Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 363 364 365
By Sandmaster 2015-10-29 08:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I find Abyssea is a good place for looking testing something like this.

1. Equip RR/GH Atma (can add another atma to hit the 100% crit rate if you so desire.

2. Unequip main-hand weapon.

Equip the feet you wish to test. Feet crits should be a visable ~300DMG more then H2H crits.

If there is no visible diffirence in Kick DMG to H2H DMG then you can conclude it infact only add's 100attack to Kick attack's and is Shite-itsu.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-10-29 15:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Glad to see everyone so enthusiastic about Aeonic weapons! I'd like to share some more exciting news.

To coincide with the implementation of Aeonic weapons, we will also be doing something for Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapons. We’ve kept you all waiting for a bit, but we will once again be making these weapons that hold a special place in your heart have an active role in battles. We’ll be announcing more details via topics and the forum soon.

Looks like we may be back in business
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-10-30 08:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Quote:
Glad to see everyone so enthusiastic about Aeonic weapons! I'd like to share some more exciting news.

To coincide with the implementation of Aeonic weapons, we will also be doing something for Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapons. We’ve kept you all waiting for a bit, but we will once again be making these weapons that hold a special place in your heart have an active role in battles. We’ll be announcing more details via topics and the forum soon.

Looks like we may be back in business
Hope so too Vegetto !

MNK has been Nerf so badly , nobody plays it anymore :(

It is sad because a PLD out DD a MNK nowdays -.-

VS 3-6 K with peeks of 8 K

Savage Blade 9~18 K >.>

The *** is wrong with MNK and Square Enix ; ;
By Sandmaster 2015-10-30 23:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt a PLD (unless he has a Burt) can reallky come close to MNK yet - we still a DoT job, with WS's being a source of additional dmg ^

I know people have their eyes and ears looking at how current REM's will get boosted (and I personally think they will get their DMG rating's increased to bring them more inline with current weapons.

I was also wondering who has 'Denouements'? How many goes and what setting it took for the drop (on my first go on NIN today on Easy setting the Terminal Plate dropped). The Plate just looks badass, togther with the Helm and H2H and we have a Mech Monk /stylelock.

They are what im after anyway - They walk all over the Emeici +1, and how often does Colossal Blow activate?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-30 23:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 Denouement 1st fight 1st day right after update, which I always assume gives best chance to get items that are super hard to get. Have had them drop 6 times since but did that fight solo (normal) low man (Diff) and full 6man on VD probably over 200 times since day 1.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-03 02:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandmaster said: »
I find Abyssea is a good place for looking testing something like this.

1. Equip RR/GH Atma (can add another atma to hit the 100% crit rate if you so desire.

2. Unequip main-hand weapon.

Equip the feet you wish to test. Feet crits should be a visable ~300DMG more then H2H crits.

If there is no visible diffirence in Kick DMG to H2H DMG then you can conclude it infact only add's 100attack to Kick attack's and is Shite-itsu.
I guess this test too can work, like the one I suggested before.

Did anybody get bored enough to perform either of these two tests and post the results?
If Shukuyu are DAMAGE+100 (not attack) or attack+100 plus hidden X+damage, they're totally gonna win over Sokushitsu.
Otherwise they won't.

Btw just noticed on the spreadsheet that Sokushitsu are closer to perf aug Taeon than I thought. Taeon basically get better when you need the acc.
That surprised me.
Bhikku+1 legs too are much better than I thought, better than perf aug taeon? Odd.

Not sure if MNK has access to better legs/feet slot from the Abj gear.
Looking at augmented NQ abjs, Ryuo, Rao and Adhemar doesn't really seem to be much better at first sight. (except for situations where you want loads of acc of course)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-05 19:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Atmas used: Dark Depths (crit+20%), Gnarled Horn (crit+20%), Razed Ruins (crit+30%)

Target: Shadow Lizards (Abyssea - Konschtat)

Base weaponless crit damage: ~235
Kick damage with Sokushitsu: ~575
Kick damage with Shukuyu: ~645

Are these numbers in line with what was expected?
Looks to me it's damage+100 and not attack +100?

