Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-05-05 15:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Denmark-fourth-best-place-to-be-a-mother

Quote:
Denmark scored highly because of its maternal death rates, though those rates are higher in Denmark than the other Nordic countries. While Danish women have a 1 in 12,000 lifetime chance of dying in pregnancy or childbirth, the odds were even longer in Sweden, Norway and Finland. In Iceland, 1 in 11,500 women is at risk of dying during childbirth or pregnancy.

By contrast American women have a one in 1,800 risk of maternal death, the worst level of risk of any developed country in the world.
Save the Children also looked at infant mortality rates in the world's 24 wealthiest capitals and noted that while Copenhagen had fewer than three deaths per 1,000, that number was below two in both Oslo and Stockholm. Washington DC had the highest rate at 7.9.
Looking at the indicators it seems more like a list of best places to get a child, not to be a mother though. Out of the 5 indicators 2 deal with the pure survival rate, 2 are designed for devoloping countries (education time and political access for women) and just 1 for the phase after having the child (Economic status — Gross national income per capita) and that doesn't seem to be tied to mothers.
A list of places with the best assistance (reintegration into work life, waiting time for Kindergardens ect.) for mothers would be way more relevant for us.
I doubt Germany would keep its rank 8 in such a list.
Denmark might stay somewhere around rank 4. What does Kara mostly complain about?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-05 16:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah Kara what are you complaining about?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2015-05-05 16:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurray for cleaning!

and by 'Cleaning' I mean shovingshitintoaclosetbecauseidontfeelikemessingwithitrightnow.

:D
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-05 16:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If you'd have picked the garbage can you'd have been on to something.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-05-05 16:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
yeah Kara what are you complaining about?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-05 16:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-05 16:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-05 16:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been singing this around the house:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-05 16:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, itty bitty diddy committee
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-05 16:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you seen 'Last Man On Earth' yet?

God! I love 'Bob's Burgers'!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-05 16:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
'Last Man On Earth'
Stopped watching as it was just painful...
[+]
By volkom 2015-05-05 16:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you seen 'Last Man On Earth' yet?

God! I love 'Bob's Burgers'!
>_>
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-05 16:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with flav on that one. they threw the premise right out the window on the first episode. the only redeemable quality is when the chick from bob's burgers called him a skunk, that made me laugh. the rest has been pretty damn silly.

I think I did watch it sunday though. by god, I watch some *** TV sometimes. I still watch 'the following' mainly because it's so terrible. just bad.

I really should figure out another hobby or something.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-05 16:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's picked up. I didn't like the first episode either.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-05 16:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's picked up.

I'll be damned, I didn't think it'd survive.

GoT has been slow & uninspiring too.

actual spoiler:
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-05 17:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm with flav on that one. they threw the premise right out the window on the first episode. the only redeemable quality is when the chick from bob's burgers called him a skunk, that made me laugh. the rest has been pretty damn silly.

I think I did watch it sunday though. by god, I watch some *** TV sometimes. I still watch 'the following' mainly because it's so terrible. just bad.

I really should figure out another hobby or something.

I watched the season premier of 'Penny Dreadful'. It reminded me of why I stopped watching that mid-way through the first season.

I think our 'Dateline' addiction tops it all as far as bad TV. Something about Lester Holt's narration. That's what got me in on it. I used to make fun of the beau for watching 'Dateline'.

"Ugh! You're such a crodgity old man! Who watches 'Dateline'?!? Blech!"

/poofs
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-05 17:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

have a good night.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-05-05 17:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

dasbvz xzgrdf sgafvadssvchsgdgdsgdsfgdsfgdssdgdsdhdthg

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-05-05 18:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

so:
midway trough last month we got a project in (making signs).
apparently big money and ***etc etc.

something we had done previously (kinda) for a customer we have done a lot of crap for, in fat, we have 3 other locations for them, each location with it's own gimmick on the sign.

This project, requires the same treatment we gave to a project a month beforehand, except it needs one more layers of letters, on top of the usual letters.
doesn't sound too complicated...

well, my boss has been flipping his ***about this project since it came in. I have asked him since it came in and usually get responses like "i don't know" "I haven't given this job much thought yet" "paperwork is sketchy, need details", so I have been postponing this job on my end, and not releasing it to production.

Manager (boss, 1-up from other boss) comes in yesterday, asking me why I haven't put that job out, I explained the situation, and he called it BS, and asked me to go ahead and release it.
today rolls in, late in the day, Manager asked me again about the job, telling me he is getting treasure (yelling/screaming) from the sales person.
I release the job for production, and lowly boss asks me why am I releasing it. I explain. He tells me it's ok, even tho he has not been told how to build his part, and will make me accountable for any mistakes and fixing production for it to make it work.

WHAT DA ***
CAN'T ALL THESE ***, DESIGN, PLASTIC MANAGER, SHOP MANAGER, SALES PERSON, PRODUCTION MANAGER, HOLD A *** MEETING TO GO OVER A JOB, AND FIX ALL THESE STUPID *** MISTAKES, BEFORE THEY ARE SENT OUT FOR *** PRODUCTION?

