Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 11:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Asura.Lolserj said: »
It's not worse than aspirin when it comes to pain relief...

YES IT IS!

What the *** is wrong with you!?

It is the most powerful pain reliever currently available without a prescription

So only read the bad section on aspirin, ignore everything else on the page?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-17 11:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I don't think people even use aspirin here, everyone just buys ibuprofen these days (I guess because they had awesome commercials way back)

No dude it's because every doctor in the known universe recommends ibuprofen over aspirin.

It's safer, it's more effective, holy ***what have I been yelling about for a hundred pages?!

Aspirin is just plain dumb, unless you want an ulcer.... and aspirin powder is even dumber.... and everyone but Lolserj knows it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-17 11:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YES IT IS!

It is the most powerful pain reliever currently available without a prescription

but can cause even more gastrointestinal irritation than aspirin. As a result, it needs to be taken in fewer doses, and with lots of water.

/RUBS TEMPLES
You have to read and understand the whole thing
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-05-17 11:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Related
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 11:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think people even use aspirin here, everyone just buys ibuprofen these days (I guess because they had awesome commercials way back)

No dude it's because every doctor in the known universe recommends ibuprofen over aspirin.

It's safer, it's more effective, holy ***what have I been yelling about for a hundred pages?!

Aspirin is just plain dumb, unless you want an ulcer.... and aspirin powder is even dumber.... and everyone but Lolserj knows it.

As long as you don't take a handful of aspirin every morning you should be fine.

But many who take aspirin, even on a regular basis, do not have stomach irritation. I suppose this explains why I've never had these issues.

All NSAIDs come with risks, Ibuprofen can cause kidney damage and that is mentioned in what you linked, so should I avoid taking it too?

And if you want to *** about something I do it should probably be my ocassional use of Acetaminophen, not aspirin.

Or my ocassional use of water, since there is the risk of drowning I take there.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 11:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

YES IT IS!

but can cause even more gastrointestinal irritation than aspirin. As a result, it needs to be taken in fewer doses, and with lots of water.

/RUBS TEMPLES
You have to read and understand the whole thing

I didn't say it was safer, I said it was not worse than aspirin when it came to pain relief.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-05-17 11:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It was shown a lot on TV though, I think that had more to do with people buying it (since anyone can just go buy it) rather than buying aspirin. I'm sure doctors would recommend it too but if you have a headache or something you'll remember that ibuprofen works for that and go buy some, rather than buying aspirin that you don't really know about

They had ads for Ipren (what it's called here) alllllllll the time for years here, everyone knew the commercials because they'd change and kinda follow a story a bit. Most people here probably only know what aspirin is because of US movies and tv shows
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 11:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That and another benefit of naproxen is that it typically lasts longer, so you can take it less often.

I personally stick with BC Powder, Excedrin, or Ibuprofen for my NSAIDs though
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-17 11:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose this explains why I've never had these issues.

The issues with the blood coming out of your *** that you were only joking about?

it should probably be my occasional use of Acetaminophen, not aspirin.

Take whatever you want. I don't give a ***.

But don't recommend stupid ***to other people.

You're talking out of your ***. That's what I have been calling you out on. Your advice is bad. In general and more specifically here to the audience present.

If you want to wreck your own stomach, that's fine. But shut the hell up about it.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-05-17 11:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

All this talk is making me want to take asprin for the hope of getting an ulcer.

It's like hearing nails rake across a chalkboard... in text form...

PARKER! Get me my desk, I must bash my own brains in!
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 11:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose this explains why I've never had these issues.

The issues with the blood coming out of your *** that you were only joking about?

it should probably be my occasional use of Acetaminophen, not aspirin.

Take whatever you want. I don't give a ***.

But don't recommend stupid ***to other people.

You're talking out of your ***. That's what I have been calling you out on. Your advice is bad. In general and more specifically here to the audience present.

If you want to wreck your own stomach, that's fine. But shut the hell up about it.

1. It was a bad joke, but I was not bleeding out of my ***

2. It's not bad advice to recommend aspirin, each NSAID, or pain reliever in general, has risks and benefits
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-17 11:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure doctors would recommend it too

Only because of all of the available options, in almost every conceivable scenario, it's the best and safest option.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2017-05-17 11:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

/lights the damp-towel signal

Ramy! They're making a Witcher series for Netflix, and that seems so far in your wheelhouse that I can't imagine you haven't heard about it

I expect it to be mediocre but I'm excited anyway

Okay, back to Pill Talkâ„¢ with Dr. Nik and Mr. Homeopathy
[+]
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-05-17 11:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dajo got a really bad case of gastritis from taking Excedrin that has aspirin in it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-17 11:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not bad advice to recommend aspirin

YES. IT. IS.

omg... you are a *** idiot....

Ibuprofen is better, safer, longer lasting, more effective, AND recommended by every doctor on the planet OVER ASPIRIN.

but you don't think it's bad advice.....

/clucks tongue

goddamn dude how are you that dumb and still alive?
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 11:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure doctors would recommend it too

Only because of all of the available options, in almost every conceivable scenario, it's the best and safest option.

Naproxen is better in terms of pain relief, and duration

Aspirin or Naproxen are better if you have issues with your kidneys

Ibuprofen is probably best if you're really worried about that stomach ulcer

Acetaminophen can be taken at the same time as the other 3, so I guess that it doesn't really matter, but you shouldn't take too much or you can fry your liver
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-05-17 11:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
/lights the damp-towel signal

Ramy! They're making a Witcher series for Netflix, and that seems so far in your wheelhouse that I can't imagine you haven't heard about it

I expect it to be mediocre but I'm excited anyway

Okay, back to Pill Talkâ„¢ with Dr. Nik and Mr. Homeopathy
Best commercial interlude.

