Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176 177 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 10:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It isn't s non-issue, but it isn't a top-down scandal like you wish it was.
A taxing authority who, by federal law, is not supposed to discriminate against a specific group, gets called on discriminating against a specific group, and you think that this isn't a huge issue?

You seem to be having trouble with words, let me help... When a small group within a government agency targets groups with anti-government incendiary rhetoric for extra scrutiny when they apply for tax exempt status, it's a problem. But, it isn't a scandal, and certainly not a top-down scandal, wasn't ordered by Obama, etc.
Of course not, we can totally trust obama right? It's not like he's dishonest or something.

#ifyoulikeyourplanyoucankeepyourplan

Did I ever say trust any politician? The onus is on the accuser, and in this case, there is no evidence that he was even aware of the targeting.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-23 10:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A taxing authority who, by federal law, is not supposed to discriminate against a specific group, gets called on discriminating against a specific group, and you think that this isn't a huge issue?

You seem to be having trouble with words, let me help... When a small group within a government agency targets groups with anti-government incendiary rhetoric for extra scrutiny when they apply for tax exempt status, it's a problem. But, it isn't a scandal, and certainly not a top-down scandal, wasn't ordered by Obama, etc.
Of course not, we can totally trust obama right? It's not like he's dishonest or something.

Did I ever say trust any politician? The onus is on the accuser, and in this case, there is no evidence that he was even aware of the targeting.
You don't actually say "you can trust any politician" no. Given the overwhelming evidence on how dishonest Obama is. Why wouldn't you join the cries for investigation into the IRS for these tactics?

Of that's right, you're a liberal hack.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 10:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
So, it's ok to discriminate against a group who doesn't agree with you

it's a problem

Reading 101.
Did I say that it was a small problem, like Jassik is inferring to?

No, I said instead:

Who lacks reading comprehension now? Oh wait, that's you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 10:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I accuse Obama? Oh wait, I didn't, and I specifically excluded him from it.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 11:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

He says it's actually a problem, I also think it's a problem. It should be looked into and if it's true appropriate actions should be taken toward the people responsible for this. Stop with the strawman arguments.
If it's a problem to both of you, then how come both of you are blowing it off?

Yeah, you didn't accuse Obama, you totally excluded him.
Yeah, you already proved it yourself that you have a reading comprehension problem. You should get that checked out before blowing it off.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By volkom 2014-12-23 11:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

whos blowing who off?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 12:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't actually say "you can trust any politician" no. Given the overwhelming evidence on how dishonest Obama is. Why wouldn't you join the cries for investigation into the IRS for these tactics?

Of that's right, you're a liberal hack.

Is it possible that he was involved? Sure, but there's no evidence of it. There was an investigation, it found the source, case closed. Just because you don't like the result doesn't mean they're wrong, and you're committing exactly the same partisan sins you accuse everyone else of.

Did I accuse Obama? Oh wait, I didn't, and I specifically excluded him from it.

Then WTF are you even trying to say? Ignoring the fact that you've dragged Obama into every single aspect of the IRS "scandal", if you're not accusing Obama of being the mastermind, what is the point of the conversation? I've said many times that it's an issue for the IRS to target anyone for extra scrutiny based on political views, but it wasn't the TOP-DOWN scandal you keep "not accusing" Obama of. So, you're arguing the difference between "problem/issue" and "big problem/issue"?
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2014-12-23 14:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Maybe, but only because every time I sit through one of his documentaries I lose enough brain cells that one day I might actually believe his drivel.

take 30mins then and stop being so closed minded "he must be wrong because his name and is a liberal "

just jump 47mins in the video if your impatient

I may give it a look when I have the time, but I have my doubts that a seven-year-old movie with a number of fact-check errors will change my view on the world.
Don't forget that he pretty much jumps on any "hot topic" that is around at the time purely for profit. His "documentaries" are not only riddled with errors, but also more partisan than Congress.

And I had to sit and watch one of his documentaries during college. We had to write a paper about all of the errors made in that specific documentary and show evidence stating his gross misstatements.

The documentary for that year was "Roger & Me," which ended up being the most boring twoish hours of my life.
I would be interested in seeing a paper like this. Every person in real life I've met who complains about his movies filled with outright lies and errors can never back it up. I ask what, specifically, was lied about, and the response is almost always "Michael Moore is a fat slob". Yeah, that answer makes sense of the question I asked.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 15:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Maybe, but only because every time I sit through one of his documentaries I lose enough brain cells that one day I might actually believe his drivel.

take 30mins then and stop being so closed minded "he must be wrong because his name and is a liberal "

I may give it a look when I have the time, but I have my doubts that a seven-year-old movie with a number of fact-check errors will change my view on the world.
Don't forget that he pretty much jumps on any "hot topic" that is around at the time purely for profit. His "documentaries" are not only riddled with errors, but also more partisan than Congress.

