Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 180 181 182
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-11-08 00:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to create a custom timer for whatever spell (say haste) using gearswap? Motetenten has something along that line in his brd GS, I was hoping to make custom timers for haste and other buffs as Timers can't recognize the enh duration on Telchine stuff. Thanks!
 Bahamut.Alteubent
Server: Bahamut
user: Alteubent
By Bahamut.Alteubent 2015-11-10 03:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Ratchety said: ยป
Here is another post with the same issue. It doesn't appear that Conagh was ever answered.
I didn't see that Conagh showed the file in question but this may work for both of you.

On the original file download Grouf_WHM.lua line 7 include('Obi_Check') should be inside of function get_sets().

If you don't want the include('Obi_Check') just delete lines:
7 include('Obi_Check')
166 obi_check(spell.element)
182 obi_check(spell.element)
187 obi_check(spell.element)

The functions they were in should work without them.
 Asura.Extract
Server: Asura
user: deezydabs
By Asura.Extract 2015-11-10 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, So I want to know if there is a way to automatically use Trizek ring while I'm afk. Is that possible? Also, is there a way to automatically pass or drop ***items like insect wings, beetle shells etc etc.. Thanks in advance!
By Selindrile 2015-11-11 05:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Extract said: »
Aye, So I want to know if there is a way to automatically use Trizek ring while I'm afk. Is that possible? Also, is there a way to automatically pass or drop ***items like insect wings, beetle shells etc etc.. Thanks in advance!

There's about a gazillion ways, but your easiest is probably a script, make a file in your windower\scripts directory and copy paste this into it:
Code
alias loop exec trizek.txt
input /item "Trizek Ring" <me>
wait 500
loop

To start, type: //exec trizek.txt
To stop, type: //alias loop off

I'm not sure if you can actually wait as long as 500 but that probably works as written, also for auto pass/drop, you're looking for the Treasury addon.
[+]
By Selindrile 2015-11-11 05:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to tell the value of a roll on you, or perhaps capture the name and value of a roll that you just did and put it into a variable? I'd rather not have to use a register_event and take all incoming messages and then filter it for just the rolls I'm looking for but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm pretty frustrated trying to create an auto-corsair roller, surely someone has done this before either as a standalone addon or as part of gearswap, I'd love to see anyone's implementation if they'll share it.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2015-11-12 15:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I haven't played in a while and logged in for the free-to-play to basically run around and goof off. That being said, it appears that my gearswap is all wonky as I casted cure on myself and transformed into a different race. I'm getting a nil value '?' in my refresh.lua on line 234 that's presently written as this:

if player_mob_table.race ~= nil then
player.race_id = player.race
player.race = res.races[player.race][language]
end

Anyone see anything wrong here? Most of the rest of it seems ok, just so long as I don't try to cast cure lol
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2015-11-12 22:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
stuff

The changing races thing is caused by blinkmenot, unload that. But I'm getting the same error with refresh.lua. Also getting an error with libs/tables.lua on my brd mule on line 172: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (line 3 here)
Code
-- Removes all elements from a table.
function table.clear(t)
    for key in pairs(t) do
        rawset(t, key, nil)
    end

return t
end

The error only seems to happen on my brd mule...guess it's because I'm using Motenten's brd.lua (rip in peace ;_;)

edit: ^ problem seems to have fixed itself for now

Also getting an error on my slightly modded Bokura SAM lua on line 570: attempt to compare number with nil. I deleted the elseif and it started working again, but wondering if there's a simple fix.

http://pastebin.com/AUzhB5TU
By orphenPUP 2015-11-13 03:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just returning after a long break, and need some help with Gearswap coding.

In regards to Puppetmaster, I am working with Motes preset PUP file to learn and would like to make some small adjustments for the way I intend to play. Here are the first four changes I need help with.

Work in Progress PUP.lua

1) Manually adjust Pet Modes.

2) Idle set (due to no Pet Precast/fastcast)

3) Cure Sets (to help build Enmity) Working Now.

4) Sheltered Ring for Automaton Protect/Shell (only)[/u] Working Now.

All help will be greatly appreciated, as Im not familiar with coding.
By rookie6256 2015-11-13 23:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey quick question, i'm trying to set up my BLM Gearswap to use my reforged AF +1 body when im below 35% mana but for some reason i cant get it to work correctly any suggestions would be great thanks! Here's what I've currently got.
Code
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Setup functions for this job.  Generally should not be modified.

