Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1007 1008 1009 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 16:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

we have some kind of castle laws as well, but I don't think you could get away with that here.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-02 17:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
If you absolutely HAVE to text for some reason when you're in a car, do it at a red light so you don't kill sometime

is what I meant
People do that and don't know that the light is green. After 10 seconds of waiting for your dumb *** to realize it, I let the horn go.

IF you still haven't gotten the message, I then bump your silly *** off the road. Get the *** out of my way!
10 seconds? Wow, you are so tolerant King.

Have you ever heard the phrase "in a New York minuet"? The New York minute is an actual unit of time composed of 60 New York seconds.

The New York second is the interval between when the light in front of you turns green and the horn behind you goes off. Its measured in nanoseconds. It predates texting.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-02 17:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Chanti, I'm really trying to disperse you from the typical, narcissistic notion of Baby Boomers that seems pervasive among them. You know time and progress didn't magically stop when you visited Texas in the 1970's, right?

I'll gladly admit there has been abhorrently regressive legislation passed in the past decade-and-a-half that many Texans are at odds with, especially in terms of education. I know plenty of people here have a point when expressing their grievances even though they're on the outside looking in, but your "beefs" are always centered around your experiences from forty years ago. What's the deal with that? Seriously.

EDIT: You know we've had an influx of conservative over the past decade, right? We've had plenty of state-to-state immigrants, who have come specifically because Texas is considered a "conservative stronghold".
FIRST: I am not a boomer. I am too old to qualify. 1944 model.

And yes, I know that time doesn't stand still. Which is why I asked. But King is about as incapable of giving a straight yes or no answer as the average politician. Otherwise this thread would be about 15 posts shorter.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-02 17:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
some dude was trying to convince me that it was legal to kill a guy that is bumping uglies with your wife, as long as it's your house, in tejas. I laughed.
If it happens on your property, you probably could. Stand Your Ground and all that jazz.
Its some variation on the "shoot the burglar" type law.

Basically you can shoot anyone who is on your property without your permission. Bumping uglies has nothing to do with it.

Texas is not the only state featuring this type of law.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-10-02 17:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Chanti, I'm really trying to disperse you from the typical, narcissistic notion of Baby Boomers that seems pervasive among them. You know time and progress didn't magically stop when you visited Texas in the 1970's, right?

I'll gladly admit there has been abhorrently regressive legislation passed in the past decade-and-a-half that many Texans are at odds with, especially in terms of education. I know plenty of people here have a point when expressing their grievances even though they're on the outside looking in, but your "beefs" are always centered around your experiences from forty years ago. What's the deal with that? Seriously.

EDIT: You know we've had an influx of conservative over the past decade, right? We've had plenty of state-to-state immigrants, who have come specifically because Texas is considered a "conservative stronghold".
FIRST: I am not a boomer. I am too old to qualify. 1944 model.

And yes, I know that time doesn't stand still. Which is why I asked. But King is about as incapable of giving a straight yes or no answer as the average politician. Otherwise this thread would be about 15 posts shorter.

Thank you for that bit of consolation.

To be honest, thinking retrospectively, the "culture" in Texas seems so far removed from what it was even a decade ago, which is very disconcerting in some aspects.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 17:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

1944 model.

now I'm thinking of my grandma's caramel rolls that I can no longer have nor duplicate.

THANKS A LOT GRANDMA CHANTI!!!

>:O
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-02 17:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave you a no, with a source.

What more do you want from me? A massage? A 100 bill for reading my post? For me to tell you what a good little grandma you are? A cookie?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-10-02 18:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I gave you a no, with a source.

What more do you want from me? A massage? A 100 bill for reading my post? For me to tell you what a good little grandma you are? A cookie?

What kind of cookie?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-02 18:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I'll take a massage, just focus on my calves and lumbar please.
You will take a boot to the head and you will like it!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Bahamut.Omael said: »
What kind of cookie?
Rainbow Chip

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-02 18:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Don't offer massages if you don't know how to give them Dorknerd!
I only give massages to women. And only the best kind too!

They keep coming back for more~ *wink*
By Bloodrose 2015-10-02 21:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because you didn't do it right the first time.

If you had, they'd be satisfied, and leave you the hell alone!

/angrywalter.

Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-10-02 21:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump 2016
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-03 02:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The ability to defend your life & territory from aggressors is maybe the oldest human right...

ILL EAGLES. BACK YOU ILL EAGLES. **** shotgun*

The funniest thing I get from the most vocal 2A defenders are that only their people should have this ALL ENCOMPASSING right to bear arms.

And by their people, I mean mostly white guys. SORRY I HAD TO MAKE THIS ABOUT RACE. But I did. Because it's an aspect of the whole ARM ALL THE THINGS debate in 'Murica.

How is race an aspect in supporting the right to bear arms? Or is this the good old, 'if you disagree with me then you're a racist' thing again?

When you get to where your position has been dismantled to the point where there is nothing left for you but to arbitrarily call everyone else racist then it is time to rethink your position.

