Link | Quote | Reply

got *** teased with 30 attack 3 triple attack
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-15 19:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have access to the node, then Ramzus got banned and I rage-quit DDs so I kinda stopped updating the node cause I stopped keeping track of DD gear that exists. I could do an update sometime to soon but I'm a little busy irl atm. Someone will probably have to co-author it though cause I don't know if my gear choices will be potato, but at this point I think it's probably gonna be obvious as to what is good and what isn't.
[+]
 Cerberus.Howardroark
Server: Cerberus
user: lolsaint
By Cerberus.Howardroark 2015-11-15 19:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just nice to refer back to rather than making little comparisons like this for each situation

also it helps me remember random items from gates NMs or accessories from escha NMs (like Kurys Gloves for Hybrid Set, easy to forget about when people are so focused on ABJ's). I might be slow updating it but I'd be willing to.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-16 01:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu said: »
If Footwork no longer gives an attack bonus
That's a big "if".
Hard to measure but given SE's patch notes, I think Footwork still provides an attack boost to kick attacks and that relevant foot gear boosts that attack bonus.
It doesn't show in the equipment window because it only applies to Kick attacks.

Just my guess based on nothing but a hunch.
Think they would have specified it in the patch notes if they removed that, honestly.
Also it would've been more work for them to go back to the feet equipment and change the effect.
Instead everything is the same and all they changed is the JA.
(which honestly should be no higher than a 3 mins Cooldown now, but w/e)
By Sandmaster 2015-11-16 09:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I will change my Taeon tight's to have ACC+25.

4% TA, ACC+32, (DEX+10?) is great for leg's and only beatable for +ACC with DEX+10 by +1 J:Legs? The TA+4 is just to much TA in one slot to lose.

Also sorts the leg section out for COR melee, and Nin when DD-ing. I have been looking at a piece to throw my red Mogpell's at. If I had know these would end up being arguably the best leg piece in the game I would of perfected the +ACC part a long time ago.

I'd like to hope we can reach some half decent ACC now. Its been so long since I have played Monk though. I used it for some KB pop's when I got Denouncments last week and Its amazing watching how insanely good Impetus is with Bhikku+1 and capped ACC. I also wanted to watch Denouncement's but i'm pretty certain also they don't proc on NM's. Still they are a great (if not the best?) non-REMA H2H.

I'm happy with Rawhide in the foot section for now and its nice to see such an easy to get piece has so much ACC on them. I'm really not enjoying Reisenjima at presant. I'm sure that will change but Zi'Tah and RuAn have so much cool content in them, and I have not had fun fighting the NM's in there. Stupid little gimmicks and even more ACC needed from what I have seen. I'm sure I will soon appreciate it a bit more when I pull myself away from current CP area's and NM content.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-11-16 10:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a 2nd pair of Herculean boots; using for ws atm

Str+2, acc+18, attack+25, ws dmg+2%

Using herc head for ws as well
str+3, acc+21, attack+23, crit hit dmg+3%

Also got a pair of herc legs
str+9, acc+16, attack+14, ws dmg+4%

I'll play around w/ them more when I get more stones. Want to build some TP pieces out of them minus head (head I need sinister reign head. That just shits on everything else)

Edit: I came

Cerberus.Howardroark
Server: Cerberus
user: lolsaint
By Cerberus.Howardroark 2015-11-17 17:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

crazy hands tw, also sandmaster I saw a MNK in town yesterday with full dex on top of his acc/attk hands, I didn't think to factor that in for total acc for hand slot, basically similar to what you did with legs

@denouemments I'd put Comeuppance+1 against them

I also need to get more out of Reisen, frustrating in the first while before strats are figured out, lot of annoying mechanics on these mobs
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-12-10 12:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With the buffs on Abjurations, was wondering if Rao Haidate +1 path B beat out capped Samnuha Legs for Victory Smite? 58 STR & 63 ATT VS 48 STR & 3 DA/TA.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-12-10 17:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Howardroark said: »
@denouemments I'd put Comeuppance+1 against them

Sorry for the late reply (date wise, but only 2 posts later!)... but ease of acquisition is surely a consideration too.

Comeuppance/+1 (which ARE really great) are from UNM Pandemonium Warden (Tumult Curator) that I've not yet heard reports of anyone beating. Denouements come from a high tier fight you can spam solo. Set your personal goals accordingly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-12-29 13:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question
i assume skirmish weapon ohrmazd replaces oat ?

what is the prefered augments on these ?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-12-29 13:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Quick question
i assume skirmish weapon ohrmazd replaces oat ?

what is the prefered augments on these ?