About the "Footwork+15%" instead I only did some very limited tests.
From my tests it increases the kick attack damage by ~15%
My kicks were doing roughly 15% more damage with Footwork active and Shukuyu equipped.
It wasn't necessary to use the JA with them equipped, I used the JA with another feet and then swapped to Shukuyu, and I was still getting the increase.
I'm not sure how it works... is it just ~15% bonus damage added? Or is it 15% of that +100 base damage, basically transforming Shukuyu into a +115 item when Footwork is active?

Edit:
Checked the JP description of both Shukuyu and Sokushitsu. It's the same for both items, which further hints that Shukuyu just has a bad translation in the english version.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-06 02:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw tried it in the spreadsheet, but supposing there are no other hidden stats that I didn't notice (like a real attack bonus etc), then Sokushitsu still wins over Shukuyu despite having only +85 damage instead of +100(115).
That's probably because of the STP+5 on Sokushitsu.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-06 03:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW when you translate the Japanese text using google translate it comes out as meaning "Kick attacks attack". I mean google translate isn't the greatest but based on that, I'd say this time the translation team just did the literal translation and didn't adjust it for us.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-06 03:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't read japanese kanji, but what I've seen is that both items have the same identical kanjis, which kinda mean that +100 is the typical "+ base damage" we're used to know, despite the slightly confusing description.
Bhikku/+1 have the same description as Shukuyu.

From this point of view we could say that maybe it's Sokushitsu who have a "wrong" description lol

Regardless, it's good to know it's the same thing.
I'd love to see more tests on the "Footwork +15%" effect btw guys, my test was pretty limited.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-06 03:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW this isn't the first time they worded it that way, in the past they have too. Example Calcitrant stole & Seikenshi Sabaki and others too.

As for it just increasing the base 100 DMG to 115 that doesn't make sense because kick attack starts with base h2h DMG.

So a 440 skill Monk already has 51 Base DMG.
A 682 skill Monk has: 75 Base DMG

To quote wiki:
"Base Hand-to-Hand damage is calculated simply by multiplying Hand-to-Hand skill by 0.11 and adding 3 (in other words, base damage raises every 9 Hand-to-Hand skill points)."
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-06 03:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darvamos said: »
BTW this isn't the first time they worded it that way
Yeah, in hindsight Sokushitsu are the only "exception".
Altough, if you ask me, Soku's description is less confusing than the other ones.

Quote:
As for it just increasing the base 100 DMG to 115 that doesn't make sense because kick attack starts with base h2h DMG.
How doesn't it make sense?
Kick Attack damage is the same as your base H2H damage (i.e. without the +Damage on weapon).
The +XX bonus on feet gets added to kick attacks and only them.
From my impression that bonus that normally is +100 on Shukuyu, becomes +115 when Footwork is active.
Is it clearer now?
I'm not 100% sure that's actually the real effect of that bonus, but it makes sense that it could.

Whatever it is, it's not +attack (I was capped and I still saw an increase in damage of my kick attacks)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-06 04:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I apologize for having used that confusing "~15% damage increase"
The damage I saw on the log went from ~645 to ~725
That's roughly ~80 more final damage, which is roughly ~13% damage increase?
I think we can rule out +attack, my att should've been capped on crit hits against those abyssea targets.

Did the following additional tests:
1) Used Footwork with Shukuyu, swapped to Sokushitsu after ==> there was no damage increase that I could see. KAs were still in the expected damage range
2) Used Footwork with no feet equipped, then swapped to Shukuyu ==> there was a ~80 more damage per kick increase

Given how the number they gave us is "+15", it led me to think it's an additional +15 damage.
Would +15 base damage produce an approximate ~80 final damage increase?
But yes, more tests are definitely needed, which is why I was hoping for other people to do more testing.

Edit:
Whops, looks like you deleted your post... now it looks like I'm replying to myself lol
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-06 04:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah sorry about that sechs lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2015-11-07 12:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok,so I've been away way before Footwork was ever changed. Does Footwork still add 18dmg on it's own while active? Does it still boost attack while active? For now I'm going to assume both these are still true.

As far as those new boots adding +DMG, it seems you already concluded that it is in fact +100DMG to kicks. That's a big increase over the last pair of kick boots but fits linearly, and is honestly what I'd expect based on it's description.

