiating to find a peaceful solution of existence.

There is zero guarantee the act of dropping a nuke will bring a quick end to a war. Not just that, who cares about pissing off the UK? The chances of the UK using a nuke on their own are pretty much zero. And lastly, Germany does not have nukes, so the chances of them using one is definitely zero.
So, how did the Pacific Campaign of WWII ended in your mind again?

It's one thing to piss off your enemies, but it's something completely different when you piss off your allies. Do you honestly think that the US will win a war with the rest of the world against them?

Depends on your definition of winning.. And how many nukes make it past our defensive's. The only thing the US has to worry about is terrorism and we are handling it as horribly as we possibly could.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-25 20:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
The only thing the US has to worry about is terrorism and we are handling it as horribly as we possibly could.
Since when do you make sensible statements?
By Bloodrose 2015-01-25 20:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
The only thing the US has to worry about is terrorism and we are handling it as horribly as we possibly could.
Since a broken clock is right twice a day.
By Altimaomega 2015-01-25 21:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Since a broken clock is right twice a day.

When you got nothing.. yadda.. yadda.. yadda..
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-01-25 21:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile, in California.

No seriously, anyone else notice how every year it's a wildfire in California or a neighboring state? To think something small like an ember could create such a monster fire.

edit: That or a bolt of lightning striking a tree.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-25 21:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what happens during droughts.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-25 21:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei Nagase said: »
No seriously, anyone else notice how every year it's a wildfire in California or a neighboring state?
You're aware those ecosystems are designed around and actually encourage wildfires, right? I mean, they're getting a little crazy in recent years owing to the way we've altered the landscape and affected weather patterns, but those fires have been happening for quite a long time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-25 21:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wildfires aren't particularly unusual there.

NEVERMIND
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-26 11:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Anti-austerity Syriza party has won Greece's general election, putting the country on a possible collision course with the EU over its massive bailout.

With nearly 75% of the votes counted, Syriza is projected to win 149 seats, just two short of an absolute majority, though that number could change.

Left-wing party leader Alexis Tsipras, who wants to renegotiate Greece's debt, said "the Greeks wrote history".

The governing centre-right New Democracy has come a distant second.

Outgoing Prime Minister Antonis Samaras has admitted defeat and phoned Mr Tsipras to congratulate him.

Syriza's result will send shockwaves through Europe, the BBC's Gavin Hewitt in Athens reports.

A majority of voters in Greece have essentially rejected a core policy for dealing with the eurozone crisis as devised by Brussels and Berlin, our correspondent adds.

In Germany, Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann said he hoped "the new Greek government will not make promises it cannot keep and the country cannot afford".

The election result is expected to be one of the main issues during Monday's meeting of 19 eurozone finance ministers.

Belgium's representative Johan Van Overtveld was quoted by VRT network as saying that Greece "must respect the rules of monetary union", although he added that there was room for some - but not much - flexibility.

British Prime Minister David Cameron - whose country is not a member of the eurozone - said the result of the Greek election would "increase economic uncertainty across Europe".

Meanwhile, the euro fell to $1.1098 against the dollar - the lowest level in more than 11 years.
Greece election: Anti-austerity Syriza wins election
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-26 12:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Man commits suicide in front of Fox News/Wall Street Journal building

Quote:
Police say a man has apparently shot himself to death outside the News Corp. building in midtown Manhattan.

The 41-year-old man died after the shooting at about 9 a.m. Monday.

Authorities aren't certain what prompted the shooting, which occurred outside the building that houses Fox News, the New York Post and The Wall Street Journal. The media conglomerate News Corp. is controlled by Rupert Murdoch.

It's not clear if the man had any ties to News Corp. or if he was just standing outside the building.

A weapon was recovered at the scene, and no one else was injured.

Traffic was snarled in Midtown as police investigated.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-26 12:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
Anti-austerity Syriza party has won Greece's general election, putting the country on a possible collision course with the EU over its massive bailout.

With nearly 75% of the votes counted, Syriza is projected to win 149 seats, just two short of an absolute majority, though that number could change.

Left-wing party leader Alexis Tsipras, who wants to renegotiate Greece's debt, said "the Greeks wrote history".

The governing centre-right New Democracy has come a distant second.

