Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-09-17 11:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Akita Alexandros said: »
Is there a way to lower the lag on ps3 for fates? I bearly get to see half the mobs before I can aggro anything.

There are many ways to lower lag. Can you hardwire the PS3 into your modem or router? Would a higher speed modem and/or router help?

These all help on PC. I know little about PS3.

At worst, buy a PC or move to Montreal. Maybe both.
 Bismarck.Tsuchinoko
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tsuchinoko 2013-09-17 12:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Is there a way to lower the lag on ps3 for fates? I bearly get to see half the mobs before I can aggro anything.

There are many ways to lower lag. Can you hardwire the PS3 into your modem or router? Would a higher speed modem and/or router help?

These all help on PC. I know little about PS3.

At worst, buy a PC or move to Montreal. Maybe both.
Ps3 has been connected to the modem for some time. But Quarrymill is still highly populated. I moving again so it'll be a while to afford to buy parts for a better gaming rig.
VIP
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Kalila
By Kalila Violette 2013-09-17 16:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kinda a silly question, but I really want to know more about damage mechanics.

Like.... what is the worth of determination?

I see pieces of armor at level 50 that are 2 DEX lower, but they have 11 DET. Does that "make up for it"? Is 5 DET worth 1 DEX? I want to know what others think that know this stuff. What is the worth of DET to you vs DEX? or ACC vs DEX? Crit vs DEX? How much ACC would it take for you to say "well, I guess I could go with 1 less DEX"? What about Speed Skill? How much would it take for you to ignore 1 DEX?

Talking about Archer / Bard here, sorry.
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Mogue
By Mogue Crescent 2013-09-17 16:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I found when looking up same. Not archer-specific and I'm not sure if these are right so I'd love some confirmation myself:

Quote:
ballpark stat weights based on "STR = 1":

WD 7.75
STR 1
DET 0.23
CRT 0.19

source

Edit: if correct I think it would be reasonable to assume that you could substitute DEX for STR for ranged attacks.
VIP
user: Kalila
By Kalila Violette 2013-09-17 16:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So...

1 DEX = 5 Crit? I think that needs to be adjusted for archer/bard since we can increase our crit rate. I'd probably put 1 DEX = 2 Crit, or 1.5 Crit.

1 DEX = 4 DET, that's close to what I thought it was.

I'm not sure about ACC, but I guess, ACC is a thing you need only when you need it, so it's a situational stat. I guess when you do need it though it's just as valuable as Crit.

Speed Skill... 20 = 0.02 sec? well, that's silly.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2013-09-17 16:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, skill speed seems nigh useless. :/
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-17 16:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I feel bad because I put spell speed +24 in materia on my armor because it was so cheap >.> which is basically like throwing away gil. granted the 6 materia was like 3k. but w/e xD crit+ was like 6k for 1 lvl 2 and determinations was like 4k. and most my armor had capped mnd/vit anyways. did put a bit of piety on it though.
[+]
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-09-17 17:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Display lag from the PS3 doesn't seem to have the variety of options necessary to deal with this currently. It would be nice to get some dynamic display filters like GW2 recently~ish released to deal with these issues. I believe they have one to render silhouettes, very low texture/poly, low texture, normal, and high resolution characters, and the ability to dynamically adjust which characters (and how many) are rendered that way based on proximity. It would be nice if they could do something like that to boost the on screen character count, and/ or prioritize mobs to be drawn before PCs. Actually just that last bit seems like it would solve most things, but certainly for healers they're gonna want to see other characters all the time.

As mentioned, it should help to lower on screen effects (primarily from other people). I'm not perfectly familiar with the full range of graphical adjustments available on PS3 since there are presumably more on PC.

Phoenix.Mogue said: »
Yeah, skill speed seems nigh useless. :/
Small amounts of skill speed do seem useless, but for PGL anyway it's fantastic. I'm not sure how their native skill speed is compared to other classes of the same level, but with the 3 stacks of greased lightning I feel like the global cooldown is only about 1 second. The +21% obviously helps a lot, but I figure the skill speed from level/ gear must be factored in before the +21%. In any case, not sure if classes other than PGL can see the effects of skill speed, but PGL certainly does.

