Link | Quote | Reply

I wish that's all it was. Lol
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-07-02 06:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Saberr said: »
hmm I would like to know a little more about tojil as well. Guide says 160, I've seen a lot of sets being used for win around 123-150. But now i'm being told my monk is too weak because i have less than 200 gear acc..... Idk how to even get 200 gear acc if even possible.

They might be overlooking the accuracy you are getting from Dex. Your base accuracy with maxed H2H merits and capped skill is 416, throw on another 50 or so from your base Dex (depending on race/merits) and you only need +160 from acc/dex in your TP set.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-07-03 03:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is the Hundred Fists set at? I am finally gonna be unlazy and make one, wondering what is mathematically the best possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lanien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tymon
By Quetzalcoatl.Lanien 2013-07-06 15:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

is it worth making a Lunge set if /RUN?

If /RUN is the go-to for Dakuwaqa and maybe Tojil as well, shouldn't it be a pretty decent idea?

What would the set be?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-07-06 15:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a Cataclysm set for Abyssea? Pretty much the same thing, aside from the weapon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2013-07-06 15:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Saberr said: »
hmm I would like to know a little more about tojil as well. Guide says 160, I've seen a lot of sets being used for win around 123-150. But now i'm being told my monk is too weak because i have less than 200 gear acc..... Idk how to even get 200 gear acc if even possible.

FFXI Calculator will calculate the accuracy you need for delve bosses if you input all your stats(I think you need 140ish accuracy I might be wrong.) Delve bosses are lvl 104 with 830 evasion btw.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-07-06 15:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said: »
Where is the Hundred Fists set at? I am finally gonna be unlazy and make one, wondering what is mathematically the best possible.

Essentially your TP gear. Manibozho boots are better if rank 15 and dDex isn't happening.

ItemSet 307116

Tantra Cyclas +2 is in some cases better than Thaumas Coat if Impetus is up..but you probably don't have to worry about that.
By Yandaime 2013-07-06 16:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Bismarck.Raistlinratt said: »

Essentially your TP gear. Manibozho boots are better if rank 15 and dDex isn't happening.

ItemSet 307116

Tantra Cyclas +2 is in some cases better than Thaumas Coat if Impetus is up..but you probably don't have to worry about that.

Yeah, I was about to say lol I have Tantra Body +2 winning in just about all situations when impetus is up according to the spreadsheets. Was eventually gonna ask why there wasn't an imp up and imp down set
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-06 21:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
Yeah, I was about to say lol I have Tantra Body +2 winning in just about all situations when impetus is up according to the spreadsheets. Was eventually gonna ask why there wasn't an imp up and imp down set

I have the same result, looked a lil more into it and here what I got:

If you use 25% haste gear, no haste samba, Tantra body+2/twilight belt(maybe something better?) win when impetus up compared to thaumas+windbuffet.

If you use haste samba(cor or drg/dnc could) I have thaumas+winbuffet always coming ahead of of tantra+2/twilight.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-06 21:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're talking about HF sets, Haste Samba is irrelevant(???)
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-06 22:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I have Tantra body+2 winning even when HF off if no haste samba with the current set posted on OP with windbuffet/thaumas.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-07-06 22:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep doin terrible, 52k behind top mnk and i ws soon as i have TP, hybrid set capped haste. tantra body with impetus up really that huge a difference? our gear is pretty mush the same so idk wth goin on to cause that huge a gap.
 Asura.Gabba
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2013-07-06 22:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The gap might be "experience" is not the same, ppl that have been playing mnk longtime, that others that wanna be mnk(or any other jab) just because got mega boss weapon.

And imo don't think impetus can make that deference 'coz a single miss reset it.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-07-06 23:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

not alot of exp in hitting a ws macro every time u get 100+ tp...its lag or something im using wrong/not using etc. wSing the same number of times just about. ws dmg is even, maby it is ust the tantra
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-07 01:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be your healer/support too, if all MNKs share the same gear and are decent players, not getting the right buffs, or getting rebuffed fast enough, whm slow on cures (spending more time on PDT/or dying) can make a difference too.

Edit: Filter your parse results w/o Matamata too, someone WSing more than the rest of the DDs pretty much pulls ahead of the rest.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-07-07 02:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
I keep doin terrible, 52k behind top mnk and i ws soon as i have TP, hybrid set capped haste. tantra body with impetus up really that huge a difference? our gear is pretty mush the same so idk wth goin on to cause that huge a gap.
Accuracy is a big factor that can cause those sorts of discrepancies, so keeping an eye on your acc% might be insightful. ie, having the same gear available is one thing, but your friend may be more dynamic with how he chooses his sets, such as switching to a higher acc set if buffs wear or get dispelled and switching back to a lower acc set if buffs are good. It's hard to do that if you aren't actively watching your accuracy while playing.
By pchan 2013-07-07 03:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if you build impetus before HF it makes a difference. Also berserk is a great difference. Otherwise I'd just say you suck. I see Natenn switched to mnk, hilarous.
By Yandaime 2013-07-07 05:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't be home for a few hours to give exact DPS values but I have only been checking vs Delve Fodder (I would use the bosses if I had the stats) and a full set of normal event buffs.

