First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 180 181 182
 Asura.Vafruvant
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-09-07 23:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
I'm not really interested in getting deep into automating stuff like that, though. Anything further, you'll have to figure out yourself.
I appreciate everything that you pointed out! The only reason I had the
Code
if spell.english == 'Lunge' or spell.english == 'Swipe' then
    equip(sets.precast.JA['Lunge'])
end
part was because it would never equip a Swipe set, constructed the same way. I'll admit, I may have misconstructed it, as this was some time ago. I appreciate all your help, Mote, thanks!
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2014-09-08 03:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops nvm me. Too fast on the submit button.
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2014-09-08 07:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Having issues with Terp equipping for my dummy songs with the new GS Mote updates. I have put my LUA below (think I did this right) and have my macro in-game to read

/console gs c set ExtraSongsMode Dummy
/ma "xxx" <me>
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2014-09-08 09:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm, figured it out.

Line 190 still said DurablaInstrument and not ExtraSongInstrument.
By Zubis 2014-09-08 09:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Zubis said: »
Anyone encounter this issue with Mot's new SMN set using mote_include_version = 2?

1. Have an avatar out.
2. Reload GearSwap (//lua r gearswap).
3. Cast a cure spell on you.

The avatar idle set doesn't equip after the cure, but the regular idle set does.

You can fix it by manually setting the Idle mode (/console gs c cycle IdleMode).

I do like the new IdleModes though, gonna be using that a lot on PLD.

Sorry, I'm unable to duplicate this, either with a simple reload (//gs r), or a full addon reload (//lua r gearswap).

I should note that you should almost never be using //lua r gearswap unless you're actually editing/debugging the addon, and if you're doing that, I'd expect you to know enough to debug things on your own.

However if you -are- reloading that way, there's a slight chance that when you cast Cure, you've done so before GearSwap has had a chance to update pet information after the initial reload. You should never have that problem with the simple reload (//gs r).

Thanks for looking into it. I can confirm I experience the same issue with "//gs r" but if no-one else is experiencing this it might be just some quirk for me.

EDIT: Ok I've had the above issue happen to me in fights randomly sometimes without forcing //gs r. It seems to be an intermittent issue with detecting that a pet is out and not using the pet idle set. Just posting this in case anyone else has a similar issue.

EDIT2: Using a fresh copy of Windower + Gearswap + Mots SMN file and resetting everything, it seems to be working for now.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-09-13 13:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick (well, maybe quick...) question:

Is it possible to have multiple different "gear.default.obi_back" for different spells?

e.g.
Low-tier nukes on SCH (Bookworm's Cape),
High-tier nukes (Toro Cape), and
Cure spells (Tempered Cape +1)
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-09-13 15:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you go about using something like Gavialas Helm on the appropriate days?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-09-13 17:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
How would you go about using something like Gavialas Helm on the appropriate days?

Might be better ways (I think Mote includes may have some resources to make stuff like this easier), but I set up some tables (anywhere in or that will be called by get_sets)
Code
	elements = {}
	elements.equip = {head="Gavialis Helm"}
	elements["Tachi: Shoha"] = S{"Lightning","Dark","Wind"}
	elements["Tachi: Fudo"] = S{"Light","Ice","Water"}
	elements["Tachi: Rana"] = S{"Dark","Earth","Ice"}
	elements["Tachi: Ageha"] = S{"Dark","Earth"}
	elements["Tachi: Kasha"] = S{"Fire","Light","Dark"}
	elements["Tachi: Gekko"] = S{"Water","Ice"}

etc.

then use this rule in WS section (change the body of the conditional to fit however you handle equipping gear)
Code
	if elements[spell.name] and elements[spell.name]:contains(world.day_element) then 		
		localSet = set_combine(localSet,elements.equip)
	end
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-09-14 06:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it all falls under the Lua umbrella anyways.

I'm trying to write a script that equips your weapons back on after strip. To keep things simple, let's say I have a gear set(sets.full_equip) in gearswap that holds my weapons + regular regular tp set and we'll call it full_equip for the rest of this post.

My first attempt would be to use autoexec, upon losebuff, I'd send a command to gearswap and tell it to equip full_equip. That doesn't seem to work. I can do a /p on that event and it works as it should, so I know it's triggering.

My next attempt would be to write an addon that checks if my weapon slot is empty(in prerender), and if it is, equip full_equip. That also fails. I do a print statement and it prints when appropriate, so I know it's going into the if-statement when it should.

In town, I can manually unequip my weapons and the addon I wrote will automatically equip my weapons for me.

