First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 363 364 365
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-06-12 21:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

How much acc do I want for t1 delve?

Should Oatixurs/Manibozho body/legs/feet rank 15/ whirlpool mask cover it? or should I just go acc food?
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-12 21:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
So you use relic +1?
Or Otro+1 if you are using Qaaxo Boots.

Quote:
How much acc do I want for t1 delve?

Should Oatixurs/Manibozho body/legs/feet rank 15/ whirlpool mask cover it? or should I just go acc food?
I didn't actually go and check if that gear is fine on the spreadsheet or anything but I'm pretty sure it is. For reference I posted a set on the last page that caps acc on Tojil with Tinhaspa and very minimal gear swaps for acc.
ItemSet 324523
You'd need to use probably 2 more big acc pieces without Tinhaspa.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-18 01:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So, situational issues with weaponskills.

I charted up some comparisons of various H2H weaponskills. Note that these comparisons are fairly limited -- there's no DA/TA/QA, no gorgets, and no optimized gear per weaponskill (they all use the same stats). Crit rates are also approximated, since it was already getting complicated for just a rough comparison.

In any case, these are the results I came up with as TP increased from 1000 to 3000, at various cRatios:

0.50 cRatio:

1.50 cRatio:

1.75 cRatio:

2.25 cRatio:

1.75 w/Footwork (assuming d80 feet)

Results:

At 3000 TP and capped attack, Raging Fists wins over everything (except possibly FW Tornado Kick)

At 1.75 cRatio, Raging Fists and Howling Fist are pretty much on par. Below that, Howling Fist wins.

Smite and Shijin are only competitive right at 1000 TP. At 1400+, several other options beat them.

Below 1.5 cRatio, Howling Fist tends to win even when close to 1000 TP.

At very low cRatios (0.5), Smite and Ascetic's win out at low to mid TP levels.

Asuran is steadily middle of the pack at all TP levels, but if the extra accuracy it provides is useful, it will likely beat out most others, at least below 2000 TP.

At capped attack, Raging Fists at 2000 TP is about 30% above Smite at 1000 TP. At 3000 TP it's about twice as much damage as Smite at 1000 TP. Not enough of a gain to be worth deliberately holding TP, but if you do end up with higher TP, definitely switch weaponskills (barring skillchain opportunities).

Howling Fist in a reive when you get 3000 TP is probably good for 6000 damage. Raging Fists on a heavily debuffed mob has the highest potential damage, north of 8000.

I suspect there's going to be similar comparative issues with other weapon types, but it's a fair bit of work. I'll leave it to others for the most part.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-18 01:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I didn't actually go and check if that gear is fine on the spreadsheet or anything but I'm pretty sure it is. For reference I posted a set on the last page that caps acc on Tojil with Tinhaspa and very minimal gear swaps for acc.

I'm not sure what the formal argument was involving this set; I know it was without Madrigals and I'm assuming Sushi cause it was mentioned in one of your earlier posts, but what about Hunter's Roll? Because I don't have your set capping without Hunter's Roll, One Madrigal, or Sushi. In that order in terms of overkill.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-18 01:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »

I'm not sure what the formal argument was involving this set; I know it was without Madrigals and I'm assuming Sushi cause it was mentioned in one of your earlier posts, but what about Hunter's Roll? Because I don't have your set capping without Hunter's Roll, One Madrigal, or Sushi. In that order in terms of overkill.
Without Sushi, Madrigal, or Hunter's Roll. Assuming accuracy Tinhaspa like most people make. Alternating JAs.

You can double check by looking at the spreadsheet I did for Min vs Mad https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3yQ8T0J2_chV2RrMVd6YlZhcmM/edit?usp=sharing
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-06-18 01:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well after this little discussion I am assuming I know the answer but.... I guess Acc is the only way to go on Tinhaspa? I have Oats too.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-18 01:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like most things in this game it completely depends on what you spend your time doing. If you do lots of Delve (Especially v2) you really really want Acc Tinhaspa. If you don't do any of the high acc events like Delve or Difficult battlefields as Mnk, get STR Tinhaspa. The reason I used Acc Tinhaspa as an example was that it seems to be by far the most popular choice and it's better for a Delve centric mnk.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-18 02:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can double check by looking at the spreadsheet I did for Min vs Mad

Your analysis assumes Focus will be up 100% of the time since you changed how it works in the data tab, it doesn't matter that on the main page you have it toggled off, its still treating it as if its on. With just focus(enhanced with Anchorite for 37), you are at 93.5%, which is close in all fairness. Once focus falls off, if you use Aggressor during its downtime you'll only be at 87.5%. Since focus only lasts 2 minutes your set actually has you going a good amount of time uncapped on Tojil. You're kind of close to cap with Focus, but only "truly"(and well over) cap with both Focus and Aggressor.

