First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 363 364 365
 Carbuncle.Dagget
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-06-06 17:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time you shouldn't be using Madrigal on Tojil is:
1) DDs are using some sort of acc food (aka Riverfin Soup)
2) You can kill Tojil in ~2Min (fulltime Focus/Aggressor/Impetus)
3) You don't have a Ghorn BRD or a BRD with 4 Songs (CC'd)

The first two conditions are rarely met by 95% of groups and having only a 2 song non-ghorn brd is inexcusable considering how easy it is to get a 3rd song.

RCB + Mad will give more ATT/ACC than Sushi+Minuet3 or 4
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-06 17:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Except you don't need Madrigal or Sushi to easily cap accuracy on Tojil with current gear.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dagget
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-06-06 17:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Except you don't need Madrigal or Sushi to easily cap accuracy on Tojil with current gear.
Sacrificing DPS sure.

For optimal DPS you do.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-06 18:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dagget said: »
Sacrificing DPS sure.

For optimal DPS you do.
Maybe in a perfect world where everyone has two pairs of Tinhaspa. Assuming Accuracy Tinhaspa which seems to be the popular option right now for most people you only need to equip Hesychast+1 hands and Honed Tathlum ontop of the optimal non-accuracy TP gear in order to cap on Tojil without madrigal (alternating Focus and Haste). I actually kind of doubt that switching those two slots would legitimately give you more damage than Minuet though it may, by a very small margin.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-06 18:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I easily cap acc on Tojil with no Madrigals or acc food, and I don't even use acc-heavy gear in head, hands, legs, feet slots (where there are plenty of acc alternatives if you did need them). Whoever says you need Madrigals or sushi (much less wasting gil on Riverfin Soup for TOJIL hahahahaha) is smoking crack.

I use RCB and the below gear. Tinhaspa and Qaaxo Body are Acc path, Otronif+1 hands are Crit+2 .
ItemSet 324550
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-06 18:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 324523
That is the set I am looking at for Acc capping on Tojil without Madrigal with very minimal changes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dagget
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-06-06 18:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sacrificing DPS sure.

For optimal DPS you do.
Maybe in a perfect world where everyone has two pairs of Tinhaspa. Assuming Accuracy Tinhaspa which seems to be the popular option right now for most people you only need to equip Hesychast+1 hands and Honed Tathlum ontop of the optimal non-accuracy TP gear in order to cap on Tojil without madrigal (alternating Focus and Haste). I actually kind of doubt that switching those two slots would legitimately give you more damage than Minuet though it may, by a very small margin.

You also need to swap Thaumas (or Tantra) <-> Qaaxo
and a bunch of WS swaps for more ACC.
However, I'll give you the margin in very very minute (for path B Tinhaspa)

Edit: Not to mention any time you have a R/E/M an impetus set or especially a melee cor, no madrigal hurts even more.

Semantics are semantics I suppose. as the sets without an impetus set are very very close
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-06 18:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sacrificing DPS sure.

For optimal DPS you do.

That isn't true, look at the set I posted above. Has capped acc without Qaaxo body, you don't really need to do in major WS swaps either. Also I put it in the spreadsheet just for fun, March Minx2 with my set is around 20 more DPS than March Min Mad with Otro+1 gloves and Ginsen.

Replying to the edit: R/E/M might change this and make Madrigal worth it but honestly it's by such a small margin and MOST people will have Tinhaspa anyways. As with anything ***is very situational and the other DDs gear will change results much more than your gear for this kind of thing.
 Carbuncle.Dagget
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-06-06 18:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sacrificing DPS sure.

For optimal DPS you do.

That isn't true, look at the set I posted above. Has capped acc without Qaaxo body, you don't really need to do in major WS swaps either. Also I put it in the spreadsheet just for fun, March Minx2 with my set is around 20 more DPS than March Min Mad with Otro+1 gloves and Ginsen.

Replying to the edit: R/E/M might change this and make Madrigal worth it but honestly it's by such a small margin and MOST people will have Tinhaspa anyways. As with anything ***is very situational and the other DDs gear will change results much more than your gear for this kind of thing.

My numbers show needing Qaaxo Harness (which isn't a terrible swap dps and defense wise) unless both Focus and Aggressor are up with the set you posted.

