First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 363 364 365
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-01-08 06:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
In addition to Nokturnall's swaps, I'd throw in Windbuffet +1 for waist, Epona's Ring over Rajas and Floestone if you can pick it up. Don't remember if Rancor neck/Buquwik or Gorget/Rancor back is the better combo. Qaaxo body path B is competitive with Dread Jupon as well.

Disagreeing with the Wb+1 over Caudata, then again, I am a bigger fan of more consistency.
As for the neck/back combo: Spreadsheet is in favor of the Rancor + Buquwik combo.

As for Rank B Qaaxo body, no, that doesn't even come close to Dread.
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2015-01-08 11:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lucidious said: »
Asura.Slugman said: »
Vulcan's pearl, AF+1 pants

why use af1 pants when these have more str?

Cause I'm an idiot and thought that vit was a modifier.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-01-08 11:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on target for Dread. As I said in my earlier post regarding DEX path Uk'cap, I think people are plugging things in for Tojil and not realizing they're hitting the dDEX sweet spot and assuming their conclusions apply everywhere.

Adding about 30 attribute(this is assuming you have a capped Boost-DEX, would be less if you don't obviously) makes Uk' STR better, which in turn makes the difference between Dread and Qaaxo much smaller since its no longer knocking you into the sweet spot. When getting absolutely no benefit from dDEX(negative even with Dread), I have Qaaxo B coming out ahead. Keep in mind Serac Rabbits are theorized to have 35 more attribute than Tojil so I don't think assuming anything endgame post Delve 1.0 having more than that is wrong.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-08 11:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
As for Rank B Qaaxo body, no, that doesn't even come close to Dread.
Let's not exaggerate now. It's 1 STR 2 DA vs 2 TA when an increase in dDex crit rate doesn't apply to Dread, so yes, it can beat it in some situations, thus making it "competitive".
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 11:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, whirlpool mask, rancor collar, brutal + moon, dread, af+1 gloves, eponas + rajas, +8str back piece, wind+1, Wukongs legs +1, Qaaxo feet c path. Use that for ws, tons of str and dex for tougher mobs, tons of acc for high evasion, tons of dbl triple even some quad for fodder. its the best of all worlds wrapped in one. You can be anal and swap out stuff here and there depending on situation for marginal difference but it wont do much. The only notable swap that can make a dramatic difference is when youre on fodder or in abysea, use tantra body on ws if impetus is up.
[+]
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 11:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, im a returning player after 3 years and something notable that may not be known by all. With the new /equipset feature, you can carry 2 Quaaxo feet items (1 path c, 1 path b) and the /equipset will decipher the difference between the 2. Was not the case before.
By lucidious 2015-01-08 14:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 332139

made a couple of changes. Dropped rajas for eponas (lost dex because of this) Because of the lost dex I changed the augment on Uk'uxcaj to dex which gives me more dex than I started with. I lost 13str because of this but by changing to tantra tathlum I gained back some of the lost str. working on finding a Vulcans pearl to gain back 1 more of that lost str. my moonshade earring is for my whm so I do not have that for DD. Wondering if I should toss another STR earring on instead of brutal or stick with brutal Vulcans combo.

Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
Basically, whirlpool mask, rancor collar, brutal + moon, dread, af+1 gloves, eponas + rajas, +8str back piece, wind+1, Wukongs legs +1, Qaaxo feet c path. Use that for ws, tons of str and dex for tougher mobs, tons of acc for high evasion, tons of dbl triple even some quad for fodder. its the best of all worlds wrapped in one. You can be anal and swap out stuff here and there depending on situation for marginal difference but it wont do much. The only notable swap that can make a dramatic difference is when youre on fodder or in abysea, use tantra body on ws if impetus is up.

why whirlpool mask. you lose 3% crit rate, and I see nothing on it that makes it stand out against UK'cap unless your acc is horrible then it has acc on it.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 14:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

spread sheets say that without Geo in your pt to take down its evasion whirlpool is actually better. When you do have geo its a good deal better.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-01-08 15:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As mentioned, Quiahuiz STR are going to beat Wukong+1 unless you need the accuracy(assuming you don't based on the rest of your set). I'm not sure if you're just choosing to ignore that option, or don't have the pants available to you. You know best if you need accuracy or not so the same argument applies to choosing Whirlpool. The statement "If you don't have GEO Whirlpool is better" is a horrendous oversimplification of your potential party setups.

