Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22
By Twiglet 2013-09-21 21:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sophie Tilgung said: »
Click and hold General, then drag.
Yea, I tried this assuming it was the same as on PS3, but it's not working for me.

Edit: Never mind, it didn't occur to me to try double tapping instead of using the mouse buttons... doh!
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-21 23:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Once you hit 50, what does the dungeon progression look like? Apparently it's not Amdapor Keep...

Start relic weapon quest.

Castrum/Praetorium for Philosophy Tomestones to get Relic Weapon items and Darklight Armor with.

Wanderer's Palace for level 55 equipment, and some Philosophy Tomestones.

Ifrit for level 60 weapons.

Amdapors Keep for Mythology Tomestones for Relic equipment and Relic Weapon +1 item, Philosophy Tomestones and level 60 armor. And needed to unlock the current final GC rank.

Garuda for level 70 weapons. And if you get a fast enough group, she's the best Duty for Mythology Tomestones.

Titan for Relic Weapon quest. I really don't understand why people farm him. >_>

Once you've got a relic weapon (+1) and full Darklight Armor, The Binding Coil of Bahamut should become an option. But it's mostly for FC groups that work well together.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was wanting to know.
By Kimble2013 2013-09-22 01:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even bother with Wanderer. Just go right to AK and once you cap your Mythology for the week spam CM.
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-22 01:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
I didn't even bother with Wanderer. Just go right to AK and once you cap your Mythology for the week spam CM.

Same but CM instead of AK as my DRG wasn't up to DPS standards then.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-22 02:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just had bad luck with AK so far, everyone judges you before even casting buffs or anything like that.
By Quiznor 2013-09-22 03:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just had bad luck with AK so far, everyone judges you before even casting buffs or anything like that.

We can do AK today if you need. Im capped on mythology but idk helping out.

Me,you,I'm assuming D and we'll get another LS person. That way there is no rush,pressure,etc and we can explain stuff. Val needed it too actually!
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-22 05:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you guys ever need a good DD for AK let me know still need another 303 for my +1 name is creaucent alazrin.

Edit: lil bit of info Egis scale with the book Ilevel at 50+ this is more noticable with titans HP at 50 he has 5.8k at ilevel 60 he has 6.2k and at ilevel 80 he has 6.5k. I havent looked at the damage but I would assume that goes up as well so all you level 50 smns and schs out there with level 40 books its not just your damage you're gimping its your Egis. Oh and ifrit does more damage than garuda so any fight which nothing big needs stunning use ifrit.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-22 07:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

^this, get your mythology capped then worry about other dungeons for philosophy. This also gives you a guideline for what DL gear to be getting first since you can base it off the slots you don't pick up any AK gear for. AK is easy enough despite what people say that wanderers just isn't worth the time to grind.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2013-09-22 07:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

We can do AK today if you need. Im capped on mythology but idk helping out.

Me,you,I'm assuming D and we'll get another LS person. That way there is no rush,pressure,etc and we can explain stuff. Val needed it too actually!

Yeah I'm down for AK, I can get the GC quest done finally :o
By Quiznor 2013-09-22 07:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
^this, get your mythology capped then worry about other dungeons for philosophy. This also gives you a guideline for what DL gear to be getting first since you can base it off the slots you don't pick up any AK gear for. AK is easy enough despite what people say that wanderers just isn't worth the time to grind.

Only time to grind wanderer's really is if you're a PLD in need of a darklight shield.
Server: Phoenix
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-22 08:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanderer's is worth doing if you are poor, like me. My friend is even worse off, as her relic base weapon (if straight up bought) is 400k for everything >< Mine was 100K.

I've been selling the mats for relic weapons (the bloody things, and pinprick pebbles) at 20-40K a pop, depending on the item.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-09-22 09:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How well does HQ gear with materia fair at 50? I'll be 50 in all crafts in about 10 days (4 nightshifts left, 93 levequests built up, have 18 days off starting Thursday and Im up and above 30 with everything already). I even have the ***where I can attach materia to gear even though its slots are already full.

Im thinking I should be able to hold my ground decently for a bit. Like everything I own is HQ and melded. Everything. Im hoping my grind is a little less, but I havent compared top crafted gear melded with say Darklight or anything yet. Jobs will be BRD and WHM.

