Plugins broken via Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 102 103 104
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-10 20:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Timers seems to ignore recast/bufflists with whitemode off(haven't tried whitelist), assumed it was a settings reset like what sometimes happens with BlinkMeNot, but checked xml and its still how it was before just not listening.
By Crevox 2014-09-10 21:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm running Windbg waiting for a crash to happen, just playing the game as usual.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-09-11 00:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

was the orderalphebetically setting taken out of timers?
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-09-11 00:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding this here as I can't think of a better place to ask... is there a current status-icon change which brings back differentiation for rolls/songs and other things? I tried looking up some of the old ones that I knew years ago and there are posts marking that updates have since made them crash hazards.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-09-11 00:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/8-xi-view-v216-aug-12th-2014-user-interface/page-16

I don't think it's been updated for the latest update, but I'm using the last version and it's been fine.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-11 02:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Using a fresh copy of Windower plus the plugins below, I get the following error when using Hastega on SMN.

Shortcuts.lua 457: attempt to call field 'funct' (a nil value).
Code
  <autoload>
    <addon>send</addon>
    <addon>battlemod</addon>
    <addon>scoreboard</addon>
    <addon>distance</addon>
    <addon>update</addon>
    <addon>timestamp</addon>
    <addon>TParty</addon>
    <addon>findAll</addon>
    <addon>GearSwap</addon>
    <addon>shortcuts</addon>
    <plugin>DrawDistance</plugin>
    <plugin>Find</plugin>
    <plugin>Timers</plugin>
    <plugin>Itemizer</plugin>
  </autoload>

You should report this on Byrth's issue tracker.

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Timers seems to ignore recast/bufflists with whitemode off(haven't tried whitelist), assumed it was a settings reset like what sometimes happens with BlinkMeNot, but checked xml and its still how it was before just not listening.

Some of the XML settings have changed for Timers. What are your precise settings and what are you expecting it to do, and what does/doesn't it do? Timers has undergone a complete rewrite and we may have missed a few things, but they should be very simple fixes, we just need more info.

Crevox said: »
I'm running Windbg waiting for a crash to happen, just playing the game as usual.

If you're on Windows Vista or higher you can use this method which doesn't require WinDbg (or any work on your part) and produces more reliable dumps (some people have had issues with WinDbg in the past).

Odin.Calipso said: »
was the orderalphebetically setting taken out of timers?

Yes, it now has a "sortType" setting which can take three values: "Creation" (default), "Duration" and "Alphabetical".
[+]
By Crevox 2014-09-11 03:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you're on Windows Vista or higher you can use this method which doesn't require WinDbg (or any work on your part) and produces more reliable dumps (some people have had issues with WinDbg in the past).

I did that and it didn't produce any dumps, Windows 8.0.

After disabling Timers I haven't crashed since (with Windbg running all day), will probably enable it to see if it produces a crash.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-11 03:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, that's strange... was it a regular crash with the "pol.exe has stopped working" popup? Or did it crash straight to desktop without any kind of error message and the FFXI window just disappeared?
By Crevox 2014-09-11 03:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Hm, that's strange... was it a regular crash with the "pol.exe has stopped working" popup? Or did it crash straight to desktop without any kind of error message and the FFXI window just disappeared?

The same one I pasted to you (pol has stopped working). I've had that thing enabled for every crash and none of it produced a dump.

It stated it modified registry correctly.

By Crevox 2014-09-11 08:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Turned on Timers and the game crashed during Salvage. It could be a coincidence, but didn't crash all day with Timers off.

This time it just crashed straight to desktop with Windbg running, no "stopped working" or anything.

This is what popped up.
Code
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll - 
eax=0461b650 ebx=37deff14 ecx=00000000 edx=00000000 esi=37deff14 edi=00000000
eip=77dbdeac esp=37defed4 ebp=37deff38 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00000206
ntdll!NtDelayExecution+0xc:
77dbdeac c20800          ret     8

And, again, no dump files in Windower folder.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-11 15:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, unfortunately neither WinDbg nor the other method up there will catch crash-to-desktop type crashes. For that I'm afraid I'll need to know the circumstances of the crash. Does it happen when Timers run out (i.e. when they start flashing)? That's what some other people reported.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-11 15:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the XML settings have changed for Timers. What are your precise settings and what are you expecting it to do, and what does/doesn't it do? Timers has undergone a complete rewrite and we may have missed a few things, but they should be very simple fixes, we just need more info.