Code
ARMOR	                      KICK DMG INCREASE		THEORETICAL DMG UNDER FOOTWORK
Kyoshu Kyahan	               Base H2H DMG +25		Base H2H DMG +43
Kung Fu Shoes	               Base H2H DMG +25		Base H2H DMG +43
Wulong Shoes	               Base H2H DMG +27		Base H2H DMG +45
Wulong Shoes +1	               Base H2H DMG +30		Base H2H DMG +48
Dune Boots	                   Base H2H DMG +30		Base H2H DMG +48
Poise Shoes	                   Base H2H DMG +35		Base H2H DMG +53
Tantra Gaiters +1	           Base H2H DMG +40		Base H2H DMG +58
Tantra Gaiters +2	           Base H2H DMG +45		Base H2H DMG +63
Bhikku Gaiters	               Base H2H DMG +50		Base H2H DMG +68
Bhikku gaiters +1	           Base H2H DMG +55		Base H2H DMG +73
Anchorite's Gaiters	           Base H2H DMG +65		Base H2H DMG +83
Anchorite's Gaiters +1	       Base H2H DMG +80		Base H2H DMG +98
Sokushitsu sune-ate	           Base H2H DMG +85		Base H2H DMG +103
Shukuyu Sune-Ate  	           Base H2H DMG +100	Base H2H DMG +118

Now on to "Footwork"+15%. My personal guess is it's effect is just an additional 15% attack during footwork. Easy enough to check as you can look at your ATT before and after activating Footwork.
Code
BASE FOOTWORK		Attack +10% (Actually 25/256 or 9.76% in game)		Total Increase of 10% under Footwork(9.76%)
Tantra Gaiters +1	Enhances “Footwork” Effect(OLD Style Description)	Total Increase of 13% under Footwork(12.89%)
Tantra Gaiters +2	Enhances “Footwork” Effect(OLD Style Description)	Total Increase of 15% under Footwork(14.84%)

Bhikku Gaiters	        “Footwork” +7%(New Style Description)     Total Increase of ??% under Footwork(Guessing 17%or16.79% in game)
Bhikku Gaiters +1	    “Footwork” +10%(New Style Description)    Total Increase of ??% under Footwork(Guessing 20%or19.92% in game)
Shukuyu Sune-Ate        “Footwork” +15%(New Style Description)    Total Increase of ??% under Footwork(Guessing 25% also 25% in game)

If Tantra was made after they changed the way they right descriptions, they would read as “Footwork”+3%, and “Footwork”+5%

I’m not saying you should rule out that they do add 15dmg, but I find it highly unlikely. My speculation is that what you were seeing was Footwork’s innate +18dmg, and didn’t test thoroughly enough to rule that out. Your best bet to eliminate variables is to attack campaign Fortifications. They make it much easier and faster to narrow down anything involving kicks. (Trust me on this, I spent countless hours at them)

I’d love to see your actual data fully, and although there is about 0% chance of me coming back to test anything myself, I still skim these forums from time to time, and will help anyway I can.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-08 05:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu said: »
Does Footwork still add 18dmg on it's own while active? Does it still boost attack while active?
I don't know :( Didn't test those.
The attack part should be viewable without tests though. The previous version of Footwork was grating an attack bonus that was viewable from the menu.
I assume the current version, if it still has such bonus, will be the same.

Quote:
That's a big increase over the last pair of kick boots but fits linearly, and is honestly what I'd expect based on it's description.
It is, but on the spreadsheet it still comes behind Sokushitsu sadly. That's probably because of the missing STP.

We also need to find the real effect of that "Footwork +15%".
I *assumed* it to be "base damage +15 during footwork", but it's gotta be something else because that wouldn't make sense with the %. It's NOT attack though, it was producing a damage increase on targets I was capped on. It's not proc rate either as far as I could see (needs more solid data on this).
Supposing my hypothesys to be true, Shukuyu would average as 103 damage over 5 minutes (4 minutes with 100, 1 minute with 115 = 103 average).
Even with 103, they still lose to Sokushitsu.

The lame part about Kick Attacks in the present day, is how the paradigm shifted.
Back in the old days Kick Attacks were these rare procs, once per attack turn max, that did much more damage than normal attacks.
But the damage of h2h increased a lot, the same didn't happen with the feet damage, and the result is that now kick attacks do much less damage than normal attacks :(

Bhikku were made before the Footwork change btw, as far as I remember.