"oh but I asked on the weekly meeting about this job and didnt get a reply"

AND DAFUQ YOU LET THE ISSUE DROP? DO THESE WEEKLY MEETINGS SERVE A PURPOSE, ASIDES MAKING YOU LOOK GOOD, KISS *** AND SAYING HOW YOUR DEPARTMENT IS BETTER THAN THE NEXT GUY'S?

/internal screaming intensifies.
/rant
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-05-06 08:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
so:
midway trough last month we got a project in (making signs).
apparently big money and ***etc etc.

something we had done previously (kinda) for a customer we have done a lot of crap for, in fat, we have 3 other locations for them, each location with it's own gimmick on the sign.

This project, requires the same treatment we gave to a project a month beforehand, except it needs one more layers of letters, on top of the usual letters.
doesn't sound too complicated...

well, my boss has been flipping his ***about this project since it came in. I have asked him since it came in and usually get responses like "i don't know" "I haven't given this job much thought yet" "paperwork is sketchy, need details", so I have been postponing this job on my end, and not releasing it to production.

Manager (boss, 1-up from other boss) comes in yesterday, asking me why I haven't put that job out, I explained the situation, and he called it BS, and asked me to go ahead and release it.
today rolls in, late in the day, Manager asked me again about the job, telling me he is getting treasure (yelling/screaming) from the sales person.
I release the job for production, and lowly boss asks me why am I releasing it. I explain. He tells me it's ok, even tho he has not been told how to build his part, and will make me accountable for any mistakes and fixing production for it to make it work.

WHAT DA ***
CAN'T ALL THESE ***, DESIGN, PLASTIC MANAGER, SHOP MANAGER, SALES PERSON, PRODUCTION MANAGER, HOLD A *** MEETING TO GO OVER A JOB, AND FIX ALL THESE STUPID *** MISTAKES, BEFORE THEY ARE SENT OUT FOR *** PRODUCTION?

AND DAFUQ YOU LET THE ISSUE DROP? DO THESE WEEKLY MEETINGS SERVE A PURPOSE, ASIDES MAKING YOU LOOK GOOD, KISS *** AND SAYING HOW YOUR DEPARTMENT IS BETTER THAN THE NEXT GUY'S?

/internal screaming intensifies.
/rant
/comfort
You seem to work with some... hmm how can I put this kid friendly but still get my point across... I'll call them "feeders". Have you considered glitter bombing the entire office?

Unrelated: I slightly regret my decisions from last night.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-06 08:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's picked up. I didn't like the first episode either.
I watched up until one episode after they introduced the fourth person... It was really just cringeworthy and sad.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-06 09:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so:work sucks and most people are kicks./rant

I like the stories where you push the kids down and steal their toys much better...

/sips coffee
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-06 09:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a serial issue in middle management that drove me nuts. It's like nobody really has a clue how to do their job because their only real purpose is to be a sacrificial lamb if a *** up is too big to simply pin on the lower level employees.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-05-06 09:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
I'll call them "feeders". Have you considered glitter bombing the entire office?
yes, that's what my boss is.
and fire-based self igniting glitter has not been invented yet.

talked to my manager about it, and "yeah I know how difficult he can be (boss) I'll talk to him Morrow and explain the job to him like a 5 year old".

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
so:work sucks and most people are kicks./rant

I like the stories where you push the kids down and steal their toys much better...

/sips coffee

wont have one of those until may 29th, which is when these amiibo hit the shelves.
there is a slight possibility of a small story like this before hand, if wave 6 gets announced for pre-order.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-05-06 09:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll call them "feeders". Have you considered glitter bombing the entire office?
yes, that's what my boss is.
and fire-based self igniting glitter has not been invented yet.

talked to my manager about it, and "yeah I know how difficult he can be (boss) I'll talk to him Morrow and explain the job to him like a 5 year old".
You should mention to your manager that you're easier to work with and feel capable of doing your boss' tasks. Get that guy the boot, get promo, profit.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-06 09:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fire-based self igniting glitter has not been invented yet..

We're working as fast as we can!!!

/puts more burn creme on PARKER

look PARKER... it has to amaze and dazzle first and THEN burst into flames... you want that "ooooooooooh" and "ahhhhhhhhhh" as the glitter dances in the air AND THEN the whoosh! and hideous roar of the fire....

/picks up the fire extinguisher and gets behind the blast shield

ok try it again...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-05-06 10:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

morning all.

and the rain, rain, rain, came down, down, down, so piglet started bailing!

Have you considered glitter bombing the entire office?

I second this motion.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-06 10:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-06 10:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong! That's all wrong PARKER!

/squeezes fire extinguisher trigger but nothing happens

hmmmm... that's odd...

well I'm sure the fire will go out on it's own in a minute

/waits

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-05-06 10:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You should mention to your manager that you're easier to work with and feel capable of doing your boss' tasks. Get that guy the boot, get promo, profit.
no , I dont want his job, because it is manual labor, production and crap like that. lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17330 17331 17332 ... 18549 18550 18551