Forum » Windower » Support » Plugins broken via Version Update
Plugins broken via Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 102 103 104
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 08:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is GS borked like usual after inventory update?
By Nocki 2016-07-05 08:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Is GS borked like usual after inventory update?
Only if you have ward3/4 and try to put things in it. It's fine if you don't use either of those.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 08:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so it's just wait for it to be updated.
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2016-07-05 08:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

for my problem, i placed items in 3/4 but i dont use GS/lua w/e its called.... so its a problem for windower wether u use GS or not.

i logged on POL normally and removed all my gear and now i can log on to my main again via windower... so please- fix w/e is also causing that. im no programmer so i cant help ><
By Capsules 2016-07-05 10:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately certain CS's in game Windower will freeze and crash. For some reason once error out and open POL Vanilla, the only fix for windower is to do a clean re-install of Windows 10. Something happens that creates something somewhere that's not supposed to be there. Noone has identified this problem yet, and this has happened to me. Only solution I've come across is clean install of Win 10. Then re-download windower, re-install FFXI. Its painful, and your only option. I recommend getting a 32GB Flash drive and set Windows to auto back up itself every week incase that ever happens again will save you so much time in future
By Tarvis 2016-07-05 10:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Capsules said: »
Unfortunately certain CS's in game Windower will freeze and crash. For some reason once error out and open POL Vanilla, the only fix for windower is to do a clean re-install of Windows 10. Something happens that creates something somewhere that's not supposed to be there. Noone has identified this problem yet, and this has happened to me. Only solution I've come across is clean install of Win 10. Then re-download windower, re-install FFXI. Its painful, and your only option. I recommend getting a 32GB Flash drive and set Windows to auto back up itself every week incase that ever happens again will save you so much time in future

I've had this happen to me a couple times and a system restore fixes it for me. I even tried overwriting the registry entries and pol/ffxi files from a backup without success, but yeah it seems system restore or wiping and starting over is the only way to fix it.
By Capsules 2016-07-05 10:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note, Windower 4 just updated itself while I was on game then just instantly logged me out to character selection screen, then keeps logging me out as soon as I log back in. So just exited Windower 4 completely and tried getting back on game to fix only to come to error message when booting from character selection to game.
Anyone else having similar issues?

Edit: My Alternate Character is unaffected. I've been able to get onto every mule, but my main. Soon as I log into my main from character Seletion windower Errors out. Tried unloading all plug-ins/addons. Didn't work. Uninstall reinstall windower 4 didn't work. Only think I did was put gear into MW3 and job change to GEO and went from Mog Garden to Western Adoulin when it errored out. I even got on my mule and put stuff in MW3 to see if that was issue, but I can log out exit win4, log back into those np. So i'm lost for Ideaa at this point.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-07-05 14:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody else getting this error if you equip any of the new Meghanada +1 armor?

Code
Lua runtime error: gearswap/equip_processing.lua:258: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Wardrobe 3 or 4 are completely empty.

Strangely, if I unequip the pieces manually, gearswap goes right back to normal...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 14:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Resources haven't been updated yet, it has no idea what you're wearing.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-07-05 14:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Resources haven't been updated yet, it has no idea what you're wearing.

Oh, GS keeps a master list of every piece of gear in the game?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 15:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower keeps a master list of every piece of gear in the game, along with abilities, spells, etc. Otherwise it would have no way to recognize them. Have a look in the "res" folder sometime - it's short for resources. Gearswap uses these lists, as do many other addons and plugins.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-07-05 17:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Windower keeps a master list of every piece of gear in the game, along with abilities, spells, etc. Otherwise it would have no way to recognize them. Have a look in the "res" folder sometime - it's short for resources. Gearswap uses these lists, as do many other addons and plugins.

Oh I see, thanks for taking the time to explain :)
 Shiva.Ahampt
user: Ahampt
By Shiva.Ahampt 2016-07-05 17:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah im crashing at log in if my main after i put gear in 3/4 mog wardrobe i dont use gearswap
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-07-05 17:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ahampt said: »
yeah im crashing at log in if my main after i put gear in 3/4 mog wardrobe i dont use gearswap
Probably another addon is causing it. Unload them all before logging in and see if that resolves issue.
 Shiva.Ahampt
By Shiva.Ahampt 2016-07-05 17:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

well i turned them ll off and it working wonder which one it is
 Shiva.Ahampt
By Shiva.Ahampt 2016-07-05 17:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm crash again when i tryed toi change to a job that had gear in mog wardobe 3/4 lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2016-07-06 01:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So not sure what happened between this afternoon and this evening, but I'll describe what I can.

