Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Gearswap Support Thread
Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 181 182 183
By Selindrile 2014-09-05 04:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Motenten's lua keeps cancelling my Utsusemi when I get an instacast ichi, I changed Line47 of Mote-Utility.lua from:
Code
elseif spell.english == 'Utsusemi: Ichi' then send_command('@wait 1.7;cancel copy image*')

To:
Code
elseif spell.english == 'Utsusemi: Ichi' then send_command('@wait 1.5;cancel 66;cancel 444')

Thinking that would fix it, but, it still cancels it, but oddly, cancel 66 and 444 not cancelling it from console in game.

I searched all the files in the data folder and couldn't find any other hits for "cancel copy image" etc, and found nothing, not sure what it could be, don't think it could be another plugin, but, maybe?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-09-05 06:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

General notice: Dev branch, with the new mode var usage, is going to be merged to live soon. Please be ready to update your files for jobs based on my libraries.

Note that your job files will still work fine without updating them; they'll use the last library update from the older version. You'll just get the notice when you first load a non-updated file as a reminder.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-09-05 07:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
Motenten's lua keeps cancelling my Utsusemi when I get an instacast ichi, I changed Line47 of Mote-Utility.lua from:
Code
elseif spell.english == 'Utsusemi: Ichi' then send_command('@wait 1.7;cancel copy image*')

To:
Code
elseif spell.english == 'Utsusemi: Ichi' then send_command('@wait 1.5;cancel 66;cancel 444')

Thinking that would fix it, but, it still cancels it, but oddly, cancel 66 and 444 not cancelling it from console in game.

I searched all the files in the data folder and couldn't find any other hits for "cancel copy image" etc, and found nothing, not sure what it could be, don't think it could be another plugin, but, maybe?

That's a good point, and needing to adjust for insta-cast. I think yours doesn't work because of how you've constructed your cancel command. I'm rewriting the utility function to use:
Code
            send_command('@wait 1.7;cancel copy image,copy image (2)')

since you can give it a list of buffs to choose from to cancel in a comma-separated list. This will prevent it from cancelling 3+ shadows.
By Selindrile 2014-09-05 07:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, as always, I'll try that!

Update: I'm a moron, I was editing a copy of that file elsewhere, not the file that's actually used.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
Server: Phoenix
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-05 07:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Turnt off itemizer and shadows no longer an issue. Now I'm using the mnk file on the forums but it's set up for my sets to be manually commanded (//GS c "acc") and so on. How do I turn this off so I can be using the hot keys? Thanks

Edit: sorry. Going about my daily RL and missed the typo on my phone.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-09-05 07:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mudrunner said: »
Turnt of iLife used and shadows no longer an issue. Now I'm using the mnk file on the forums but it's set up for my sets to be manually commanded (//GS c "acc") and so on. How do I turn this off so I can be using the hot keys? Thanks

That's... a whole lot of gibberish that doesn't make much sense. Trying to make a guess...

Something called "iLife" was causing the issue mentioned on the previous page, with infinitely-recasting Utsusemi? Never heard of "iLife" before.

You're using a mnk lua acquired from the forums? Though you don't specify which one; there's a half-dozen floating around, and you don't give us any hint as to which one you're referring to.

Whichever new lua file you're using for mnk uses self-commands for changing which gear it's using, but those commands aren't the ones you're used to (which are some unspecified "hot keys"). And you want the new mnk file to stop using the commands that it's coded to handle, and start using some other random commands, even though it probably doesn't have any clue how to handle them. And the "hot keys" aren't working (could maybe be referring to the default F-keys I define in my libraries? note that those are explicitly undefined when you unload one of my job files so as not to interfere with whatever the next loaded file defines).

If I'm interpreting your statement correctly (which is half guesswork), then what you're asking isn't possible without completely rewriting your new mnk file.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-05 08:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I'm trying to add a line in GS for ***. charge and having a bit of trouble. Is there anything at eyes glance that anyone can see that i'm doing incorrectly?

sets.precast.JA['Assassin's charge'] = {feet="Plunderer's Poulaines +1"}

I appear to be getting a error:

User file problem: C:Program Files (86x)Windower4/addons/GearSwap/data/THF.lua:101: '}' expected near 's'

any idea what im doing wrong?
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-05 08:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Use double quotes on Assassin's Charge like you did with Plunderer's, the apostrophe in the name is closing it early.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-05 08:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Phoenix.Mudrunner said: »
Turnt of iLife used and shadows no longer an issue. Now I'm using the mnk file on the forums but it's set up for my sets to be manually commanded (//GS c "acc") and so on. How do I turn this off so I can be using the hot keys? Thanks

That's... a whole lot of gibberish that doesn't make much sense. Trying to make a guess...

Something called "iLife" was causing the issue mentioned on the previous page, with infinitely-recasting Utsusemi? Never heard of "iLife" before.

You're using a mnk lua acquired from the forums? Though you don't specify which one; there's a half-dozen floating around, and you don't give us any hint as to which one you're referring to.

