Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 16:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
For the love of all that's great and good, please learn about commas next class!

i thought you was not going to nitpick about little things like grammar and punctuation because i did not to you :)
By volkom 2014-12-23 16:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lets eat grandma
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 16:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
In my opinion i gave you the freedom to look up what i said.
Again, why should I substantiate your own claims? Ask yourself this: would you have looked into the IRC if I told you about a specific deduction existed that you didn't like? Would you have even bothered, or would you have demanded that I prove my own statement?

Otherwise why would i even post i am not spreading falsehood you are entitled to your opinion and can believe what you wish if it is false or truth.
You know...the same can be said about you.

But it looks like you honestly believe that dribble you posted. Can I ask you where you received this "information" from?

In layman's terms: Where did you get these ideas of yours? Was it from your parents? High School? An online blog?

Also, while we are at it, did you verify these "facts" yourself, or did you blindly accept them because you thought it sounded right?

Just think hard first before you complain about taxes because of how much you make.
I only brought up the percentage of taxes because somebody (I believe it was Moron #2 on that tax thread) talked about raising taxes on the rich. I'm considered to be part of the rich, I asked why should I pay more taxes than I already do, and as of this day, I have not received a response to it.

"Just because" is not a response by the way.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 16:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For the love of all that's great and good, please learn about commas next class!

i thought you was not going to nitpick about little things like grammar and punctuation because i did not to you :)
You did actually.

Saying that you didn't in the same sentence that you did is hypocritical at best.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 17:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
If it's a problem to both of you, then how come both of you are blowing it off?

I'm not blowing it off, I wish we could have clean politics without shady tactics, that'd be great and it would be easier to pick the best candidate, but that's not how politics works sadly.

But even after saying multiple times it is an issue, you'll still manage somehow to attempt twisting what I wrote into saying it's a non-issue, Schizophrenia you should consult about it.

The blowing it off part does not come from the idea that you don't recognize it's a problem. The blowing it off part comes from the fact that if it were a Republican on Democrat crime and not the other way around, you would calling for their heads on a platter. It's always "politics as usual" when it's your side doing the wrongdoing.

I couldn't care less what parties are involved, it's a problem, but it isn't a treasonous scandal. None of the parties involved were denied tax exempt status nor did they have to wait any longer than was possible without the extra scrutiny. As they say, "no harm, no foul". The person responsible for requesting those groups be targeted for extra scrutiny was identified and no ties to anyone higher could be found. It's over, it's done, you guys are crying over spilled milk that was cleaned up years ago.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 17:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You did actually.

Saying that you didn't in the same sentence that you did is hypocritical at best.

No you are doing Selective reading, if you read my full post i clearly said " i am not crucifying you over it" it was in regards to spelling. You took it as offensive gesture which i was not implying to offend you because i understand we are humans who can reason.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 17:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You did actually.

No you are doing Selective reading, if you read my full post i clearly said " i am not crucifying you over it" it was in regards to spelling. You took it as offensive gesture which i was not implying to offend you because i understand we are humans who can reason.
But you did point it out. Which is what I did to you about the comma statement.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 17:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I couldn't care less what parties are involved, it's a problem, but it isn't a treasonous scandal. None of the parties involved were denied tax exempt status nor did they have to wait any longer than was possible without the extra scrutiny. As they say, "no harm, no foul".
Again, if it's a "problem" for you, how come you are blowing it off?

Why don't you just admit that, because your political viewpoint wasn't threatened by these targeting procedures, it's not a problem to you, but as soon as a hint of your political viewpoints start to be attacked by an agency of the government, and it's "impeach, impeach, impeach" is what you would be screaming.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-23 18:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't care less what parties are involved, it's a problem, but it isn't a treasonous scandal. None of the parties involved were denied tax exempt status nor did they have to wait any longer than was possible without the extra scrutiny. As they say, "no harm, no foul". The person responsible for requesting those groups be targeted for extra scrutiny was identified and no ties to anyone higher could be found. It's over, it's done, you guys are crying over spilled milk that was cleaned up years ago.
It's easier for people to justify their own behavior when they just assume everyone else are undiscerning reactionaries like they are.

It's been known for a while that it wasn't a targeting of conservative groups but an issue with inappropriate list criteria used by the IRS to flag organizations for increased scrutiny.

