By Ratchety 2015-10-30 10:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Ratchety said: »
Bahamut.Ratchie said: »
Phoenix.Faloun said: »
Gearswap: Lua Runtime Error: Gearswap/refresh.lua:675: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Mostly, when it come to refresh.lua error, it shows a second line of error, do you have a second line of error speaking about your whm.lua ?

No I do not, I only have the line of the refresh.lua error.

Your WHM lua most likely has a syntax error. You can run your file through an online interpreter, like this one. Choose lua.. hit submit.

Okay so I ran the whm lua through it, and it came back as having 1 error in the lua, on line 7, the line reads:
include('Obi_Check')

It read's this @ the bottom:

line 7: attempt to call global 'include' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
t.lua:7: in main chunk
[C]: ?
Any suggestions?
P.S. I believe I'm just using Grouf's WHM lua if that helps any.

Your WHM.lua is trying to load a file named Obi_Check.lua, which you apparently don't have. Try looking wherever you got it from possibly. I've never heard of Grouf, so no idea.

Okay, so I got the whm lua to have no errors in it, and I even ran the Refresh.lua file that comes in the gearswap folder through and neither of them have any errors in them, but I'm still getting the same error message as stated in the first post.
 Odin.Azzariah
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Azzariah
By Odin.Azzariah 2015-10-30 10:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone help me with getting a Capacity Mantle lock? Zigbar's PLD.lua has a cool toggle for it, but i cant seem to reproduce it on other jobs. Tried copying over some lines onto other luas but having no luck
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-10-30 12:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap: Lua Runtime Error: Gearswap/refresh.lua:675: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Mostly, when it come to refresh.lua error, it shows a second line of error, do you have a second line of error speaking about your whm.lua ?

Your WHM lua most likely has a syntax error. You can run your file through an online interpreter, like this one. Choose lua.. hit submit.

Okay so I ran the whm lua through it, and it came back as having 1 error in the lua, on line 7, the line reads:
include('Obi_Check')

stack traceback:
Any suggestions?

Your WHM.lua is trying to load a file named Obi_Check.lua, which you apparently don't have. Try looking wherever you got it from possibly. I've never heard of Grouf, so no idea.

Okay, so I got the whm lua to have no errors in it, and I even ran the Refresh.lua file that comes in the gearswap folder through and neither of them have any errors in them, but I'm still getting the same error message as stated in the first post.

By chance, did you just remove the line "include('Obi_Check')" from your lua? If so, that explains your problem. No doubt there's code inside your WHM.lua that relies on this file to function.

Your only option is to find that file, or use a different WHM.lua from somewhere else.
 Phoenix.Keido
Server: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-10-30 13:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed my own problem..
By Ratchety 2015-10-31 11:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

include('Obi_Check')

stack traceback:
Any suggestions?

By chance, did you just remove the line "include('Obi_Check')" from your lua? If so, that explains your problem. No doubt there's code inside your WHM.lua that relies on this file to function.

Your only option is to find that file, or use a different WHM.lua from somewhere else.

I have the obi_check file now in that same data folder as the whm Lua, Idk if it goes there or just under the gearswap folder. But either way it still gives me the same Refresh.lua error as original post.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-10-31 12:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the obi_check file now in that same data folder as the whm Lua, Idk if it goes there or just under the gearswap folder. But either way it still gives me the same Refresh.lua error as original post.

Ah, oh well. Can you pastebin your WHM.lua?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-10-31 15:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Grouf/data/blob/master/Grouf_WHM.lua

The refresh error occurs even without a lua in the data folder, that's why I'm so confused as to what it could be.

There's too much I don't know about what you're doing to be honest. I tried Grouf's WHM.lua and it works fine. You could have changed something that's causing the error though, so I don't know without seeing the file you're using.

Did you rename Grouf_WHM.lua to either WHM.lua or Ratchety_WHM.lua? (assuming that is your char's name) Also be careful to name the Obi_Check.lua file exactly as he has it. Capitalization is important.
By Ratchety 2015-10-31 15:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Grouf/data/blob/master/Grouf_WHM.lua

The refresh error occurs even without a lua in the data folder, that's why I'm so confused as to what it could be.

There's too much I don't know about what you're doing to be honest. I tried Grouf's WHM.lua and it works fine. You could have changed something that's causing the error though, so I don't know without seeing the file you're using.

Did you rename Grouf_WHM.lua to either WHM.lua or Ratchety_WHM.lua? (assuming that is your char's name) Also be careful to name the Obi_Check.lua file exactly as he has it. Capitalization is important.

I literally copy/pasted the lua and saved it as Whm.lua, I also have the Obi_Check.lua saved exactly as it's named. I do not believe the refresh error has anything to do with the lua used because it's been there for 3 different lua's.

local gearswap_appdata = os.getenv('APPDATA') .. '/Windower/GearSwap/'

That is the line that I am getting an error on based on what it's telling me
 Asura.Vafruvant
Server: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-31 16:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Joined this discussion late, but...

To Ratchety, you should have a folder inside /Windower4/addons/GearSwap named 'data', that is where you should be saving your job files, aka WHM.lua

Next, you should be saving any file being "included" in the /Windower4/addons/GearSwap/libs folder. (There will be a lot of Mote- luas in there.)

