Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 363 364 365
By fillerbunny9 2014-04-30 20:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hat from Hurkan is the most immediate thing that comes to mind for Smite. I believe it is also still preferable for TP if you can do without the accuracy from Whirlpool Mask and are lacking Felistris Mask.

edit: Also, upgrading your AF Body or Qaaxo Harness for WS
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-04-30 21:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

rancorous mantle + gorget or nefarious for VS
get anchorite gaiters +1 for tp, manibozho suck
By Malebolge 2014-05-01 17:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If I already have Anch+1 and Thaumas, I should make Qaaxo Body path B, right?
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-05-04 13:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont see it anywhere but there is argument in ls about kick attacks from hesy hose being + to rate or not? And this does make them the top notch legs correct?
By fillerbunny9 2014-05-05 13:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kick Attacks from Melee Hose was always proc rate. while it is possible that they changed it around on the 109/119, I find that highly unlikely.

edit: as for whether they are best or not is going to be highly dependent on whether you can afford the accuracy loss of switching to those coupled with what buffs you are getting. for any sort of fodder they should be best provided you are also pairing with Anch. Gaiters to make kick damage somewhat less irrelevant.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-05-05 14:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
rancorous mantle + gorget or nefarious for VS
get anchorite gaiters +1 for tp, manibozho suck
I thought buquwik cape+rancor collar was optimal for vs? Been a few updates since I played with spreadsheet.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-05-05 14:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

it might be? probably for harder stuff. i imagine the difference isn't that big
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-05-05 15:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Kick Attacks from Melee Hose was always proc rate. while it is possible that they changed it around on the 109/119, I find that highly unlikely.

edit: as for whether they are best or not is going to be highly dependent on whether you can afford the accuracy loss of switching to those coupled with what buffs you are getting. for any sort of fodder they should be best provided you are also pairing with Anch. Gaiters to make kick damage somewhat less irrelevant.
What would be the acc+ change? I would make the change of something else first bc you dont get much acc off legs.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-05 19:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Legs +1 be worth it just for the TP gain if nothing else?
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-05-05 20:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Wouldn't Legs +1 be worth it just for the TP gain if nothing else?
Thats what I was saying ya lol
 Phoenix.Quilava
Server: Phoenix
user: hellcatt
By Phoenix.Quilava 2014-05-09 11:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone mind posting a more recent updated low-high acc situation sets for tp and WS for me plz idk that itll matter but with spharai
thank you in advance
By Primal623 2014-05-09 16:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Take whatever your current TP set is, and substitute Qaaxo B parts in until you hit your desired Acc rate.
 Asura.Yamoman
Server: Asura
user: Yamoman
By Asura.Yamoman 2014-05-11 15:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

In The Middle Of ReGearing Mnk, Can Someone Post Ideal Sets For VS SS And TP Assuming Playing The High Level Content Like Delve 2 And D And Vd AA Fights? Was Reading The Guide But The Gear In Post Is Way Outdate.Thx In advance
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-11 16:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideal sets are going to hinge exclusively on the buffs you have and the target. Outside of R15 Tinhapsa, sets are incredibly variable.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-05-14 10:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i just question about de chakra boost value
i read x4 with all item but i have 262 VIT and i do 1084HP chakra.
262*4=1048

so what make the 36 hp difference ?

set i use:
ItemSet 323597 VIT262 (104+158)
best set is:
ItemSet 323596 VIT263 (104+160)
 Carbuncle.Sisko
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-05-14 10:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's something related to 2² base.
262*4 would then not be perfectly accurate.

1084/262=4.137

So try and remove your earrings and rings.

You would then get 240Vit

240*4.137 should give you 992 or 993 hp back.

If not, then I'm completly and totaly wrong.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-05-14 11:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm gonna try that, thx for reply dude ;)
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-05-14 11:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

PDT cap > Mask by 1 vit.
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-05-14 11:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
i just question about de chakra boost value
i read x4 with all item but i have 262 VIT and i do 1084HP chakra.
262*4=1048

so what make the 36 hp difference ?

Body and gloves provide values that are multipliers against the base Chakra multiplier (which is 2.0).

Body +1 is +62 to Chakra. Hands +1 is +45 to Chakra. Total is +107, which is 1.07.

So, 2.0 * (1 + 1.07) = 4.14

262 vit * 4.14 = 1,084.68, floored to 1084.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-05-14 11:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
PDT cap > Mask by 1 vit.
ho yeah great :)

thx a lot Motenten for this great explanation !
 Carbuncle.Dagget
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-05-14 13:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ptica Headgear looks like it will replace whirpool for an acc piece as well as a smite piece if you need accuracy.(yay...)
 Bismarck.Zerothehero
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zerothehero 2014-05-20 23:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for some gear advice. Right now I'm struggling to join Delves because I don't have very good gear. I'm working on Spharai, but that's going to be a few months, and I'm not sure what to do in the mean time. I've got a full NQ Hesychast set, Qaaxo Harness and Manibozho Brais, Bladeborn/Steelflash earring, Epona's/Rajas rings, Windbuffet belt, and Atheling mantle.

