iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-17 03:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bhikku+1 is quite a decent body option even outside of Impetus.
Rawhide D, Rawhide A and Taeon are still better.
Likely Thaumas is better as well.

If you're a gimp player (like me!) who has no aug Taeon and is still working on getting Rawhide, Bhikku+1 is a nice alternative to Thaumas if for whatever reason you don't want to use it.

But if you're serious about MNK then I can't think of any possible situation (outside of Impetus, of course) where Bhikku+1 will outperform Rawhide, Taeon or Thaumas. Even with Alluvion weapon.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-07-17 16:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ronalas said: »
Not enough time to sift 102 pages although already spent 6 hours reading thanks.

Escha update was just in May, so only the posts from like 2/3 the way down page 100 to present account for it. OP isn't updated post-Escha. So you have less than a page and a half of replies to read to see everything in the MNK forum since the first Rhapsodies update. I know it's sorta lacking, but feel free to add some testing, sets, comments!

Personally, I've barely touched Escha and haven't played much MNK in the past couple months or really delved into the gear, so I'm not a ton of help on that front...
By Aelius 2015-08-08 01:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Friendly reminder that if you post insults to other users or post anything that doesn't pertain to the topic, please stop yourself before I have to press pretty buttons on your account.
[+]
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2015-08-14 01:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
You how to add martial arts?

For the Monk spreadsheet MA is harder to add since it doesn't have it's own column in the Gear Lists tab. However, it is doable.

In the Data tab you need to modify the B70 and C70 cells with an addition IF function for the gear you are adding. I'll paste what I have for both those cells at the bottom of this post. As an example this what the B70 code for Bhikku Cyclas +1 looks like:
Code
+IF(Gear!$B10="Bhikku +1",-6,0)

In the above line "Gear!" is linking to the Gear tab. "$B10" is a specific cell value on the Gear tab. '="Bhikku +1"' this needs to be the exact name you used for that gear in the Gear Lists tab. For example I omitted the Cyclas but you might not have and would need to add that. Finally for ",-6,0" the first number is what is used if you DO have that gear set, and the second number is used if you DON'T have that gear set. Note: MA should be a negative number.

My B70 cell:
Code
=IF(OR(Gear!$B10="Tantra +2",Gear!$B10="Bhikku"),-5,0)+IF(Gear!$B10="Bhikku +1",-6,0)+IF(Gear!B15="Shaolin",-10,0)+IF(Gear!B3="Fleshcarvers (Aug)",-3,0)

My C70 cell:
Code
=IF(OR(Gear!$W10="Tantra +2",Gear!$W10="Bhikku"),-5,0)+IF(Gear!$W10="Bhikku +1",-6,0)+IF(Gear!W15="Shaolin",-10,0)+IF(Gear!W3="Fleshcarvers (Aug)",-3,0)

The only difference between the 2 is that one refers to the B column (the gear set on the left of the gear tab) while the other refers to the W column (the gear set on the right).
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-08-20 04:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 337228

Got:

Justiciar's Torque / Prosilio Belt / Rancor Collar / Buquwik Cape / Pyrosoul Ring

That could be Input in spots but not sure yet

ALSO Making a Fotia Belt / Fotia Gorget

My WS DMG is Very Low on some mobs , not sure why tho

Could somebody please help me fix that ?

Thank you ^^

I would like to see what I can do with my Current Armor , and what new armor I should be going for

So please Post 2 SETS or 2 Coments

1st telling me how to fix and what is the problem on my WS SET

2nd telling me what armor would be nicer to get for it to increase the DMG

DMG been going from 2,600 ~ 5,600 DMG on Mobs that are T / VT / IT

While my NIN doing Steedy 5-8 K WS every time !!!!!