Next, I'll disable the addon and manually tell gearswap to equip full_equip, and it does so accordingly.

Everything is lovely so far. I take it for a test run down in Incursion.

Upon being stripped, the print statement that I placed in the if (main weapon slot == empty) statement fires off, and I put it in 'prerender' so I get a new print statement every frame or so. So far as good.

When Encumbrance wears off, my weapons do not get equipped back on. The print statement keeps going off, as it should, so windower realizes I don't have a main weapon on. The interesting part is that, if I were to unequip my head piece(or any other piece), my addon will automatically put it back on for me immediately. This tells me that windower/gearswap is actively equipping full_equip, except for the weapon slot.

Second interesting part. I'm a THF so I have my main and my offhand daggers. After strip wears off, if I were to manually equip my main weapon and then manually unequip my main, my addon will only put my main on. There will be no action on my offhand until I put on my offhand weapon manually.

After strip, upon manually equipping both my main and offhand weapon, the addon will reequip them if I were to manually remove them. If I am stripped again, my weapons won't automatically be equipped after it wears off and we're back to the beginning.

Please advise.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-09-14 07:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I'm trying to write a script that equips your weapons back on after strip.
You should be able to do this:
Code
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
	if 'Encumbrance' then
		if gain then
			add_to_chat(122, '***Encumbered!! Equipment lost!!***')
		else
			if player.status == 'Engaged' then
				equip(meleeSet)
				add_to_chat(122, '***No longer encumbered. Engaged set re-equipped.***')
			elseif player.status == 'Idle' then
				equip(idleSet)
				add_to_chat(122, '***No longer encumbered. Idle set re-equipped.***')
			end
		end
	end
end
That should automatically detect if Encumbrance is getting applied (or falling off), and apply your current engaged set, if you're using Mote's includes to construct your melee set. If you're not using his includes, you can name your own set in the meleeSet spot for the same effect. Let me know if that doesn't work.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-09-14 07:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about Mote-TreasureHunter, I wanted to set it up so that I could first hit TH tag mobs across all my jobs, tried putting in include into job file, and making chaac belt set according to what I had read, but it doesn't work, is there some kind of toggle to put it into that mode?
Also does it detect when you autotarget another mob you are fighting, once the previous is defeated?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-09-14 22:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
I'm trying to write a script that equips your weapons back on after strip.
You should be able to do this:
Code
	if 'Encumbrance' then
		if gain then
		else
				equip(meleeSet)
				equip(idleSet)
			end
		end
	end
end
That should automatically detect if Encumbrance is getting applied (or falling off), and apply your current engaged set, if you're using Mote's includes to construct your melee set. If you're not using his includes, you can name your own set in the meleeSet spot for the same effect. Let me know if that doesn't work.

That should work, but it doesn't work. It doesn't look like it can be done through gearswap.

I can't seem to get the normal macro to work either.

/equip main "Mandau"

...doesn't seem to do anything.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-09-14 23:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not quite sure I understood the entirety of your situation, but that code should work. I have essentially the same thing in my GS. Is there something else that could be conflicting with it? Are you at least seeing the add_to_chat messages, or is the condition not being picked up at all?

Edit: Sorry, missed it but line 3 in his pasted code should be if buff=="Encumbrance"
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-09-15 00:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I stuck a print(1) line in there and it doesn't seem to be printing when I put on any buff or remove one.

It goes in the gearswap file outside of all the other functions, correct?
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-15 01:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It goes in the gearswap file outside of all the other functions, correct?

The suggested code that was posted? Assuming you're using a custom GearSwap and not Mote, you should put it under :

function buff_change(name,gain)

Its called automatically similar to your precast/midcast/aftercast, the trigger being when your buff bar changes.

As Flippant said, you'd need to alter his if statement ever so slightly to say if name == "Encumbrance".
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-09-15 01:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, job_buff_change is what you'd use if you're using one of my files. If you're not, just buff_change.

Quote:
I have a question about Mote-TreasureHunter, I wanted to set it up so that I could first hit TH tag mobs across all my jobs, tried putting in include into job file, and making chaac belt set according to what I had read, but it doesn't work, is there some kind of toggle to put it into that mode?
Also does it detect when you autotarget another mob you are fighting, once the previous is defeated?

Yes, you'll need to toggle the TreasureMode value. The default value is 'None', so if you don't do anything else it will never work.