I'm looking for a general purpose set of gear I can use for AAs and Delves. Once I get a good TP set and a good WS set, it seems like all I'd have to do after that is expand on my options for higher or lower acc. There are some easy additions I can make. I just got a Qaaxo harness, and I have enough plasm to grab a Honed Tathlum. Anyone got some advice on what my next steps should be?
 Carbuncle.Dagget
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-05-21 00:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

R15 Qaaxo body (only slightly worse than thaumas) Hesy legs +1 and otronif hands +1 anch feet +1 and Hurkan head are easy cheap upgrades
By fillerbunny9 2014-05-21 17:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

you mention working on Spharai but not what H2H you are currently using. at this point, there are plenty of stopgaps that are workable, Eminient Baghnaks/Nyepel should be feasible depending on your gil, and it is questionable if Nyepel would even be worth the expense at this point with your final plans. you'll want to do Skirmish to start getting Otronif items to augment for when you need to turtle up, as well.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-21 18:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to focus in accuracy because any high level content is evasive. Ninzas +2 can get good acc numbers, just behind tinhaspa, with dex and acc augments. Anguinus belt, ejekamal mask (if you dont have whirlpool), letalis mantle or anchorite mantle, peacock charm/ziel charm/ej necklace for meck, should add 40+ acc for your set.
By Zephin 2014-05-21 19:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Tinhaspa Acc path B = +41 acc -10 att compared to oatixur.
Tinhaspa are +2 dmg over Oatixur as well.

By comparison focus is +20 acc.

edit: +41 acc
 Bismarck.Zerothehero
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zerothehero 2014-05-22 12:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you mention working on Spharai but not what H2H you are currently using. at this point, there are plenty of stopgaps that are workable, Eminient Baghnaks/Nyepel should be feasible depending on your gil, and it is questionable if Nyepel would even be worth the expense at this point with your final plans. you'll want to do Skirmish to start getting Otronif items to augment for when you need to turtle up, as well.
Well, I was originally going to shoot for Oatixur, but at this point I think I might as well just finish my Relic. I can't handle Tojil yet, anyway. So I'm just using Eminent Baghnakhs for now. I can run Skirmish easily though, so I can definitely get the Otronif set. But I haven't figured out how to +1 them. That's a more recent thing, right? That's why I'm having difficulty reading the gear guides on the first post, I think a lot of gear has been upgraded since then, and I don't know what is better than what, now.

Pantafernando said: »
Need to focus in accuracy because any high level content is evasive. Ninzas +2 can get good acc numbers, just behind tinhaspa, with dex and acc augments. Anguinus belt, ejekamal mask (if you dont have whirlpool), letalis mantle or anchorite mantle, peacock charm/ziel charm/ej necklace for meck, should add 40+ acc for your set.
I plan on grabbing an ej necklace soon, but part of my difficulties with accuracy are that I don't know how much i'll need. I ran an SKCNM20 a while back on Difficult and I could barely hit the mob even with sole sushi. Can you give me any idea of what kind of acc I should be aiming for, before buffs?

And should I upgrade my Qaaxo on att/eva/double attack path, or acc/str/pdt? Thanks for the other gear suggestions, i'll look into them as well.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-22 12:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zerothehero said: »
Well, I was originally going to shoot for Oatixur, but at this point I think I might as well just finish my Relic. I can't handle Tojil yet, anyway. So I'm just using Eminent Baghnakhs for now. I can run Skirmish easily though, so I can definitely get the Otronif set. But I haven't figured out how to +1 them. That's a more recent thing, right? That's why I'm having difficulty reading the gear guides on the first post, I think a lot of gear has been upgraded since then, and I don't know what is better than what, now.

Pantafernando said: »
I plan on grabbing an ej necklace soon, but part of my difficulties with accuracy are that I don't know how much i'll need. I ran an SKCNM20 a while back on Difficult and I could barely hit the mob even with sole sushi. Can you give me any idea of what kind of acc I should be aiming for, before buffs?

And should I upgrade my Qaaxo on att/eva/double attack path, or acc/str/pdt? Thanks for the other gear suggestions, i'll look into them as well.

Ive been multiboxing skcnm difficult, and the gear i said, plus manibozho i the others slots, my mules are hitting 920 acc with ionis, plus hunters roll, and they dont have problems with acc in skcnm difficult (i need a parser to check how good they are). Buffs are chaos, hunter, marchx2 and minuet. Food is bison steak. Rotate focus and aggressor.
I read in other post saying the top acc gear for a mnk should be around 940-960, so this is what you should aim for with whirlpool mask, tinhaspa fully augmented and some qaaxo gear.

Personally, if i need to augment anything for mnk, it would be for acc. Losing multi hits, att or dmg wont really hurt even in easier events, but lack of accuracy will make you useless in majority of situations in current endgame. So, personally, i prefer losing some parse, but to be relevant in every endgame event mnk can join. You just wont need acc for skirmshes, tojil, dakuwaqa, normal skcnm and easy high battlefield. Even cp party in woh gates (mobs ilv125) is a pain if i dont go with madrigal and hunters.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-05-26 03:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back from a 9 month hiatus a week ago and have started gathering info on all the new content, and of course how to get my monk on par with current gear and content.
I am about to 119 my Spharai (110 Plutons to go), farming Eminence sparks to upgrade my AF/Relic gear to 119 and have unlocked Smite.

I am however a bit lost as to what is the general BiS right now for the different situations considering the gearsets on the first page haven't been updated in nearly half a year, how relevant are the sets still?
What items should I be aiming for first?

Any help is appreciated.

[edit]
To add, I have access to most, if not all content.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-05-26 11:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Questions like what is BiS are hard to answer because it really depends on factors like what events you want to do and what buffs you have. I'd recommend using a spreadsheet to really figure out what your personal BIS sets are. However some starting tips: a lot of the accessory slots haven't change much since the front page. For accuracy sets, Qaaxo is huge and getting that gear should be a high priority if you want to do content where you need accuracy on, feet and body are both amazing. Otronif is still applicable because of DT. Relic 119 Hands are good for Accuracy sets, 119 Relic legs + 119 AF feet are good for non accuracy sets. Most everything else on the frontpage is still applicable. The vsmite builds might have changed a bit to use less Otronif and such.
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 363 364 365