Uk'uxkaj DEX is only worth it if most of its DEX is contributing to the sweet spot. With Sphrahi, and taking Anchorite +1 instead of Dread Jupon, this is only really ever happening on Tojil/Bee/Shark(assuming equal attributes across the three) when you're receiving a capped potency Boost-DEX(Madrigals help too, but that's depending on if you're getting them and what kind of Emperyean set your BRD is using). Any trivial increase in content difficulty and the DEX isn't doing enough for you to be worth it.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 15:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
As mentioned, Quiahuiz STR are going to beat Wukong+1 unless you need the accuracy(assuming you don't based on the rest of your set). I'm not sure if you're just choosing to ignore that option, or don't have the pants available to you. You know best if you need accuracy or not so the same argument applies to choosing Whirlpool. The statement "If you don't have GEO Whirlpool is better" is a horrendous oversimplification of your potential party setups.

Uk'uxkaj DEX is only worth it if most of its DEX is contributing to the sweet spot. With Sphrahi, and taking Anchorite +1 instead of Dread Jupon, this is only really ever happening on Tojil/Bee/Shark(assuming equal attributes across the three) when you're receiving a capped potency Boost-DEX(Madrigals help too, but that's depending on if you're getting them and what kind of Emperyean set your BRD is using). Any trivial increase in content difficulty and the DEX isn't doing enough for you to be worth it.

i spent about 10 hours on spread sheets 2 weeks ago. The minor changes from job buffs or debuffs changes your dmg output so much with just minor gear changes. The set i suggested is the only set that was pretty damn good in every situation without being greatly gimped if certain factors didnt apply. If you didnt have geo the set i suggested was #1 on tojil, minus the pants, quiahuiz str are better, just checked.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 15:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

the set i suggested was best if you had only had x2 minuet x2 march haste. But it was within 300 dmg of best set if you happen to have a geo. The set that was 300 dmg better was about 500 damage behind without a geo. So, with minor figures i got frustrated and found the set i put to be the best over all if youre not into having a billion different macro sets for different pt set ups.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-08 15:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing, wukongs+1 + Windbuffet +1 but youre better off with Cauc belt + Quiahuiz (str path)

idk if something is up with the 8atk and 8acc and +2% dbl atk. but its beating the Moonshade tp earring vs tojil if youre using caud belt + quiahuiz on the spread sheets.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-01-12 10:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
the fights for REMs tales chapters 1-5 can be done by a competent party in your current level of gear on at least Normal. the standout pieces tend to be relic gloves/legs and AF feet, with AF Gloves, Body, and Head having situational uses. at a minimum they make for some solid WS choices barring some of the other stronger gear out there.

Thanks for all the advice. I actually got extremely lucky and got three Kaggen's Cuticles to drop the other night and was able to upgrade to i119 relic hands and legs.

Are the i119 relic body and feet worth going after? Head seems useless, but they other two at least look interesting (feet as a possible WS piece, body as multi-purpose/solo/tanking).

I'm debating selling the third Cuticle to put towards other pieces. The Anch. Gaiters +1 look really nice, and I want the body because I'm a gigantic Chakra ***.

Seems very rare to find Delve shouts on my server, and rarer for Naakuls, although I did manage to get my Uck'ugly Cap augmented...

I have about 300,000-500,000 Delve plasm or so, but lack the key items to further utilize them. In the mean time, aside from Emet+1 and Qaxxo, are any of the other i119 bodies worth getting for TP purposes? Dread Jupon is very tempting, and it would also allow me to work on i119 JSE bodies as well. Shadow Lord II doesn't sound very hard, but the nature of the battle kind of makes me thing Trust NPC healers wouldn't cut it (they seem to have difficulty with AoE attacks). The players I'll likely be trying this with are an i115-117ish THF, an i105ish WHM and possibly filling out the rest with Trust NPCs...
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2015-01-12 13:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
the fights for REMs tales chapters 1-5 can be done by a competent party in your current level of gear on at least Normal. the standout pieces tend to be relic gloves/legs and AF feet, with AF Gloves, Body, and Head having situational uses. at a minimum they make for some solid WS choices barring some of the other stronger gear out there.