Haste
Double March
Double Minuet
WAR & DRK Rolls
Impetus + Berserk + Aggressor
Sole Sushi (I believe my Acc is capped on most Delve targets that I have fought but just to be safe)

As a note, I get Black Belt winning VS Twilight by like 4-6 DPS ○.○; (probably an fSTR issue). And my Crits reach the 700s VERY quickly during raids when impetus is up so right now I'm a believer in the +2 body.
(Good as long as ACC capped?)

Parse results are worthless but I'm consistently out parsing the other MNKs at events vs all *NORMAL* NMs (hitting 90,000s on Mata so he doesn't count) and My MNK is missing Usu Head/Hands and I'm still working on Let. Mantle.

I've been able to trust Monten's spreadsheet so far for my other jobs (I'm a WAR main but MNK is just a stronger job right now) and unless there's a flaw in how he has Tantra+2's effects, that body wins vs Thaumas in every case I've checked

EDIT*

We prefer to MNK flip Mata since it takes much less effort in case anyone was wondering

EDIT2*
In spreadsheet Tantra +2 wins by roughly 15-20 DPS I'm not home yet but I know it was a large difference when impetus up
By Yandaime 2013-07-07 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Back Home finally, yay!

OK, I ran Jinjo's Optimal TP set:

ItemSet 291929

DPS Value: 1150.809

VS My Tantra+2 "Optimal" Variant:

ItemSet 291710

DPS Value: 1175.741

--Rancor Collar is a SERIOUS HAZARD in Delve but it has a whopping 8.839 DPS Advantage over Asperity in Optimal Conditions (only 2-3 DPS gain in less than Optimal) So its definitely risky but offers some serious damage.

Using This Shijin Spiral Set in both WS sets:

ItemSet 307196

--Same as Jinjo's set but Thurandaut Hands beat Myrmex by 4 DPS under optimal conditions
--Same as Jinjo's set but Rajas Ring Ties with Thundersoul under Optimal conditions and outperforms Thundersoul in less than Optimal conditions (probably fSTR). Also, it's free and Inv. Space +1 :P

=================================================================================================================

Target: Delve Fodder (I would like to run spreads against bosses but I can't seem to find the stats :< )

Food: Sole Sushi (Not even with Soul Voice Madrigal can I get a positive DPS with Red Curry Bun :< )

Job Buffs: Impetus + Berserk + Aggressor (Dunno about you guys but I tie all 3 into the same macro)

Spell Buffs: Haste + Boost-DEX (Boost-DEX has a 4 DPS Advantage over Boost-STR if anyone were curious. I would still recommend Boost-STR tho because Boost-DEX really only benefits MNK and THF fully)

Song Buffs: March x2 + Minuet x2 + Madrigal x2 (All Songs +4)

Rolls: WAR and DRK

=================================================================================================================

Tantra Body set wins by 24.932 DPS and I think the Tantra set can be further enhanced by Augmented Byakko Haidate but I didn't think to check on it yet.

The Thaumas Body set would be the obvious Impetus down set tho :)

Edit: messed up the gearset brackets
Edit2: Just checked Byakko Haidate and Its not as good as Manibozho Legs, DPS drops to 1162.515 :/
Edit3: Forgot, I also have COR rolls in the Spreadsheet
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-07-07 15:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Accuracy is a big factor that can cause those sorts of discrepancies, so keeping an eye on your acc% might be insightful. ie, having the same gear available is one thing, but your friend may be more dynamic with how he chooses his sets, such as switching to a higher acc set if buffs wear or get dispelled and switching back to a lower acc set if buffs are good. It's hard to do that if you aren't actively watching your accuracy while playing.
My acc was 94%
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-07-07 15:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

same food as the other guy?
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-07-07 16:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Yea sole+1, gonna ry Mari pizza +1 next time. H2h is 8/8 and im at like +116 acc
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-07 16:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You just suck nate, accept it and level geo :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-07-07 16:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Parse and look at data? it tells you exactly why you lost. Less hits, less damage per hit, less ws's, less damage per ws, less crits, less dmg per crit?

Monk is one of the easiest DD jobs because a big chunk of your DMG just depends on you facing the mob in the proper gear (versus SAM, where its mostly about pressing buttons really fast). I think this is why people say it's "over powered", because even the noobs can get on the job and do decently without much effort, as long as they got carried to the clears/gear.
 Asura.Gabba
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2013-07-07 17:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

With all those buff, impetus is not game breaking.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-07-07 17:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Yea sole+1, gonna ry Mari pizza +1 next time. H2h is 8/8 and im at like +116 acc
That's likely it. I go Pizza+1 when 3 song/4song brd. RCB when two 4 song brds; have never had acc issues on Tojil. Swap to acc set for Eft/Turtle when ***starts getting dispelled.

Your other mnks were likely using DD food.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-07-10 14:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the whole thread, sometimes I wonder what the *** is wrong with some of the people that play this game. Anyway, for Mani legs, Path A? Seen a few suggest Path B and made me unsure.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-10 14:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Path B is ranged attack/AGI, sooooooooooo.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-10 14:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Well Path B is ranged attack/AGI, sooooooooooo.

Ratt help the bird part of shijin!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 363 364 365