First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 363 364 365
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-06-18 10:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
After reading this guide it seems that maxed out manibozho gear is tops for TP in most slots besides hands and body.. My question is Would path A be best for all the gear? When I consider my other jobs especially blue mage, the str and attack make me salvate....

I am perma Monk to tojil and I wonder if Dex path would be more beneficial any thoughts?

Do the DEX PATH!
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-06-18 11:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
By low buff you mean low attack, which happens a lot when I'm farming beads on kurma with mnkx3 whm sch brd for instance.

I see that's why you need berserk and give people advice like if everyone only play trio boxing stuff.

When giving advice for stuff like tojil, I think you should expect people to have enough buff/debuff/healing power to not having to full time pdt.
By pchan 2013-06-18 11:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea why beserk should only be used trio. Go back to your cave.
By Ravenn42 2013-06-18 11:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Ravenn42 said: »
After reading this guide it seems that maxed out manibozho gear is tops for TP in most slots besides hands and body.. My question is Would path A be best for all the gear? When I consider my other jobs especially blue mage, the str and attack make me salvate....

I am perma Monk to tojil and I wonder if Dex path would be more beneficial any thoughts?

Do the DEX PATH!

Awesome I feel stupid but still happy lol. I been doing dex on path on rigors 1st have not upgraded manibozho gear yet. Thanks for response
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-06-18 12:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
No idea why beserk should only be used trio. Go back to your cave.

ok, so berserk should be used when you have and ally that allow max buff/debuff ? make much more sense thank you.

My cave have oatixur and 70k plasm/45 min, does your still rock rigor ?
[+]
 Siren.Issac
Server: Siren
user: Issac
By Siren.Issac 2013-06-18 14:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 304918

My current set for delve.
R2 dex path Rigor
R3 Mani Head/Feet
R11 Mani Legs

Any suggestions to help me use RCB in plasm farms or should I drop some acc and use sushi?

I'm usually on bard in plasm farms but when I do get to go monk I always end up without a bard or corsair :(

Also, should have Thaumas Coat on Sunday. Need to find time to work on Usu pieces.
By fillerbunny9 2013-06-19 13:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno what the consensus is, but I use Marinara Pizza +1 for delve farms. it's cheap (people on Shiva are driving prices through the roof on Dragon Meat), has good duration, and offers a nice mix of benefits.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-06-19 14:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now, I'm using this set up. I'm able to cap acc on non NMs when alternating focus/agresssor for full time acc buff

Rigor Rank 2/empty/empty/Honed
Thurandaut/Asperity/Steelflash/Bladeborn
Thaumas/Melee+2/Epona/Rajas
Attacker's Mantle(doing meebles to upgrade though)/Black/Mani(rank 5)/Usu+1

I generally go with Bison Steak or Hedgehog Pie depending on which is cheaper at the time. I'll go to Aht Urhgan and get food sanction and eat it before warping back and going to the run. Provided you don't die, 6hr food.
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2013-06-19 17:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can probably drop the mantle for atheling and still cap.
[+]
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2013-06-19 17:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW Hedgehog pies are common from T5 daily reward. That, super reraisers and vile elixir +1s all I ever long for after doing that ***for so long.
[+]
 Asura.Stryger
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2013-06-20 21:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering about Formless Strikes.. for Tojil mainly, but, really for anything. (I've never done Tojil yet so i don't have any first hand i just know i need Formless 5/5.)

Would this set benefit more at all Vs. using Thaumas body or will the multi-attack from thaumas out perform the augmented body?

Formless/ACC set:
ItemSet 305158

Edit: I don't have any Usukane at the moment and sadly i don't think I'll be getting any in the near future, most of the people i played with before quit or took a break from the game. lol
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-20 21:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You do not need to (and should not) TP in relic +2 body. There is no dmg bonus on it. As such, normal TP sets are the way to go.
 Asura.Stryger
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2013-06-20 21:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it added a boost and you had to wear it.. must not have read it right then, thanks, this is why i ask before i assume.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-20 21:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a bit of confusion about it. Not your fault at all.
By Angeljcar 2013-06-21 12:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

innit said: »
Trying to gear monk geared with some delve pieces and was wondering if would it be benefical to Shijin Spiral in Temple Gloves +1 with the extra attack it gives boost? (Approximately 40 extra att over boosting in Melee gloves +2)

I guess ideally use Temple for boost then switch to myrmex? I don't really see how this is possible under higher buffs due to the insane attack speed.
It's not a very used method but when i would pull 15-30 mobs in abysea to counter tank them to death i would boost as often as possible. Boost is applied to all counters until you swing. So it can often be good for up to 30 counters if all the mobs successfully hit you and you were to counter all hits.

Edit: Its also pretty powerful for spinning attack since that boost will in turn amount to 10-30 weapon skills... but again, not a frequent situation by any means.
 Odin.Zelphes
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-06-21 13:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Stryger said: »
I thought it added a boost and you had to wear it.. must not have read it right then, thanks, this is why i ask before i assume.

