First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 363 364 365
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-05-31 13:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
So from what I've seen the new Chastisers beat everything but Glanz. Blurred weaps are kinda lackluster, though they might be good in dyna or salvage where you're solo w/o trusts. Even the Skormoth mask isn't as good as I thought when I saw the TA+4, still loses to Taeon.

Here's my updated spreadsheet, has Job Points/Gifts, and smn buffs added to setup.
A couple notes though,
Favor effects 1= 512 skill+2 Favor, 2= 512+3, and 3= 512+4.
I'm not sure how to add the new KA JPs, I don't see a way of adding acc/atk just for KAs.
And Idk whats going on with the sch buff area, it still works fine, but it has a colored background that I can't figure out how to fix...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHqmg0nJfpIdXFPZDUwZ0tkNVE/view?usp=sharing
Also I changed the gear around and have chastisers beating glanz even.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-05-31 14:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know, I hadn't seen any proof of any pulse gear other than the polearm dropping off of Shockmaw so far.

hmm, what did you change? I was seeing Glanz still had a decent lead.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-06-01 23:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
Good to know, I hadn't seen any proof of any pulse gear other than the polearm dropping off of Shockmaw so far.

hmm, what did you change? I was seeing Glanz still had a decent lead.
My error i left off a buff off mythic, still wins by around 100 dps but thats a small margin considering player error margins that pretty much even in my book.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-06-26 13:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody done any testing on post-update footwork?

From my very small amount of extremely unscientific eyeballing, looks like there's a substantial increase in KA proc rate when it's up. Not sure what the % is though, whether it decays over time while the JA is active, etc.

Also, new Unity drop H2H (from Garbage Gel in Bostaunieux Oubliette) is pretty nice:
Quote:
Emeici +1:
DMG+131 Delay+91
Hand-to-Hand Skill+242 Guarding Skill+242
Triple Attack+3% Store TP+5
Physical Damage Taken-4%
Unity Ranking: Accuracy +10~20
Lv99 MNK/PUP

From some quick spreadsheet comparisons, extremely close to my fairly well augmented Ohrmazd (DMG+26 Acc/Atk+12 DA+4%), with Ohrmazd just sliiiightly edging Emeici+1 out in most cases. Basically sidegrade territory.

So we're basically talking: if you have Glanz, Chastisers or Ohrmazd with DMG+25~28 - there's probably not much reason your MNK needs these other than for looks. For those without these other top options, definitely worth looking into these H2H.
 Sylph.Ticu
Server: Sylph
user: ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-06-28 10:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What are chastisers?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-06-28 10:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticu said: »
What are chastisers?

Rare drop from T3 behemoth in escha-zithah.

DPS: 2440 DMG:+119 Delay:+60 STR+20 Attack+33 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Guarding skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Triple Attack"+3% "TP Bonus"+300
LV 99 MNK PUP
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-08 02:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody bothered to test how the new Footwork JA interacts with the AF3+2 feet boost and with the JP category?
By Felgarr 2015-07-09 23:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody bothered to test how the new Footwork JA interacts with the AF3+2 feet boost and with the JP category?

I would also like to know! (It has to be more DPS because more kick-attacks right?)
By Felgarr 2015-07-09 23:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

I would also like to know! (It has to be more DPS because more kick-attacks right?)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-14 03:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, guess nobody bothered with it, lolmonk these days, /sigh
Another question then, since I'm lazy and I'd rather avoid testing it myself on the spreadsheet, anybody tested Rawhide body A vs Rawhide body D vs Taeon vs Thaumas vs 119 AF3 body vs Qaaxo?

Last time I tested Thaumas was still on top, pure damage wise and without factoring accuracy and other aspects. Which is annoying 'cause I really want to stop using Thaumas.
Rawhide D and Taeon were pretty close on second spot.
Qaaxo and Rawhide A too were pretty close with each other, but behind the rest.
119 AF3 was on bottom, close to the rest (when the MA bonus matters).
Of course it gets on top during Impetus.
By geigei 2015-07-14 04:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you even consider thaumas?