Quote:
My speculation is that what you were seeing was Footwork’s innate +18dmg
Nope, I tested Footwork with and without Shukuyu, and numbers were in the same range of KAs without Footwork. Now that I think about it, doesn't this kinda hint the +18 bonus isn't there anymore?
Will re-test this again later today.

Any other test you suggest to make?
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-08 06:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a real quick test on footwork and it seems it doesn't raise your attack any more. My attack was 801 before and after using it in both the menu and using /checkparam.

Also back when this was annouced:
The Footwork job ability will undergo the following adjustments.
- Footwork will no longer make kicks the primary mode of attack. Instead, autoattacks will also have a chance of kicking while Footwork is in effect.
- Effect duration will be decreased from 300 seconds to 60 seconds.
- *The effect footwork has on particular weaponskills will remain unchanged.

Maybe its 15% increase to kick weaponskills it helps with?

A test for that would be a standard WS test using lvl -1 mobs and sneak attack but with and without footwork up using either Dragon Kick or Tornado Kick.

Edit: Was the rate of kick Attacks ever tested after they did the change because lets say it gave 20% increase for example. 15% increase of that would only be a 3% increase you might of not noticed it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-08 07:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Did more tests. Did something on Bluffaloes in Uleg but range was too variable so I went to La Theine on Crapaudys, level 78-79 was my target.
I'm not sure how this sort of test works, despite my hits being 99% crit (and I took not only of crits anyway) their damage wasn't always the same on the same level target.
Is that acceptable? I was expecting, at capped attack, for all crit hits to deal the same damage on a target of the same level...

Anyway, I used the same sttats as before.
My att was at 1101.
Using Berserk+Warcry produced no increase in the damage.

Normal Crit: 231
Feet-less Footwork Crit: ~301
Shukuyu Crit: ~622
Shukuyu FW Crit: ~693

Those are the max numbers I've been able to achieve, pretty constantly. Was unable to see numbers higher than those, even if I tried to stack Warcry, Berserk and other att buffs.
There was still a variation range, but no higher number than that.
Not sure what this means.

In conclusion, yes, there was a damage increase in Footwork even without Shukuyu (base FW, Sokushitsu FW), hinting that Footwork still grants a +18 base damage to kicks.

I can also confirm that the attack bonus does NOT show in the equipment window, but this doesn't rule out a specific "hidden" attack bonus applying only to kicks.
Supposing this to be true (I don't see why not) it makes sense that Shukuyu offers a similar bonus to that offered by Tantra and Bhikku gaiters, i.e. an increse in attack, which likely didn't show much difference in my tests because I was likely att-capped?

The variations and odd results I had in my previous test on Shadow Lizard was likely caused by me selecting too many targets without checking their levels with Battlemod.
When I sticked to 77-78 Frogs there was still a variation but data looked more solid.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-11-08 07:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm not sure how this sort of test works, despite my hits being 99% crit (and I took not only of crits anyway) their damage wasn't always the same on the same level target.
Is that acceptable? I was expecting, at capped attack, for all crit hits to deal the same damage on a target of the same level...

Regardless of being capped for everything relevant, melee damage can vary due to pDIF being a somewhat random value (thanks to a multiplication with a random number between 1.0 and 1.05 in its calculation).

I'll try and go through your observations when I have some more time.
 Cerberus.Howardroark
Server: Cerberus
user: lolsaint
By Cerberus.Howardroark 2015-11-08 10:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I get a decent amount of time at work on weekends and I wouldn't mind updating the OP. How do I go about submitting new sets for the OP to be edited?

I'd need some preliminary feedback, but I've been slowly making the item sets on my profile. I don't think HQ Adhemar etc is realistic for most people so I'll be listing that as Dream TP or WS etc (at least on my profile).

As far as I can tell, the set bonus only seems to be on the HQ so it's not as simple to just say "use HQ where possible" because nq hands and feet are inferior to nq hands and max-ish taeon but hq hands and feet are viable.

Body beats Rawhide whether nq or hq, head seems just ok and legs notsomuch.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-08 10:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't with Jinjo being MIA pretty much for the last year. He did do one update to the guide about 6 months ago though. He needs to give write access to the node for anyone to start updating it.
 Cerberus.Howardroark
By Cerberus.Howardroark 2015-11-08 11:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ah shoot, I thought perhaps a mod could swap some things

worst case, I do a redux and leave it mid-thread
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2015-11-08 11:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramzus has access to the node as far as I know, you could message him and go from there
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2015-11-09 12:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darvamos said: »
I did a real quick test on footwork and it seems it doesn't raise your attack any more. My attack was 801 before and after using it in both the menu and using /checkparam.

