First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-18 13:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
That would mean you would only really need to have one HQ item if you have all 4 items.

10 + 10 + 10 + 15 = 45,

3 HQ items would do 45%, but I'd think you want to carry Mending Cape as well since it has the other effect of "Enhances Divine Caress effect".

I think the most efficient way to hit the supposed 45% cap would be either:

Mending Cape: 10%
Haoma's Ring: 15%
Malison Medallion: 10%
Heiros Mittens: 10%

or~

any combination of Mending Cape + 2 other 10% items and 1 15% item.

I would think Debilis Medallion would not be worth the trouble as Haoma's Ring offers more utility atm.

Yep, very true. I'd personally go with 2x Haoma's ring + mending cape for a straight 40% since the other two pieces would be Cursna specific and I don't have the inventory for that. I would probably use 2x Haoma's Ring over Haoma's + Sirona's to save inventory in my cure sets just because of the fact the power difference is 4.25 power (1 or 2 HP cured)

It's not 45%, but I dunno if I would carry the -1 inventory piece of gear for that remaining 5%.
 Asura.Finbar
Server: Asura
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2013-07-22 09:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's simple enough to put the mittens in the Sack/Satchel to pull into inventory for Curse-heavy mobs.

Amazing guide, by the way. I never bothered even looking for a WHM guide since I've been playing the job for almost eleven years, but you really blew away my expectations with the amount of detail you put into this. Great resource for new and returning players alike.
[+]
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-07-24 21:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't remember where I saw the discussion, but could you post the gearsets for maximizing -curecast/fastcat for cures 1-6, and all of the curagas? I can't get the sweet spot in -cure cast gear/fast cast gear to allow my xml to swap everything in time.

at the moment, I currently use Nares Cap, Orison Locket, Heka Body, AF3+2 Legs, Loquac. Earring for cure precast. I feel like I could be adding more (based on the different cures)

I figured Heka's Kalasiris and Orison Pantaln.+2 would be staple for cure pre-casting, because their fastcast counterparts do not do better (Anhur Robe/Orvail Legs). I have Nares Cap, Orison Locket, Loquac. Earring, Magavan Mittens, Chelona Boots, Witful Belt(I don't care for instacast much), and Swith Cape as possible slot-fillers.

EDIT: I have 5/5 -Curecast merits, and I strictly sub Scholar. I haven't used /rdm ever on white mage.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-24 21:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
I couldn't remember where I saw the discussion, but could you post the gearsets for maximizing -curecast/fastcat for cures 1-6, and all of the curagas? I can't get the sweet spot in -cure cast gear/fast cast gear to allow my xml to swap everything in time. at the moment, I currently use Nares Cap, Orison Locket, Heka Body, AF3+2 Legs, Loquac. Earring for cure precast. I feel like I could be adding more (based on the different cures) I figured Heka's Kalasiris and Orison Pantaln.+2 would be staple for cure pre-casting, because their fastcast counterparts do not do better (Anhur Robe/Orvail Legs). I have Nares Cap, Orison Locket, Loquac. Earring, Magavan Mittens, Chelona Boots, Witful Belt(I don't care for instacast much), and Swith Cape as possible slot-fillers. EDIT: I have 5/5 -Curecast merits, and I strictly sub Scholar. I haven't used /rdm ever on white mage.

Thats overkill outside of big curaga's. I'd suggest splitting your precast sets into 2-3 categories depending on the cast time of the spell. Cure 1-4 curaga 1-2, cure 5-6 curaga 3-5 would be a nice comprimise.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-07-24 23:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
blah stuff i said

Thats overkill outside of big curaga's. I'd suggest splitting your precast sets into 2-3 categories depending on the cast time of the spell. Cure 1-4 curaga 1-2, cure 5-6 curaga 3-5 would be a nice comprimise.

Right, that's gear I have access to.

as stated:
Quote:
at the moment, I currently use Nares Cap, Orison Locket, Heka Body, AF3+2 Legs, Loquac. Earring for cure precast.