All others perform the same while buffed, top is rawhide D but only by 10-50 dps.

I would go for cyclas+1 which is basically free and could be even better than rawhide if using high delay wpn, i cant figure out how to add martial arts to spreadsheet, or impetus bonus.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-14 04:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
It's a matter of perspective.
Of course if you're doing serious stuff that's not even an option because of acc and because of the lack of defensive stats.

But if for a second you want to focus exclusively on damage, there's still quite a big difference between Thaumas and other options. At least last time I tested, which is quite a lot of time ago so I was hoping to hear people saying different results.

Back then the damage difference was really big, much bigger than the minimal difference people gets from HQ rings or other items that give a really small amount of DPS increase. Yet you see people spend gazilions of gil on those.

Quote:
top is rawhide D but only by 10-50 dps.
Better than Taeon?
How close is Rawhide A to Rawhide D and Taeon, for TP? (no multiattack, but dSTR etc).
I know it's behind for sure, but if the difference is small enough, it could be an inventory (and gil) saver for people willing to accept the compromise. (in light of the fact that Rawhide A is BiS for many WSs and many jobs)
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-14 04:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why consider Thaumas? Because it remains one of the absolute strongest DD options for the jobs capable of wearing it to this day. It should always be considered when you're looking at DPS options. It will not always be on top, as buffs play a large role in the value of attack, accuracy, so on and so forth. I'm not saying it should always be used no matter what, but to completely dismiss it is misguided.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-14 04:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, pure DPS wise when accuracy is not an issue Thaumas is still the best for the majority of jobs who can use it.
I can think of very few exceptions.
DW bodies for some jobs when they aren't attack-delay capped.
Reforged 119 AF3 body for NIN is better than Thaumas.
Reforged 119 AF3 body for MNK during Impetus.

What else? Nothing I think. Many options that get close (Rawhide D, perfect aug Taeon, previously Qaaxo etc) but there's still quite a big difference between Thaumas and the next one in the tier list.

Now if the difference was small it would be easier to say "*** it" and put Thaumas on the Moogle Slip. I'd love to do that.
But last time I checked the difference was still pretty big... hence why I was asking if anybody had more detailed DPS data on those bodies and some more accurate tier lists.
By geigei 2015-07-14 04:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Why consider Thaumas? Because it remains one of the absolute strongest DD options for the jobs capable of wearing it to this day. It should always be considered when you're looking at DPS options. It will not always be on top, as buffs play a large role in the value of attack, accuracy, so on and so forth. I'm not saying it should always be used no matter what, but to completely dismiss it is misguided.

While buffed is as good as others, otherwise is 10% or more behind.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-14 04:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having trouble believing a whole 10% difference. Would you mind posting your data or a link to the spreadsheet you're using to get those numbers? If I'm incorrect, I'll gladly eat crow, but that seems like way too large of a discrepancy when I have never seen it behind anything close to that amount on fellow 1-hand DDs.
By geigei 2015-07-14 05:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Tojil no buffs: rawhideD 286dps / thaumas 254 dps

Tojil heavy buffs rawhideD 1083dps / thaumas 1080 dps

Rawhide good on ws too though.

https://docs.google.com/folderview?usp=drive_web&id=0B0A0wGYYRRdaZjdlNTdkNTEtMDMyYy00OTVmLWI4N2ItNDMwMDI1N2VkYWZk
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-14 05:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I tried Rawhide D and Taeon were well behind. (altough I would be more than glad to be proved wrong!)
Did you factor accuracy out?
On a target like Tojil the difference in dstat and att might close the gap and even put Rawhide above.