Whichever new lua file you're using for mnk uses self-commands for changing which gear it's using, but those commands aren't the ones you're used to (which are some unspecified "hot keys"). And you want the new mnk file to stop using the commands that it's coded to handle, and start using some other random commands, even though it probably doesn't have any clue how to handle them. And the "hot keys" aren't working (could maybe be referring to the default F-keys I define in my libraries? note that those are explicitly undefined when you unload one of my job files so as not to interfere with whatever the next loaded file defines).

If I'm interpreting your statement correctly (which is half guesswork), then what you're asking isn't possible without completely rewriting your new mnk file.

Edit previous post as I was on my phone and missed my typo. The file I'm using is from the top page of the gear swap forum and the mnk one by JSH. http://pastebin.com/6ZcDwYXH after looking into the other mnk sets I do see how the writing is different for equipping sets. I guess tonight I'll have to pull one of the other files and work on adjusting those ones. Thank you.
 Odin.Celoria
Server: Odin
user: celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2014-09-05 14:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone help me add rule to not change main/sub when engaged on rdm please?
I don't know how to write it or where to put it, this was a copy paste.

Got it, ty.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-05 14:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So excuse my noobness. Pulled the Kinematics GS for mnk and right away I am getting errors. Says i am getting an error "attempt to call global 'M' (a nil value)

Im unsure how to post my actual Lua file.

I recently, about 3 days ago, updtated my "Includes" and all such trying to fix my shadow problem, so i would think those files would be up to date
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-09-05 15:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, that's because I just updated stuff today to match the expected merge from dev to live, but the merge hasn't happened yet. Looks like I jumped the gun on that a bit.

To get a version that's still valid for current live, go to the repository, click on Mnk.lua, then go down to the July 25 commit and browse at that point (click the <> arrows at the far right of that line).

This is only a temporary thing, though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-05 16:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Use double quotes on Assassin's Charge like you did with Plunderer's, the apostrophe in the name is closing it early.
Thank you good sir that certainly worked since this is my first time making additions to GS should I be adding anything else to this also to ensure that gear is switching? or should that suffice?
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-05 16:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Ah, that's because I just updated stuff today to match the expected merge from dev to live, but the merge hasn't happened yet. Looks like I jumped the gun on that a bit.

To get a version that's still valid for current live, go to the repository, click on Mnk.lua, then go down to the July 25 commit and browse at that point (click the <> arrows at the far right of that line).

This is only a temporary thing, though.

Damn, just changed my Globals and now my PUP gs defense sets aren't working XD. I decide to update and get things working smooth and everything is midupdate itself. Nothing a little "Edit > Undo" cant fix
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-05 19:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so after making the correction the error has gone away but now the equipment peice is not switching in when I use assas. charge anything i should be doing differently?
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-09-05 20:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

@Motenten, I saw you updated the DNC lua files with the Qaaxo gear, which augment path did you use? I've got legs A path R15, was looking at body A path and feet C path.
 Asura.Vafruvant
Server: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-09-05 23:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this has been posted ever, as it's probably a fairly uncommon request, but...

I'm looking to automate Lunge/Swipe and rune replacement.

I figured out a method to reapply them when I lose the buff, and to put another one on when I regain aforementioned buff, but it always re-applies the rune one extra time after putting on the 2nd (as /RUN), though it does stop after that since it's no longer gaining a buff.

Also, it re-applies them if I had them on and zoned.

Perhaps somebody with more knowledge on this could assist. If there's a cleaner way to set up the file, that would be helpful too, thanks!

http://pastebin.com/vVQWKbxZ
By Selindrile 2014-09-06 03:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Will set_combine allow me to combine more than two sets?
If so, is the priority rightmost to leftmost, for example will this work:
Code
sets.precast.example = set_combine(sets.precast.one, sets.precast.tw, {head="Example Head",neck="Example Neck})
By gdiShun 2014-09-06 03:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id=addons:gearswap:documentation:gearswap-specific_functions:start
Quote:
set_combine(set1,set2,…) Combines an arbitrary number of sets and returns the resulting set, giving right-most sets slot priority.
By Selindrile 2014-09-06 03:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd guessed it would, thanks much, and thank you for the link!
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-06 08:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So i have basically tried ever combination I can think of to close this command out and it's still not switching the slot item: sets.precast.JA["Assassin's charge"] = {feet="Plunderer's Poulaines +1"} I can not help bot think that the (') in the actually item and Ja name is what is throwing it off?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-06 09:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
sets.buff["Assassin's charge"] = {feet="Plunderer's Poulaines +1"}

Am i replacing my current w/ this? if so still doesn't appear to work

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-06 09:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
try putting a capital C for charge, this might affect the read input; also, turn off gear filters so you see what is equipping.

in mote's gs the buffs are put all the down at the bottom of your equip sets.
... it was the "c" in Charge... you where right I changed it to upper case and worked perfectly thank you.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-09-06 10:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Liteholt said: »
@Motenten, I saw you updated the DNC lua files with the Qaaxo gear, which augment path did you use? I've got legs A path R15, was looking at body A path and feet C path.