Thanks for all the advice. I actually got extremely lucky and got three Kaggen's Cuticles to drop the other night and was able to upgrade to i119 relic hands and legs.

Are the i119 relic body and feet worth going after? Head seems useless, but they other two at least look interesting (feet as a possible WS piece, body as multi-purpose/solo/tanking).

I'm debating selling the third Cuticle to put towards other pieces. The Anch. Gaiters +1 look really nice, and I want the body because I'm a gigantic Chakra ***.

Seems very rare to find Delve shouts on my server, and rarer for Naakuls, although I did manage to get my Uck'ugly Cap augmented...

I have about 300,000-500,000 Delve plasm or so, but lack the key items to further utilize them. In the mean time, aside from Emet+1 and Qaxxo, are any of the other i119 bodies worth getting for TP purposes? Dread Jupon is very tempting, and it would also allow me to work on i119 JSE bodies as well. Shadow Lord II doesn't sound very hard, but the nature of the battle kind of makes me thing Trust NPC healers wouldn't cut it (they seem to have difficulty with AoE attacks). The players I'll likely be trying this with are an i115-117ish THF, an i105ish WHM and possibly filling out the rest with Trust NPCs...

Can use Manibozho R15-A for max acc, same with Shneddick Tabard +1 for max acc sets. Shneddick Tabard +1 can also work in your VS set if you're missing other pieces.
By fillerbunny9 2015-01-12 23:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

personally I would not bother with Hesy. Body and Feet. better to get Anchorite feet for general TP use. from what I am reading Dread Jupon is one of the better Smite pieces at this point. additionally, you will likely want a Ginsen from Tenzen.

I almost never see a Delve shout that isn't Morimar these days, rougher still for a Monk to get into Yorcia/Kamihr/Marjami delves. you might have to try and make your own group and kill the outside NMs/do the Delve if it comes down to it. kinda sad about the Naakuls, we still have some shouts periodically on Shiva since the reduced cost for entry/shortened respawn event is still going on.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-13 00:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a second.... you mentioned Kamihr. Don't you need a serious MNK for blunt dmg there if you do it 1-5+ B?

.. how little of the community is actually doing that...

But ya for bead clears ppl just use PLD n RNG for savety.
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-13 01:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »

I've always only played mnk so i always strives to be very misrule in doing all mnk can do. So the Relic body is actually a good investment. Its a nice full time piece "IF" you farm dynamis with mnk. Should have thf.. but if you have been doing it on MNK +3 regen will outdo -3pdt on mobs there. Coupled with the wiglin gorget youll rarely be taking more damage that a chakra 1k+ every 5 mins with invigorate doesnt handle it. Body is a piece you can live without but if you want to be complete get it. The feet are actually very very very amazing "if" you farm sparks like i do. I go to abyseaa and sub dnc and pull mass mobs and counterstance tank them to death. With those feet even non crit hit for over 500 counter. I do 200/200 500 dmg a pull which is 1k every 3 mins. about 20k an hr. Not too shabby if youre not into lvling / gearing rdm.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-01-18 19:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason, I was in a complete brain fart since coming back that obtaining Qaxxo Harness would require clearing the Kamihr fracture. Totally forgot about Field NMs and their key items.

Derp.

That said, which NM is the best to six man? Coeurl sounds easy enough, if a PLD back tanks it, but I don't know details such as any other dangerous moves it has (other than Mortal Ray or w/e it was), or if it has evasion out the *** or anything else.

Also, are there any changes to the current accuracy calculations for H2H? I'm remembering something like:

((H2H Skill - 200) * .9) + 200 + Acc from Gear + (DEX * .5)

...and is there chart as to how much accuracy you should have for various NMs/content?