-- Initialization function for this job file.
function get_sets()
    mote_include_version = 2

-- Load and initialize the include file.
    include('Mote-Include.lua')
	include('organizer-lib')

end

-- Setup vars that are user-independent.  state.Buff vars initialized here will automatically be tracked.
function job_setup()

end

-- User setup functions for this job.  Recommend that these be overridden in a sidecar file.

-- Setup vars that are user-dependent.  Can override this function in a sidecar file.
function user_setup()
    state.OffenseMode:options('None', 'Normal')
    state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'Resistant', 'Proc')
    state.IdleMode:options('Normal', 'PDT')

state.MagicBurst = M(false, 'Magic Burst')

lowTierNukes = S{'Stone', 'Water', 'Aero', 'Fire', 'Blizzard', 'Thunder',
        'Stone II', 'Water II', 'Aero II', 'Fire II', 'Blizzard II', 'Thunder II',
        'Stone III', 'Water III', 'Aero III', 'Fire III', 'Blizzard III', 'Thunder III',
        'Stonega', 'Waterga', 'Aeroga', 'Firaga', 'Blizzaga', 'Thundaga',
        'Stonega II', 'Waterga II', 'Aeroga II', 'Firaga II', 'Blizzaga II', 'Thundaga II'}

gear.macc_hagondes = {name="Hagondes Cuffs", augments={'Phys. dmg. taken -3%','Mag. Acc.+29'}}

-- Additional local binds
    send_command('bind ^` input /ma Stun <t>')
    send_command('bind @` gs c activate MagicBurst')

select_default_macro_book()
end

-- Called when this job file is unloaded (eg: job change)
function user_unload()
    send_command('unbind ^`')
    send_command('unbind @`')
end

-- Define sets and vars used by this job file.
function init_gear_sets()
    --------------------------------------
    -- Start defining the sets
    --------------------------------------

organizer_items = {
		echos="Echo Drops",
		bestitem="Warp Ring",
		CPcape="Aptitude Mantle"
}

---- Precast Sets ----

-- Precast sets to enhance JAs
    sets.precast.JA['Mana Wall'] = {feet="Goetia Sabots +2"}

sets.precast.JA.Manafont = {body="Sorcerer's Coat +2"}

-- equip to maximize HP (for Tarus) and minimize MP loss before using convert
    sets.precast.JA.Convert = {}

-- Fast cast sets for spells

sets.precast.FC = {ammo="Impatiens",
        head="Nahtirah Hat",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",ring1="Prolix Ring",
        back="Swith Cape +1",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Orvail Pants +1",feet="Regal Pumps +1"}

sets.precast.FC['Enhancing Magic'] = set_combine(sets.precast.FC, {waist="Siegel Sash", head="Umuthi Hat"})

sets.precast.FC['Elemental Magic'] = set_combine(sets.precast.FC, {neck="Stoicheion Medal"})

sets.precast.FC.Cure = set_combine(sets.precast.FC, {body="Heka's Kalasiris", back="Pahtli Cape"})

sets.precast.FC.Curaga = sets.precast.FC.Cure

-- Weaponskill sets
    -- Default set for any weaponskill that isn't any more specifically defined
    sets.precast.WS = {
        head="Hagondes Hat",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
        body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Shiva Ring",ring2="Rajas Ring",
        back="Refraction Cape",waist="Cognition Belt",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

-- Specific weaponskill sets.  Uses the base set if an appropriate WSMod version isn't found.
    sets.precast.WS['Vidohunir'] = {ammo="Dosis Tathlum",
        head="Hagondes Hat",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Friomisi Earring",ear2="Hecate's Earring",
        body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Shiva Ring",ring2="Acumen Ring",
        back="Toro Cape",waist="Thunder Belt",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