Mine are path A body, path B legs, path B feet.
 Asura.Vafruvant
Server: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-09-07 06:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
I'm not sure if this has been posted ever, as it's probably a fairly uncommon request, but...

I figured out a method to reapply them when I lose the buff, and to put another one on when I regain aforementioned buff, but it always re-applies the rune one extra time after putting on the 2nd (as /RUN), though it does stop after that since it's no longer gaining a buff.

Perhaps somebody with more knowledge on this could assist. If there's a cleaner way to set up the file, that would be helpful too, thanks!

Quoting less to bump and more to amend another question to it.

If you have, say
Code
state.LungeMode:options('RUN','PLD')
could you use something like
Code
state.LungeMode:set(player.main_job)
or is that not possible?
By Zubis 2014-09-07 13:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone encounter this issue with Mot's new SMN set using mote_include_version = 2?

1. Have an avatar out.
2. Reload GearSwap (//lua r gearswap).
3. Cast a cure spell on you.

The avatar idle set doesn't equip after the cure, but the regular idle set does.

You can fix it by manually setting the Idle mode (/console gs c cycle IdleMode).

I do like the new IdleModes though, gonna be using that a lot on PLD.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-09-07 17:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoting less to bump and more to amend another question to it.

If you have, say
Code
could you use something like
Code
or is that not possible?

There's a lot of things wrong.

1) When you replaced Lunge with Swipe, you didn't actually look up the ability recasts, so that comparison is meaningless.
Code
    if spell.english == 'Lunge' then
        if abil_recasts[spell.recast_id] > 0 then

Code
        local abil_recasts = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()

2) When you replaced Lunge with Swipe, you didn't cancel Lunge, nor did you cancel out of any further code in the function.
Code
            send_command('input /jobability 'Swipe' <t>')
        end
    end

Code
            send_command('input /jobability 'Swipe' <t>')
            eventArgs.cancel = true
            return
        end
    end

3) When you equipped gear at the end of the precast function, it was partly unnecessary and redundant.
Code
    if spell.english == 'Lunge' or spell.english == 'Swipe' then
        equip(sets.precast.JA['Lunge'])
    end

You forced a manual equip here, but didn't set eventArgs.handled to true, so the main lib is just going to do exactly the same thing again, with Lunge. Swipe gets the same set here, but really should have been constructed as its own set in the first place.
Code
    sets.precast.JA.Lunge = {stuff}
    sets.precast.JA.Swipe = sets.precast.JA.Lunge

At that point you remove that equip code entirely, as it's unnecessary, and the main lib will handle both Lunge and Swipe properly, the way it's designed to.

4) Redundant code, redundant code, redundant code. If you're writing what is essentially the exact same code over and over, you're doing something wrong.

The entire job_buff_change function could be reduced to:
Code
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    if runes:contains(buff) then
        local delay = gain and 5.1 or 1.1
        send_command('wait ' .. tostring(delay) .. ';input /ja "' .. buff .. '" <me>')
    end
end

Though, as you point out, that has problems with using the same rune even after you hit the rune limit.

5)

Code

That's perfectly valid. I assume this is going to be code that will be included by both jobs, though, or it wouldn't mean much.

However, for its probable purpose (guessing based on your earlier question), it might be simpler to work it this way:
Code
    info.max_runes = {['RUN']=3, ['PLD']=2}

function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    if runes:contains(buff) then
        if not buffactive[buff] or buffactive[buff] < info.max_runes[player.main_job] then
            local delay = gain and 5.1 or 1.1
            send_command('wait ' .. tostring(delay) .. ';input /ja "' .. buff .. '" <me>')
        end
    end
end

6) The above doesn't fix the problem of losing them on zone. I'm also not sure how well it will work with Lunge, since Lunge removes all runes, and if you lose 3 runes, buff_change gets called 3 times. I'm not really interested in getting deep into automating stuff like that, though. Anything further, you'll have to figure out yourself.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-09-07 21:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Anyone encounter this issue with Mot's new SMN set using mote_include_version = 2?

1. Have an avatar out.
2. Reload GearSwap (//lua r gearswap).
3. Cast a cure spell on you.

The avatar idle set doesn't equip after the cure, but the regular idle set does.

You can fix it by manually setting the Idle mode (/console gs c cycle IdleMode).

I do like the new IdleModes though, gonna be using that a lot on PLD.

Sorry, I'm unable to duplicate this, either with a simple reload (//gs r), or a full addon reload (//lua r gearswap).

I should note that you should almost never be using //lua r gearswap unless you're actually editing/debugging the addon, and if you're doing that, I'd expect you to know enough to debug things on your own.

However if you -are- reloading that way, there's a slight chance that when you cast Cure, you've done so before GearSwap has had a chance to update pet information after the initial reload. You should never have that problem with the simple reload (//gs r).
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 181 182 183