(would really like to know the math behind it though because assuming a base of 100 skill speed I have an additional 187...which should be -.187 seconds but I can see the difference and I don't feel like I should be able to see that. With greased lightning up I would think that works out to -.247 seconds which is still far too small to feel like double the speed. I guess someone with more time than me will work it out properly eventually/ already has.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-17 19:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How do i use FFXIV app exactly? i extracted it but it isnt doing anything D:
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-17 19:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
How do i use FFXIV app exactly? i extracted it but it isnt doing anything D:
What FFXIV App? Libra Eorzea?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-17 19:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Parser loltranslator
Server: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-17 19:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember seeing somewhere that it was ~100 skill speed for like -1 sec or something.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-17 19:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
Parser loltranslator
Ah, sorry. I'm not familiar with Parser programs.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-18 09:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do i go to start the quest to +1 relic?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-18 10:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not actually a quest you click on the furnace near the npc that gives you the relic with the three 300 myth tomestone items and you get the +1 back.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-18 10:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok thanks. I bought the AF2 body monday to help beat titan so i have to wait D:!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-18 10:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw a MNK with AF2 body last night, another with Sphairai +1. Do want!

Relic +1 doesn't glow when put away, it seems.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-18 10:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah im 405/900 for my Veil of Wiyu +1 though im not sure if I want to get the body first but that also means getting the head as well. Though it would be nice having a shiny book.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-18 10:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Yeah im 405/900 for my Veil of Wiyu +1 though im not sure if I want to get the body first but that also means getting the head as well. Though it would be nice having a shiny book.
If you have Darklight or Vanya, I'd just go for Wiyu +1. Though I'm not a SMN, so I'd recommend getting a second opinion, maybe a third.
Server: Phoenix
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-18 12:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So how does the Odin fight work? Actually got to see him just now but we failed.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-18 12:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have af2 body and demo hat i was gonna do af2 hat but i finished relic so book+1 it is what really sucks is i JUST bought body monday lol ; ;
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-18 13:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dalmonn Highwind said: »
So how does the Odin fight work? Actually got to see him just now but we failed.

Not 100% sure but I think around 10 or 20% he starts using his ultimate skill that does 99,999 dmg. you have to zerg him down before he gets it off or everyone dies. best way is to have as many ppl doing the fate join into a 4 man or 8 man group and save their limit breaks until he readies that move. then all unleash your limit breaks and just continue zerging him. if your lucky and have enough dps he will die. xD
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2013-09-18 14:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

posted in tech support but it doesn't appear on ffxivpro forums, eeh heres a quote from the thread

Dawn Charis said: »
Hey there, I often find myself minding my own biz and playing upstairs in my house, buuut through one way or another I end up having to sit downstairs so I figured I'd try to remote desktop in.

Problem is it lags like a mother. I was wondering if anyone out there has gotten it to work without the bad lag. If it's all buffed out on my pc side then my laptop should be able to handle it right?

I figured it could also be remote desktop, my dad works through it alot and recommended TeamViewer but I just wanted to get some second opinions.

thread link

Ended up solving it, software called Splashtop really helps with the lag. I am able to play completely fine now
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-09-18 14:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He uses Zantetsuken the last 5-10ish% or so, need to limit break him to deal enough damage before Zantetsuken charges or you fail.
 Asura.Ryndo
Server: Asura
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-19 01:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Will ps4 have better graphics for ARR than ps3? Cuz ps3 is beautiful but its not at pc max spec level :(
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-19 04:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only assume so... otherwise it wouldn't really be worth doing it.
By Quiznor 2013-09-19 08:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryndo said: »
Will ps4 have better graphics for ARR than ps3? Cuz ps3 is beautiful but its not at pc max spec level :(

Yeah PS4 is direct X11 capable and the pc is getting the DX11 patch along side the ps4 release or possibly slightly before.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-19 10:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway to recover my cracked materia on my double meld gears?
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-19 12:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Anyway to recover my cracked materia on my double meld gears?
Go to the calamity salvager in any of the home cities and you can turn it into whatever type you want. You can not however take it out of the gear if that is what you were wanting to do.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-09-19 15:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Asura.Ryndo said: »

Yeah PS4 is direct X11 capable and the pc is getting the DX11 patch along side the ps4 release or possibly slightly before.

actually just to correct you on this, the ps4 is not necessarily direct x capable (or direct x native i should say rather) it runs Open GL 4.2? i believe.

tldr; they are still making a direct x 11 version for pc and ps4, but the ps4 version won't be running the directx11 coding natively, it will just be ported. and yea i can't wait :Q
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22