---- Midcast Sets ----

sets.midcast.FastRecast = {
        head="Nahtirah Hat",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",hands="Bokwus Gloves",ring1="Prolix Ring",
        back="Swith Cape +1",waist="Goading Belt",legs="Hagondes Pants +1",feet="Hagondes Sabots +1"}

sets.midcast.Cure = {main="Surya's Staff +1",sub="Curatio Grip",
        head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Phalaina Locket",ear2="Roundel Earring", ear1="Beatific Earring",
        body="Chelona Blazer",hands="Bokwus Gloves",ring1="Ephedra Ring",ring2="Sirona's Ring",
        back="Tempered Cape",waist=gear.ElementalObi,legs="Orvail Pants +1",feet="Zenith Pumps +1"}

sets.midcast.Curaga = sets.midcast.Cure

sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'] = {
		main="Kirin's Pole", sub="Fulcio Grip",
        head="Umuthi Hat", neck="Colossus's Torque",
        body="Telchine Chasuble",hands="Augur's Gloves",
        waist="Olympus Sash", legs="Portent Pants", feet="Regal Pumps +1"}

sets.midcast.Stoneskin = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'], {waist="Siegel Sash", legs="Haven Hose"})

sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'] = {main=KeraunosNuke,sub="Mephitis Grip",ammo="Sturm's Report",
        head=HeliosheadNuke,neck="Weike Torque",ear1="Psystorm Earring",ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
        body="Artsieq Jubbah",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Mediator's Ring",ring2="Sangoma Ring",
        back="Bane Cape", waist="Ovate Rope", legs="Bokwus Slops",feet=HeliosfeetNuke}

sets.midcast.ElementalEnfeeble = sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic']

sets.midcast['Dark Magic'] = {main=KeraunosNuke,sub="Mephitis Grip",ammo="Sturm's Report",
        head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Dark Torque",ear1="Psystorm Earring",ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Strendu Ring",ring2="Sangoma Ring",
        back="Bane Cape",waist="Austerity Belt +1",legs="Bokwus Slops",feet=HeliosfeetNuke}

sets.midcast.Drain = {main=KeraunosNuke,sub="Mephitis Grip",ammo="Sturm's Report",
        head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Aesir Torque",ear1="Psystorm Earring",ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Excelsis Ring",ring2="Sangoma Ring",
        back="Bane Cape",waist="Austerity Belt +1",legs="Bokwus Slops",feet="Goetia Sabots +2"}

sets.midcast.Aspir = sets.midcast.Drain

sets.midcast.Stun = {main=KeraunosNuke,sub="Mephitis Grip",ammo="Sturm's Report",
        head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Weike Torque",ear1="Psystorm Earring",ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
        body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Strendu Ring",ring2="Sangoma Ring",
        back="Bane Cape",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Orvail Pants +1",feet=HeliosfeetNuke}

sets.midcast.BardSong = {main=KerauosNuke,sub="Mephitis Grip",ammo="Sturm's Report",
        head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Weike Torque",ear1="Psystorm Earring",ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Strendu Ring",ring2="Sangoma Ring",
        back="Refraction Cape",legs="Bokwus Slops",feet="Bokwus Boots"}

-- Elemental Magic sets

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'] = {main=KeraunosNuke,sub="Zuuxowu Grip",ammo="Dosis Tathlum",
        head=HeliosheadNuke,neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Barkarole Earring",ear2="Friomisi Earring",
        body="Hagondes coat +1",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Shiva Ring",ring2="Acumen Ring",
        back="Bane Cape",waist="Belisama's Rope +1",legs="Hagondes Pants +1",feet=HeliosfeetNuke}

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].Resistant = {main=KeraunosNuke,sub="Elder's Grip +1",ammo="Dosis Tathlum",
        head=HeliosheadNuke,neck="Stoicheon medal",ear1="Barkarole Earring",ear2="Friomisi Earring",
        body="Hagondes coat +1",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Shiva Ring",ring2="Acumen Ring",
        back="Bane Cape",waist="Belisama's Rope +1",legs="Wicce Chausses +1",feet=HeliosfeetNuke}

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].HighTierNuke = set_combine(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {sub="Elder's Grip +1",waist="Aswang Sash",back="Toro Cape"})
    sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].HighTierNuke.Resistant = set_combine(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {sub="Elder's Grip +1",waist="Aswang Sash"})

-- Minimal damage gear for procs.
    sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].Proc = {main="Earth Staff", sub="Mephitis Grip",ammo="Impatiens",
        head="Helios Band", neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Bloodgem Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
        body="Manasa Chasuble",hands="Serpentes Cuffs",ring1="Sheltered Ring",ring2="Paguroidea Ring",
        back="Swith Cape +1",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Assiduity Pants +1",feet="Regal Pumps +1"}

-- Sets to return to when not performing an action.