Pretty sure Cyclas did boost Formless strike when worn beside extending duration when worn on activation. My guess is SE ninja-removed that effect around the time SoA was introduced.

Maybe SE felt Formless Strikes would be too powerful/easier to abuse for new delve content.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-06-21 14:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Asura.Stryger said: »

Pretty sure Cyclas did boost Formless strike when worn beside extending duration when worn on activation. My guess is SE ninja-removed that effect around the time SoA was introduced.

Maybe SE felt Formless Strikes would be too powerful/easier to abuse for new delve content.

From what I remember of the bg testing, it worked only on the test server, but was nerfed down once it went live on production servers.
By Yandaime 2013-06-25 06:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait, what's the deal? BG wiki says the Melee +2 body boosts the damage of formless strikes to 90% with 5/5 merits but after a lot of digging, I can't find out if I only need to have it on on activation or if it needs to stay on full time for that damage boost. So can someone please explain before I go about collecting the 50 forgotten hopes? Cuz if I have to wear the thing full time for the damage boost, it's not worth it.

Or does it not work at all? Was it a test server only kind of thing? I wanna more effectively demolish matamata and pretty much anything I put formless strikes on but its sounding like the body is a waste of time :<
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-06-25 06:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
So wait, what's the deal? BG wiki says the Melee +2 body boosts the damage of formless strikes to 90% with 5/5 merits but after a lot of digging, I can't find out if I only need to have it on on activation or if it needs to stay on full time for that damage boost. So can someone please explain before I go about collecting the 50 forgotten hopes? Cuz if I have to wear the thing full time for the damage boost, it's not worth it.

Or does it not work at all? Was it a test server only kind of thing? I wanna more effectively demolish matamata and pretty much anything I put formless strikes on but its sounding like the body is a waste of time :<

It simply extends duration when worn on activation now.
By Yandaime 2013-06-25 08:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Yandaime said: »

It simply extends duration when worn on activation now.

Boooo :< well glad I wont have to bother with it then lol
 Carbuncle.Broman
Server: Carbuncle
user: phenter
By Carbuncle.Broman 2013-06-26 11:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So this has probably been answered before for other stuff. But for delve NM boss runs(1-5/tojii or bee) should whm's be doing boost-dex or boost-str, assuming acc is being capped during runs with 4 song brd's and dex in tp gears being around 125 with solo sushi+1 on. That being said whm putting you around 150 dDex or doing boost-str, which is best?
 Siren.Hermaeus
Server: Siren
user: Hermaeus
By Siren.Hermaeus 2013-06-26 11:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have a monk hybrid hp set they would like to share? its for delve...lol
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-06-26 12:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Broman said: »
So this has probably been answered before for other stuff. But for delve NM boss runs(1-5/tojii or bee) should whm's be doing boost-dex or boost-str, assuming acc is being capped during runs with 4 song brd's and dex in tp gears being around 125 with solo sushi+1 on. That being said whm putting you around 150 dDex or doing boost-str, which is best?

We've always used boost-str, though I can't how thoroughly it was deliberated before going with that option. It should be easy enough to toggel it on the spreadsheet using your gearset and see which works best for you.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-06-26 13:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Hermaeus said: »
anyone have a monk hybrid hp set they would like to share? its for delve...lol

Not sure what you're looking for exactly, but these are the few hybrid sets I have:

50% PDT, 25% Haste
ItemSet 305758

42% PDT, 25% Haste, 97+ accuracy depending on Manibozho augments.
ItemSet 305760

HP/PDT (focuses on survival; only used for Lahar on Tojil, really). Thurandaut pieces are augmented.
ItemSet 305762

HP, 26% Haste, 99.5+ accuracy depending on Manibozho augments. Thurandaut Tabard is augmented. Haven't had a reason to use this set yet, but I haven't fought Bee or Shark yet.
ItemSet 305764

I welcome adjustments if anyone has any suggestions!
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-26 18:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

50%pdt, 26% mdt, 25% haste +104 acc. What I'm aiming to use.
ItemSet 304023
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-06-26 18:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have Haste on my Desultor Tassets. :(
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-26 19:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I'm still jelly at you for getting D Ring. up to 0/59 now; ;
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-27 08:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

looking at the tojil set in the guide, im guessing an assumed 160acc in the gear?
 Shiva.Saberr
Server: Shiva
user: saberr
By Shiva.Saberr 2013-07-01 23:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm I would like to know a little more about tojil as well. Guide says 160, I've seen a lot of sets being used for win around 123-150. But now i'm being told my monk is too weak because i have less than 200 gear acc..... Idk how to even get 200 gear acc if even possible.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-07-01 23:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Saberr said: »
hmm I would like to know a little more about tojil as well. Guide says 160, I've seen a lot of sets being used for win around 123-150. But now i'm being told my monk is too weak because i have less than 200 gear acc..... Idk how to even get 200 gear acc if even possible.

Sounds like overcompensating for lack of up-time on ACC-buffs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 363 364 365