FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 16850 16851 16852 ... 18549 18550 18551
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-09-22 08:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If I've learned anything from broke people TV it's that if you're ever on Let's Make a Deal, never trust Tiffany, she'll screw you over every time.

EDIT: Also, the only major news outlet that is shown is Fox News on Sundays and BBC America on Wednesdays. The Brits show less ***.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-22 08:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Experience has taught me that Tiffanies aren't that reliable for anything.

I second your motion.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-22 08:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
If I've learned anything

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts....

something something... it's flipping christmas!

merry christmas girlboy and congratulations on learning the thing
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-22 08:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-22 08:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-22 08:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Too early for to think about Christmas. Good job, Nik! You reminded me that I'm going to have to get more lights this year. >:
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-22 08:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother-in-law starts petitioning his wife to put up the Christmas trees from November 1. He doesn't even give it enough time for the kids' Halloween sugar rush to wear off...

...which, given they have like eight trees of varying sizes, maybe he needs them to have that energy to help put them all up, but still.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-09-22 08:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Too early for to think about Christmas. Good job, Nik! You reminded me that I'm going to gave to get more lights this year. >:
***, Walmart starts putting Christmas stuff out a day before Halloween. It's slowly getting earlier and earlier.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-09-22 08:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
My brother-in-law starts petitioning his wife to put up the Christmas trees from November 1. He doesn't even give it enough time for the kids' Halloween sugar rush to wear off...

...which, given they have like eight trees of varying sizes, maybe he needs them to have that energy to help put them all up, but still.
We had one up for four years one time, it somehow ended up on the back patio till we hauled it off.

EDIT: Our lights from Christmas 2004 are still on the roof. >.>
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-22 09:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

We had one up for four years one time, it somehow ended up on the back patio till we hauled it off.

EDIT: Our lights from Christmas 2004 are still on the roof. >.>

In my B-i-L's defense, he's a giant child at heart who is also a methodist minister.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-22 09:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds more like Corporate Americas wet dream! Tis' the season of consuming and profits.

I hate walking into a Department Store after Halloween and XMas music is already starting to play. What about the Turkeys!!!!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-22 09:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Sounds more like Corporate Americas wet dream! Tis' the season of consuming and profits.

I hate walking into a Department Store after Halloween and XMas music is already starting to play. What about the Turkeys!!!!

Actually, you don't get much more anti-corporate America than my B-i-L.

He and I actually get along really well, despite what you suspect otherwise due to what you see me talk about here re: religion (though I won't lie; it's more strained than it used to be since he actually was...frocked or hooded or cloaked or whatever they do in the UMC). And whether I believe in religion or not, I still embrace the holiday season as a time to try to be kinder to others and be thankful for what I've got, and that's very much what he's about too. In fact, corporate Christmas makes him quite angry. He likes Christmas carols and the trees and decorations, but he doesn't do big spending on material items. Smaller items, clothing, food gifts, etc. To the point where my wife and I send them (they live in NC) a food gift basket and gift cards for the kids, and they hold onto the cards and ration the cards out in the months going forward.

Now, granted, they go whole-hog when it comes to birthdays to make up for it, but he really does do Christmas right.

Which is really why he's so into decorating. He's really, really into pushing that Christmas spirit as much as possible.

Related, my favorite bit of religious needling I've sent to him:
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-22 09:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-22 09:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Our lights from Christmas 2004 are still on the roof. >.>

/squirms

Why you so Okie, Okie? Haven't some burned out in the past decade?

Actually, you don't get much more anti-corporate America than my B-i-L.

He and I actually get along really well, despite what you suspect otherwise due to what you see me talk about here re: religion (though I won't lie; it's more strained than it used to be since he actually was...frocked or hooded or cloaked or whatever they do in the UMC). And whether I believe in religion or not, I still embrace the holiday season as a time to try to be kinder to others and be thankful for what I've got, and that's very much what he's about too. In fact, corporate Christmas makes him quite angry. He likes Christmas carols and the trees and decorations, but he doesn't do big spending on material items. Smaller items, clothing, food gifts, etc. To the point where my wife and I send them (they live in NC) a food gift basket and gift cards for the kids, and they hold onto the cards and ration the cards out in the months going forward.

Now, granted, they go whole-hog when it comes to birthdays to make up for it, but he really does do Christmas right.

Which is really why he's so into decorating. He's really, really into pushing that Christmas spirit as much as possible.

Related, my favorite bit of religious needling I've sent to him:

Our family/family-friends Christmas party is mild when it comes to gifts for adults. We do a Secret Santa for the adults when my mother hosts almost every year. Fifteen to twenty adults, and what do we really want or need anyway? It's more about the kiddos and the food. Spare no expense for the food!

Kind of crappy that your nieces and or nephews can't spend the cards how they please, but oh well.

EDIT: Broken, Misa.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-22 09:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-22 10:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

HO HO HO!

MERRY CHRISTMAS NI!

/refillstheundergroundchloroformtankwhilesmoking

this should ensure a merry 2015! <3

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-22 10:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

D:
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-22 10:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Too early for to think about Christmas.

That's too bad! It's here!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-22 10:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

also if you quote misa, you will learn the dark hidden meanings of his messages....
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-22 10:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-22 10:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Kind of crappy that your nieces and or nephews can't spend the cards how they please, but oh well.

One is eight, one is five.

They spend them as they please, it's just rationed out for a bit for the sake of not putting too much emphasis on the "Christmas is about gifts" thing. Buying a single toy or w/e on several trips seems actually quite reasonable to me. /shrug

That and getting them in the habbit of spending lots of money at once isn't good. I mean, yeah some of their living expenses are covered by the church as part of his compensation package, but his take home in actual cash is fairly low.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-22 10:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-22 10:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

where is your christmas spirit!? how many gods do we have to crucify to get a little christmas cheer up in here!!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-09-22 10:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
I'll do what I can, just name the time-frame you need help on~

I started translating the intro yesterday. Had to go fish it out from a handful of pages back and was side-tracked by P&R. :/ Woe unto those who read P&R threads on the weekend. Good God! LOL!

Sorry about the delay.
No worries, we still have some years ahead.

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Too early for to think about Christmas.

That's too bad! It's here!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Finally the avatar is up to date again~

Bismarck.Misao said: »
D:
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-22 10:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

where is your christmas spirit!? how many gods do we have to crucify to get a little christmas cheer up in here!!!

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-09-22 10:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I once worked on a job where we were building an Asphault plant, when the contracter who hired us showed us the blueprints, they were drawn on the side of a Braum's sack.

True story.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-22 10:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-22 10:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-22 10:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I once worked on a job where we were building an Asphault plant, when the contracter who hired us showed us the blueprints, they were drawn on the side of a Braum's sack.

True story.
click here
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-22 10:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

{Insert Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey here}
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16850 16851 16852 ... 18549 18550 18551