Edit: Assuming no outside Acc buffs like you suggest. Your spreadsheet also seems to be giving you an additional 16 accuracy compared to mine for no reason(sets match, and acc/dex totals from set match), so I'm not sure what else you may have changed.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-18 02:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
You can double check by looking at the spreadsheet I did for Min vs Mad

Your analysis assumes Focus will be up 100% of the time since you changed how it works in the data tab, it doesn't matter that on the main page you have it toggled off, its still treating it as if its on. With just focus(enhanced with Anchorite for 37), you are at 93.5%, which is close in all fairness. Once focus falls off, if you use Aggressor during its downtime you'll only be at 87.5%. Since focus only lasts 2 minutes your set actually has you going a good amount of time uncapped on Tojil. You're kind of close to cap with Focus, but only "truly"(and well over) cap with both Focus and Aggressor.

Edit: Assuming no outside Acc buffs like you suggest.
That is very weird I didn't know Focus would stay on when untoggled, I just wanted to change it to reflect a 37 Focus. Back when I was originally doing the numbers though I used 93.5% hit rate and was still getting a better DPS number than a 95% with Madrigal hit rate. I also used a Qaaxo Body instead of Thaumas Body run, and a 30 acc focus run, and found all of them to favor non use of Madrigal. You could easily add Qaaxo body in that set and overcap without any trouble with any buffs, Anchorite+1 head, or Focus Job Points without losing much DPS at all. Or you could use Qaaxo Body when aggressor is up, and Thaumas when Focus is up. However you are correct that I *** it up and I can't even figure out how to fix it so focus isn't on.
Edit: Other than Focus the only thing I can remember changing was changing Otronif gear to reflect my own augments, none of which include acc.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-18 03:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I agree at 93.5% your close enough probably within sample error anyways, but obviously starts to become a problem when once the fight takes longer than 2 minutes. Like you said though not like you need to switch around a bunch of ***to make it work, and Qaaxo is pretty good for its defensive purposes anyways.

Also, this will do what you're looking for :

=IF(Setup!F5=1,37,0)
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-18 03:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Try #2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3yQ8T0J2_chcnNpbHBiM3RwUzg/edit?usp=sharing downloaded the spreadsheet again so I couldn't have *** it up, didn't even change the gear to put in Otronif augments.

This one should be more accurate using only Aggressor, substituting in Qaaxo Body for Thaumas to cap acc absolutely. Also the defense down was wrong on the first one. Finally changed songs to +3 instead of +4 since that is probably more typical.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-06-18 05:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
So, situational issues with weaponskills.

I charted up some comparisons of various H2H weaponskills. Note that these comparisons are fairly limited -- there's no DA/TA/QA, no gorgets, and no optimized gear per weaponskill (they all use the same stats). Crit rates are also approximated, since it was already getting complicated for just a rough comparison.

In any case, these are the results I came up with as TP increased from 1000 to 3000, at various cRatios:

Results:

At 3000 TP and capped attack, Raging Fists wins over everything (except possibly FW Tornado Kick)

At 1.75 cRatio, Raging Fists and Howling Fist are pretty much on par. Below that, Howling Fist wins.

Smite and Shijin are only competitive right at 1000 TP. At 1400+, several other options beat them.

Below 1.5 cRatio, Howling Fist tends to win even when close to 1000 TP.

At very low cRatios (0.5), Smite and Ascetic's win out at low to mid TP levels.

Asuran is steadily middle of the pack at all TP levels, but if the extra accuracy it provides is useful, it will likely beat out most others, at least below 2000 TP.

At capped attack, Raging Fists at 2000 TP is about 30% above Smite at 1000 TP. At 3000 TP it's about twice as much damage as Smite at 1000 TP. Not enough of a gain to be worth deliberately holding TP, but if you do end up with higher TP, definitely switch weaponskills (barring skillchain opportunities).

Howling Fist in a reive when you get 3000 TP is probably good for 6000 damage. Raging Fists on a heavily debuffed mob has the highest potential damage, north of 8000.

I suspect there's going to be similar comparative issues with other weapon types, but it's a fair bit of work. I'll leave it to others for the most part.
Why cant I see spoiler?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-18 05:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause he probably copy/pasted from his post on bg. It's just graphs anyway.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-18 11:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Why cant I see spoiler?

Actually, I have no idea; it's not working for me, either. It's using the [ spoiler ] bbcode tag that ffxiah forums use, and I made sure the [ img ] tags are formatted properly, and there are no other tags inside.

Interestingly, the spoiler toggle works perfectly fine when I'm editing/previewing the post, but completely fails when actually posted. Forum bug?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-18 12:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a forum bug.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2014-06-18 12:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a chance to make a raging or howling fist set yet?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-18 12:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Got rid of the spoiler tags so people can actually see the images.

For Howling/Raging, I've set mine up as:

ItemSet 324993 ItemSet 324994

Almost the same, just changing the legs and feet. Used Manibozho legs and Daihanshi feet for Howling Fist since it has a much stronger Dex component. The Quiahuiz legs are augmented with 8 str.