Just trying to filter out songs/other things I don't need or would rather handle through custom timers.
My copy/pasted settings :

I noticed the extra <buffsList> at the bottom and adding to that rather than <bufflist> where everything was already fixed the buff problem(I edited the original <bufflist> some to have commas and such instead of pipes because I thought you may have changed to read like that). I still can't get recasts working and it doesn't look like there's a similar fix.
By Crevox 2014-09-11 19:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, unfortunately neither WinDbg nor the other method up there will catch crash-to-desktop type crashes. For that I'm afraid I'll need to know the circumstances of the crash. Does it happen when Timers run out (i.e. when they start flashing)? That's what some other people reported.

Can't say I've really noticed if that was the case when I crashed. I've crashed twice during Salvage, once during Delve, twice during Skirmish, maybe other times. I wasn't always fighting when it happened, but there was always timers running.

So, yeah, that might be the case. But I can't say for sure.
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-09-11 20:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I come back and find out that not only did my spellcast seemed to have been the reason for crashing, but it's no longer supported. :(

*sigh* And yet, I'm a derp that still can't figure out lua for the life of me.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-12 00:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »

Can't say I've really noticed if that was the case when I crashed. I've crashed twice during Salvage, once during Delve, twice during Skirmish, maybe other times. I wasn't always fighting when it happened, but there was always timers running.

So, yeah, that might be the case. But I can't say for sure.

It's a place to start at least, I'll look into it to try and figure out what's going wrong there.

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
I come back and find out that not only did my spellcast seemed to have been the reason for crashing, but it's no longer supported. :(

*sigh* And yet, I'm a derp that still can't figure out lua for the life of me.

Feel free to use one of the many pre-made files for it until you get a grip of it. Lua is a bit harder to learn but eventually easier to use once you understand it. There's a small Lua introduction here and a full GearSwap tutorial here.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-13 00:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to do anything, the Windower/dumps/ folder will be created once a crash occurs (not a crash to desktop or a plugin crash, just a regular POL crash). If this doesn't work (some people have reported it not working for them), then you'll need to follow the old tutorial here.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-13 06:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast broke this update (pet related rules will not work anymore). Other than that everything should be working fine. Some people report that Timers is crashing them sometimes, but I could not yet reproduce it, I'm still trying to figure out why.

Also, plugin crashes are crashes that do not kill the game, instead it will just unload the plugin and you have to manually reload it. Crash to desktop means you don't get an error message but the FFXI window just disappears. All other crashes (including the "pol.exe has stopp working" one) will be caught and crash dumps will be collected, so you should be fine there.
[+]
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2014-09-13 09:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I am also receiving the "PlayOnline has stopped working," accompanied by a white hue'd screen as some of the other members have stated above. I have turned off all plugins/addons and am still getting randomly crashed, during skirmish, delve, etc. I may have to download the program you all are speaking of above to help the developers identify the issue.
By Crevox 2014-09-13 09:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Some people report that Timers is crashing them sometimes, but I could not yet reproduce it, I'm still trying to figure out why.

Yeah, it's been two days now with Timers off and I haven't crashed once while playing in all kinds of content. I turned it on yesterday at the end of the day for Salvage and crashed halfway through.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-09-14 17:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The plugin version of Infobar is not longer displaying target mobs job, aggressiveness, etc.

Is there something that changed in the xml?

Edit: Just as I post this, I open another windower instance and voila!, infobar updates and works again.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-14 17:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Spellcast broke this update (pet related rules will not work anymore). Other than that everything should be working fine. Some people report that Timers is crashing them sometimes, but I could not yet reproduce it, I'm still trying to figure out why.

Also, plugin crashes are crashes that do not kill the game, instead it will just unload the plugin and you have to manually reload it. Crash to desktop means you don't get an error message but the FFXI window just disappears. All other crashes (including the "pol.exe has stopp working" one) will be caught and crash dumps will be collected, so you should be fine there.
Another thing worth looking into, although I'm pretty sure that spell cast has been unsupported for some time now.

Spellcast is problematic and getting harder and harder to fix. and as it's inferior to gearswap in everyway, there is no logical reason for this to be fixed.

there's alot of guides and dummy copy / paste Lua files out there for gearswap (Motes) so people really need to swap over asap.
By Crevox 2014-09-15 12:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anywhere I can get an old version of timers that doesn't crash?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-09-15 12:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably not, because the old version of Timers caused most reported Windower v4 crashes.
By Crevox 2014-09-15 14:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Probably not, because the old version of Timers caused most reported Windower v4 crashes.

Well, specifically the one before this update that got the "rewrite", unless that old version also doesn't work now since the new update. I'm only getting crashes since the rewrite.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-15 17:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You can try this one, but honestly, I don't even know if it works with the new POL update (I haven't tried). It definitely doesn't have all the new buff duration adjustments in it. Also, it's a lower version than the current file, so you'll have to replace it every time after Windower runs. You can disable it in the Launcher and add "load timers" to your Windower/scripts/init.txt file.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 102 103 104