Asura.Sechs said: »
I can also confirm that the attack bonus does NOT show in the equipment window, but this doesn't rule out a specific "hidden" attack bonus applying only to kicks.
Supposing this to be true (I don't see why not) it makes sense that Shukuyu offers a similar bonus to that offered by Tantra and Bhikku gaiters, i.e. an increse in attack, which likely didn't show much difference in my tests because I was likely att-capped?

If Footwork no longer gives an attack bonus, which I suppose makes sense as they may have decided they didn't wan't to give all auto-attacks that boost, then what does it not give?

• Attack boost but only to kicks while under the effect of Footwork?

• 15% increase to kick weaponskills it helps with?

• Added Kick Attack Rate while under Footwork?

Attack boost to kicks is kind of annoying to test
Increase to Dragon Kick and Tornado Kick would be very easy to test
Kick Attack Rate while annoying since you can only test 1 min of every 5, is still simple to test

If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on KA rate. I'd guess that instead of Footwork, and Footwork enhancing items adding attack, they now apply KA+ at the same amounts.

Code
                             OLD BONUS                                      NEW BONUS
"Footwork"              Attack+ 10%(9.76%)                                  KA+ 10%
Tantra Gaiters +1       Attack+ 13%(12.89%)                                 KA+ 13%
Tantra Gaiters +2       Attack+ 15%(14.84%)                                 KA+ 15%
Bhikku Gaiters          Attack+ ??%(Guessing 17%or16.79% in game)           KA+ 17%
Bhikku Gaiters +1       Attack+ ??%(Guessing 20%or19.92% in game)           KA+ 20%
Shukuyu Sune-Ate        Attack+ ??%(Guessing 25% also 25% in game)          KA+ 25%
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-11-14 02:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, trying to see what I should be aiming for at this point

Head: Skormoth
Goal; Sinister Reign Hat

Body: Thaumas/Bhikku+1
Goal; Jovian Body

Hands: Hesychast's+1
Goal: Herculean

Legs: Bhikku+1
Goal; (honestly I feel these are fine. Herc have no native acc, would need some godly augments to win there; maybe max augment SR legs, but even then I feel Bhikku+1 are very solid)

Feet: Herculean (Aguments acc+14, attack+27, triple attack+3)
Goal; Maybe throw some more stones at it see if I can keep the TA and get some more acc

That's for TP

Not even sure where to start for ws, but I feel like a lot of these pieces can carry over; due to high eva on most things, I find Ascetic's Fury being my WS of choice (I have mythic though, so 30% extra dmg). I find it outperforming smite on most things
By Sandmaster 2015-11-14 03:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Not even sure where to start for ws, but I feel like a lot of these pieces can carry over; due to high eva on most things, I find Ascetic's Fury being my WS of choice (I have mythic though, so 30% extra dmg). I find it outperforming smite on most things

It makes sence as the Empherean WS's don't get the innate Acc bonuses the majority of ws's that came before them did.

For Hands I'm more than happy switching between J & A hands for TP/WS. If there was one +1 piece of abj armor I'd get if I had the means it would be either of those 2 hand pieces most likely.
 Cerberus.Howardroark
By Cerberus.Howardroark 2015-11-15 10:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

purely for acc sake, Rawhide are the easiest way to get 23+15(38) acc and 24DEX

did some t1 reisen NM's and a few you'll want all the acc you can get

legs have little to no dex available and the accuracy options are slim. Sumnuha Tights are nice for mid-acc TP but max acc will be jovian/+1 legs. Max augment Taeon with 25acc or 20acc/20attk will allow you to keep something with TA+2 on it

here's my max acc set that I'm aiming for (although it assumes 28 acc being possible on herc hands, use Ryuo Tekko+1 otherwise)
ItemSet 339381
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-11-15 18:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 17 acc 17 attack 2 str, 4% crit rate on Herc gloves.

Also got 20 acc 2 triple attack. :( I want 3 triple attack with some good acc, kept the crit augments for now
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-11-15 19:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol and ended up trading the gloves for 25 acc, 7 str, 3% crit, 6 attack
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 363 364 365