As you said everything is based on the situation and a good DD will have the needed gear/food to adapt.

Edit/Disclaimer: My numbers assume you swap into an impetus set for Impetus (making ACC swaps impractical)
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-06 18:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't need Qaaxo Harness, although even if you did it wouldn't change anything much. Like you said Qaaxo is already pretty amazing.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-06 18:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As for Thaumas/Qaaxo, I use Qaaxo on current high end content primarily for the much better defense/PDT. Unless I reeeeeealy trust the WHM and also know I won't be 1-shotted, I'd rather make my WHM's life easier in exchange for the minor hit to DPS. If I'm dead, that's 0 DPS.

And guys... you don't need to get validation from a spreadsheet to check your Accuracy. Just, you know, GO FIGHT TOJIL and parse it yourself with your own party, buffs, other gear, etc. It's really not that hard to cap MNK acc with RCB on Tojil, play around a bit. If you end up parsing a fight and your MNK had 91% accuracy, that should not be the difference in winning and losing. Just swap in a little more Acc.

I don't remember my /checkparam Acc for my Acc-capped sets, but will post after checking in-game it if I remember.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-06 19:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya clearly there is something wrong with how people are expecting his evasion. I never have a problem capping acc with rcb, and haven't used madrigals in ages... I use a similar set to Failaras and again have no issues with this. I could see this being an issue with bee, but I don't really use mnks on bee when I go so meh...
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2014-06-06 22:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Coming back after a long outing(and even then was RARELY playing at the time)

Anything I need to make a priority?

Walked out with Oatixurs, and some of the capped delve gear at the time. I probably have some catch up to do, but shouldn't be too bad off starting.

Also, is Toci's worth anything anymore? Tired of fighting Pil lol

I may not be the best person to answer this, but I've also come back recently, and I'd go after Tinhaspa (path A or B, I went with A personally), Hesychast Gloves +1, Lithelimb Cap, Felistris Mask, Qaaxo body (probably path B), Qaaxo feet path C (mainly for Smite/Shijin) and/or B, and Hesychast Hose +1 / Anch. Gaiters +1 to make kick attacks relevant. Cetl Belt's nice too for an Impetus up set. Might also help to run through Skirmish 2/3 for otronif gear, but that'll get costly fast with augments.

Honestly, the gear from Delve 1 has held up well stat-wise (can still see cases where mani gear excels on the spreadsheet, and Oats still has its uses), but accuracy and survivability has become more important. And for that reason (among others), Toci's is definitely not usable. Mine has been in storage for quite some time.
By dragomair 2014-06-06 23:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jrpg said: »

Walked out with Oatixurs, and some of the capped delve gear at the time. I probably have some catch up to do, but shouldn't be too bad off starting.

I may not be the best person to answer this, but I've also come back recently, and I'd go after Tinhaspa (path A or B, I went with A personally), Hesychast Gloves +1, Lithelimb Cap, Felistris Mask, Qaaxo body (probably path B), Qaaxo feet path C (mainly for Smite/Shijin) and/or B, and Hesychast Hose +1 / Anch. Gaiters +1 to make kick attacks relevant. Cetl Belt's nice too for an Impetus up set. Might also help to run through Skirmish 2/3 for otronif gear, but that'll get costly fast with augments.

Honestly, the gear from Delve 1 has held up well stat-wise (can still see cases where mani gear excels on the spreadsheet, and Oats still has its uses), but accuracy and survivability has become more important. And for that reason (among others), Toci's is definitely not usable. Mine has been in storage for quite some time.

Iqabi necklace and whirlpool mask might also be wanted.
By Toxiccreep 2014-06-08 14:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

dragomair said: »

Why would you use Iqabi in contrast to Ej Necklace?
By Pantafernando 2014-06-08 14:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Toxiccreep said: »

$$$
[+]
By dragomair 2014-06-08 23:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

$$$

^ That.
[+]
By Toxiccreep 2014-06-09 02:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehm, I didn't realize there was a big concern about wealth limitations in this thread, i mean, it was centered around a top of the line gear setup, i can see not spending 30+M on the +1 for 1 accuracy, but 2M (at least on my server) for the Ej necklace is pretty reasonable, in my opinion.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-09 02:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

3m is half a day of casual gilmaking
By dragomair 2014-06-09 03:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehm, I didn't realize there was a big concern about wealth limitations in this thread, i mean, it was centered around a top of the line gear setup, i can see not spending 30+M on the +1 for 1 accuracy, but 2M (at least on my server) for the Ej necklace is pretty reasonable, in my opinion.