Outgoing Prime Minister Antonis Samaras has admitted defeat and phoned Mr Tsipras to congratulate him.

Syriza's result will send shockwaves through Europe, the BBC's Gavin Hewitt in Athens reports.

A majority of voters in Greece have essentially rejected a core policy for dealing with the eurozone crisis as devised by Brussels and Berlin, our correspondent adds.

In Germany, Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann said he hoped "the new Greek government will not make promises it cannot keep and the country cannot afford".

The election result is expected to be one of the main issues during Monday's meeting of 19 eurozone finance ministers.

Belgium's representative Johan Van Overtveld was quoted by VRT network as saying that Greece "must respect the rules of monetary union", although he added that there was room for some - but not much - flexibility.

British Prime Minister David Cameron - whose country is not a member of the eurozone - said the result of the Greek election would "increase economic uncertainty across Europe".

Meanwhile, the euro fell to $1.1098 against the dollar - the lowest level in more than 11 years.
Greece election: Anti-austerity Syriza wins election
Go figure, just when Greece is about to be removed (if it hasn't already) from the Euro, progressives take control of Greece.

Let's see how that works out for them, and then use them as an example of what not to do come 2016...
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-26 12:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it will be ridiculously easy to counter by simply looking at how they got there. Nice try tho.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-26 12:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it will be ridiculously easy to counter by simply looking at how they got there. Nice try tho.
Your right for once.

Spending more money than receiving. Adding additional taxes to an economy that cannot even support itself, and increasing spending far greater than any additional revenue increase would achieve.

Sounds just like what the Obama administration is proposing.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-26 13:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad the US economy is booming, thus invalidating any comparisons to Greece and their far right policies.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-01-26 13:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

That reporter was a bit too quick. At the end of the day we now can say there hasn't been a shock so far. The Euro closed higher than it opened. It being near a long time low level has more to do with the general situation within the euro-zone and Draghi's 1,1 billion (trillion for Americans) announcement last week. Has that been discussed here yet? Didn't have the time to read the forum last week.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-26 13:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad the US economy is booming, thus invalidating any comparisons to Greece and their far right policies.
Wait, did you just claim that the economy is booming based on Obama's policies?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-26 13:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I said the economy is booming. Any other questions?
By Altimaomega 2015-01-26 13:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets use a word other than booming. With gas being cheaper helping to spread some extra money around, not much else is going on.
If you really want to use the word we can use it like this.

The US economy SHOULD be booming.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-26 13:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to try to claim the US economy is not booming, you are going to have to provide some solid third party evidence. Good luck.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-26 13:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess context escapes you, which is common when a point is made that you don't like.

Unless you really want to play obtuse on this that is.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-26 13:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess context escapes you, which is common when a point is made that you don't like.

Unless you really want to play obtuse on this that is.

I know that you want to deny all credit to Obama on the state of the booming economy, but its not going to work. Is he responsible for all of it? No. Is he responsible for part of it? Yes. You can quibble over how much of it all you like for our entertainment. You should also abandon all comparisons to Greece.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-26 13:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is he responsible for part of it? Yes.
Elaborate what he is responsible for.

You should also abandon all comparisons to Greece.
Obviously you have your head in the sand.

Not once did I compare Greece's policies up to today to what Obama administration's policies are. I stated what Greece's policies in the near future are similar to Obama administration's policies want to be. You should be grateful for Boehner.
By Altimaomega 2015-01-26 13:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not once did I compare Greece's policies up to today to what Obama administration's policies are. I stated what Greece's policies in the near future are similar to Obama administration's policies want to be. You should be grateful for Boehner.

That would be like jet showing some evidence. Not going to happen.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-26 13:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Better watch out, that would net you a temp ban for pointing out the obvious!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-01-26 14:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Man you certainly do whine alot about that ***... I've been banned more than all of you and you don't hear me pining on about it all the time. You even pine over it for other people lol... Get over it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-26 14:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Man you certainly do whine alot about that ***... I've been banned more than all of you and you don't hear me pining on about it all the time. You even pine over it for other people lol... Get over it.
There's a difference between you and me.

I get banned for proving a point that a certain mod doesn't like.

You get banned for being an ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-01-26 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Need a tissue?

I don't think you've ever actually proved a point either lol...
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206 207 ... 1375 1376 1377