Will someone please tell me what law they would like to see enacted that would have prevented this mass murder? These vague and generic attacks and insults on realists that support the 2nd Amendment are no plan. All they do is allow a fringe group of hard anti-gun rights activists to set themselves up as imaginary heroes that would protect us all if not for these insecure gun-toting rednecks and the NRA lobby.

This particular massacre, maybe the left ought to tone down their hateful rhetoric towards Christians which was a clear motive for his choice of victims. If they were Christian, they were shot. Hate is learned.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-10-03 03:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The ability to defend your life & territory from aggressors is maybe the oldest human right...

ILL EAGLES. BACK YOU ILL EAGLES. **** shotgun*

The funniest thing I get from the most vocal 2A defenders are that only their people should have this ALL ENCOMPASSING right to bear arms.

And by their people, I mean mostly white guys. SORRY I HAD TO MAKE THIS ABOUT RACE. But I did. Because it's an aspect of the whole ARM ALL THE THINGS debate in 'Murica.

How is race an aspect in supporting the right to bear arms? Or is this the good old, 'if you disagree with me then you're a racist' thing again?

When you get to where your position has been dismantled to the point where there is nothing left for you but to arbitrarily call everyone else racist then it is time to rethink your position.

Will someone please tell me what law they would like to see enacted that would have prevented this mass murder? These vague and generic attacks and insults on realists that support the 2nd Amendment are no plan. All they do is allow a fringe group of hard anti-gun rights activists to set themselves up as imaginary heroes that would protect us all if not for these insecure gun-toting rednecks and the NRA lobby.

This particular massacre, maybe the left ought to tone down their hateful rhetoric towards Christians which was a clear motive for his choice of victims. If they were Christian, they were shot. Hate is learned.

There's no need to fight to arm a lot of the minorities, they already have guns. Albeit illegally, but nonetheless.
By Aeyela 2015-10-03 06:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34428410

Quote:
The gunman who killed nine people in a shooting rampage at a college in Oregon had 13 weapons, federal agents said.

He was killed by police in a gun battle and another seven weapons were found at his home. All 13 were bought legally.

That's your "it's hard to legally own a gun" argument ***.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-03 07:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

tldr

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-03 10:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No, 100,000 People Did Not Gather In Peru To Support Kim Davis. Here’s Proof.
Think Progress

TLDR: Davis's scumbag lawyers posted pics from a 2014 Jesus Loves You And Changes You rally in Peru and labeled it as a rally in support of Kim on September 13 2015.

Quote:
Embattled Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis was no doubt the guest of honor at this year’s Values Voter Summit, with the hosting Family Research Council awarding her a “Cost of Discipleship Award.” Mat Staver, chairman of the Liberty Counsel, which legally represents her, praised her courage and claimed that 100,000 people had attended a prayer rally to support her in Peru.

Staver posted the following image at the summit to support his claim:

The image seems to have first been tweeted the day before the summit by Matt Barber, also formerly of the Liberty Counsel, who claimed, “Christians in Peru had a prayer rally for #KimDavis & American Christians. over 100K showed up. Amazing!” Staver posted the image a second time on Sunday, claiming that Peruvian Congressman Julio Rosas was responsible for organizing it.

There is not a single news story about a prayer rally taking place in Peru for Kim Davis. There is not a single post on Rosas’ Twitter or Facebook about such a rally, though he did send one tweet of support for Staver’s defense of Davis. And the image is almost certainly from a prayer rally known as “Jesús Te Ama Y Te Cambia” (“Jesus Loves You And Changes You”), which did take place in Peru — over five days in May, 2014.

Internet sleuths, including Twitter user @DCHomos, quickly identified the stadium as the Estadio Universidad Nacional Mayor San Marcos at the National University of San Marcos. Then, a number of videos seemed to quickly confirm that the image shared by Staver and Barber was from the 2014 convention organized by the pentecostal Movimiento Misionero Mundial (Worldwide Missionary Movement).

This video, taken from one of the evening events of the convention, seems to clearly identify the pink banner visible in the photo as one bearing the name of the event:

There is more in the original story including a rebuttal from the Liberty Counsel.

More:

Lawyers For Kim Davis: Yeah, That Peru Prayer Rally Photo Was Fake After All
Talking Points Memo

Yes, 100,000 Peruvian Christians Did Hold a Prayer Rally for Kim Davis
Barbwire

Matt Barber Forced To Apologize After Source Of Fake Peruvian Kim Davis Rally Photo Is Found
Joe. My. God.

I have never heard of these last three sites before.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-03 12:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »

Quote:
The gunman who killed nine people in a shooting rampage at a college in Oregon had 13 weapons, federal agents said.

He was killed by police in a gun battle and another seven weapons were found at his home. All 13 were bought legally.