Add something like:
Code
send_command('bind ^= gs c cycle treasuremode')

(this is from my thf file)

And yes, it detects autotargetting after a mob dies.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-09-15 07:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the revised code, when tested with Protect and Shell, is:
Code
	if buff == 'Encumbrance' then
		if gain then
		else
				equip(meleeSet)
				equip(idleSet)
			end
		end
	end
end
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2014-09-15 07:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Havin' a bit of a problem with abilities using this gearswap thing (Just came back for free week and completely clueless about .lua) http://pastebin.com/NNnEUUTZ
Whenever I use this randomly I'm unable to use Waltz, any clue as to why? :s
By gdiShun 2014-09-15 16:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you under level 90? I seem to remember having a similar problem with it then.

My own question: Is there a way to run a function upon zoning?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2014-09-15 16:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope; I'm Lv.99 :s

Edit: Waltz works until I change gear it seems. Once I change gear my target turns into numbers, and I can't use any waltz below III
 Asura.Velata
user: Viertel
By Asura.Velata 2014-09-15 17:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Having an issue with Fucho-no-Obi. The default kinematics BLU.lua isn't working even though it should be by all accounts, and every other example I've seen uses this.
Code
    sets.latent_refresh = {waist="Fucho-no-Obi"}

-- Modify the default idle set after it was constructed.
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    if player.mpp < 51 then
        set_combine(idleSet, sets.latent_refresh)
    end
    return idleSet
end

It isn't swapping out at all even when completely draining the MP pool dry to test and see if it was a weird % threshold. Kinematics BLU wasn't touched at all and double checked to make sure the set was in the sidecar file.

Idle/PDT/Town all work fine, I just can't get this rule to work.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-09-15 17:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh... attempt to call global "m" a nil value. so still no auto-th tag,lol. What is the proper way to add includes to non-mote jobfiles? and what else would I needs to add to make it function properly...I can't seem to find any definitive answer.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-15 18:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Velata said: »
Having an issue with Fucho-no-Obi. The default kinematics BLU.lua isn't working even though it should be by all accounts, and every other example I've seen uses this.

Not 100% sure how Mote is setup, but wouldn't you need line 8 to read:
Code
idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.latent_refresh)

Since otherwise its just returning the idleSet that you fed to the function since its never being reassigned?
 Asura.Velata
user: Viertel
By Asura.Velata 2014-09-15 18:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Asura.Velata said: »

Not 100% sure how Mote is setup, but wouldn't you need line 8 to read:
Code
idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.latent_refresh)

Since otherwise its just returning the idleSet that you fed to the function since its never being reassigned?

My understanding from it is Mote has it so that it simply tries to attach the obi to whatever mode of Idle you're currently in (Idle, PDT, or Town).

I could be wrong, however.

EDIT: http://pastebin.com/3WFiCRTt Just in case it's useful (the sidecar file)

EDIT2: Your recommendation works wonderfully Inference, thank you very much! I'll leave this here in case Mote wants to take a note of it for his default (in case there was something I'm missing it wasn't working via default).
[+]
 Phoenix.Cliamain
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2014-09-17 02:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So i've been using my burtgang for a few months, manually changing and locking a AM3 set for it. I'd like to see peoples rules and what have ya for when you have AM3 up. Kinda like how a dark knights liborator rules would see that aftermath is active. Only thing is, is that the gear swap i use has its groups set around the shields i use. Any help would be nice.
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-09-17 15:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Good evening,
in Mote's SMN file there is a function for different modes.
Code
function user_setup()
    state.OffenseMode:options('None', 'Normal', 'Acc')
    state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'Resistant')
    state.IdleMode:options('Normal', 'PDT')

gear.perp_staff = {name=""}

end

How can I utilise these modes for equipment sets?

Also in which file are the key binds for these modes?
Thank you
By gdiShun 2014-09-17 15:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

None is none(it won't change your sets). Normal is just your usual 'sets.engaged' and Acc will be 'sets.engaged.Acc'.

The file is Motes-Globals.lua

I don't remember the defaults but they use F9-F12 w/ CTRL and ALT as modifiers.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-09-17 16:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cliamain said: »
So i've been using my burtgang for a few months, manually changing and locking a AM3 set for it. I'd like to see peoples rules and what have ya for when you have AM3 up. Kinda like how a dark knights liborator rules would see that aftermath is active. Only thing is, is that the gear swap i use has its groups set around the shields i use. Any help would be nice.

It's difficult to say without seeing your file, since there's a few different ways to approach this.

Are you using Mote's includes?

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
How can I utilise these modes for equipment sets?

Also in which file are the key binds for these modes?
Thank you
This should help. https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/wiki
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 180 181 182