iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 363 364 365
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-01-31 14:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, it's really just an augmented otronif brais/boots +1 with 2 crit aug (and maybe uk'uxkaj? i don't remember off the top of my head) with everything else identical. i also used to use anguinus but changed it to olseni once i got it, but i can change it back to anguinus if it's better, haven't ran the math on it
By Yankke23 2015-02-02 13:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For critical ws, is better equip critical hit equip or should go for STR & STR/VIT if we talk about victory smite, ascetic"s furry
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-02 14:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well, victory smite is only a STR mod so you don't need vit for that. ascetic's fury i would personally build into pure str (with the exception of spiral ring, maybe.) just because i don't think there are many vit oriented pieces ilvl wise that have a ton of str on them but there are plenty of str pieces that also have a decent chunk of vit on them.
 Cerberus.Lynchilles
Server: Cerberus
user: collapse
By Cerberus.Lynchilles 2015-02-02 14:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I missing something? How are you able to equip a Metalslinger Belt?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-02 14:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

whoops, i think that was a mistake. should be caudata or prosilio +1. fixed, thanks
By Yankke23 2015-02-02 16:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah was wonder because i was looking on thf guide and evisceration QQ set have nefarious collar and rancorous mantle and since victory smite and ascetic fury have a chance to critical was thinking if was good to combine critical equipment and STR
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-02 16:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, i think i misread your question earlier. personally i do rancorous/nefarious +1 (i thought you were comparing str to str/vit and i was like what) for foddery stuff and then change to gorget for harder stuff. I've heard of buquwik being just as good (if not better) than rancorous though
By Yankke23 2015-02-02 17:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

thx Ramzus
 Asura.Alexandero
Server: Asura
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-02-05 10:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Semi-new MNK here. Are you guys WS'ing at 1k TP or 2K TP? I have decent gear but seem to fall behind on parses.
By Chyula 2015-02-05 11:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

just play the job best you can, u will not be able to compete with the big boys (sam and thf), as long you can get the job done within a decent duration its fine.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-05 11:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be WSing at 1000% as much as you can unless there's a skillchain opportunity.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-02-18 10:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

With i119 Spharai, Hes. Gaiters+1, Counterstance and Counter merits, you'd have a capped (80%) counter rate.

Is there any sort of PDT/Acc hybrid gear set that would make this safe/worthwhile on content that even remotely matters?
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-02-18 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
With i119 Spharai, Hes. Gaiters+1, Counterstance and Counter merits, you'd have a capped (80%) counter rate.

Is there any sort of PDT/Acc hybrid gear set that would make this safe/worthwhile on content that even remotely matters?

I only really use Counterstance on trash mobs, such as lizards in delve, bats in capacity point parties, etc. For monsters like Tojil, where most of his attacks are considered magical, you aren't benefiting from Counterstance. I will keep up Counterstance on certain mobs who have no/very little Magical attacks, like raptor in Morimar Delve.

As far as a pdt/acc hybrid set, I don't really use one. Hesychast +1 for precast, then back to my TP set. If you really want a hybrid set that will help your defense, you could equip Anchorite legs for the extra guard skill, and probably a few big DT pieces, like Defending Ring, AA EV ring, etc. Other than that, I feel you'd lose too much DPS to make Counterstance worthwhile. If you ever have any questions, feel free to talk to me in game; I'm on your server (Nokturnall).
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2015-02-18 12:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Counter caps at ~75-76% anyway.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-18 13:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

well i mean, i posted hybrid sets back on the last page but all you'd need to do is swap in the gaiters. here they are again for your reference

hybrid low acc
ItemSet 324490

hybrid mid acc
ItemSet 324491

hybrid high acc
ItemSet 324492

hybrid max acc
ItemSet 324493

i personally wouldn't use counterstance but yeah
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-02-18 15:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nokturnall said: »

I only really use Counterstance on trash mobs, such as lizards in delve, bats in capacity point parties, etc. For monsters like Tojil, where most of his attacks are considered magical, you aren't benefiting from Counterstance. I will keep up Counterstance on certain mobs who have no/very little Magical attacks, like raptor in Morimar Delve.

As far as a pdt/acc hybrid set, I don't really use one. Hesychast +1 for precast, then back to my TP set. If you really want a hybrid set that will help your defense, you could equip Anchorite legs for the extra guard skill, and probably a few big DT pieces, like Defending Ring, AA EV ring, etc. Other than that, I feel you'd lose too much DPS to make Counterstance worthwhile. If you ever have any questions, feel free to talk to me in game; I'm on your server (Nokturnall).

I think the Delve raptor is a good example, hits pretty fast, and probably not particularly hard, but how well do you hold up against it's Tail Scythe, Chomp Rush and Ripper Fang type moves with Counterstance up?

Counterstance tanking was one of my favorite parts of MNK back when it was viable (ToAU, Abyssea), and I'd like to be able to utilize it a bit more, especially now that I've completed a Spharai.

I don't really have any delusions of tanking hard mode Ark Angels with Counterstance, their TP moves are bad enough without it. It'd probably be suicide even with capped PDT (which isn't viable to TP in on such mobs).

Thinking specifically of Delve I NMs as examples: I could see it maybe being viable on the chapuli, the butterflies, maybe on the wamoura, Shimmering Tarichuk (Nimble Snap?), Kurma (until low Tseuedo Stomp?), and the raptor. Probably annoying on the Pieste, deadly on the scorpion, f*** the gnat, and useless on the Matamata.