Current setups are:

TP
Oatixur/ - /-/ Potestas
+DEX Uk'uxkaj/Asperity/Steelflash/Bladeborn
Thaumas/Hes+1/Epona/Rajas
Atheling/Windbuffet+1/Hes+1/Anc+1

WS
Oatixur/-/-/Potestas
+DEX Uk'uxkaj/Justicar/Steelflash/Bladeborn
+STR Manibozho/Hes+1/Epona/Rajas
Buquwik/Caudata/Hes+1/Anc+1

Acc Swaps: Honed Tathlum, Whirlpool Mask, Manibozho Jerkin, Manibozho Brais, Anguinus Belt, Anchoret Mantle

So definitely looking at Qaxxo, the STR augmented pants from Kamihr WKR, and Ginsen for upgrades. Possibly Letalis Mantle. Rancor Collar whenever I can find one (hasn't been on the AH in months, might need to farm one). I might skip Tinhaspa, as I'm not sure the cost is going to make it worth the upgrade long term. Plus I might work on a Spharai instead. Maybe.

As for high level battlefield drops, I'm tempted by Dread Jupon and the mask from AA MR. Possibly the Kick Damage+85 boots from the Coiff Hippogryph NM. Anything else?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-18 19:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sinaa is incredibly easy. Go with a couple DDs and healer/BRD trusts and just pingpong hate back and forth. If you have hate, turn, let your partner take hate, then he turns and you attack. Repeat until dead. No other real gimmicks to it.

Tinhaspa are your first priority. Both A and B are good, but I personally prefer B due to SE just stacking evasion on enemies to ridiculous levels. There's a new mantle that completely replaces Atheling called Bleating Mantle. Ironhorn Baldurno Unity NM. Another incredibly easy fight.

Dread Jupon is an incredibly good piece, and I believe replaces AF body for V smite, but I haven't done anything with my MNK in a while. And when you don't need the acc, MR mask is great. The feet are also very good for the bonus STP and slightly higher kick attacks damage, but with a bit less accuracy.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-01-26 00:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Has there been any recent testing for the crit mods for Ascetic's Fury? I noticed that both wiki's say that it's not fully known. BG says that its 20/30/50, but the spreadsheet is set at 20/20/20 which would mean 20/40/60.
By Ryug1 2015-01-28 05:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Qaaxo leggings path b with acc str and pdt be better for tp then the Anc+1? Or are the kick attacks on Anc+1 alot better?
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-01-28 05:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In capped accuracy situations Anchorite +1 will outperform Qaaxo Path B.
By Ryug1 2015-01-28 12:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How about anchorite +1 vs hes +1?
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-28 13:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If i need acc i use Wukongs legging +1. pretty solid piece
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-01-28 13:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
If i need acc i use Wukongs legging +1. pretty solid piece

They are discussing feet options. However, wukongs are good option for ACC builds
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-01-28 13:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryug1 said: »
How about anchorite +1 vs hes +1?

For Feet?
Hes +1 is a solid WS piece, and macropiece for Counterstance but for TP stick with the Anchorite. Hands down.

For legs, Hesi will win over most other pieces on capped accuracy situations with Wukong's +1 for those where you need accuracy.
By Yankke23 2015-01-30 09:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody have a up date ascetic"s furry ws set? Thx
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-01-30 21:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use, best I have found vs Tojil with Impetus/focus, boost-Dex, Min 5, and chaos roll.

ItemSet 332946
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-01-31 14:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 322859

is what i personally use, nomkahpa +1 or hesychast's gloves +1 are fine too, just don't feel like spending gil on a marginally better piece for low acc situations

also i haven't really seen any sets posted here in a while so i'm gonna post mine and someone knowledgeable (like llewel) can correct me on anything i *** up

low acc
ItemSet 322346

mid acc
ItemSet 322347

high acc
ItemSet 322348

max acc
ItemSet 322349

hybrid low acc
ItemSet 324490

hybrid mid acc
ItemSet 324491

hybrid high acc
ItemSet 324492

hybrid max acc
ItemSet 324493

VS low acc
ItemSet 332953

VS mid acc
ItemSet 332954

VS high acc
ItemSet 332955

VS max acc
ItemSet 332956
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2015-01-31 14:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides soku sune-ate in the first two tp sets and Anguinus in the third as far as your 4 TP sets are concerned they're identical to mine. I assume you just didn't bother posting your impetus TP sets of which I personally only have two of high acc and low.
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 363 364 365