So I am not sure what is going on guys, Please help ><
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-08-20 06:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

the set i actually use :
ItemSet 327446
[+]
By Sandmaster 2015-08-20 09:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in a rush, but because I play 2 job's that use similar ws's - Smite and Hi, I use these pieces:

Taeon head/body(Bhikku+1 for Impetus)/hands/legs/feet; all with Acc&att+16-20 Crit Rate+3% and a mixture of wsdmg+2-3% or crit dmg 2-3%. It's the body that has the weakest stats, but I'm on Nin more then Monk and on Nin I use Emp body for TP/WS.

They are not perfect Augments by a longe shot, but due to the way the game is right now I'm on COR all the time, with SAM second.

I think Hi is just an alround better WS, even when I go to Abyssea my Smites are 8-12K and Hi's around 15K. I don't like to use ws gorgets for either, but for now I use them in the Neck slot.

I have a question because there isn't much testing done anymore, and I know some of the newer ws's work differently:

Does the 0.1 ftp increase given by the Light/Fortia gorget just affect Smites first hit, or does it affect all hits along with offhand & Triple/DA procs.

Second question - Quiahiuz Trouser's 'Increases DA DMG' - how does that work exactly, and I presume it doesn't work on TA hits or the second att af a TA hit..?
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-08-20 10:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandmaster said: »
I'm in a rush, but because I play 2 job's that use similar ws's - Smite and Hi, I use these pieces:

Taeon head/body(Bhikku+1 for Impetus)/hands/legs/feet; all with Acc&att+16-20 Crit Rate+3% and a mixture of wsdmg+2-3% or crit dmg 2-3%. It's the body that has the weakest stats, but I'm on Nin more then Monk and on Nin I use Emp body for TP/WS.

They are not perfect Augments by a longe shot, but due to the way the game is right now I'm on COR all the time, with SAM second.

I think Hi is just an alround better WS, even when I go to Abyssea my Smites are 8-12K and Hi's around 15K. I don't like to use ws gorgets for either, but for now I use them in the Neck slot.

I have a question because there isn't much testing done anymore, and I know some of the newer ws's work differently:

Does the 0.1 ftp increase given by the Light/Fortia gorget just affect Smites first hit, or does it affect all hits along with offhand & Triple/DA procs.

Second question - Quiahiuz Trouser's 'Increases DA DMG' - how does that work exactly, and I presume it doesn't work on TA hits or the second att af a TA hit..?

Augmented for STR+8 ^^; that is why

Head is DEX+8

and Feet with Triple Attack / ATK / ACC / STR / DEX or VIT or AGI

^^
By Sandmaster 2015-08-21 01:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that annoys about Taeon armor, and I didn't realise it until recently, but they are all basic ilevel 118-119 Attributes for light armmor (Same with the other amor's) but standard Eva/MEVA & MDB on them so having to pay for Attributes when you can only get +10 in one stat, or +6-7 in varied stats has really annoyed me. After sooo many Yorcia [A] runs (which have been fun) but I've come out of it all broke! I do appreciate some pieces however and getting (If you want to) what 3-4months ago would of been considered a superb ws set, ACC&ATT+20 Crit Rate+3% Crit DMG+3% then you have yourself a solid WS set. At the end of the day, it getting the hits to crit that give you the nice numbers, and your addind 15% cris dmg also.

Each to there own, I think after looking at some absolutely amazing new equipment the only job's that will be still loving Skirmish gear is pet jobs.

Except some of the weapons; I doubt SE will ever relese a GK as powerful as the one I and others have made (not including Mythic - which is actually over 50DMG less & doesnt have WSDMG+ on every Fudo and uses a 5hit, not a 4hit but....) Or a COR Gun with such amazing Leaden Salute/Wildfire/Quickdraw stats on it (again not including myhic, nothing comes a tinybit close to the Death Penalty). Other jobs I'm sure there are other 2H'er job and 1handers that can make near BiS weapons. (I found the Skirmish H2H ormazzzz in my mog locker, not sure why I didn't upgrade it but im quite happy with the Emercei +1 like yourself. Even Katana wise I didn't make them or daggers and I'm kind of happy about that due to Escha Zitah's line of weapons from T2's we will soon be happily wielding!

