First Page 2 3 ... 17123 17124 17125 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 11:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
oh I do claim the room. the mountain is just the place for my project!
I guess since you saw it I might as well explain it...
a Dwarf Hall

that's awesome! it's a picturesque location. I was on there too much this weekend. got bored sunday night & updated LoL & dl'ed some 'war thunder' game on the ps4. gonna try to blow some tanks up tonight, I think.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 11:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Any and all suggestions on how to make my brother dread my visits are appreciated.

Nothing against my brother, I just need to fulfill my duties.

My very presence makes my nephew, an otherwise calm child (or so I'm told), pretty hyper. I suspect it's because he senses in my authoritative beard the masculine presence that his father lacks and he seeks to impress the alpha wolf in the room.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 11:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I can vouch for the recorder being annoying as all hell. one note, on repeat, ad nauseam.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 11:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I suspect it's because he senses in my authoritative beard the masculine presence that his father lacks and he seeks to impress the alpha wolf in the room.

my eyes just rolled so far into the back of my head, that I may never see again.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-02 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to buy a child any instrument, don't half-***.
not pink, and too much of an inversion for a small child.
wait for the teens
Actually always better to start 'em off younger. I would have killed to have had more than those damn recorders to play back in elementary school as it was so much easier for me to pick up things back then.

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Any and all suggestions on how to make my brother dread my visits are appreciated.

Nothing against my brother, I just need to fulfill my duties.
I know that feel.

Love that I can not only annoy the hell out of my sister without being there, but when I show up the child listens to me before I even attempt to become serious.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-02 11:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

if I ever babysit my sis' kids
chocolate/candy shortly before giving them back.
junk food as well
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-02 11:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
lol, I can vouch for the recorder being annoying as all hell. one note, on repeat, ad nauseam.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 11:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to buy a child any instrument, don't half-***.
not pink, and too much of an inversion for a small child.
wait for the teens

No, no, no. That drumset is specifically for children.

THIS is for teens:

Then you become an adult and buy your own stuff, which is where you move into THIS stuff:
By Jetackuu 2015-02-02 11:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

if I ever babysit my sis' kids
chocolate/candy shortly before giving them back.
junk food as well

sugar doesn't actually cause hyperactivity...
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-02 11:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Actually always better to start 'em off younger. I would have killed to have had more than those damn recorders to play back in elementary school as it was so much easier for me to pick up things back then.
from experience with relatives, I know of 3 of them that bought an expensive instrument, only to ditch it after a month because it wasn't their thing, and moving on to a different one.
my sister owns a *** expensive keyboard, making my parents buy it for her, because she wanted to study "music" only to have it sit there.

"i'm just going to sell it"
so i told her
"if you *** sell it, you are NOT keeping the money"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 11:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect it's because he senses in my authoritative beard the masculine presence that his father lacks and he seeks to impress the alpha wolf in the room.

my eyes just rolled so far into the back of my head, that I may never see again.

Well that was the intended reaction, so...thanks!

For real. If you ever see me in all seriousness refer to myself as an alpha, yell, "Sup brah!?" as loud as you can right before you hit me in the head with a ball peen hammer.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-02 11:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

well yah, that's what i meant lol
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 11:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

from experience with relatives, I know of 3 of them that bought an expensive instrument, only to ditch it after a month because it wasn't their thing, and moving on to a different one.
my sister owns a *** expensive keyboard, making my parents buy it for her, because she wanted to study "music" only to have it sit there.

so i told her

If you're not ready for these things to happen, just don't be a parent. That's part of life.

For every kid that ends up not getting into that thing, there's another kid who turns it into a career 20 years later.

Live a safe, boring life have safe, boring children!
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 11:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

well yah, that's what i meant lol

No, the one -I- posted is specifically for children.

That pink plastic thing is for...nobody. No one should be allowed to even make those as a toy.
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-02-02 11:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

the specifically girl oriented legos piss me off to no end. legos were perfect & neutral in my day.
mhh I can only agree partly with it. Yes, specifically girl oriented Lego is not needed, but it wasn't really neutral before either. Haven't seen a princess often on the normal Medieval Castles ect.
Outside of the city franchise (even have to exclude police ect.) female figures were widely underrepresentative.