It's been known that the only groups denied tax-exempt status were Democratic ones.

It's been known that some of the targeted groups were very much pushing the boundary by asking for exempt status.

It's been known that the GOP specifically asked investigators to focus only on reporting right-wing groups.

Basically, it's been known for more than a year now that this "scandal" has no legs. Whatever.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 18:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not blowing it off, I wish we could have clean politics without shady tactics, that'd be great and it would be easier to pick the best candidate, but that's not how politics works sadly.

But even after saying multiple times it is an issue, you'll still manage somehow to attempt twisting what I wrote into saying it's a non-issue, Schizophrenia you should consult about it.

The blowing it off part does not come from the idea that you don't recognize it's a problem. The blowing it off part comes from the fact that if it were a Republican on Democrat crime and not the other way around, you would calling for their heads on a platter. It's always "politics as usual" when it's your side doing the wrongdoing.

Article 1 Section 3 of the Constitution clearly says

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall
not extend further than to removal from Office,
and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office
of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the "Party" convicted shall nevertheless be liable
and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and
Punishment, according to Law.

Section. 6. The Senators and Representatives
shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to
be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury
of the United States. They shall in all Cases, except
Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace
, be
privileged from Arrest during their Attendance
at the Session of their respective Houses, and in
going to and returning from the same; and for any
Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be
questioned in any other Place.
No Senator or Representative shall, during the
Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any
civil Office under the Authority of the United States,
which shall have been created, or the Emoluments
whereof shall have been encreased during such
time; and no Person holding any Office under the
United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office.

Section 8

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting
the Securities and current Coin of the United
States;

( hello Federal reserve, where it is possible to create money out of thin air and out of nothing and get away with it. IF YOU OR ME did that we would go to jail. )

Article 2

Section. 4.The President, Vice President and all
civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed
from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction
of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and
Misdemeanors.

( This sounds an awful lot like political campaign funding does it not? Where the mighty dollar has more free speech to " influence " our representatives and put people who mostly are millionaires or billionaires in office who clearly do not know what life is all about because they inherited wealth. We should even up the playing field and remove money out of politics now that is a novel idea. Perhaps then we may see some common sense representation you never know so do not discredit that.)

Amendment XIV

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the
United States, authorized by law, including debts
incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for
services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion,
shall not be questioned. But neither the United
States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt
or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or
rebellion against the United States, or any claim for
the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such
debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal
and void.

( The 18 trillion in debt that was forced on us, YES I SAID FORCED because we was not alive or born to even have a say in the matter. When we entered this world as american citizens we have 50,000+ worth of our debt placed on each of our shoulders it does not discriminate on race it effects us all as ONE people. This is called a Odious Debt which is recognized by international law)

The spilled milk was not cleaned up because we had and still have treasonous representation that was not in the peoples best interest and caused damage to our economy.

I know folks keep thinking nothing will ever change, but yes things can definitely change.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 18:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't care less what parties are involved, it's a problem, but it isn't a treasonous scandal. None of the parties involved were denied tax exempt status nor did they have to wait any longer than was possible without the extra scrutiny. As they say, "no harm, no foul".
Again, if it's a "problem" for you, how come you are blowing it off?

Why don't you just admit that, because your political viewpoint wasn't threatened by these targeting procedures, it's not a problem to you, but as soon as a hint of your political viewpoints start to be attacked by an agency of the government, and it's "impeach, impeach, impeach" is what you would be screaming.

I know that your comprehension isn't great, but let me say this really clearly again... A government organization targeting certain political groups for extra scrutiny based solely on their views is a problem. The incident you're all wadded up about happened 3 years ago and was investigated and resolved. If you have some evidence that further targeting is happening, by all means, share it, if not, let it go, it's over. That's not blowing it off any more than I'm blowing off the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII, it's over, move on.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 18:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You did actually.

