Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 536 537 538 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-05-05 08:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Prove me wrong women...prove me wrong !
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-05 08:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Women prove men wrong on a daily basis. Just sayin'.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 08:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Prove me wrong women...prove me wrong !

Don't you ever get tired of the same four trolling topics? :p
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-05 08:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
I think it's very important to point out that frequently it's not "hating" the people themselves, it's frustration as to how people can hold such backward mindsets.
Sometimes, yes.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
The beauty about hating someone is you don't need a reason therefore women excel at it !
Bingo!

Thank you for demonstrating the kind of backward nonsense to which I was referring.
So going on feels rather than facts is the way forward?

Enter the age of robot companions for everyone then.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 08:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What can I say women are fascinating creatures you could say perfect contradictions !
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 08:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone constantly plays on like three or four stereotypes to respond to nearly all posts and it stopped being funny a long time ago. And some of you keep perpetuating it by constantly encouraging it. How is that basing anything on "feels"?

Edit: then again, the line between "joking" and "really just bitter toward women due to 'feels'" really starts to blur for some people around here...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 08:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well all do our stereotypical posts. I bet you could predict what "x" users is going to reply to every single topic under the Sun.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 08:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the topic of cartoons to offend Muslims. I don't believe in censoring something just because it offends someone. As far as I know Christian Jews Buddhists etc don't kill people that mock their religion. Basically the Muslims need to get a sense of humor.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 08:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well all do our stereotypical posts. I bet you could predict what "x" users is going to reply to every single topic under the Sun.

Not what I mean.

Knowing where someone stands on a topic isn't a stereotype in this context.

Knowing that you'll respond with the same exaggerated stereotypical anti-Semitism, misogyny, HuffPo, or Hillary stuff is what I'm talking about.

At least, I've always assumed it's exaggerated stereotyping because you think it's funny to troll with it.

If you're actually serious then I know who the worst person on the forum is.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-05 08:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone constantly plays on like three or four stereotypes to respond to nearly all posts and it stopped being funny a long time ago. And some of you keep perpetuating it by constantly encouraging it. How is that basing anything on "feels"?
I was referring to your backwards comment. If labeling someone's decision making on feels is backwards, then what is forward thinking?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 08:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What if I told you there is a fine line between satire and trolling !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-05 08:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So in a 'free' society hate speech is ok, along with hate speech on the hate speech? Why must hate be a facet for people to be 'free' ?

What about the consequences of hate speech then?
Hated speech is the whole point of the first amendment.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 08:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The first amendment is only brought up when someone offends your sensibilities. Otherwise we forget it exists !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-05 08:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Old and busted: Holding women to the same standard. New hotness: Let em be a firefighter even if they can't pass the tests.

I guess we're giving up on the whole equal opportunity thing huh?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-05 08:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
So in a 'free' society hate speech is ok, along with hate speech on the hate speech? Why must hate be a facet for people to be 'free' ?

What about the consequences of hate speech then?
Hated speech is the whole point of the first amendment.
While that is true, it's for protecting the people from the government, not individuals against each other.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-05 08:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

it's for protecting the people from the government, not individuals against each other.
Finally! Someone gets it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-05 08:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory, you could say the first two amendments allow for people to walk around with a bunch of loaded guns going on about how [insert label]s are taking over the country.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-05 09:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, what protection do we need from words? I mean "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Words do no "physical" harm, and for slanderous lies we do have an extensive and expensive court system, which I'd seemingly much more prefer than not being able to speak.
By volkom 2015-05-05 09:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, what protection do we need from words? I mean "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Words do no "physical" harm, and for slanderous lies we do have an extensive and expensive court system, which I'd seemingly much more prefer than not being able to speak.

but some words hurt my feelings
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 09:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

but some words hurt my feelings

Easy fix stop feeling !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-05 09:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

There's plenty of non-protected speech for good reason, hate speech, threats, speech that inflicts undue emotional harm, speech that inflicts physical harm (shouting fire in a crowded theatre), etc.

That said, I don't think we need to legislate every damn thing, and people should have the sense to draw the line without a the threat of jail time.
By fonewear 2015-05-05 09:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The words "undue emotional harm" I picture radical feminists spending hours a day to find misogynistic words...then writing articles about them on Jezebel !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-05 09:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The words "undue emotional harm" I picture radical feminists spending hours a day to find misogynistic words...then writing articles about them on Jezebel !

It means abuse, not just calling someone a jerk when they get in front of you in the checkout line.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-05 09:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So when people complain on how ineffective and inefficient the government is and how convoluted the courts are, you can say it's working as intended.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 09:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How the hell can anyone define something so vague as "emotional harm" ? That could literally be millions of different things.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-05 09:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are causing me undue emotional harm.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-05 09:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are causing me undue emotional harm.

Quick to a cheap attorney and some time air time on MSNBC !
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-05 09:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How the hell can anyone define something so vague as "emotional harm" ? That could literally be millions of different things.

I don't know the actual wording of the court decision, I'd imagine it could be interpreted pretty widely, yeah. But, people do use speech with the intent to cause emotional harm, I don't see why it is any less harmful than physical.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-05 09:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So when people complain on how ineffective and inefficient the government is and how convoluted the courts are, you can say it's working as intended.
Well I'm open to ways we can streamline the courts. But do we really wanna be crying to big brother every time someone says something offensive?
First Page 2 3 ... 536 537 538 ... 1375 1376 1377