-- Resting sets
    sets.resting = {main="Chatoyant Staff",ammo="Clarus Stone",
        head="Nefer Khat +1",neck="Grandiose Chain",
        body="Heka's Kalasiris",hands="Serpentes Cuffs",ring1="Sheltered Ring",ring2="Paguroidea Ring",
        waist="Austerity Belt",legs="Assiduity Pants +1",feet="Chelona Boots"}

-- Idle sets

-- Normal refresh idle set
    sets.idle = {main="Bolelabunga", sub="Genbu's Shield",ammo="Esper Stone +1",
        head="Hike khat",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Novia Earring",ear2="Musical Earring",
        body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Serpentes Cuffs",ring1="Sheltered Ring",ring2="Paguroidea Ring",
        back="Umbra Cape",waist="Fucho-no-obi",legs="Assiduity Pants +1",feet="Serpentes Sabots"}

-- Idle mode that keeps PDT gear on, but doesn't prevent normal gear swaps for precast/etc.
    sets.idle.PDT = {main="Terra's Staff", sub="Zuuxowu Grip",ammo="Brigantia Pebble",
        head="Hike khat",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Bloodgem Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
        body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Hagondes cuffs +1",ring1="Defending Ring",ring2="Paguroidea Ring",
        back="Umbra Cape",waist="Fucho-no-obi",legs="Hagondes Pants +1",feet="Regal Pumps +1"}

-- Idle mode scopes:

-- Defense sets

sets.defense.PDT = {main="Terra's Staff", sub="Zuuxowu Grip",ammo="Brigantia Pebble",
        head="Hike khat",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Bloodgem Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
        body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Hagondes cuffs +1",ring1="Defending Ring",ring2="Paguroidea Ring",
        back="Umbra Cape",waist="Fucho-no-obi",legs="Hagondes Pants +1",feet="Regal Pumps +1"}

sets.defense.MDT = {ammo="Demonry Stone",
        head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Twilight Torque",
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Defending Ring",ring2="Shadow Ring",
        back="Tuilha Cape",waist="Hierarch Belt",legs="Bokwus Slops",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

sets.Kiting = {feet="Herald's Gaiters"}

sets.latent_refresh = {waist="Fucho-no-obi"}

-- Buff sets: Gear that needs to be worn to actively enhance a current player buff.

sets.buff['Mana Wall'] = {feet="Goetia Sabots +2"}

sets.magic_burst = {neck="Mizukage-no-Kubikazari"}
	sets.LowMana = {main=KeraunosNuke,sub="Elder's Grip +1",ammo="Dosis Tathlum",
        head=HeliosheadNuke,neck="Stoicheon medal",ear1="Barkarole Earring",ear2="Friomisi Earring",
        body="Spaekona's Coat +1",hands=HelioshandsNuke,ring1="Shiva Ring",ring2="Acumen Ring",
        back="Bane Cape",waist="Aswang Sash",legs="Wicce Chausses +1",feet=HeliosfeetNuke}

-- Engaged sets

-- Variations for TP weapon and (optional) offense/defense modes.  Code will fall back on previous
    -- sets if more refined versions aren't defined.
    -- If you create a set with both offense and defense modes, the offense mode should be first.
    -- EG: sets.engaged.Dagger.Accuracy.Evasion

-- Normal melee group
    sets.engaged = {
        head="Zelus Tiara",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
        body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Bokwus Gloves",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="K'ayres Ring",
        back="Umbra Cape",waist="Goading Belt",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}
end

-- Job-specific hooks for standard casting events.

-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want any automatic gear equipping to be done.
-- Set eventArgs.useMidcastGear to true if we want midcast gear equipped on precast.
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spellMap == 'Cure' or spellMap == 'Curaga' then
        gear.default.obi_waist = "Goading Belt"
    elseif spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
        gear.default.obi_waist = "Sekhmet Corset"
        if state.CastingMode.value == 'Proc' then
            classes.CustomClass = 'Proc'
        end
    end
end

-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want any automatic gear equipping to be done.
function job_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

if spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" then
		if player.mpp < 35 then 
			equip(sets.LowMana)
		end
	end

end

function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and state.MagicBurst.value then
        equip(sets.magic_burst)
    end

end

function job_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    -- Lock feet after using Mana Wall.
    if not spell.interrupted then
        if spell.english == 'Mana Wall' then
            enable('feet')
            equip(sets.buff['Mana Wall'])
            disable('feet')
        elseif spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
            state.MagicBurst:reset()
        end
    end
end

-- Job-specific hooks for non-casting events.