Edit: lies. I have tried comparing, but Libra Eorzeas stats are horribly off than what they actually are on pretty much everything.
Server: Excalibur
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-09-22 11:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The stats in my libra are exactly the same as what they are on the gear.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-09-22 11:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »

nupe. Aetherial gear is all wrong. All of it. That just made me wonder if anything else was wrong along the way.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-22 11:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aetherial gear comes with random stats on it so it wouldn't be accurate no.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-09-22 12:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »

nupe. Aetherial gear is all wrong. All of it. That just made me wonder if anything else was wrong along the way.

As Ina pointed out above me Aetherial gear comes with 2-3 random stats so they will never be correct.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-09-22 12:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As Ina pointed out above me Aetherial gear comes with 2-3 random stats so they will never be correct.

oooooh. gotcha. good to know.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-09-22 12:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Either or, how does well crafted/materia gear fair endgame? Or how long would it carry me without having to spam multiple runs for ***?
By Fafnir 2013-09-22 13:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Either or, how does well crafted/materia gear fair endgame? Or how long would it carry me without having to spam multiple runs for ***?

For heavy darksteel vs. darklight:

Costs 9x coke per piece of heavy darksteel, which is 1125 tomes, about 2 runs less of what you'd need to farm for DL. However, when you consider the NQ wouldn't beat DL, and you'd have to supplement HQs with materia+forbidden melds, then the gil-costs alone would make DL an easier alternative.

With the right materia, heavy darksteel will beat out DL though.

Edit: Forgot to mention the DL gloves are only 400 or so tomes but the heavy darksteel still require 9x coke so its by far more time invested if you want a full set. :x
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-22 15:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, as much as I hate to say it... Demon Wall requires good DD's. The longer the bees are alive, the greater your chance of failing is. But most of a DD's damage comes from their weapon. Armor helps, but all you really need is a iLvl55 weapon. Either Wanderer's weapon or crafted Relic Quest weapon will suffice.

Anyone demanding full DL and/or a Garuda/Titan/Relic(+1) weapon is nuts.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-09-22 18:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Longer the bees stay alive? Demon Wall should be dead shortly after they pop.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-22 18:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, as much as I hate to say it... Demon Wall requires good DD's. The longer the bees are alive, the greater your chance of failing is. But most of a DD's damage comes from their weapon. Armor helps, but all you really need is a iLvl55 weapon. Either Wanderer's weapon or crafted Relic Quest weapon will suffice.

Anyone demanding full DL and/or a Garuda/Titan/Relic(+1) weapon is nuts.
I have killed demon wall with 2 bards, both in full AF with basic accessories, one with a lv48 bow and the other with a lv43. What kills you on the demon wall is the slow from the sludge so it's actually more about strafing, other than that he has a pathetic amount of HP and the dragon at the end of the dungeon is actually the harder damage check to pass.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-09-22 19:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As a Black Mage, how often do you end up using Physick to help heal the PLD in dungeons and such? Is the fact that it's even necessary just a sign that you have a bad tank/healer?
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-09-22 21:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
As a Black Mage, how often do you end up using Physick to help heal the PLD in dungeons and such? Is the fact that it's even necessary just a sign that you have a bad tank/healer?

Only time I really use it is if for some reason the healer goes down. It's still pretty bad since at Lv50 you lose all the MND on gear when you get upgrades so it's 300ish HP only.

Most of the time you would be better off just attempting to nuke the target down before you die instead.
By Cajj 2013-09-23 00:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

May be a long shot since I doubt there is anything "spellcast"ish about the FFXIV macro system but. . .is there any line you're able to type to adjust a combo macro to continue the next required WS to complete it for situational purposes?

For example, you are in the middle of moving to avoid an AoE and it gets interrupted due to being out of range? This question is obviously for close range DPS/Tanks since I doubt it applies much to long range DPS.
 Asura.Ryndo
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-23 05:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is PVP in game yet or is that a future update?
Server: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-23 05:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Future. 2.1 Patch I believe
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-23 08:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if the enmity generated by flash scales with anything?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-09-23 09:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is artifact gear just from my level 45 quest?
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-23 09:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Is artifact gear just from my level 45 quest?
4 pieces from the lv45 quest then 5th from the lv50 quest. If you want to count the relic gear you buy that set with mytho tokens.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22