That is what I use. I know I could be pushing cure cast times down more, but I'm not sure where it would be overkill. I already macro in all of my fastcast for curaga 3-5, and macro in most of it for curaga 1-2.

I think my curaga precast is Nares Cap, Orison Locket, Loquac. Earring, Heka's Kalasiris, Magavan Mittens, Chelona Boots, Orison Pantaln.+2, and Swith Cape; typically that spell goes off still kind of slow (huge casting time)

With the Nares Cap/Orison Locket/Heka Body/AF3+2 leg/Loquac. Earring, my cures 1-2 go off too fast, and 3-6 are able to equip all gear in time of the spell getting off. I have toyed with gear sets trying to push my cure cast times, but I'm not able to find that sweet spot for cure casting for all of the spells. (I already have the gear sets ready to be filled out for different spell precast!)
 Carbuncle.Nezea
Server: Carbuncle
user: Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-07-25 04:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Some tips I have found useful for ensuring reliable midcast swap (for spellcast users):

Make a cure precast set that is distinct from your fast cast set; use your cure set as a base set and change as few equipment slots as possible in order to achieve the 80% cast time reduction cap. I try to also choose slots which offer less of a boost to the cure power, so that if midcast does screw up you're not losing quite as much.

Example:

***Add a castdelay of 0.1 to your cures and a midcastdelay of 0.4. This will increase the time between precast and midcast swaps and eliminate the "confusion" that spellcast experiences when these commands are too close together. One might argue that if you're going to add a cast delay then you may as well just drop a bit of fast cast, but I have found it useful to add castdelays of 0.1 to most of my spells anyway since precast sets were not equipping for me consistently without it (I suppose there was not enough time to execute the gear swap before the spell started casting, but this may depend on your connection). The 0.1 seconds is negligible and in practice you don't even notice it.

With this setup I have found my midcast swap to be completely reliable for cures 3, 4 and 5, even with 80% cast reduction. No amount is "overkill" for these spells in my mind. The only thing that may go wrong is if you are currently in cure gear and then start casting another cure (spellcast seems to have problems when taking off a piece of gear and then putting the same piece of gear back on right away) but this is easily rectified by going back to idle gear between spells.

This same method generally applies to all tiers of Curaga just fine.

For cures 1, 2 and 6 the above seems a bit less reliable and I have not found a way around it other than just dropping a bit of fast cast. But realistically, it doesn't make any difference whatsoever since you won't be casting 1 or 2 in an emergency and you won't be casting 6 ever.
By Dantedmc 2013-07-25 06:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think your set actually caps since I believe LA is multiplicative not additive with FC.

Also the only way I've been able to cure with 80% and swap properly is to idle in some of my Precast Gear unfortunately sacrificing either some pdt or refresh. Delay .3 among other things didn't seem to work.
 Carbuncle.Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-07-25 11:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dantedmc said: »
I don't think your set actually caps since I believe LA is multiplicative not additive with FC.

Has this been definitively tested for casting time? I saw some sources that seemed to suggest that it's true for the recast time so it would be natural to expect the same for casting time, but I've still not personally seen a source that confirms it.

In any case that was just an example. I've tested the same method using /RDM with capped fast cast and it works fine. The 0.1 castdelay and 0.4 midcastdelay fixes things up very nicely.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-07-25 12:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
It should be noted that different types of Fast Cast style gear stacks. Fast Cast stacks additively with “Cure” Cast Time Down, Affinity Cast Time, and “Skill” cast time (Such as Healing Magic Skill or Enhancing Magic Skill) while cast time reduction from Light Arts stack multiplicatively. As such, your gearing choices may be different depending on your sub job selection.
:D
 Carbuncle.Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-07-25 13:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. I edited that gear set accordingly. Thanks for pointing that out.
 Carbuncle.Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-07-25 14:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news: the Mending Cape appears to grant exactly one extra resist with Divine Caress (as expected). Tested in Brenner using Blind/Blindna on a low level mule.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-25 15:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

something that you may want to consider is that adding waitsprecast and midcast to Max fastcast can actually slow your casting speed.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-25 15:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

To be perfectly honest, the sweet spot for cures is quite dependant on your own internet connection and how it interacts with the server. >>;

I played around with the settings a lot recently. I could consistently get midcast gear on with a precast delay of 0.5 and a midcast delay of 0.2. But, as mentioned, the more of a precast delay you have, you might as well just start removing pieces of gear at that point in time. I wasn't satisfied with that and even at those delays, my gear wouldn't swap properly at times.