-- Called when a player gains or loses a buff.
-- buff == buff gained or lost
-- gain == true if the buff was gained, false if it was lost.
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    -- Unlock feet when Mana Wall buff is lost.
    if buff == "Mana Wall" and not gain then
        enable('feet')
        handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
    end
end

-- Handle notifications of general user state change.
function job_state_change(stateField, newValue, oldValue)
    if stateField == 'Offense Mode' then
        if newValue == 'Normal' then
            disable('main','sub','range')
        else
            enable('main','sub','range')
        end
    end
end

-- User code that supplements standard library decisions.

-- Custom spell mapping.
function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
    if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and default_spell_map ~= 'ElementalEnfeeble' then
        --[[ No real need to differentiate with current gear.
        if lowTierNukes:contains(spell.english) then
            return 'LowTierNuke'
        else
            return 'HighTierNuke'
        end
        --]]
    end
end

-- Modify the default idle set after it was constructed.
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    if player.mpp < 51 then
        idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.latent_refresh)
    end

return idleSet
end

-- Function to display the current relevant user state when doing an update.
function display_current_job_state(eventArgs)
    display_current_caster_state()
    eventArgs.handled = true
end

-- Utility functions specific to this job.

-- Select default macro book on initial load or subjob change.
function select_default_macro_book()
    set_macro_page(2, 16)
end

The line in question is:
Code

if spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" then
		if player.mpp < 35 then 
			equip(sets.LowMana)
		end
	end

end
By Selindrile 2015-11-14 03:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Put it in post midcast

here's my post midcast for reference:
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and default_spell_map ~= 'ElementalEnfeeble' then
        if state.MagicBurst.value then equip(sets.MagicBurst) end
		if player.mpp <51 then equip(sets.RecoverMP) end
		if spell.element == 'Wind' then equip(sets.WindNuke) end
    end

end
By rookie6256 2015-11-14 06:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Worked like a charm, thanks!
[+]
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2015-11-16 08:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have amended two different BLU Gear Swaps to try to get the right gear for all spells. However I keep getting an issue of no index set for any of IDle or TP Sets. Can anyone see where I've gone wrong?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-11-17 17:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What in this is wrong that it won't equip gear on lightsday (but it will for light weather?)
By Selindrile 2015-11-18 00:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

While as far as I can tell that should work... not sure why it doesn't, may as well do world.day_element == 'Light' to eliminate a variable since this is cures onry, here's what I have on whm.
Code
-- Custom spell mapping.
function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
    if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
		if (default_spell_map == 'Cure' or default_spell_map == 'Curaga') then
			if player.status == 'Engaged' then
				return "CureMelee"
			elseif state.Buff['Afflatus Solace'] then
				if world.weather_element == 'Light' then
					return 'LightWeatherCureSolace'
				elseif world.day_element == 'Light' then
					return 'LightDayCureSolace'
				else
					return "CureSolace"
				end
			elseif world.weather_element == 'Light' then
                return 'LightWeatherCure'
			elseif world.day_element == 'Light' then
                return 'LightDayCure'
			end
		elseif spell.skill == "Enfeebling Magic" then
            if spell.type == "WhiteMagic" then
                return "MndEnfeebles"
            else
                return "IntEnfeebles"
            end
        end
    end
end
[+]
By Selindrile 2015-11-21 14:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a problem with Geo, gear swapping during midcast, due to pet_change, using Motenten's base, going to look into it more but thought I'd ask here in case anyone's run into this.

Update: It doesn't always happen, just sometimes, have been toying with casting impact on low level mobs, haven't seen it happen without a geo spell up, but it's not just if it dies in the middle of casting or anything, it seems to be random when casting a spell with a geo bubble out?

Link to the entirety of my Gearswaps, I've edited Mote's libs and core files heavily so I suppose it could be anything, but if someone wants something specific for me to put in <code> just lemme know.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/20vy32liub3glxz/AAAiIVHAasFdwCK1SZdZz7d_a?dl=0
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-11-22 17:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started reading the guide here

GearSwap Tutorial (v0.1)
http://www.ffxiah.com/node/145

and i didn the fist little micro example of
Code
function get_sets()
	sets.aftercast = {hands="Serpentes Cuffs", feet="Serpentes Sabots"}
end

funtion aftercast(spell)
	equip(sets.aftercast)
end

But when i do GS reload i get the following error:
WHM.lua:5: '+' expected near 'aftercast'
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-11-22 17:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

GDI nvm me i saw my typo right as i hit submit >.<
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-11-23 12:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting this error when I //gs org..

extdata.lua: 1778; attempt to index 'rettab' a nil value.