Applications in question: Gearswap / Organizer

(Note: NOT using wardrobe 3 and 4, not unlocked)

Earlier was able to use organizer like I normally do, (Go to mog house, change job, hit //gs org, and done.) Tried doing this a bit ago after changing jobs and started getting the following error:

01:54:45 > GearSwap: Lua runtime error: C:/Program Files/Windower4//addons/GearSwap/flow.lua:102:
01:54:45 > User Event Error: ...es\Windower4\/addons/GearSwap/libs/organizer-lib.lua:147: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Tried swaping to other lua but the same error persists. Tried doing a full reload of GS and Organizer via shutdown and pulling the files out of the Windower folder and redownloading via Windower Launcher, but error persists.

Guessing it's an update needed for the master files of GS and Organizer but figured ?I'd go ahead and post this as I've seen this issue with WD3 and 4, but not without.
By Verda 2016-07-06 02:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a first sweep to make it so I can at least put items in my warddrobes and gearswap won't complain, but until the windower api itself is updated it doesn't appear any of the equipment processing can work with it as the API calls don't return those bags as something that exists.

Here's what I did it isn't much, just some error handling and redoing what Byrth did for wardrobe 2 for 3 and 4 also and adding those bags to resources:

Gearswap Updates
[+]
By Miang 2016-07-06 05:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue in gearswap isn't the resources for gear so much, it's the bag index. GS listens to the incoming gear information packets and tries to store any changes inside a local table that says which pieces of gear are where. So if you move something into or out of wardrobe 3 or 4, it will try to look at a bag with that index. Unfortunately the resources don't list wardrobe 3 or 4 (index 11 and 12 is what GS is looking for in there). However just putting the wardrobe into the resources isn't enough to fix it. GS also relies on windower to populate it's item database originally (and possibly other places). Beacuse windower's API isn't updated, window will never return results for bag index 11 or 12, so GS never know what's in there and can't handle it. Beyond that there might be some extra packet stuff involved in actually sending equip changes back to the server.

Byrth is away for a couple more weeks so.. we may end up having to wait a couple of weeks for a complete GS fix sadly, although once windower is up to date I'm going to give it a try.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 07:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What do we have to do to get the item resources updated on Windower? Is there a tool they could share with us that lets us update our own because I think people aren't around to do this anymore.

Understand now being able to use MW3/4 due to it being new, but not being able to use new gear because there hasn't been a push from the Windower update server is a bit much.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 07:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower support forums are down, anyone have a link to the github with the resources and other source files? Someone mentioned that it might be updated there but nobodies pushed the update to the Windower clients yet.
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-07-06 08:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They're updated on the windower Github. Have been since before servers were even up. Copy pasta into Windower4/res. This is just the automatically parsed resources though. For the wardrobes, they need to be 'manually' added through the ResourceExtractor tool. I was going to do it but forgot I need another copy of visual studio.
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-07-06 08:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Resources
@Verda I think the api is good to go more or less (for gearswap anyway). Could be wrong though of course.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 08:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep already updated the resources folder. I understand the MW3/4 is going to take more work so not pressed on that, just wanted the ability to use the new items in the game.
By Verda 2016-07-06 08:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lygre said: »
Resources
@Verda I think the api is good to go more or less (for gearswap anyway). Could be wrong though of course.

Cool thanks, the new bags aren't listed in it yet though my files have that. The API still hasn't been updated yet so until these api calls (and maybe some others too) return info about wardrobe 3 and 4 it can't do equip processing:
http://dev.windower.net/doku.php?id=lua:api:functions:ffxi:start#windowerffxiget_bag_info_bag
http://dev.windower.net/doku.php?id=lua:api:functions:ffxi:start#windowerffxiget_items_bag_index

That's all done on windower.exe or perhaps even hook.dll which unless I'm wrong requires Arcon to fix.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2016-07-06 09:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is any one else having a /gw flush issue. mine keeps saying "still downloading items in safe2. (71/80 != 0/80)"
[+]
 Asura.Tafari
user: tafari
By Asura.Tafari 2016-07-06 09:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Is any one else having a /gw flush issue. mine keeps saying "still downloading items in safe2. (71/80 != 0/80)

almost same here except it's (80/80 != 0/80)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-07-06 11:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
That's all done on windower.exe or perhaps even hook.dll which unless I'm wrong requires Arcon to fix.

I believe Byrth said he would be around next week, but he asked if anybody could contact Arcon regarding hook.dll update.

Does anybody have Arcon's contact? Perhaps he isn't even aware of the situation and we could get a fixed windower.exe/hook.dll "soon"!

(*Edit* adding Reference).
By Verda 2016-07-06 12:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/843
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 102 103 104