You don't want to use Ohrmazd, if you can get access to newer weapons, because Skirmish augments are random and expensive. I'm assuming that you're a returning player so you wouldn't have access to Reisenjima T2's. I'd aim for something like one of the following:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20516/denouements
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20517/fleshcarvers
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20522/emeici-1

With mythic as an ultimate goal, if you enjoy monk.
By fillerbunny9 2015-12-29 14:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy/Attack, Double Attack, and +DMG as high as you can get them. having said that, if possible I would get Emeici(+1) from Garbage Gel or Hammerfists from Ru'Aun before throwing stones at Ohrmazd.

Edit: Safiyyah beat me to it
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-01-03 14:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been too long since I looked into how to gear MNK. Is it worth having an Impetus up set using Bhikku +1 body? And is Bhikku legs good for a TP set still?
 Asura.Ronalas
user: jackx
By Asura.Ronalas 2016-01-06 03:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is going to update soon because of simple minds using only certain jobs and narrow strats to do things the best thing to do is gear how u think will be good and then test it and make changes and compare results. It is super slow but it is moving forward and not waiting around for another band wagon movement.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-01-06 16:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
Is it worth having an Impetus up set using Bhikku +1 body?

Doubtful, because:

1) The extra Impetus crit dmg/acc bonuses have to make up quite a lot to overtake the more current TP bodies: Rawhide D, Adhemar, Herculean.

2) Depending on your weapon, the Martial Arts +6 might actually hurt your TP gain if you're already at capped delay reduction, which isn't an entirely unrealistic possibility. If you're getting capped magical haste, you'll already be at/below delay reduction cap if using a lower delay H2H: for example Delay+51 Hammerfists, Comeuppances/+1, Nibiru Sainti, +54 Condemner, +60 Fleshcarvers.

Delay+96 (most notably, Denouements and Glanzfaust) H2H are excluded from that negative though. Assuming no JA haste (e.g. Samba), capped magical haste and a delay+96 weapon still puts you needing approx MA+7 to cap, so the MA+6 on Bhikku is all a plus. Obviously also the case for higher delay weapons like Ohrmazd or Emeici/+1, though neither of those are as good as the newer Escha/UNM/SR options.

3) It's a lot harder to maintain the Impetus bonus on content that matters these days, as even WITH a GEO on harder stuff you're going to struggle more with accuracy. Once you miss, the Impetus bonus on Empy body resets to zero.

4) Even for lower end content where you CAN cap accuracy to keep the Impetus bonus going, the benefit is basically going to be added crit damage % (the added Acc from the bonus is kinda irrelevant if your accuracy is already good) which is still unlikely to make up for the loss of something like TA+4% (Rawhide, Herc). Maybe on trivial content, but in that case you're generally not fighting mobs that live long enough where it even matters. Possibly like... lower level UNMs that might live long enough AND you could get good accuracy? Maybe.

Quote:
And is Bhikku legs good for a TP set still?
No, not with Samnuha Tights (assuming good augments) existing. Well augmented Herculean Trousers, and probably even Taeon Tights with TA+2 leaf augment will also be better.

Kick Attacks gear seemed like it was maaaaaybe making a little bit of a comeback with ilevel kick damage shoes options, but those sort of got blown out of the water with Herculean Boots.

Asura.Ronalas said: »
Nobody is going to update soon because of simple minds using only certain jobs and narrow strats

It's not really simple minds, it's just the reality of the content we're given. It's simply a lot more effective to use non-melee strategies on a lot of this stuff. Deadly AoE, huge buff requirements for melee accuracy to be sufficient, more reliance on healers, etc. Tank + backline DDs (mages, maybe RNG) is simply better for these targets, particularly when Magic Bursts are as strong as they are now (and for that purpose, MNK is not an ideal SC starter when other jobs can fill that role without needing the support a MNK needs).

Even when people DO consider a melee strategy, MNK is in a much worse place than other jobs with better accuracy and/or SC ability like BLU, DNC, SAM.

So, be aware that outside of soloing CP or trivial content, MNK is likely only going to be used on lower end group stuff. Delve, Incursion, the one melee friendly Vagary zone (Palloritus), maaaaaaybe a Sinister Reign melee setup. Or for very niche situations like Escha - Ru'Aun caturae when blunt/H2H is helpful, or the Warder pot that has phases with immunity to all but blunt damage.

If you want to convince people to do harder Escha NMs or high end UNM (e.g. lv135) with MNK DDs, great for you. But don't be surprised when most people are uninterested in making it harder to win by using MNKs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2016-01-09 18:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea if these are good augments?

Not sure what the caps are
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-09 19:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ronalas said: »
Nobody is going to update soon because of simple minds using only certain jobs and narrow strats to do things the best thing to do is gear how u think will be good and then test it and make changes and compare results. It is super slow but it is moving forward and not waiting around for another band wagon movement.

