First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 262 263 264
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-08 18:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

After running those Shijo augments and comparing it to taming sari's augments, the Sari wins by a little with normal knives, and by a lot with Vajra. The issue is that Shijo is fixed augments, while getting a perfect augment Sari may take a lot of Sinister Reign runs.
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-09 01:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijo might be nice for something like salvage where the extra DW would be helpful rather than hurtful. Also it probably proc flee like the chicken knife, so that will speed up a run.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-09 02:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I...think I want Shibo-B and Shijo-D as my daggers...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-09 06:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind, I think two max Taming Sari's would be overall amazing. Wish it was something other than TH in the final slot, though. Daggers with STR/DEX/Acc/Att+20, TA+3% and then subtle blow+8...man...

Not to mention the smaller defensive bonus' from the VIT/INT/MND. Taking less damage is pretty nice in this crazy AOE world.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-11 19:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know what the original empy set rate was, but has anyone parsed the 2 piece empy set bonus for us? With Floral Gauntlets I'm considering breaking my 2pc, even though it seems a bit silly with gifts bringing us to almost 50% TA, it feels like the set bonus should be worth it pretty well...
By Sidiov 2015-08-13 14:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
On another note after getting 550 JP on THF I had to alter all my haste setups and I can no longer use canny cape in haste capped situations without going over on DW. The only feasible alternative I've found so far is lupine cape which I am happy with but I wondered if anyone found a better alternative (for TP set)?
How would Bleating Mantle fare?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2015-08-13 15:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What comes out on top if one has a perfect Taming Sari and no mythic? What should I use in place of a second perfect Taming Sari?
 Ragnarok.Wheeldog
Server: Ragnarok
user: Wheeldog
By Ragnarok.Wheeldog 2015-08-15 11:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
What comes out on top if one has a perfect Taming Sari and no mythic? What should I use in place of a second perfect Taming Sari?
Seems with perfect taming on main hand sub choices are:
Perfect Taming > Shijo A > Shijo B > Shijo C > Nibiru C roughly = Jugo +1 > Taming with no augs > Iziikoh > Odium > Atoyac (att/oat)

If you go route A or B though you lose significant acc (less so on B) which will matter against the stuff I fight at least. The STR does seem to count for more than the extra attack on C however. Would take a lot of work to figure out how much, but Shijo D is great for solo farming if you wanna use it in place of a blurred or other options. B might be a good middle of the road option between dmg and acc.

Here is my edited spreadsheet, note I did hard change the base dw for 99 thf to reflect 550 job points on Data tab H21 and I21.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ppukne75dibe7qq

I assume you are up to date with the Rudras nerf ect? Also did you modify anything to accommodate any other gifts other than the 550 DW or does the spreadsheet handle this somehow now? Thanks
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-15 15:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the process of a complete update to the THF spreadsheet, which will include job points, gifts, cheers, and all new gear. Ideally, I would love to put things like vorseals and newer NM listings but science team seems to not have that information ready to go.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-18 13:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

how hard is Amymone to get pop and kill? (shijo)
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-08-21 16:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I just got back to the game after a few months and was wondering which reforges are still relevant. I obviously have Plunderer armlets +1 and Skulkerer's poulaines for TH, but was wondering if Pillagers got replaced for stacked WS. I have 5/5 decently augmented Taeon, but still rocking Izhii/Juogi because it's been like 4 months since I last played/got banned. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-25 09:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gordel1432 said: »
Is windbuffet belt +1 still good for tping?
Under capped haste sure, otherwise a DW belt will probably be best.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-25 09:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologise, I was referring to capped magic haste, generally achievable with trusts or in a party situation but not solo.
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-25 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magi said: »
Hey guys, I just got back to the game after a few months and was wondering which reforges are still relevant. I obviously have Plunderer armlets +1 and Skulkerer's poulaines for TH, but was wondering if Pillagers got replaced for stacked WS. I have 5/5 decently augmented Taeon, but still rocking Izhii/Juogi because it's been like 4 months since I last played/got banned. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
Rawhide path A beats out all Pillagers except for the legs. Pillager legs got beat out by Lustratio Subligar. Rawhide mask A got beat by perfect augs Lilitu Headpiece, however when it comes to stacked Adhemar Bonnet wins. Adhemar Wristbands are better than rawhide gloves. I have Lustratio leggings +1 beating out rawhide as well, especially if you also have the +1 Subligar. Not sure about the NQ as it's path D got more dex than it's path B, but I haven't seen the NQ path D. I personally prefer Abnoba Kaftan over Enforcer's harness because of the attack, and I imagine the drop rate on Enforcer's is pretty low.