To summarize:

/Windower4/addons/GearSwap/data/WHM.lua
/Windower4/addons/GearSwap/libs/Obi_Check.lua

The only way you should get that error is if all the priors search checks are failing. Basically, it's saying that you're missing these folders:

/Windower4/addons/GearSwap/libs-dev/
/Windower4/addons/GearSwap/libs/
/Windower4/addons/GearSwap/data/Ratchie
/Windower4/addons/GearSwap/data/common
/Windower4/addons/GearSwap/data/

It's then trying to search your AppData folder in your Windows file and it's not finding the folders there either. I would guess you probably deleted these folders since they didn't appear to matter to you, but they are needed.

For the record, I *never* suggest copy/paste when using someone's file from GitHub. This site has a RAW button with which you can right-click and Save Link As... or Save Target As... or w/e your browser says to save the lua directly. Same idea for Pastebin, but you can just click the Download link there and the same thing happens.
By Ratchety 2015-10-31 16:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Joined this discussion late, but...

To Ratchety, you should have a folder inside /Windower4/addons/GearSwap named 'data', that is where you should be saving your job files, aka WHM.lua

Next, you should be saving any file being "included" in the /Windower4/addons/GearSwap/libs folder. (There will be a lot of Mote- luas in there.)

To summarize:

The only way you should get that error is if all the priors search checks are failing. Basically, it's saying that you're missing these folders:

It's then trying to search your AppData folder in your Windows file and it's not finding the folders there either. I would guess you probably deleted these folders since they didn't appear to matter to you, but they are needed.

For the record, I *never* suggest copy/paste when using someone's file from GitHub. This site has a RAW button with which you can right-click and Save Link As... or Save Target As... or w/e your browser says to save the lua directly. Same idea for Pastebin, but you can just click the Download link there and the same thing happens.

Of the folders you listed:

I am missing :

But I have literally just redownloaded Gearswap, so where could these files have gone/what do I need to do to get them back?
My current file shows
/Windower4/addons/Gearswap/data
/Windower4/addons/Gearswap/libs
and those are the only two subfolders found under Gearswap atm.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-31 17:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My current file shows
That's fine, you should only need those two. Now, just make sure the files are where they need to be.
By Ratchety 2015-10-31 17:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My current file shows
That's fine, you should only need those two. Now, just make sure the files are where they need to be.

Both are in the correct spots, Data> WHM.lua, Libs> Obi_Check.lua
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-31 17:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I can suggest at this point then is to try redownloading the WHM file by right-clicking the Raw button and downloading it from there into your data folder. Much like Orestes, I was able to load the file just fine, no errors whatsoever.
By Ratchety 2015-10-31 17:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I can suggest at this point then is to try redownloading the WHM file by right-clicking the Raw button and downloading it from there into your data folder. Much like Orestes, I was able to load the file just fine, no errors whatsoever.

I can try it again, but I honestly don't think it's my WHM lua that's causing the problem... as I get this same error message if I login without a lua in the data folder.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-31 18:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That tells me that you have another lua being loaded, somehow, somewhere, because without a file in the data folder, GearSwap shouldn't even be loading, much less throwing errors.

What files are inside your /data/ folder?
By Ratchety 2015-10-31 18:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That tells me that you have another lua being loaded, somehow, somewhere, because without a file in the data folder, GearSwap shouldn't even be loading, much less throwing errors.

What files are inside your /data/ folder?

Instructions text file and whm.lua
under the base /Gearswap folder there is a bunch of .lua's tho..
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-31 18:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The base folder should have:

equip_processing.lua
export.lua
flow.lua
gearswap.lua
helper_functions.lua
parse_augments.lua
refresh.lua
statics.lua
targets.lua
triggers.lua
user_functions.lua
validate.lua
version_history.txt
By Ratchety 2015-10-31 18:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The base folder should have:

equip_processing.lua
export.lua
flow.lua
gearswap.lua
helper_functions.lua
parse_augments.lua
refresh.lua
statics.lua
targets.lua
triggers.lua
user_functions.lua
validate.lua
version_history.txt

Mine does not include:
parse_augments.lua
Wonder why that is? Maybe this could be causing a problem? I'm not sure. It's telling me my problem is in the Refresh.lua but it runs clean through the site saying no problems detected..
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-31 18:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I don't know if parse_augments is used anymore, as the file hasn't been updated in almost a year and a half.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-31 18:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

When you've been making changes to files and such, have you been logged into the game while making the changes?
By Ratchety 2015-11-01 12:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When you've been making changes to files and such, have you been logged into the game while making the changes?

I restart windower each time I make a new change
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-11-01 14:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What version of Windows are you using? Your orignal error suggests you don't have APPDATA defined on your system.

You should be able to open a command prompt, and run the following.
Code
echo %APPDATA%

Alternatively, you can simply type "set" and it should list APPDATA, among many other environment variables.

If that doesn't return a path, I would bring this up to a windower developer.

edit:
Here is another post with the same issue. It doesn't appear that Conagh was ever answered.

