FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 17544 17545 17546 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-03 13:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I already mention the overly eager Teavana guy who cornered us in a mall already? Dude really LOVES tea! Apparently, zie beau and I are "fancy", too. That poor, misguided *** doesn't even know.

Go to Tevana, ladies and gents! Really, go!

/smirks
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 13:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Teavana guy in a mall...?

I didn't know they were more than a website. @.@
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-03 13:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeppers! Teavanas: Coming to a mall near you!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 13:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Yeppers! Tevanas: Coming to a mall near you!

Nothing is coming to malls near me. I've got a two-story mall nearby that can't keep tenants as it is because their rent is outrageous. No one wants to put specialty stores in a semi-rural mall these days. Just more Hot Topics, more Hallmark stores, more tweenage girl clothing stores.

Edit: Hell, the music stores don't even carry music worth buying. What's the point in selling music on CD that I can buy online, digitally, for cheaper? Learn your uses, ***. Carry the artists that don't sell digitally that I actually want to find in a music store!
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-08-03 13:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Good evening,
did I miss anything last week?
[+]
By volkom 2015-08-03 13:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-03 14:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Nothing is coming to malls near me. I've got a two-story mall nearby that can't keep tenants as it is because their rent is outrageous. No one wants to put specialty stores in a semi-rural mall these days. Just more Hot Topics, more Hallmark stores, more tweenage girl clothing stores.

Edit: Hell, the music stores don't even carry music worth buying. What's the point in selling music on CD that I can buy online, digitally, for cheaper? Learn your uses, ***. Carry the artists that don't sell digitally that I actually want to find in a music store!

That's the plight of brick and mortar stores these days. Internet stores can operate without a sales floor and pass the savings on, not to mention the convenience of at home delivery. I still prefer to patronize small, local businesses whenever I can, but it's getting harder and harder to find ones who can even reasonably compete in price and selection.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 14:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm quite aware. Which is why I was surprised when Zah said there was a physical Teavana store at all. I didn't think they worked that way.

Though it still doesn't explain why a brick-and-mortar store that sticks around wouldn't try to diversify into stock that isn't nearly as readily available online. I mean, take my example. There are some fairly well-known/influential musicians and groups that refuse digital distribution: Tool, King Crimson, Garth Brooks*, to name a few.

It's just, if you're in the music sales business, this is commonly-held knowledge. Why not capitalize on it?

*I believe Garth Brooks is gearing up to release all his material personally in a digital fashion so as to make it readily available to customers so that neither he nor distributors can be gouged by bloated fees. So good on him, in this instance.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-03 14:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not missing anything, unless you like being wrangled into a conversation about the significance of dragonflies, fish, etc imagery on tiny, cast iron tea pots. There's even a handy-dandy pamphlet for your convenience!

EDIT: My guess is that it will be a flash in the pan.

Odin.Jassik said: »
That's the plight of brick and mortar stores these days. Internet stores can operate without a sales floor and pass the savings on, not to mention the convenience of at home delivery. I still prefer to patronize small, local businesses whenever I can, but it's getting harder and harder to find ones who can even reasonably compete in price and selection.

I still enjoy piddling around the brick and mortars more than online shopping, especially when walking off a meal and/or on a nice day.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 14:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike digital media in many ways. I like physical objects I can touch. Album pull-outs I can peruse while listening to the music. Physically possessing hard copies of books and flipping through magazines.

But I acknowledge that's largely nostalgia.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-03 14:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I still enjoy piddling around the brick and mortars more than online shopping, especially when walking off a meal and/or on a nice day.

I'm exactly the opposite. I avoid crowded stores with every fiber of my being if at all possible. I don't mind the idea of shopping as much as I can't stand process of sitting in traffic behind someone putting on makeup, trying to find parking in the sea of massive SUV's that always seem to take up 3 spots each, wading through crowded aisles of inconsiderate people who park their carts as well as they do their SUV's, then standing in line at checkout while someone heckles the cashier about prices or return policies then decides to get the store card on the spot for the 10% discount and has to fill out the application form right then and there... If I could shop in a vacuum, I'd love it.

Though it still doesn't explain why a brick-and-mortar store that sticks around wouldn't try to diversify into stock that isn't nearly as readily available online. I mean, take my example. There are some fairly well-known/influential musicians and groups that refuse digital distribution: Tool, King Crimson, Garth Brooks*, to name a few.

The smart ones have. I love the ability to check stock at a store and actually purchase items online then go pick it up at the store. Bestbuy gets most of my electronics purchases for that reason alone. I like the convenience of the online store combined with having a physical location to touch things before I buy and a place to return things to where they don't just give me a generic email response or a computerized phone system labyrinth.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 14:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The smart ones have. I love the ability to check stock at a store and actually purchase items online then go pick it up at the store.