But you did point it out. Which is what I did to you about the comma statement.

i never said or implied the meaning of the statement to be "hypocritical" either or to offend because i did not mean to offend you and if i did and you took it out of context or misunderstanding i am officially apologizing to you.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 18:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We are talking about the "scandal" a few years ago where the IRS targeted conservative (Tea Party) groups for extra scrutiny when they were filing a request for tax-exempt status. I'm plenty irritated over the national debt, and we can have that conversation, though it seems like we're mostly in agreement (except for the solutions), but that isn't what we're talking about right now.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 18:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[spoiler

Article 1 Section 3 of the Constitution clearly says

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall
not extend further than to removal from Office,
and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office
of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the "Party" convicted shall nevertheless be liable
and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and
Punishment, according to Law.

Section. 6. The Senators and Representatives
shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to
be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury
of the United States. They shall in all Cases, except
Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace
, be
privileged from Arrest during their Attendance
at the Session of their respective Houses, and in
going to and returning from the same; and for any
Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be
questioned in any other Place.
No Senator or Representative shall, during the
Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any
civil Office under the Authority of the United States,
which shall have been created, or the Emoluments
whereof shall have been encreased during such
time; and no Person holding any Office under the
United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office.

Section 8

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting
the Securities and current Coin of the United
States;

( hello Federal reserve, where it is possible to create money out of thin air and out of nothing and get away with it. IF YOU OR ME did that we would go to jail. )

Article 2

Section. 4.The President, Vice President and all
civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed
from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction
of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and
Misdemeanors.

( This sounds an awful lot like political campaign funding does it not? Where the mighty dollar has more free speech to " influence " our representatives and put people who mostly are millionaires or billionaires in office who clearly do not know what life is all about because they inherited wealth. We should even up the playing field and remove money out of politics now that is a novel idea. Perhaps then we may see some common sense representation you never know so do not discredit that.)

Amendment XIV

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the
United States, authorized by law, including debts
incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for
services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion,
shall not be questioned. But neither the United
States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt
or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or
rebellion against the United States, or any claim for
the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such
debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal
and void.

( The 18 trillion in debt that was forced on us, YES I SAID FORCED because we was not alive or born to even have a say in the matter. When we entered this world as american citizens we have 50,000+ worth of our debt placed on each of our shoulders it does not discriminate on race it effects us all as ONE people. This is called a Odious Debt which is recognized by international law)

The spilled milk was not cleaned up because we had and still have treasonous representation that was not in the peoples best interest and caused damage to our economy.

I know folks keep thinking nothing will ever change, but yes things can definitely change.[/spoiler]

We are talking about the "scandal" a few years ago where the IRS targeted conservative (Tea Party) groups for extra scrutiny when they were filing a request for tax-exempt status. I'm plenty irritated over the national debt, and we can have that conversation, though it seems like we're mostly in agreement (except for the solutions), but that isn't what we're talking about right now.

Right, but we do need to have the discussion over solutions because the Republicans and Democrats will not because they know they will go to jail or worse due to treason committed against our citizens that hurt our economy. In regards to the IRS which was being talked about that was part of the 16th amendment that passed in 1913 to create the federal reserve, irs, and income tax. None of these is in any way shape or form beneficial to you or me.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 19:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, holding the global reserve currency and primary energy and commodity trading media does nothing for Americans...
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 20:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, holding the global reserve currency and primary energy and commodity trading media does nothing for Americans...

it does not Jassik because most of the world not all of it but most of the world is run by Centralized banking institutions which most came into effect during a century of total war around the globe.
Not just with bullets but also economically as well crushing nations to reform with central planning. Which is the reason why BRICS was formed. To combat the dollar through a different form of central banking of there own methods but you do not see our country bombing Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa and possibly Turkey which might be leaving the united nations.

My brother we are not a empire. Our fore fathers fought to free us from that type of system how could you encourage to oppress foreign will on citizens outside our borders?

(Do not misunderstand what i said there. We have a right to protect our nation if a threat is known to us or give cause to war with us. Liberty is worth fighting for especially in regards to our own nation and my claim to recognize our nation as not a empire is not a sign of weakness. We fought empires and ended them like Britain and Spain. Things changed when a nation that was not a empire was defeating them.)

Or accept Foreign policy's within our own borders as Mandated by the United Nations and not even voted on in our own Congress which is suppose to be for and by the people of our own nation.