The function that this occurs in is this one:
Code
function decode.Lamp(str)
    local chambers = {[0x1E] = 'Rossweisse', [0x1F] = 'Grimgerde', [0x20] = 'Siegrune', [0x21] = 'Helmwige',
        [0x22] = 'Schwertleite', [0x23] = 'Waltraute', [0x24] = 'Ortlinde', [0x25] = 'Gerhilde', [0x26] = 'Brunhilde',
        [0x27] = 'Odin'}
    local statuses = {[0] = 'Uninitialized', [1] = 'Active', [2] = 'Active', [3] = 'Spent'}
    local rettab = {type='Lamp',
        chamber = chambers[str:unpack('H')] or 'unknown',
        exit_time = str:unpack('I',9),
        entry_time = str:unpack('I',13),
        zone_id = str:unpack('H',17),
        status_id = str:byte(3)%4,
        status = statuses[rettab.status_id], -- <- 1778
        _unknown1 = str:unpack('i',5)
    }

if res.zones[rettab.zone_id] then
        rettab.zone = res.zones[rettab.zone_id].english
    else
        rettab.zone = 'unknown'
    end

return rettab
end

It has been working fine, and gearswap itself seems to still work fine but //gs org fails.

Even with debug_mode on, the log file only says
2015-11-23 12:57:01| Organizer [MSG] Starting...

Thinking that it could somehow be something with my lua, I made a very simple lua to test it and get the same error.
Code
include('organizer-lib')

function get_sets()
	organizer_items={i0="aegis",i1="ochain"}

sets.cast={"aegis"}
end
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-23 13:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have an Einherjar lamp somewhere in your inventories?

The problem is on line 12 of the code you posted. It should be str:byte(3)%4 instead of rettab.status_id
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-11-23 13:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha yes, yes I did, was a dead glowing lamp.

Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lulukitty
Premium
Server: Bahamut
user: Lulukitty
By Bahamut.Lulukitty 2015-11-23 19:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I'm sure this has been asked already and I apologize but I for the life of me can not figure it out.

I had separate job files for spellcast for each character and they were named <character>_<job>. I can't figure out how to get gear swap to load these individual files other than just manually loading them. If anyone could assist I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
By Dunigs 2015-11-23 21:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lulukitty said: »
Okay I'm sure this has been asked already and I apologize but I for the life of me can not figure it out.

I had separate job files for spellcast for each character and they were named <character>_<job>. I can't figure out how to get gear swap to load these individual files other than just manually loading them. If anyone could assist I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

It's the same format. Files belong under /addons/GearSwap/data.
Could use Lulukitty_WHM, or make a subfolder for each character name and just use job abbreviation.
Premium
By Lulukitty 2015-11-23 21:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunigs said: »
Bahamut.Lulukitty said: »

It's the same format. Files belong under /addons/GearSwap/data.
Could use Lulukitty_WHM, or make a subfolder for each character name and just use job abbreviation.

Doing a separate folder allowed them to load. That fixed the issue! Thank you very much!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Carousel
user: Mimaru
By Phoenix.Carousel 2015-11-24 23:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi having some issues with Drain III. For whatever reason my gearswap just seems to ignore the spell. looked around a few forums and saw people having an issue with it awhile back, but no update on how they fixed it or of I am missing something.

Edit: got it working using:
Code
	if spell.name == 'Drain III' then
		equip(sets.midcast.Drain)
	end
end
By orphenPUP 2015-11-25 01:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you to those that sent private messaged for my first post. I was able to figure some code out for my prior post. Im still needing a little more assistance now.

This is in regards to Puppetmaster, I am working with Motes preset PUP file and adjust some things for the way I intend to play.

What I am struggling with now, is Im trying to make a variable to adjust the set that is equipped based on said variable. I have gotten it to work with a different set (my Cure Enmity set), but I cannot seem to expand it.

I want to have a variable I switch to "Resist", so that when my automaton casts Elemental Magic it will use a Magic Accuracy set instead of its MAB Set.

I tried using the same format/rules as my Cure Enmity but it doesnt seem to function.

Elemental Resist
Cure Enmity file

Once again any help would be great.
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 180 181 182