The fact of the matter is, there is some simpy superb pieces of armor that I know SE will changing and improving as rappidly as content is being pushed out again with even more amazing stats that make your jaw's drop. I'm telling you there will be one final Skirmish to go after or at the same time as the conclusion to RoV that will be something out of this world when adding stats to it, but I think they would need a new set of stones specific to Outer Raz {A] for obvious reasons. Right now we have the old Delve route to upgrading armor with the added exception that its been slightly improved amd the armor/weapons are ever improving.
 Leviathan.Sirangus
Server: Leviathan
user: Eikechi
By Leviathan.Sirangus 2015-08-22 22:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Would someone be so kind as to post their MNK sets? I've been away from the game for almost a year now - just looking for a few coherent sets of gear to strive toward. Thanks in advance!
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-08-22 22:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I missing something @using Anchorite cyclas over Rawhide path(A)(D) for Smite?

?
??
???
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-08-22 23:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ryuo and rao bodies also seem vastly superior with augments

edit:

also i can try and update the guide again if someone wants to help me. my main got banned a while ago so i don't have mnk anymore so i didn't have too much motivation to continue updating this, also been really on and off with the game in the last 5 months due to school etc. anyone here pretty knowledgeable with mnk? hyriu maybe?
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2015-08-24 22:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really play MNK anymore, haven't even really looked at new gear from last update to compare.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-25 08:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hyriu said: »
Am I missing something @using Anchorite cyclas over Rawhide path(A)(D) for Smite?

?
??
???

I was thinking the exct same thing using Bhikku+1 when Impetus is up and a acc/att & crit dmg+ Taon. Ususally isn't there a reason to go with using a piece like that (and others in the set)?

I am also waiting to put Rawhide in that slot right now..
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-25 09:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You both are missing that he probably doesn't have Rawhide yet.
He doesn't even have Vagary clears to get Empy updates.

He might be aiming to get all of those, but he still gotta use something else for the time being, no? Anchorite is not that bad if you look it from that point of view.
It was my body of choice back when they had just released AF reforge.

And yes, I haven't mathed it out but with Impetus up I think Bhikku is still better than Rawhide for Victory Smite.
Not sure about Abnoba's Kaftan and the Wrathare bodies though, they probably are all pretty close to each other.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-25 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting max augmented Fleshcarvers (Sinister Reign) beating max Ohrmazd (DMG, Acc/Atk, DA) on anything that matters. Anyone agree/disagree?

Redid my leaf and snow augments on Ohrmazd already for automaton tanking on PUP, but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on swapping out my DMG+26 dusk aug until I'm totally sure (a lot less impressive pet augments in dusk slot anyhow) just in case I'm wrong, would be a pain to get that one back.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-08-26 05:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm getting max augmented Fleshcarvers (Sinister Reign) beating max Ohrmazd (DMG, Acc/Atk, DA) on anything that matters. Anyone agree/disagree?

Redid my leaf and snow augments on Ohrmazd already for automaton tanking on PUP, but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on swapping out my DMG+26 dusk aug until I'm totally sure (a lot less impressive pet augments in dusk slot anyhow) just in case I'm wrong, would be a pain to get that one back.
OK dont get me wrong Capuchin (NOT Putting you down)

Just Kinda iffy about those H2H from Sinister

DMG:100 base (MAX Aug: +15) = 115 correct ?

Emeici +1 = DMG:+135
Tinhaspa has more DMG too >.>

So I am confused about why are Sinister H2H Even there >.>

DMG:115 is WEAK as hell :X
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-26 05:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to check the Delay too, and the stats bonuses.
Personally I haven't checked the max augments on Fleshcarvers with a Spreadsheet so I can't comment on those, but I remember testing Emeici+1 and they were really really nice.

Not sure about Midnight (PUP specific weapon, can get DT there too) and the MNK JSE one (can't remember the name)
By geigei 2015-08-26 06:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm getting max augmented Fleshcarvers (Sinister Reign) beating max Ohrmazd (DMG, Acc/Atk, DA) on anything that matters. Anyone agree/disagree?/quote]

Impossibru.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-26 08:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to ask a question regarding H2H DMG:

Up until ilevel, does the old forumula for working out H2H DMG work?