Are we not a Free and Independent Nation? That is for and by the people who can choose for ourselves what type of representation we want for which it stands one nation under god indivisible with liberty and justice for all? If not we need to make it that way, by ballot, or a call to arms to restore the constitution.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-23 21:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyways, now that this 'scandal' has been resolved, I suppose the republicans will come out, be adults and apologize for wasting everyone's time and money?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-24 01:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I just decided that I'm going to endorse Ted Nugent for President in 2016. Yeah, I know, the man is nuts. But I just discovered that there's a Ted Nugent pinball machine from 1978. Here's a picture of the backglass:

Red. White. Blue. A machine gun guitar. There is nothing more American than that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-24 02:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But he looks thin in that picture.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-12-24 07:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It's easier for people to justify their own behavior when they just assume everyone else are undiscerning reactionaries like they are.

It's been known for a while that it wasn't a targeting of conservative groups but an issue with inappropriate list criteria used by the IRS to flag organizations for increased scrutiny.

It's been known that the only groups denied tax-exempt status were Democratic ones.

It's been known that some of the targeted groups were very much pushing the boundary by asking for exempt status.

It's been known that the GOP specifically asked investigators to focus only on reporting right-wing groups.

Basically, it's been known for more than a year now that this "scandal" has no legs. Whatever.

If you have to lie to defend someone, does it make you feel strange still defending them? Like honestly irl? You willfully bend the truth. Groups were not outright "denied" status per se, BUT THEY WERE NEVER GRANTED STATUS; hundreds of Conservative groups. They just sat on the applications and repeatedly drilled them with inappropriate questions and audits.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-24 07:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop giving anyone tax-exempt status.

Problem solved. Scandal over.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-24 07:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just decided that I'm going to endorse Ted Nugent for President in 2016. Yeah, I know, the man is nuts. But I just discovered that there's a Ted Nugent pinball machine from 1978. Here's a picture of the backglass:

Red. White. Blue. A machine gun guitar. There is nothing more American than that.

Edit: For some reason, this is all I can picture right now:

[CENSORED]

Dammit. I forgot about our "no adult words" in pictures nonsense.

Just go to the *** link.

via The Oatmeal
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-12-24 08:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to add that open source groups have been targeted and denied at a higher rate than all other groups. No politicians, however, seem to care about investigating this and the focus remains solely on conservative groups that were flagged for extra investigation.

IRS takes five years to deny Yorba Foundation

IRS scandal went beyond political

IRS denied tax-exempt status to nonprofit organization on dubious grounds
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-24 19:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Discuss.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-24 19:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

Discuss.

What is there to discuss Santa is pissed at Obama ?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-24 19:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

If you have to lie to defend someone, does it make you feel strange still defending them? Like honestly irl? You willfully bend the truth. Groups were not outright "denied" status per se, BUT THEY WERE NEVER GRANTED STATUS; hundreds of Conservative groups. They just sat on the applications and repeatedly drilled them with inappropriate questions and audits.

Every group that qualified for tax-exempt status was granted it, a lot that technically didn't were also given it, and none of them had to wait any longer than was possible regardless of the scrutiny. Mountains out of molehills, etc.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-12-24 20:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

Discuss.

What is there to discuss Santa is pissed at Obama ?
Some clean coal for Obama's Christmas morning?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-27 01:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2014/12/26/california-dmv-revs-up-for-undocumented-migrants-applying-for-licenses/

All this money and man power to help Illegal immigrants get legal to drive.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-12-27 08:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Article caught my eye. Although it could be in the Huff Post thread, it's better here as the media is gradually acknowledging what I and a lot of people have been saying for awhile now.

Quote:
The U.S. is over-burdened militarily and effectively bankrupt financially, but Washington is determined to preserve every base and deployment, no matter how archaic. Such as the many military facilities in Okinawa, which risks sinking under the plethora of American installations, runways, materiel, and personnel. No wonder the Okinawan people again voted against being conscripted as one of Washington's most important military hubs.

The Ryukyu Islands once were independent, but in the late 19th century were formally annexed by Imperial Japan. Okinawans suffered terribly in April 1945 from the so-called "Typhoon of Steel" during the American invasion. The U.S. held onto the territory afterwards, filling it with bases before finally returning Okinawa to Japan in 1972. Even now the Pentagon controls roughly one-fifth of the land, including several beautiful beaches.
U.S. Should Close Bases on Okinawa: Bring Troops Home and Let Japanese Defend Japan
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 1375 1376 1377