Other topic:
I was really surprised hearing quite a few Americans booing during the national anthem. Does that happen often or is the coach just so hated that this was an exception?
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-02 11:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

so i told her
This is not just a fault of the child's age but also a fault of the parent's discipline.

Fact of the matter is, the younger you start a child off on learning something like an instrument the better they will accept and learn it. But if parents aren't also able to keep up with and either encourage or force the child to practice/study then they're not going to get anywhere and they likely will hop to and drop as many instruments as they can.
That said, they don't have to stay with it forever if it's not their thing, but it's always beneficial to start them on something to help with basic musical progression.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-02 11:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda always wanted a keyboard, but I'm not very musically inclined, so it would most likely just sit there.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 11:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, learning music is generally proven to help in maths and sciences throughout life as well. So even if you're one of those *** who views the arts as a waste of time and money, there's a "pragmatic" benefit as well.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-02 11:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, learning music is generally proven to help in maths and sciences throughout life as well. So even if you're one of those *** who views the arts as a waste of time and money, there's a "pragmatic" benefit as well.

Education wise, they are a waste.

/***
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-02-02 11:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I read that while listening to "Nocturne For Piano No. 7 In C Sharp Minor" By Fryderyk Chopin.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 11:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
mhh I can only agree partly with it. Yes, specifically girl oriented Lego is not needed, but it wasn't really neutral before either. Haven't seen a princess often on the normal Medieval Castles ect.
Outside of the city franchise (even have to exclude police ect.) female figures were widely underrepresentative.

yeah, that's a fair point. most of the lego people were men, if not all.

Other topic:
I was really surprised hearing quite a few Americans booing during the national anthem. Does that happen often or is the coach just so hated that this was an exception?

I didn't notice it, I had been drinking, & just started screaming "LET IT GO, LEEEEEETTTTTT ITT GOOOOOOOOOOOO"
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-02 11:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno, the thought of having our daughter drawing on the walls really doesn't bother me at all, and basically all of our stuff is secondhand, with the intent of not being upset if any of it is broken.
About the only thing is the good cookware and rangetop; when she is able to start cooking it will be cheap pot/pans and little portable induction stoves.

But maybe I'm just weird.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-02 11:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Dunno, the thought of having our daughter drawing on the walls really doesn't bother me at all, and basically all of our stuff is secondhand, with the intent of not being upset if any of it is broken.
About the only thing is the good cookware and rangetop; when she is able to start cooking it will be cheap pot/pans and little portable induction stoves.

But maybe I'm just weird.
We're all weird.

I just remembered that once as a kid I was carving into the wall with spare keys, I forget how that ended.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-02 11:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised by such a correlation given music is good for teaching you to pick up patterns and would likely easily transfer into at least a slightly easier grasping of newer mathematical mechanics as they're introduced.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 11:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

But maybe I'm just cool.

I'd agree to that.

by the time they are starting to cook, they're generally beyond the destructive / accident prone phase. your cookware will be safe.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-02 11:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, that's a fair point. most of the lego people were men, if not all.

Other topic:

I didn't notice it, I had been drinking, & just started screaming "LET IT GO, LEEEEEETTTTTT ITT GOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Been watching too much Frozen?
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-02 11:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As a parent, I'll be planning out how to teach my kids responsibility and survival techniques such as cooking.

As an uncle, I just want my niece to get to the age where I can ruin her with video games.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-02 11:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Been watching too much Frozen?

nah, the chick that sings that song did the national anthem at the super bowl, so there was a co-relation that didn't require my abstract brain.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-02 11:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

But maybe I'm just cool.

I'd agree to that.

by the time they are starting to cook, they're generally beyond the destructive / accident prone phase. your cookware will be safe.
Mmm; I started about 4-5 years. I'd rather not have the nice cookware warped because the stupid controls got set to Boost for too long.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 11:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Education wise, they are a waste.

/***

Music Education Can Improve Brain Function, May Close The Gap Between Rich And Poor Academic Performance

Is Music the Key to Success?

The Benefits of Music Education

Music Education Improves Academic Performance

Music Education Can Help Children Improve Reading Skills

I could do this all day given the time.

You're wrong.~
First Page 2 3 ... 17123 17124 17125 ... 18549 18550 18551