New better daggers are Taming Sari and Shijo. Taming Sari is better suited as your main hand as it has much higher base damage and either would work for offhand. Personally I'm thinking about offhanding the Shijo, because flee.

Edit: a lot of this is subject to change as more path D augments are discovered.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-25 19:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm over 45% TA rate right now, so I am ever more in favor of Chiner's +1 for TP. 5% bonus TA damage is about 2% more melee damage, and I am pulling off 3-part skillchains so I don't think I'm losing much TP gain.

Post deleted by User.
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-26 19:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas ring was over oneiros last I checked, very probably that Petrov Ring beats out Rajas ever so slightly.
By Nyruul 2015-08-26 20:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
Nyruul said: »
Ulthakptah said: »
Why does everything think thf self skillchains?

A moderately geared THF can easily open with a stacked Rudra's then build TP fast enough to close darkness with a 1k Rudra's. Obviously the reverse would be more effective but is not possible.

A Bard can open with Evisceration, a THF can close Darkness with a stack rudra's and then the THF or BRD can close another Darkness after.

I use to do things like this in pug groups a lot. Especially with ones that generally don't have good TP sets where my BRD out runs them in TP gain.

See that's what I'm saying, thf could, but it shouldn't it's a waste of tp to. Non stacked rudra's at 1000tp, why even bother. You would probably get better numbers with evis anyway. When I party we tend to come up with skillchains before the fight, normally with thf at the end. More often then not it's been pld Savage Blade with my Mandalic Stab.

From the Scythe thread....

Darkness damage when you are playing with players who are not trying to skillchain, or will not listen. As far as I could ever tell you are right about
1k evis > 1k rudra's. In a first darkness skillchain Evis can close Rudra's for darkness. The point however was THF self skillchaining.

Another question could be raised, why do some THF's use unstacked rudra's at 3k instead of 2k? It seems obvious the sweet spot for Rudra's is 2k unless you are using SATA and waiting to close, then you mine as well or just going to end up getting the 3k.

Everything is situational and in the right situation THF obviously can self skillchain. My use for THF has always mostly been solo farming so I utilize self skillchains when I can.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-26 20:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally only use unstacked Rudra's for self-sc purposes. Been dualboxing Vedrfolnir and man is 3-stepping amazing. Even if it's only a 5k unstacked Rudra's the 3-step darkness can triple damage, making it 20k overall damage. And I've been playing around with /sam and between meditate, despoil (capped JP) and sekkanoki I can even manage to stack the closing Rudra's sometimes, hitting 13k Rudra's and getting a 40k darkness added on. Had a 3-part SC on Vedr get him down to 15% HP, and I was dualboxing with my WHM, with a real geo (and not Sylvie) giving fury/frailty could've finished him off with it.
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-26 20:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do bad players do anything? I don't know how many people I told to stop using SATA together during the bandwagon. They just told me "Well both were up!" Ugh...

Though when I farm job points I tend to hold tp till the mob starts to ready a tp move then kill it so it doesn't go off. It takes a lot of the headache out of things.

Anyway the sweet spot doesn't really exist anymore. That is something that particularly frustrated me about the nerf. Before ftp at 2000 was 2.5 times what it was at 1000. Now it's only 2.038. Once you start taking into account all the extra and offhand hits the benefits of using it at 2000 tp shrink even more. You end off doing better damage per tp as soon as you get tp like other jobs, and evis becomes the better ws because of all the various crit options available to thf.

Other situations like having Vajra can make mandalic the better choice for unstacked as well. A lot of it comes down to the dagger you are using. I don't use Jugo +1 anymore basically trading off tp gain for ws damage.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 262 263 264