There's a fair number of options that are all pretty close to the above gear. For example, Felistris Mask is nearly identical to Whirlpool for Howling Fist (though falls behind for Raging Fists). I made a couple personal judgement calls for them.

Edit: Oh, and these were built on the assumption that they were being used at around 150 TP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-18 14:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kinda crazy, going back to raging fists being the best ws, and howling fist, wow. it's like rampage circa 2004.

So there's kinda no use for shijin anymore, aside from the nifty plague.
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-06-18 15:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For dps does smite seem viable still considering am?
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-06-18 17:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugman said: »
For dps does smite seem viable still considering am?

This is my take on this:

If you are consistent about WS at 1000 (100%) use VS

If you are lazy or get multiattack going slightly past 1000 (100%) or have Moonshade use Howling fist for uncapped attack situations or Raging Fist if you are nearing attack cap.

Also if you hundred fist or Formless (building tp) and don't want to WS due to a drop in DPS and you are getting 200+ using Raging in high attack/mob debuffed situations or Howling Fist if not.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-06-19 08:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas dethroned by Oneiros ring? Since can max hp and mp merits now; should always be able to have latent active
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-19 14:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Rajas dethroned by Oneiros ring? Since can max hp and mp merits now; should always be able to have latent active

For mnk, they're nearly identical. When overall DPS is in the 650-750 range (ie: what I have set up at the moment), changing from Rajas to Oneiros shifts DPS anywhere from -2 DPS to +2 DPS. Hesy legs devalue it somewhat, and tend to put it in the -2 to +0 range. fStr rounding can boost Oneiros by +2 DPS.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-19 14:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Though victory smite isnt the prfered ws under some situations, giving up skillchain light propertie isnt a lost of total dps in the end?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-19 14:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Though victory smite isnt the prfered ws under some situations, giving up skillchain light propertie isnt a lost of total dps in the end?

Good question, since skillchains aren't getting resisted anymore.

Answer: Maybe. Light is 100%, while Fusion (liquification>Howling/Raging) would be 60% and a T1 skillchain would be 50%.

If Smite was 1000 dmg + 1000 Light, the others would need to do 1250 base damage with a T2 skillchain, or 1333 damage with a T1 skillchain, to have the same total damage. So, +25% or +33% weaponskill damage.

For the charts I gave above, Raging Fists manages that at 190-210 TP on the capped attack chart (where Howling would need 250-280 TP), and both manage at around 210-230 on the 1.75 cRatio chart. Would need 220-240 at 1.5 cRatio, and 250-280 at 1.0 cRatio.

So, if you can skillchain either way, but have the option of Light with Smite, add 50 to 100 TP to your minimum desired TP for the other two to surpass Smite's total damage. Would also be roughly the same if you can do Frag with Smite but can't skillchain at all with the other two.

Then there's the possibility of opening skillchains for others. For example, a thf doing Rudra's Storm can close Distortion off of Smite and do similar damage to Smite closing Light. However neither Howling nor Raging can skillchain with Rudra's. Be interesting to compare Asuran > Rudra's for Darkness with Smite > Rudra's for Distortion, though.

Edit: Yeah, Asuran > Rudra's for Darkness should significantly outdo Smite > Rudra's for Distortion. Probably somewhere in the 1k-2k range.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-19 15:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK has skillchain bonus too doesn't it?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-19 15:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but... Hm.. Was going to say it wouldn't affect their relative standings, but it's probably better if I actually show the math to see.

Skillchain bonus: 12%

Smite + Light = 1000 + 1120 = 2120

To match that with Raging/Howling:
Raging + Fusion = 1268 + 851 = 2119
Raging + Impaction = 1359 + 761 = 2120

So need +27% to +36% weaponskill damage.

That's 190-210 TP at capped attack, 220-230 at 1.75, 260-290 at 1.0.

So a small bit more difficult to match, yes.
By pchan 2014-06-19 16:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing happened. Victory smite or bust.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-19 17:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Nothing happened. Victory smite or bust.

This ought to be good.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-19 22:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay just finished a Tojil run with the following impression, VS still reigns supreme for normal fights, however I opened each fight with raging fists saving tp from my final add each time. Watching TP closely in case I messed up or got some like 6-8 hit round and has lots of overflow tp and used raging fists. I avg'd 8-11k on my opening WS for each NM, and used after hundred fists wore for like 7k I think just using my regular WS. Other than that when I used in overflow TP I think i was hitting like 5-6k with it. I however do not have moonshade earring so that is a huge change for that. Just my personal experience with it. Howling fists did not impress me.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-19 22:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think people took Mote's original statement the wrong way, even though he said its probably wouldn't be worth saving TP in the middle of a fight for, only if you get heavy overflow that's out of your control. Most of the time you're probably going to get Smite off before another WS would become favorable anyways.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 363 364 365