Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22
By Fafnir 2013-09-19 15:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to get rid of the opening movie? Irritating to come back from afk and see that 8min thing rolling.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-19 15:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also in case anyone missed it. When you upgrade from ps3 to ps4 it will lock you out of access from your ps3. Since it is free i guess. So if you want to play on both ps3 and ps4 you will either have to buy it on ps4, or upgrade from ps3 to ps4 and rebuy it on ps3.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-19 15:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fafnir said: »
Is there any way to get rid of the opening movie? Irritating to come back from afk and see that 8min thing rolling.

If I afk in that menu I go into configuration so it doesnt play. But if you are coming back from being afk in the game and the 30 min timer kicked you then idk how to turn it off. I just talk to a npc if im going to afk longer than 30 mins. that way im not kicked. (Pro Tip)
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Linear
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-19 16:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The movie? if you're on PC, the ESC key gets you out of it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-19 16:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sophie Tilgung said: »
The movie? if you're on PC, the ESC key gets you out of it.
'Start' for PS3.
Server: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-20 13:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they break something again? I keep getting "unable to update the Group NA/EU character list"
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-20 13:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it happens, they're probably doing maintenance on the NA/EU login server.

I know Chuuuuu got past it so it might be letting a few people in every few min until they are finished working on it.

Just be patient.
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-20 13:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Yes it happens, they're probably doing maintenance on the NA/EU login server.

I know Chuuuuu got past it so it might be letting a few people in every few min until they are finished working on it.

Just be patient.

Patient!? I have 9 CM runs I need to be doing!

Edit: Finally in!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-21 03:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to predict when FATEs will start?

I know some are player initiated, and some come in groups of 2-3 (like Svara in Dragonhead, beat #1, go to #2, then go to #3), but what about the others? D:
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-09-21 03:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

I know some are player initiated, and some come in groups of 2-3 (like Svara in Dragonhead, beat #1, go to #2, then go to #3), but what about the others? D:
I was curious of this myself as my arc gets all the main quest exp and my gld is getting boned beside fates.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-21 03:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having a similar problem >< Because I have THM and CNJ at 50 from 1.0, I keep picking up story quests that I can't turn in on ACN >_>;

So I have to go hunting FATE's and doing Leves to try and get to the right level, to turn in 2-3 story quests and then hitting the same roadblock. Don't wanna waste them on THM/CNJ and fishing's no longer that worthwhile (at least, I haven't found a use for it, outside mild amusement)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-09-21 03:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

Svara is actually initiated >.>
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-09-21 04:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually prefer XI's fishing with the minigame instead of just tossing in the hook and pulling a fish up every time
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-09-21 10:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the skill speed cap?
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-21 10:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure there is one that is reachable atm... Yoshi at one point mentioned something about getting under 2 seconds on the gcd I think but that would take +500.
By Quiznor 2013-09-21 10:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Quiznor said: »
Asura.Ryndo said: »
Will ps4 have better graphics for ARR than ps3? Cuz ps3 is beautiful but its not at pc max spec level :(

Yeah PS4 is direct X11 capable and the pc is getting the DX11 patch along side the ps4 release or possibly slightly before.

actually just to correct you on this, the ps4 is not necessarily direct x capable (or direct x native i should say rather) it runs Open GL 4.2? i believe.

tldr; they are still making a direct x 11 version for pc and ps4, but the ps4 version won't be running the directx11 coding natively, it will just be ported. and yea i can't wait :Q

Well,yeah people like us know that,but to explain it to the average person,which do you think is easier.....
Server: Ultros
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2013-09-21 12:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any difference between the Halcyon rod and The rod of the luminary? Or any of the luminary items for that matter?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-09-21 14:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

When does Astral Fire III start? Just got Fire III and still not reaching that level. I assume it's level based but can't find it.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-21 15:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you get flare I think which is level 50.
By Quiznor 2013-09-21 16:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So where the hell do I get the cactuar cutting minion? People told me it's vesper bay,no quests remaining there. Then I'm told after vesper bay it's the desert town place,nothing for me there either. It's driving me insane at this point (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-21 19:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
So where the hell do I get the cactuar cutting minion? People told me it's vesper bay,no quests remaining there. Then I'm told after vesper bay it's the desert town place,nothing for me there either. It's driving me insane at this point (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Teleport to Forgotten Spring and head to the SE corner of the desert. Should be a Quest NPC sitting at a campfire.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-21 20:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you hit 50, what does the dungeon progression look like? Apparently it's not Amdapor Keep...
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-21 21:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You only do keep for myth tomes and unless you beat titan hard you cant do coil of bahamut

Or are you asking something else? Im pretty tired sorry! lol
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-21 21:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you hit 50, what does the dungeon progression look like? Apparently it's not Amdapor Keep...

Spam CM for like 52 runs to deck out in Darklight gear (Praetorium) works too. Farm your Ifrit (Garuda, Titan) Weapon. Then farm AK for Myths to upgrade from Darklight to Relic (AF2 Whatever it's called) and work on completing your relic weapon.

AK can be a little bit of a tough dungeon for a fresh 50 DPS.
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-21 21:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Start relic weapon quest.

Castrum/Praetorium for Philosophy Tomestones to get Relic Weapon items and Darklight Armor with.

Wanderer's Palace for level 55 equipment, and some Philosophy Tomestones.

Ifrit for level 60 weapons.

Amdapors Keep for Mythology Tomestones for Relic equipment and Relic Weapon +1 item, Philosophy Tomestones and level 60 armor. And needed to unlock the current final GC rank.

Garuda for level 70 weapons. And if you get a fast enough group, she's the best Duty for Mythology Tomestones.

Titan for Relic Weapon quest. I really don't understand why people farm him. >_>

Once you've got a relic weapon (+1) and full Darklight Armor, The Binding Coil of Bahamut should become an option. But it's mostly for FC groups that work well together.
[+]
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-21 21:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravant Lehnsherr said: »
AK Demon Wall can be a little bit of a tough dungeon huge pain in the *** for a fresh 50 DPS anyone that has ever existed.
Fixed. ._.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-21 21:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sophie Tilgung said: »

Start relic weapon quest.

Castrum/Praetorium for Philosophy Tomestones to get Relic Weapon items and Darklight Armor with.

Wanderer's Palace for level 55 equipment, and some Philosophy Tomestones.

Ifrit for level 60 weapons.

Amdapors Keep for Mythology Tomestones for Relic equipment and Relic Weapon +1 item, Philosophy Tomestones and level 60 armor. And needed to unlock the current final GC rank.

Garuda for level 70 weapons. And if you get a fast enough group, she's the best Duty for Mythology Tomestones.

Titan for Relic Weapon quest. I really don't understand why people farm him. >_>

Once you've got a relic weapon (+1) and full Darklight Armor, The Binding Coil of Bahamut should become an option. But it's mostly for FC groups that work well together.
People enjoy punishing themselves
By Twiglet 2013-09-21 21:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

On the PS3 clicking general and dragging it moves the chat log - how do I do this on PC?
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-21 21:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Click and hold General, then drag.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22