And I had to sit and watch one of his documentaries during college. We had to write a paper about all of the errors made in that specific documentary and show evidence stating his gross misstatements.

The documentary for that year was "Roger & Me," which ended up being the most boring twoish hours of my life.
I would be interested in seeing a paper like this. Every person in real life I've met who complains about his movies filled with outright lies and errors can never back it up. I ask what, specifically, was lied about, and the response is almost always "Michael Moore is a fat slob". Yeah, that answer makes sense of the question I asked.
Going over his sources with a fine tooth comb to point out the errors in his reporting.

In other words, we had to show what was fluf and what was fact. The only thing Moore got right was that town's GM plant downsizing and eventual shuttering.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 15:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Going over his sources with a fine tooth comb to point out the errors in his reporting.

In other words, we had to show what was fluf and what was fact. The only thing Moore got right was that town's GM plant downsizing and eventual shuttering.

Kingnobody You mention a collage degree like you are superior then those who do not go to collage while also dismissing folks who work at fast food places who had personal hand witness of there parents facing hardship. I have seen a few posts of yours of you complaining about how much taxes you pay as well and also considering yourself wealthy like your a higher being, yet you love central banking and big everything it seems and the current establishment of both the red and blue.

Let me give you a quote from Samuel Adams one of our founding fathers and he said

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 15:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

what was fluf and what was fact, that is hilarious, i bet you believed every word those professors taught you while they are laughing away at you for paying for mainstream lies with loans that most likely have compound interest built into them and you have the gull to complain about taxes and gloat of being wealthy. I pity you not out of hatred or dislike, but because i care about you.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 15:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet Kingnobody also thinks our Constitution is out dated and our declaration of independence was for not or the bill of rights as well. Did you pay for those opinions in collage?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 15:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you're a native English speaker, so don't take this the wrong way, but post-compulsory education is college, not collage.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 15:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Kingnobody You mention a collage degree like you are superior then those who do not go to collage while also dismissing folks who work at fast food places who had personal hand witness of there parents facing hardship. I have seen a few posts of yours of you complaining about how much taxes you pay as well and also considering yourself wealthy like your a higher being, yet you love central banking and big everything it seems and the current establishment of both the red and blue.
You really want to come over to this thread to show your ignorance? Like how you are willing to abolish the Fed and the US dollar to get rid of the national debt? How you think that, by forgiving all student loans and mortgages (not just federal, but all of them) will bring our federal national debt down to zero?

I think it's pretty obvious, just by this post alone, that you have never stepped foot on a campus outside of high school in your life.

Let me give you a quote from Samuel Adams one of our founding fathers and he said

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
And that helps your argument, how again? If you are decrying servitude, you don't quote a pro-servitude quote....

what was fluf and what was fact, that is hilarious, i bet you believed every word those professors taught you while they are laughing away at you for paying for mainstream lies with loans that most likely have compound interest built into them and you have the gull to complain about taxes and gloat of being wealthy.

Unlike you, my professors respect each other, and the students and professors also respected each other. I tried to show you respect, but your blatant disregard to facts, along with your inability to back up your statements and declare them true has led me to believe that you would never respect anyone if respect is required.

I pity you not out of hatred or dislike, but because i care about you.
What do you have to pity me for? I neither require nor request it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 15:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet Kingnobody also thinks our Constitution is out dated and our declaration of independence was for not or the bill of rights as well. Did you pay for those opinions in collage?
I....really don't understand your statement. Can you try again, but with better grammar so you could be understood?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 15:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you're a native English speaker, so don't take this the wrong way, but post-compulsory education is college, not collage.
He already accused me of not loving my country because I have the Czechoslovakian flag to the left of my character name. It is highly likely he is an American, and therefor a native English speaker.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 15:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not blowing it off, I wish we could have clean politics without shady tactics, that'd be great and it would be easier to pick the best candidate, but that's not how politics works sadly.

But even after saying multiple times it is an issue, you'll still manage somehow to attempt twisting what I wrote into saying it's a non-issue, Schizophrenia you should consult about it.

We can have clean politics and your thought is not alone on this matter Shiroi i noticed you are from Canada hello my northern neighbor :)

I mentioned before about a topic on a 90 year old man who fed the homeless and got arrested for it. I also said the homeless are also american citizens as well perhaps they made a bad choice in life. Now think about that when you only see political party names like democrat or republican as your only voting options and ask yourself did i make a bad choice ? Because clearly selecting the lesser of two corrupt party's is still choosing corruption and lesser freedoms.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 15:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He already accused me of not loving my country because I have the Czechoslovakian flag to the left of my character name. It is highly likely he is an American, and therefor a native English speaker.