Feel free to update the guide then :)
[+]
By Sidiov 2016-01-09 19:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Any idea if these are good augments?
Not sure what the caps are
Not sure exactly, but for sure can get str+17/dex+17 acc/att+15 and DA+4 as that mine
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2016-01-09 23:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohrmzad are pretty bad overall, you could get a pair of Hammerfists merc'd for the price of the stones you'll be throwing at them.

Denouements are the best easily obtainable non-glanz option at the moment.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-01-10 00:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly Denouements are worthless vs Apex ( no CB)
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-10 02:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Colossal Blow isn't the only thing they have going for them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-23 14:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Applesmash said: »
Ohrmzad are pretty bad overall, you could get a pair of Hammerfists merc'd for the price of the stones you'll be throwing at them.

Denouements are the best easily obtainable non-glanz option at the moment.

Does denouement make monk a little playable? I just got this soloing on normal 1/1 while looking for Cessancr earring lol
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-01-23 17:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Denouements are very good, and among the top handful of MNK weapons. Don't pay attention to the comments about Colossal Blow/Apex mobs.

What you're after for MNK is one of the following:

Top tier:
  • Comeuppances/+1
    Phenomenal weapon, but pretty hard to get coming from the UNM version of Pandemonium Warden. Acc, great dmg/delay, superb attribute stat (STR+19~20)

• Condemners
    Need good augments though, DMG+/attribute/acc/whatever. From Reisenjima T2, so not the easiest but not that insane for high end groups. By far the easiest of this top tier group to obtain, good luck on augments!

• Glanzfaust (ilevel 120+) ???*
    See below RMEA section. Unknown upgraded stats as of the time of this writing, but seems very likely a boost to Mythics will make them a top option.

• Godhands*
    See below RMEA section.

"Very good" tier, respectable endgame stuff:
  • Denouements
    Probably the easiest to obtain option, they're quite respectable. Good dmg/delay, helpful Acc, and QA+3 is quite a nice combination of stats. I don't even think Colossal Blow should be factored into the decision, it's a super low proc rate anyway. Think of it as a very rare "super-crit".

• Chastisers
    Great DMG for such a low delay weapon, great stats for WS purposes (STR+20, TP Bonus+300). The downside is a complete lack of extra Acc or DEX, which is quite important on anything that matters. They also look pretty awesome! T3 Escha-Zi'tah drop that seems very rare though, in line with typical glowy weapons.

• Fleshcarvers
    From Sinister Reign. Only with good (max/near max) augments. Don't let the comparatively low base damage fool you, the very low delay and very good attributes and additional stats make them a solid option.

• Hammerfists (B path)
    Decent choice that depending on your activities may be easier to get than the luck of the drops on Ultima/Omega fight. B path (DMG/STR/Acc) is definitely the way to go unless you're fighting trash where you're acc capped (in which case A path would win, but seems kinda silly to make these for trash mobs). I'd upgrade these before too long, but they're pretty good as a stepping stone.

• Suwaiyas
    T3 Reisenjima drop, so not very easy to get. More of a trophy item, they certainly don't perform up to the level you might expect for something that drops from such a high end fight. Still, they're OK. Lack of Acc is a problem (which likely makes any of the above non-Chastisers options preferable on difficult stuff where you need Acc), but good DMG/delay.

• Glanzfaust (ilevel 119)*
    See below RMEA section.

Temporary solutions
Everything else. Including Ohrmazd, Nibiru Saintu, Eschus (Escha-Ru'Aun T3 non-augmentable drop), other UNM or high tier drops like Emeici+1 or Calved Claws. You'll want to upgrade these to something on the above lists.

*Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Aeonic
Special section for RMEAs:

• Glanzfaust
    Still good but have lagged behind quite a bit now in DMG and Accuracy. If you can't reliably maintain AM3 (as is probably the case in a lot of current content), they're probably worse than the other top tier (or even "very good" tier) non-RMEs. However, they're very likely to make a strong comeback with the February RME updates.

• Spharai and Vetethragna
    Basically useless now, but we'll see if February update changes that. I wouldn't hold my breath. The one thing Vere have going for them is that they're linked to a good WS in V.Smite. However, Empy aftermath not affecting "off" hand hit (2nd punch in a round) or WS hurts.

• Godhands
    I know very little about Aeonic weapons and these are obviously quite a trial to make. Phenomenal DMG/delay though, and extra raw skill is especially helpful for H2H. The downside for H2H is that to get the most out of them you'd be looking to take advantage of lv4 SCs, and SC focus is something MNK is somewhat weaker at than some other melee jobs (SAM, DNC, etc.). Plus, Shijin Spiral isn't a terribly good WS. Still, these do look pretty beastly in any case.