The gunman is just another example of someone that stricter gun laws wouldn't touch. I can't find any sources saying that he had a prior police record or anything else that would disqualify him from legally owning a weapon. It's another case of people crying for a solution that wouldn't fix the problem.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-03 13:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Quote:

The gunman is just another example of someone that stricter gun laws wouldn't touch. I can't find any sources saying that he had a prior police record or anything else that would disqualify him from legally owning a weapon. It's another case of people crying for a solution that wouldn't fix the problem.

Stricter gun laws do significantly impact the rates of gun violence in things like domestic disturbances and drastically lower suicide rates. The laws should exist, even if they won't prevent mass shootings for those reasons alone. The rest is a matter of whether people would prefer less freedoms of their person in exchange for more freedoms of gun ownership, as the only way to actually affect mass shootings besides denying them weapons is to overhaul the way we treat people with mental illness.

Or, I guess we could just throw our hands up and accept that mass shootings are going to happen and avoid crowds.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-03 14:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Quote:

Stricter gun laws do significantly impact the rates of gun violence in things like domestic disturbances and drastically lower suicide rates. The laws should exist, even if they won't prevent mass shootings for those reasons alone. The rest is a matter of whether people would prefer less freedoms of their person in exchange for more freedoms of gun ownership, as the only way to actually affect mass shootings besides denying them weapons is to overhaul the way we treat people with mental illness.

Or, I guess we could just throw our hands up and accept that mass shootings are going to happen and avoid crowds.

Eh, most of the mass shootings that are heavily covered by the media seem to happen in areas that are gun-free zones, or at least areas where one wouldn't normally carry a gun. If I had to consciously avoid any "crowd", it would be in a place where I wouldn't have the ability to protect myself. Regardless, I don't agree with a lot of proposed measures for gun control, but at least some of them are based upon carefully weighed pros and cons and not an impossible utopian agenda. I'm especially opposed to legislation caused by knee-jerk reaction to events that wouldn't be prevented by the very legislation that they spawned.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-10-03 14:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we do not need more laws we simply need to enforce the ones already on the books. I myself have a concealed carry permit here in NY and I can tell you first hand they do not follow the laws even the strict ones we have in NY. When you buy pistol ammo you are by law required to show your pistol permit to make sure you have that weapon on your permit. I can count on one hand the times anyone has asked me to see my permit out of hundreds of times I have purchased ammo. Walmart is the biggest culprit on this. I myself avoid gun free zones at all cost. I think you might as well advertise yourself to be open to robbery/shootings. In NY we don't have open carry it is all concealed. Obamas agenda to take all our guns is like Ravael said above, a knee jerk reaction. All one has to do is look to Chicago to see strict gun laws only make citizens more vulnerable to crime.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-03 15:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The pyscopath who killed nine people in a shooting rampage at a college in Oregon had 13 weapons, federal agents said.

ftfy

I honestly haven't followed any information about the nut, I've been giving it some more time before I go looking into it fully, as I've seen so many varying reports on the matter so far.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-03 16:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Quote:
The pyscopath who killed nine people in a shooting rampage at a college in Oregon had 13 weapons, federal agents said.

ftfy

I honestly haven't followed any information about the nut, I've been giving it some more time before I go looking into it fully, as I've seen so many varying reports on the matter so far.

I tried to Google it that afternoon, the headlines on the first page alone had body counts from 6 to 17. If you don't have a real number, just don't report one, ffs.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-03 18:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Last thing I saw on it was 9 victims + shooter dead, shooter killed himself.

Oregon college gunman committed suicide and had amassed 14 firearms, officials say
LA Times

What's with all these chicken **** shooters? They don't have to kill themselves, the cops will be happy to do it for them. And who knows, they might add a few cops to the body count.

But no, as long as its panic stricken unarmed civilians they keep shooting, going gets even the slightest bit rough and its self inflicted.

CHICKEN GUANO COWARDS.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-03 20:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
I think we do not need more laws we simply need to enforce the ones already on the books. I myself have a concealed carry permit here in NY and I can tell you first hand they do not follow the laws even the strict ones we have in NY. When you buy pistol ammo you are by law required to show your pistol permit to make sure you have that weapon on your permit. I can count on one hand the times anyone has asked me to see my permit out of hundreds of times I have purchased ammo. Walmart is the biggest culprit on this. I myself avoid gun free zones at all cost. I think you might as well advertise yourself to be open to robbery/shootings. In NY we don't have open carry it is all concealed. Obamas agenda to take all our guns is like Ravael said above, a knee jerk reaction. All one has to do is look to Chicago to see strict gun laws only make citizens more vulnerable to crime.

If they could fix Chicago then I would be open to their ideas. But Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country and it is plagued with the worst gun violence in the Country.

The argument is "well the guns come in from out of state." So think about that. They can't keep the guns from coming into one city but they think they can keep them out of America. The same people that want to ban all the guns are also the open borders people. Yeah that will work.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-03 20:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Quote:

By your own admission you say the laws you want will not prevent mass shootings. Then after you present the false choice of doing what you want or throwing our hands up and accepting mass shootings.

That is the definition of politicizing a tragedy to advance a different agenda.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1007 1008 1009 ... 1375 1376 1377