Asura.Slugman said: »
Counter caps at ~75-76% anyway.

In terms of actual rate, yes. But before adjustments, Counter up to +80 matters.
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2015-02-18 15:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you mean? you will only counter ~75% of any hits regardless of the amount of counterstance/counter gear you are wearing.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-18 15:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugman said: »
Not sure what you mean? you will only counter ~75% of any hits regardless of the amount of counterstance/counter gear you are wearing.
And if you only attain 75% counter rate from JA/gear you'd be countering less than 75% of the time after accuracy cap adjustments, so you still want to go for an 80% counter rate to hit that 75% adjusted rate.
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2015-02-18 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha, i was referring to adj. rate.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-02-18 16:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nokturnall said: »

I think the Delve raptor is a good example, hits pretty fast, and probably not particularly hard, but how well do you hold up against it's Tail Scythe, Chomp Rush and Ripper Fang type moves with Counterstance up?

I'd say my counter rate is near capped against them, which helps tremendously with the DPS against those mobs. Deciding to use Counterstance or not comes down to your healer. If my healer is full MP, I'll activate it (on applicable mobs only). Taking a TP move still hurts, but you need to be quick with equipping a DT set, especially when you have Counterstance up. If your healer is doing fine and you can equip your DT set before taking damage, go for it.
 Siren.Noxzema
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-02-19 01:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So for JPs we got:
Footwork effect: Increases the damage of KA while under effects of Footwork by 1
Perfect Counter effect: Increase VIT bonus of Perfect Counter. Increase VIT bonus by 1.

Gifts:
100: Martial arts (Delay -5)
125: Subtle Blow (Decreases tp given by 2%)
145: CP bonus +13%
150: Counter (Increases chance of countering by 2%)
180: Physical Defense (DEF+8)
205: CP bonus +15%
210: Physical Attack (ATK+12)
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-02-19 04:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised SE remembers Footwork even exists. I sure as hell try not to.

I'm a bit confused by two things with Job Points:

1: What's the "VIT Bonus" of Perfect Counter?

2: What's the "DEX Bonus" of Counterstance?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-19 04:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Counterstance supposedly gets a damage bonus on your counters which is somehow related to your DEX value? Likewise VIT for Perfect counter.

At least that's what I thought.

New legs with TA btw, augmentable with who-knows what bonuses from Alluvion Skirmish stones.
Potentially better than Hesychast+1 I guess? Depending on the augments we get, no clue what you can get in there.
 Bismarck.Zerothehero
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zerothehero 2015-02-21 19:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I just reactivated after several months, and looked at my Manibozho Brais. They aren't fully upgraded yet. Airlixir looks a bit cheaper now, should I max my pants, or is there a better option, now?

It just occurs to me that I may not have even gotten these for my MNK. It might have been for THF. I never even chose a path for my Qaaxo harness. Lol
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-22 16:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

sooo, don't have time to math it out atm but, i'm assuming taeon tights<hesychast hose for glanzfaust tp since kick attacks is independent of AM procs. also having trouble deciding if i want str augments or crit damage augments? was thinking probably STR for taeon tights and crit damage for taeon gloves since tights look like a good ws piece
 Siren.Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-02-22 16:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I literally just finished and was about to post, but I ran it through the spreadsheet because I was curious also.
Looks like 5/5 Taeon with Str/Dex +10, Atk/Acc+20 and TA+2% is best for everything but WS with Impetus up, then Tantra body wins. I compared against Crit DMG+2 and WS DMG+ 2% and there's no question.
If you have the gil, you could make another set with STR/VIT for AF and it'll beat VS by about 400 dmg.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-22 16:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

was this strictly for WS or did you take into account having crit dmg+2 for tp phase as well? i'm not sure what i want to do yet but i think you're right about str/dex (although +10 seems unlikely for every single piece.) do you remember how much str/dex it needed per piece before it started being better than crit dmg taking into account melee phase as well?
 Siren.Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-02-22 17:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

VS Tojil with -15% def, Haste 2, Boost-str, March 1/2, Min 5, Chaos/Sam rolls, and Focus/Impetus, and Sole.

ItemSet 330356
(With Tantra body)
ItemSet 332946

Got 1117 DPS

I switch to Crit dmg for TP and WS it goes to 1151
WS DMG for ws, Str/Dex for TP: 1172
Crit dmg for ws, str/dex for TP : 1193
Str/Dex for both: 1231, and 1204 for VS
Str/Dex for TP, Str/vit(for AF): 1251

Edit: Just thought about it, with all that acc we can change to RCB, takes us up to 1304 instead of 1251.
And using Berserk/aggressor makes the 2 sets tie at 1392
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-22 17:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

which Taeon pieces are you using for TP? Just hands and head? or 4/5?

ty, btw

edit: managed to get 5str/dex on legs and hands, and 6 str on head for now. it's a start but it's gonna take forever to get +10. i'm surprised the head is beating out uk'uxkaj str augmented even with str/dex augments
 Siren.Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-02-22 17:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have it as 5/5 for TP, the body actually beats Tantra, even with Glanz + Imp/Focus for TP, and 4/5 with Tantra for WS. I'm not 100% sure that you can get 10/10 on stats, best that I've personally gotten is 6/6, but I was told that we can get 10/10. I'll retest if we find out otherwise.
But I was also surprised a few times, I was hoping relic/soku would still be on top.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 363 364 365