Though now I feel like this is an episode of Dr Phil... or that other one... scarecrows? witches? Dr Oz? I don't know.

Either way this can't end well.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 12:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Chu Chu said: »
Dajo got a really bad case of gastritis from taking Excedrin that has aspirin in it.

It can happen, that's a risk to all 3.

Idiot Boy said: »
Mr. Homeopathy

I don't know if that's an appropriate title xD

It's not bad advice to recommend aspirin

YES. IT. IS.

omg... you are a *** idiot....

Ibuprofen is better, safer, longer lasting, more effective, AND recommended by every doctor on the planet OVER ASPIRIN.

but you don't think it's bad advice.....

/clucks tongue

goddamn dude how are you that dumb and still alive?

I think you're taking this "safer" thing a little bit too seruously, but I do get the concerns.

You're not going to die if you take an appropriate amount of aspirin for a headache and you're not even that likely to end up with a form of stomach bleeding

Again, each has positives and negatives, something you seem to be ignoring.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-17 12:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. And that's exactly why I don't recommend it to people Chu.

Because I'm not an idiot.... And when someone asks me what the best anything is I don't tell them to go with the second or third best thing.

I just stick with what doctors recommend to people. They didn't just get those coats at a store... they had to go to school a really long time.
[+]
By Chu Chu 2017-05-17 12:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

He takes ibuprofen almost everyday for his bad headaches. Never had a problem :3
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 12:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

He takes ibuprofen almost everyday for his bad headaches. Never had a problem :3

And? I do know there is less risk in stomach bleeding from Ibuprofen, I also know that I've never had stomach issues due to my taking of aspirin.

I take Ibuprofen sometimes too, but my aspirin product works faster, so sometimes I take that.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-05-17 12:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait wait...

...which one is it, aspirin or ibuprofen, that is the suppository? I don't like that one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-05-17 12:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

After reading yesterday's posts and today's

[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-05-17 12:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Wait wait wait...

...which one is it, aspirin or ibuprofen, that is the suppository? I don't like that one.
Anything can be a suppository if you try hard enough.

But at this point I think I'm more willing to just tell people: "They're both gonna kill ya. Take whatever."
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 12:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Asura.Dameshi said: »
Wait wait wait...

Anything can be a suppository if you try hard enough.

But at this point I think I'm more willing to just tell people: "They're both gonna kill ya. Take whatever."

My point hasn't even been "take aspirin", my point is that you can take any of them. It does not *** matter.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-17 12:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're taking this "safer" thing a little bit too seruously, but I do get the concerns.

You're not going to die if you take an appropriate amount of aspirin for a headache and you're not even that likely to end up with a form of stomach bleeding

I don't think you get it at all.... You have to take everything into account BEFORE you give advice. Not after.

/deep sigh

Ok... so one medicine, ibuprofen, is recommend by all of the doctors over all the other medicines, including aspirin.

And this is for all the reasons we have been over for I don't even know how long now...

So if you went to and asked a doctor what he or she would recommend for a headache, they would unanimously agree to ibuprofen because it is safer, better, more effective, longer lasting, causes less stomach irritation...etc etc etc

Now you have all this information, and someone says what do you recommend for a headache?

why in god's name would you buck doctor recommended scientific fact and instead suggest something else?
[+]
By Chu Chu 2017-05-17 12:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-17 12:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Aspirin is bad and I feel bad for recommending it to other people and I'll never do it again

Well you should feel bad.... I'm glad that's settled.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 12:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you get it at all.... You have to take everything into account BEFORE you give advice. Not after.

/deep sigh

Ok... so one medicine, ibuprofen, is recommend by all of the doctors over all the other medicines, including aspirin.

And this is for all the reasons we have been over for I don't even know how long now...

So if you went to and asked a doctor what he or she would recommend for a headache, they would unanimously agree to ibuprofen because it is safer, better, more effective, longer lasting, causes less stomach irritation...etc etc etc

Now you have all this information, and someone says what do you recommend for a headache?

why in god's name would you buck doctor recommended scientific fact and instead suggest something else?

I guess to be fair I would say... Take whatever one you want. I like all of the NSAIDs, and acetaminophen.

I think people should be safe about what medicine they use and that they should understand the risks and benefits to each.

For me BC Powder, powdered aspirin and caffeine, usually works faster than Ibuprofen, but if I didn't care about fast relief I would take the Ibuprofen over BC Powder, and 9 times out of 10 I would probably take Ibuprofen over regular old aspirin pills.

But then there is acetaminophen, which I'll ocassionally take in addition to one of the other 2 if they don't happen to be enough for my headache.

And then excedrin, which has Aspirin, Acetaminophen, and caffeine. That I only take first if I know that is all that will help, and sometimes I can tell.

I'm not advocating for one over another, I just know that Aspirin doe work, as do all of the other pain relievers mentioned.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-17 12:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Aspirin is bad and I feel bad for recommending it to other people and I'll never do it again

I don't understand the point Lolserj is trying to make and it makes me so mad I sometimes poo myself a little bit, but more than your typical shart.

Well, you went into detail.
First Page 2 3 ... 18359 18360 18361 ... 18549 18550 18551