Tojil isn't really the type of target I'd consider using Thaumas on, tbf. If only because of the defensive lack of Thaumas, etc.
Maybe if I really had over 9000 buffs like in the old days of non scaling Delve1 with rotating brd/cor
By geigei 2015-07-14 05:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

On fodder it doesnt really matter which one you use, you can keep thaumas...or make bhikku +1 which is cheap and perform well anytime. I made rawhide D cause i use on multiple jobs, my taeon is acc/att +18, TA +2, wsdmg +2 very very small difference.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-14 05:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

On fodder it doesnt really matter
I absolutely agree, but the definition of "fodder" is quite a big range.
If we're talking about pre-soa stuff and a large part of Dynamis or Salvage (not bosses though) you're absolutely right. Use whatever you want, you're likely going to be stat capped regardless. In such situations using Thaumas might be better but then again stuff dies so fast it hardly matters even if you use other options.

But do you define CP mobs (not the solo camps) "fodder"? Or some High Tier Battlefields and easy lowmen stuff like that.
Basically everything that's not large organized end game content (Escha Gestalts, Vagary, to a certain extent Delve, etc)

Do you define that kind of stuff "fodder"?
Because in that scenario I can think of many types of content where you can factor Accuracy out, AoE damage is non existant or nothing you have to worry about etc.
In such situations and in CP-farming similar ones, Thaumas outperforms other options. At least according to the quick tests I did on the spreadsheet some time ago.
Once more: glad to be proven wrong! It's why I asked to begin with.

P.S.
I made a generalization of course. It doesn't apply to every single HTBF etc.
By geigei 2015-07-14 05:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aything bellow VT is fodder (for me at least), the thing is mnk is not doing much these days, tojil+daquwaka, 1 vagary, 0 escha, 0 high tier bc.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-14 05:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well MNK isn't certainly the best or most efficient DD to be using in easy content these days.
But then again that doesn't mean it's not a viable option, no?
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2015-07-15 11:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

All others perform the same while buffed, top is rawhide D but only by 10-50 dps.

My current taeon tabard is STR+10, ACC/ATT+19, and TA+2. If RawhideD only comes ahead by 10-50 dps, then its probably better to go with RawhideA as a Best in Slot WS piece rather than RawhideD for tp?

I would do the math myself on the MNK dps spreadsheet but I can't figure out how to input taeon pieces into the gear section, or if that's even possible.
By geigei 2015-07-15 13:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is easy, go to gear list tab on the bottom and just modify random body with taeon stats.

A better than D on a 7k+ VS by 20, both A and D lose to enforcer if acc not needed.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-15 13:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear tab > select a piece of gear 1 slot above where you want the new piece of gear to be added > click insert menu > "insert sheet rows" on the top right of the program. Then add in stats.
By geigei 2015-07-15 13:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Gear tab > select a piece of gear 1 slot above where you want the new piece of gear to be added > click insert menu > "insert sheet rows" on the top right of the program. Then add in stats.

You how to add martial arts?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-15 13:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't used the MNK spreadsheet before, but I know that for BLU, DNC, COR and the like, there is a category for DW on gear. Check to see if there's one for MA for MNK. My browser is having issues downloading at the moment, so I can't check right away.
By geigei 2015-07-15 13:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looked all over, i found only footwork, boost and focus mnk related, i'm curious about count cuffs and bhikku cyclas when using alluvion.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-17 02:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested count's cuffs already for MNK, can find the results some pages ago.
There can be a couple of very rare situations where Count's Cuffs provide some very very small benefit, but they are mostly crap.
Also my tests were performed to check for "Taeon alternatives".

MNK has so many decent (but inferior) alternatives to Taeon, that it's hard to find a spot for Count's Cuffs.

The situation is slightly better for PUP, since PUP has a much smaller range of possible equipment. Count's Cuffs for PUP are slghtly better than they are for MNK, but they aren't particularly stellar for PUP either, and still inferior to Taeon in 99.9% of situations.
By geigei 2015-07-17 02:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried some ghetto test lowering ohrmazd dly to simulate count and emp body, both lose dps but i hear SE recently changed TP gain for low dly.
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 363 364 365