Thanks for sticking up for me Kingnobody, i knew you was not a bad guy it is all a matter of a opinion one who thinks mainstream is always right , and the other who wishes to Liberate and better the lives of there countrymen and women and not a select few.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 15:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for sticking up for me Kingnobody, i knew you was not a bad guy it is all a matter of a opinion one who thinks mainstream is always right , and the other who wishes to Liberate and better the lives of there countrymen and women and not a select few.
Ok, now I'm very confused.

Where in any of that do you get that I was sticking up for you at any way, when all I did was show an observation?
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 16:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a native English speaker and i apologize if i miss spell words my friend. It may be due to lack of sleep on my part ( dang you ffxi and thinking about A Better America).It also may be to the education i received but i am grateful for being taught how to read at least and understand. I did graduate and in my personal time i am taking Criminal Justice and learning law.

I also think about how much money we spend on education in america yet we see climbing records in parts of our country with drop out rates. Then i i wonder where did that money really go? Because it does not seem to be reaching our children.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 16:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Where in any of that do you get that I was sticking up for you at any way, when all I did was show an observation?

You said i was highly likely a American ( and i add a natural born citizen who loves his country) and "therfor" found a missspelling but i am not crucifying you like some do it is therefore a native English speaker.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 16:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You said it was highly likely a American ( and a add a natural born citizen who loves his country) and "therfor" found a missspelling but i am not crucifying you like some do it is therefore a native English speaker.
Sorry, "therefor" is legalese meaning "for it" and I use that a lot in my profession.

But seriously, that's not a huge issue. I don't understand how you can nitpick on little items like that, but not on the subject at hand, especially when it comes to your evidence to back up overly outrageous claims like you have done recently.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-23 16:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not blowing it off, I wish we could have clean politics without shady tactics, that'd be great and it would be easier to pick the best candidate, but that's not how politics works sadly.

But even after saying multiple times it is an issue, you'll still manage somehow to attempt twisting what I wrote into saying it's a non-issue, Schizophrenia you should consult about it.

The blowing it off part does not come from the idea that you don't recognize it's a problem. The blowing it off part comes from the fact that if it were a Republican on Democrat crime and not the other way around, you would calling for their heads on a platter. It's always "politics as usual" when it's your side doing the wrongdoing.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 16:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You said it was highly likely a American ( and a add a natural born citizen who loves his country) and "therfor" found a missspelling but i am not crucifying you like some do it is therefore a native English speaker.
Sorry, "therefor" is legalese meaning "for it" and I use that a lot in my profession.

But seriously, that's not a huge issue. I don't understand how you can nitpick on little items like that, but not on the subject at hand, especially when it comes to your evidence to back up overly outrageous claims like you have done recently.

The thing is i mentioned i was not going to nitpick and demonize you about little things like spelling.

I also gave you facts yet you keep asking me to provide you with links over and over and over when you yourself can look it up or go to a Library in case you do not like Online media information ( which understandably can be very biased and also mislead as well).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 16:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I also gave you facts yet you keep asking me to provide you with links over and over and over when you yourself can look it up or go to a Library in case you do not like Online media information ( which understandably can be very biased and also mislead as well).
Wait, you want me to provide research to prove your "facts" for you?

That's not how an argument works. If you say something outlandish, you better be prepared to back it up, especially online, where it's easy to provide such information.

I'm not going to do the work for you. If you want to stick with an argument, you better be ready to prove it. Otherwise, you should just stick to easier threads, like My Little Pony or something like that.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 16:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The blowing it off part does not come from the idea that you don't recognize it's a problem. The blowing it off part comes from the fact that if it were a Republican on Democrat crime and not the other way around, you would calling for their heads on a platter. It's always "politics as usual" when it's your side doing the wrongdoing.

i am pretty sure both are to blame and i do mean Republicans and Democrats for around 150 years. You are absolutely right why we should be calling for for there heads or Prison sentences for capital treason against the American citizens for a lot of reasons like taxation without proper representation. You hit the nail on the head Ravael i respect you for sharing your opinion on the matter thank you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 16:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For the love of all that's great and good, please learn about commas next class!
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 16:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, you want me to provide research to prove your "facts" for you?

That's not how an argument works. If you say something outlandish, you better be prepared to back it up, especially online, where it's easy to provide such information.

I'm not going to do the work for you. If you want to stick with an argument, you better be ready to prove it. Otherwise, you should just stick to easier threads, like My Little Pony or something like that.

In my opinion i gave you the freedom to look up what i said . Otherwise why would i even post i am not spreading falsehood you are entitled to your opinion and can believe what you wish if it is false or truth. Just think hard first before you complain about taxes because of how much you make.
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176 177 ... 1375 1376 1377