When it comes to ilevel, you obviously don't get the +DMG from the skill on the weapon, unless the H2H forula has been completely messed with; Finally if we add skill elsewhere like Bhikku+1 Hands, would we get the +1-2DMG from them?

I managed to finally get the Emercei +1 with the aid of friends after never having them drop when group's were made for it and I'm very happy with them. The only downside to them is your missing +15STR from Tinhaspa.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-08-26 09:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandmaster said: »
I wanted to ask a question regarding H2H DMG:

Up until ilevel, does the old forumula for working out H2H DMG work?

When it comes to ilevel, you obviously don't get the +DMG from the skill on the weapon, unless the H2H forula has been completely messed with; Finally if we add skill elsewhere like Bhikku+1 Hands, would we get the +1-2DMG from them?

I managed to finally get the Emercei +1 with the aid of friends after never having them drop when group's were made for it and I'm very happy with them. The only downside to them is your missing +15STR from Tinhaspa.

It is possible , but I Like Emeici +1 for Triple ATK+ on WS ^^

and better DMG too, but STR could have an affect on it, and most likely does, just not 100%

I tested Tinhaspa (Path A) V.S. Emeici +1 and Emeici +1 did best WS / Melee DMG
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-27 12:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
So I am confused about why are Sinister H2H Even there >.>

DMG:115 is WEAK as hell :X

DMG isn't everything, they're 60 delay! That's less than half the delay of Ohrmazd, and roughly 2/3 the delay of anything else of note like Emeici+1, Glanz, Tinhaspa. Weaker strikes, but a heck of a lot more of them (along with more but slightly weaker WS... though they've got some favorable WS stats to help compensate for the lower DMG).

I'm not eyeballing either, I've spreadsheeted them out as best I can and I get Fleshcarvers winning over the other non-mythic options. At a minimum, assuming normal buffs on decent level targets, they're top tier right along with a max Ohrmazd and Eme+1. And I'm not even accounting for the MA+3 because the spreadsheet I'm working with doesn't model that.
By geigei 2015-08-27 13:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Low delay is bad, unless you dont have haste, high haste situation gives alluvion huge advantage over low delay weapons.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-27 20:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Low delay is bad, unless you dont have haste, high haste situation gives alluvion huge advantage over low delay weapons.

No, even with capped magical haste, I'm getting max Fleshcarvers coming out better than perfectly augmented Ohrmazd (DMG+29, Acc/Atk+15, DA+4). Depending on target and other buffs (GEO, etc.) and gear, Fleshcarvers go from either significantly ahead to almost dead even (in some scenarios, Ohrmazd edging them out by the slimmest of margins) - overall, Fleshcarvers win though.

Both beat out Emeici+1, which in situations most advantageous to them are sometimes nearly sidegrades, but sometimes lag a significant amount behind. Eme+1 never win though.

My spreadsheet also undervalues Fleshcarvers, since it doesn't account for Martial Arts delay reduction at all. That extra MA does benefit MNK, since even with capped magic and equipment haste MNK won't hit delay cap without using MA gear.

I need to try to modify my spreadsheet more to correctly account for everything, add MA, add some more target mobs, check on WS calculations to verify they're current... but I don't think it's substantially off. If anyone has a well updated spreadsheet, please share!

If someone has actual testing or math to show max Fleshcarvers are not better than the other top options, by all means please share that too! Anecdotal evidence or a personal belief that "low delay/dmg must be bad" is not what I'm looking for though, I'm interested in whether anyone else's facts contradict the results I'm getting on spreadsheets.
By geigei 2015-08-28 00:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You're comparing 107delay round 110dmg with 128delay 157dmg, this is so obvious...dunno what math/testing you expect, in my spreadsheet fresh are down by over 100dps on both ohrmazd and chastisers, even my not so great ohrmazd is still 70dps ahead.
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 363 364 365