Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 909 910 911 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 14:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Counter with a cat rocket!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-02 14:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Thanks for telling me I didn't mean what I said. I'll try to clarify again. Poor people are a class of people socio-economically "below" the middle class and "below" the upper class. By that measure they are an underclass.
Stop using "underclass," that signifies a separate class of citizenship. Lower/Middle/Upper classes signify an equal measurement of citizenship, as the only difference between people is the level of wealth they have.

Saying "underclass" is paramount to saying "subclass."

To you it is, I tried to clarify exactly what I mean but at this point you're just not listening. I'm not buying this PC crap of "oh no you really meant this, and it's offensive".

We should not be importing a leaching underclass into his country. It's bad for the rest of us (including our own underclass of poor people).
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-02 14:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Then we don't really have a country.

Then I'm sure it will sicken you to know that I would hope the goal of the world is to eventually have no countries.

True sickness is associated with some kind of shock, and honestly I doubt you could say anything that would be so unexpected as to shock me considering everything you've already said before.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 14:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for telling me I didn't mean what I said. I'll try to clarify again. Poor people are a class of people socio-economically "below" the middle class and "below" the upper class. By that measure they are an underclass.
Stop using "underclass," that signifies a separate class of citizenship. Lower/Middle/Upper classes signify an equal measurement of citizenship, as the only difference between people is the level of wealth they have.

To you it is, I tried to clarify exactly what I mean but at this point you're just not listening. I'm not buying this PC crap of "oh no you really meant this, and it's offensive".

We should not be importing a leaching underclass into his country. It's bad for the rest of us (including our own underclass of poor people).
It's not PC. It's usage of words.

You are not helping yourself out by using the wrong words to portray your thoughts. You don't want to add "2nd class citizenship" to the ongoing list of insults people will use against you in reference to your viewpoints (see: garbage trucks, earthquakes, etc.)
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-09-02 14:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta say, I didn't expect KN vs. Nausi to be this enjoyable
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 14:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't the first time we argued about topics.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-02 14:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I always aim to please

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-02 14:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not PC. It's usage of words.

You are not helping yourself out by using the wrong words to portray your thoughts. You don't want to add "2nd class citizenship" to the ongoing list of insults people will use against you in reference to your viewpoints (see: garbage trucks, earthquakes, etc.)

Have you looked it up in Google yet?

un·der·class
ˈəndərˌklas/
noun
the lowest social stratum in a country or community, consisting of the poor and unemployed.

Where am I improperly using "underclass"?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 14:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

And to encourage the deportation of skilled labor from a broken immigration system.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-02 14:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
14 is enough!

Having one is fulfilling a biological itch.

Any more is extravagance and vanity. That or obeying some misguided religious mandate.

That... is one of the stupidest things I've heard all week.

Explain how it isn't a luxury to have more than one child at this time in history, from a pragmatic standpoint?

Again, you're taking offense at me calling children a luxury. Would you be offended if I called owning a home a luxury? Going to the movies? Ice cream?

You don't need them to work on a family farm and help keep the family alive. The race's future is assured one way or another. While tragedies happen, true, it's not expected that you'll have children die as it was in decades and centuries past.

Having children is the same as owning a luxury car. It's not necessary. It's just very nice for some people. A very rewarding, moving experience for some.

But it is not a necessity.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-02 14:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe just everyday is the worst day so it doesn't matter what day it is.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-02 14:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

And to encourage the deportation of skilled labor from a broken immigration system.

When did I say all immigrants should be deported? Or are you addressing some other straw man again?
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-02 14:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Explain how it isn't a luxury to have more than one child at this time in history, from a pragmatic standpoint?

Again, you're taking offense at enjoying a luxury. You don't need them to work on a family farm and help keep the family alive. The race's future is assured one way or another. While tragedies happen, true, it's not expected that you'll have children die as it was in decades and centuries past.

Having children is the same as owning a luxury car. It's not necessary. It's just very nice for some people.

You don't want to have kids. We get it. Stop assuming everyone else should hold the same values you do.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-02 14:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
You don't want to have kids. We get it. Stop assuming everyone else should hold the same values you do.

It's not about me not wanting to have kids.

I'm saying there's no reason to have a bunch of them beyond your own desire to do so.

And that's okay. But it is the case.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-02 14:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

...in reference to your viewpoints (see: garbage trucks, earthquakes, etc.)
Rather than dig anything up, I am going to assume there was an interesting debate between you two about whether or not we should be dumping our garbage into earthquakes.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-02 14:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »

It's not about me not wanting to have kids.

I'm saying there's no reason to have a bunch of them beyond your own desire to do so.

And that's okay. But it is the case.

There's no reason to do a vast majority of the stuff we humans do. We're able to find fulfillment in things that have little to no bearing on our basic survival needs. Singling out kids just makes you sound bitter.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-02 14:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Singling out kids just makes you sound bitter.

I wasn't the one who brought up the topic of population.

And it is not incorrect or inappropriate to say that there are places in the world that overpopulation issues secondary to religious or otherwise societal pressures and beliefs/practices. Beliefs and practices that were established centuries past when you needed that many births to fuel a society.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 14:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
...in reference to your viewpoints (see: garbage trucks, earthquakes, etc.)
Rather than dig anything up, I am going to assume there was an interesting debate between you two about whether or not we should be dumping our garbage into earthquakes.
I'm not going to throw salt onto a wound.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-02 14:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Singling out kids just makes you sound bitter.

I wasn't the one who brought up the topic of population.

And it is not incorrect or inappropriate to say that there are places in the world that overpopulation issues secondary to religious or otherwise societal pressures and beliefs/practices. Beliefs and practices that were established centuries past when you needed that many births to fuel a society.

So what's your plan? Make having large families illegal, like in China? Let's not get into a slippery slope argument about denying people basic human rights for the "greater good" of society.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 14:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when did immigration reform turn into getting busy?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-02 14:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Rule 34?
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-02 14:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That might make people pay more attention to it, so don't quash this line of thinking just yet
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-02 14:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not get into a slippery slope argument about denying people basic human rights for the "greater good" of society.

K.

Pretty sure it's been had here already anyhow.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-02 14:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

"Latina prostitutes."

Use those words and all of a sudden the rich right wingers with aging wives are a lot more interested in what kind of "low wage workers" they can make legal.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 14:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, we should allow more sexy immigrants to stay in our country while we kick out the butt ugly ones (and butt ugly citizens while we are at it) for our own personal playboy mansion benefit.

At least it will make the country better looking in a few generations.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-02 14:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

"Like Ellis Island, but for hookers"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 909 910 911 ... 1375 1376 1377