This is really dirty, but if you can't get a dev response try manually setting the value on line 675 of refresh.lua temporarily. (change YourName to the real folder name)
Code
    local gearswap_appdata = 'C:/Users/YourName/AppData/Roaming/Windower/GearSwap/'
By Ratchety 2015-11-01 18:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What version of Windows are you using? Your orignal error suggests you don't have APPDATA defined on your system.

You should be able to open a command prompt, and run the following.
Code
echo %APPDATA%

Alternatively, you can simply type "set" and it should list APPDATA, among many other environment variables.

If that doesn't return a path, I would bring this up to a windower developer.

edit:
Here is another post with the same issue. It doesn't appear that Conagh was ever answered.

This is really dirty, but if you can't get a dev response try manually setting the value on line 675 of refresh.lua temporarily. (change YourName to the real folder name)
Code
    local gearswap_appdata = 'C:/Users/YourName/AppData/Roaming/Windower/GearSwap/'

I run windows 7, and thanks I'll try to get a hold of a dev, until then I'll try your technique.
 Asura.Miizuki
user: Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-11-03 02:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey,

I'm having a problem but not sure if it comes from my Macro or Gearswap though but I would like to know if anyone already had that kind of problem before.

For example if I'm using a simple macro like this:
/ja Ebullience <me>
/wait 1
/ma "Thunder V" <t>

Sometimes my Set won't change and just stay in Idle Set, this does not happen only with Ebullience but also with Enlightenment it happens pretty much often (not all the time though) when I use that kind of macro and sometimes I might have seen that the set is returning back to idle set a bit faster than usual before my spell cast is done.

I really don't know why would this happen because when I simply cast any spell I never have that problem, only when I'm using this kind of macro.
By Freakshow17303 2015-11-03 21:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning player learning how to Code For GS, been reading though all the different guides and stuff like that. I haven't read anything on this but is there a way to have gearsets for specific zones? like say if im in sandy have my Idle set w/ Aketon equiped but anywhere else would be regen/refresh/-dt gear, or be able to set specific TP sets for zones Like if I'm doing Dynamis/Salvage where I want to Fulltime TH or If I'm in a CP party like in Moh Gates to lock my backpeice? if anyone knows if you can do this at all would be awesome if you could explain or link me in the right direction ty
By Dunigs 2015-11-03 22:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a number of ways to handle what you're looking for. There is world.zone and world.area, both of which are the string names of the zone you are in.

Handling idle set would be something as simple as :
Code
if S{"Northern San'doria","Port San'doria","Southern San'doria"}:contains(world.zone) then
    equip(set_combine(yourDefaultIdleSet,{body="Kingdom Aketon"})
else
    equip(yourDefaultIdleSet)
end

Fulltiming within certain zones is a little different. You could bind to event on zone change, though there's probably some failure rate in it actually firing :
Code
windower.register_event('zone change',function(new,old)
     if S{134,135,185,186,187,188,39,40,41,42}:contains(new) then
           equip(treasureHunterSet)
           disable(whatever slots you have TH gear in)
     end
end)

The above example contains IDs for Dynamis Zones. Salvage would be a little trickier due to encumbrance, though the same rule could be applied for capacity points mantle, replacing the S{} table with IDs for capacity zones you want to consider and using disable('back'). IDs can be found in /res/zones.lua
 Carbuncle.Calout
Server: Carbuncle
user: Calout
By Carbuncle.Calout 2015-11-04 20:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having trouble setting up a Capacity mode for my MNK Lua. I use Motes Mnk lua. I'm not sure what i need to do. I have limited knowledge of gearswap. If someone could show me or direct me to where i can find the solution would be a great help.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-11-06 10:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Im running into a problem on BLU with the new dual elemental spells with the longer cast times, it switches back to my idle set before the spell finishes casting. I had been using this lua with no problem before these spells came out, so maybe I need to somehow add them into the rules?

http://pastebin.com/1gANcfRS

Dont know if people use pastebin anymore, but I couldnt figure out how to work github...
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-11-06 10:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Calout said: »
I'm having trouble setting up a Capacity mode for my MNK Lua. I use Motes Mnk lua. I'm not sure what i need to do. I have limited knowledge of gearswap. If someone could show me or direct me to where i can find the solution would be a great help.

With Mote's you can do the following.

place this in job_setup()
Code
    state.CapacityMode = M(false, 'Capacity Point Mantle')

create a hotkey in user_setup()
Code
    send_command('bind != gs c toggle CapacityMode')

make a set in init_gear_sets()
Code
    sets.CapacityMantle = { back="Mecistopins Mantle" }

The following makes sure the mantle is equipped, should you kill a mob with WS.

Add or integrate this to job_post_precast()
Code
    if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
        -- Mecistopins Mantle rule
        if state.CapacityMode.value then
            equip(sets.CapacityMantle)
        end
    end

finally, add this to customize_melee_set()
Code
    if state.CapacityMode.value then
        meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.CapacityMantle)
    end
    return meleeSet

Pretty much all my luas have this, so you can use them for reference if you get lost. If you're missing any of those functions, create them.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 181 182 183