Iqabi is more of a quick fix.
Also, you'd be surprised how many people still use peacocks.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-06-10 06:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Good looking out on Lithelimb cap. Looks like it's equal to PDT Qaaxo mask (got last night), so that'll save plasm there. That said, doesn't look like Qaaxo mask is worth using for DD either, unless I'm missing something.

For acc build, can use whirlpool. Tiger mask thingie for DD?

Qaaxo feet (got a pair last night) worth upgrading in the acc/pdt path for situations where acc and/or pdt needed and using over the af shoes? and then af shoes for situations where acc is good?

Going to go with upgrading relic hands first; seems like the largest upgrade at the moment for me. Should be able to 109 them at least today.

Killed NM for Qaaxo Harness, but no drop. Have KI though. Worth picking up now or waiting until I get it to drop? (and same question for the new delve h2h)
By Pantafernando 2014-06-10 06:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Good looking out on Lithelimb cap. Looks like it's equal to PDT Qaaxo mask (got last night), so that'll save plasm there. That said, doesn't look like Qaaxo mask is worth using for DD either, unless I'm missing something.

Qaaxo feet (got a pair last night) worth upgrading in the acc/pdt path for situations where acc and/or pdt needed and using over the af shoes? and then af shoes for situations where acc is good?

Going to go with upgrading relic hands first; seems like the largest upgrade at the moment for me. Should be able to 109 them at least today.

Killed NM for Qaaxo Harness, but no drop. Have KI though. Worth picking up now or waiting until I get it to drop? (and same question for the new delve h2h)

If youre farming the nms inside fracture, is worth waiting it to drop. If its outside, better just buy it with plasm.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-06-10 07:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Farmed inside last night, but I think ls was just doing it to get me and one other guy clears. Looks like they don't do the Khimera zone for farming (I think the tree zone is their farming one); I'll have to confirm when I get on tonight. Only been back a couple of days
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-06-10 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a guide, not a "this is best in slot" thread. There have been dozens of posts along the lines of "get X for now until you can afford Y."
Especially where it concerns returning players - most of them aren't swimming in gil.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-10 14:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lithlimb is also a pretty good acc head if you don't need the full acc from Whirlpool, grants PDT while keeping acc also. Qaaxo feet are by far worth upgrading, probably the best Qaaxo piece to upgrade actually, there are very few accuracy options for the feet (in fact before Qaaxo people reccomended Daihanshi which don't even have acc on them just a lot of DEX). I bought the Qaaxo harness/Tinhaspa because like said above, Kamihr Delve is probably the least done zone for pugs.

Quote:
I don't see how it hurts to mention Iqabi, but also say Ej is better. Both are an option, the difference is pretty minimal, get whichever one you want.
By Toxiccreep 2014-06-11 15:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose i mention it the way i did because I felt the premise of this guide in general was to be more best-in slot oriented. In all honesty, that's really what I want it to be (and thought it was), Of course I only recently started reading through it a little.

No doubt its difficult to make a best in slot thread when the game is changing constantly, but eyeballing stats doesn't work as well as running the numbers, which I don't have any real interest in doing most of the time. :X
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-11 19:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So question about looking at Acc for WS sets. I mean I would assume you would be looking to be around the same as your tp sets (so in the case I am looking at like 900) or am I wrong here. My question would be for victory smite.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-06-12 10:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What legs should I use for high level content when I need acc and/or hybrid, qaaxo path b? Looks like Manibozho are 19 acc as well counting dex.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-06-12 17:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably Manizohbo, you gain more Accuracy and more Attack using them. Qaaxo you only really gain a few STR and the -3% PDT. Personally I leave legs as one of the last things I change and would rather change slots like Ammo, Back, Waist, ect.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-06-12 21:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So you use relic +1?
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 363 364 365