I HATE that. I think it's so dumb personally.

If I'm going to pay you for it online, wait 2-14 days for it, you'd damn well better not make me do the work to go and pick it up, too. That's why I hate when UPS/FedEx *** their small packages out to USPS, because USPS won't leave a damn thing at your door that doesn't fit in your mailbox. I work business hours. How the hell am I supposed to pick something up at the post office without waiting until Saturday. And then go during their limited Saturday hours!?

That could have to do with working at Walmart when they rolled out their stupid site-to-store ***, though.

It makes a little more sense with BestBuy if they also have the best price on something, but they rarely do.

I avoid crowded stores with every fiber of my being if at all possible

I don't shop during peak shopping times, period.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-03 14:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike digital media in many ways. I like physical objects I can touch. Album pull-outs I can peruse while listening to the music. Physically possessing hard copies of books and flipping through magazines.

But I acknowledge that's largely nostalgia.

I think it might be a case of nostalgia, but there are upsides to the tangible aspects, especially if it's something that you need right now (not in the impulsive sense). I hate having to send items back when they do not meet expectations.

I'm exactly the opposite. I avoid crowded stores with every fiber of my being if at all possible. I don't mind the idea of shopping as much as I can't stand process of sitting in traffic behind someone putting on makeup, trying to find parking in the sea of massive SUV's that always seem to take up 3 spots each, wading through crowded aisles of inconsiderate people who park their carts as well as they do their SUV's, then standing in line at checkout while someone heckles the cashier about prices or return policies then decides to get the store card on the spot for the 10% discount and has to fill out the application form right then and there... If I could shop in a vacuum, I'd love it.

I can understand that. It's definitely more efficient to utilize both types of shopping now in most instances.
[+]
By volkom 2015-08-03 14:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to be visiting a friend in a few weeks. any ideas on a gift for them Z?

I'm thinking fredericksberg peach something...like jam
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-03 14:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they from out-of-state/area? Were you looking for something kitschy and local?
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 14:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand that. It's definitely more efficient to utilize both types of shopping now in most instances.

I think it's best when you can play them off of each other without being a jerk about it to salespeople who can't do a thing about changing policies.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-03 14:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's best when you can play them off of each other without being a jerk about it to salespeople who can't do a thing about changing policies.

Sometimes, I want to smack people who get irate with sales staff. Just because "the customer is always right" doesn't mean you get free reign to be a *** because you know the sales person has to take it or else...

I swear people will just unload on sales staff over minutia because they can get away with it.

EDIT: Everyone should work retail and/or as a server once in their lives.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 14:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, also, art and crafted items. Very much prefer to buy in person.

Which is irritating, because it's one of the hardest things to find in person without conventions/festivals.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 14:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear people will just unload on sales staff over minutia because they can get away with it.

This woman. If you've ever worked service industry, you've dealt with this woman. You've dealt with her 15 times a day. More during the holidays.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-03 15:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, also, art and crafted items. Very much prefer to buy in person.

Which is irritating, because it's one of the hardest things to find in person without conventions/festivals.

Usually, most art/small time food vendors and what not have their web info. Here, at least.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-03 15:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm going to pay you for it online, wait 2-14 days for it, you'd damn well better not make me do the work to go and pick it up, too

No, no, no... I dislike direct to store shipping, too. I'm talking about being able to buy an item that is in stock for the online price, often less than the in store price, and go pick it up that day. You can always have things shipped to your house. Most of those stores also have 3rd party items listed, like bestbuy's marketplace items, which they will price match if they also have it. I got my mechanical keyboard, which I found for 59 bucks as a marketplace item, got the store to price match their own website, then the 10% website discount, and picked it up in store 10 minutes later. If I'd gone to the store, I would have paid 69 bucks but got it that day, if i'd bought it online, I would have paid 59 bucks but waited a week. I was able to get it that day for 53 bucks.

Edit: I made the purchase on my phone while standing in front of the display, then carried the box to the store pickup, lol.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-08-03 15:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the intricacies of shopping eh?

/chloroformrag
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-08-03 15:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

/burp
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-03 15:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

/chloroformrag

Thou shalt not sully the institution of consumerism, blasphemer!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-03 15:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Use Facebook.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-03 15:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss 'Parks and Rec'.

Siren.Mosin said: »

/chloroformrag

YouTube Video Placeholder

EDIT: Damn, I like the name Molly. Someone should bring that back.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-03 15:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Good evening,
did I miss anything last week?
Everything, yet nothing. Just like me.

I've been really busy lately and have only briefly checked in here, lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17544 17545 17546 ... 18549 18550 18551