[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-23 22:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Denouements are very good, and among the top handful of MNK weapons. Don't pay attention to the comments about Colossal Blow/Apex mobs.

What you're after for MNK is one of the following:

Top tier:
  • Comeuppances/+1
    Phenomenal weapon, but pretty hard to get coming from the UNM version of Pandemonium Warden. Acc, great dmg/delay, superb attribute stat (STR+19~20)

• Condemners
    Need good augments though, DMG+/attribute/acc/whatever. From Reisenjima T2, so not the easiest but not that insane for high end groups. By far the easiest of this top tier group to obtain, good luck on augments!

• Glanzfaust (ilevel 120+) ???*
    See below RMEA section. Unknown upgraded stats as of the time of this writing, but seems very likely a boost to Mythics will make them a top option.

• Godhands*
    See below RMEA section.

"Very good" tier, respectable endgame stuff:
  • Denouements
    Probably the easiest to obtain option, they're quite respectable. Good dmg/delay, helpful Acc, and QA+3 is quite a nice combination of stats. I don't even think Colossal Blow should be factored into the decision, it's a super low proc rate anyway. Think of it as a very rare "super-crit".

• Chastisers
    Great DMG for such a low delay weapon, great stats for WS purposes (STR+20, TP Bonus+300). The downside is a complete lack of extra Acc or DEX, which is quite important on anything that matters. They also look pretty awesome! T3 Escha-Zi'tah drop that seems very rare though, in line with typical glowy weapons.

• Fleshcarvers
    From Sinister Reign. Only with good (max/near max) augments. Don't let the comparatively low base damage fool you, the very low delay and very good attributes and additional stats make them a solid option.

• Hammerfists (B path)
    Decent choice that depending on your activities may be easier to get than the luck of the drops on Ultima/Omega fight. B path (DMG/STR/Acc) is definitely the way to go unless you're fighting trash where you're acc capped (in which case A path would win, but seems kinda silly to make these for trash mobs). I'd upgrade these before too long, but they're pretty good as a stepping stone.

• Suwaiyas
    T3 Reisenjima drop, so not very easy to get. More of a trophy item, they certainly don't perform up to the level you might expect for something that drops from such a high end fight. Still, they're OK. Lack of Acc is a problem (which likely makes any of the above non-Chastisers options preferable on difficult stuff where you need Acc), but good DMG/delay.

• Glanzfaust (ilevel 119)*
    See below RMEA section.

Temporary solutions
Everything else. Including Ohrmazd, Nibiru Saintu, Eschus (Escha-Ru'Aun T3 non-augmentable drop), other UNM or high tier drops like Emeici+1 or Calved Claws. You'll want to upgrade these to something on the above lists.

*Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Aeonic
Special section for RMEAs:

• Glanzfaust
    Still good but have lagged behind quite a bit now in DMG and Accuracy. If you can't reliably maintain AM3 (as is probably the case in a lot of current content), they're probably worse than the other top tier (or even "very good" tier) non-RMEs. However, they're very likely to make a strong comeback with the February RME updates.

• Spharai and Vetethragna
    Basically useless now, but we'll see if February update changes that. I wouldn't hold my breath. The one thing Vere have going for them is that they're linked to a good WS in V.Smite. However, Empy aftermath not affecting "off" hand hit (2nd punch in a round) or WS hurts.

• Godhands
    I know very little about Aeonic weapons and these are obviously quite a trial to make. Phenomenal DMG/delay though, and extra raw skill is especially helpful for H2H. The downside for H2H is that to get the most out of them you'd be looking to take advantage of lv4 SCs, and SC focus is something MNK is somewhat weaker at than some other melee jobs (SAM, DNC, etc.). Plus, Shijin Spiral isn't a terribly good WS. Still, these do look pretty beastly in any case.

Thanks for the detailed response. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-04 00:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

wow valentines day in february the guide got updated
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-04 02:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
However, Empy aftermath not affecting "off" hand hit (2nd punch in a round) or WS hurts.
While this is absolutely true, it also applies to Mythic's AM3 and to Relic's Occasionally deal double damage proc.
By fillerbunny9 2016-02-08 12:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

at this point, what would be the preferred Ammo slot for Victory Smite? I feel like Potestas Bomblet has to be out of date, but it is ever so slightly better than full timing Ginsen.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-02-09 23:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Verethragna (119 III) DMG:+118 Delay:+51 STR+50 Hand-to-Hand skill +269 Guarding skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +228 "Victory Smite" Aftermath: Occasionally attacks for triple damage Afterglow

My monk might finally come out of retirement!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-09 23:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

and straight back into it when it doesn't work on offhand punch
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 363 364 365