I started playing around with 0.2 precast and 0.2 midcast. This seems most ideal for me. Gear swaps happen consistently enough to where I'm happy (though panicky sometimes) and I feel comfortable in my reaction speeds. After the introduction of Windower 4, I have yet to find a timing that works accurately 80% of the time for myself but generally speaking, it's the precast set that screws up more often then the potency set for me. Oh well.

In terms of what %FC someone should be shooting for. My personal preference is around 70%. That way you get things off fast enough (usually, stupid Canadian internet.......) while still getting into all your cure gear. Take with a grain of salt as my latency can't handle quick changes anyway, let alone spells going off that quickly. Play around with your gear (and merits) and see what you feel is best.

Carbuncle.Nezea said: »
In other news: the Mending Cape appears to grant exactly one extra resist with Divine Caress (as expected). Tested in Brenner using Blind/Blindna on a low level mule.

Thanks for the info!

I don't suppose you know if the cape, when used by itself, only grants a +1 resist amount as well? Also, is there a duration increase in how long Divine Caress lasts if both pieces of equipment are combined?

[EDIT] Updated Cursna section to reflect the information found on the JP Wiki.
 Carbuncle.Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-07-25 16:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

To be perfectly honest, the sweet spot for cures is quite dependant on your own internet connection and how it interacts with the server. >>;

I played around with the settings a lot recently. I could consistently get midcast gear on with a precast delay of 0.5 and a midcast delay of 0.2. But, as mentioned, the more of a precast delay you have, you might as well just start removing pieces of gear at that point in time. I wasn't satisfied with that and even at those delays, my gear wouldn't swap properly at times.

I started playing around with 0.2 precast and 0.2 midcast. This seems most ideal for me. Gear swaps happen consistently enough to where I'm happy (though panicky sometimes) and I feel comfortable in my reaction speeds. After the introduction of Windower 4, I have yet to find a timing that works accurately 80% of the time for myself but generally speaking, it's the precast set that screws up more often then the potency set for me. Oh well.

May I ask why you use precastdelay instead of just castdelay? My understanding is that your precast gear won't even swap until the precastdelay is over, so it's not quite clear to me why precastdelay would do...well...anything for you. It would seem more preferable to me to equip the precast gear and then only delay the cast (this would ensure that you get the full benefits of your precast set, as well as prolonging the time in between precast and midcast swaps, which is desirable so that spellcast doesn't get confused). I've heard of many others who also use precastdelay and I wondered if there is something I'm missing. It was castdelay that fixed everything for me though.

Quote:
Thanks for the info!

I don't suppose you know if the cape, when used by itself, only grants a +1 resist amount as well? Also, is there a duration increase in how long Divine Caress lasts if both pieces of equipment are combined?

The test we performed was just with the cape by itself. The cape actually belongs to a friend of mine and he only has the AF3+1 hands so unfortunately that doesn't allow for the full range of testing that I would have liked. I've yet to get my own mending cape because the drop rates are just abysmal. If only I could trade in the 13 other capes I got that I don't want at all :\ anyway, we didn't check the duration yet either but maybe we'll try that another day.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-25 17:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

May I ask why you use precastdelay instead of just castdelay? My understanding is that your precast gear won't even swap until the precastdelay is over, so it's not quite clear to me why precastdelay would do...well...anything for you. It would seem more preferable to me to equip the precast gear and then only delay the cast (this would ensure that you get the full benefits of your precast set, as well as prolonging the time in between precast and midcast swaps, which is desirable so that spellcast doesn't get confused). I've heard of many others who also use precastdelay and I wondered if there is something I'm missing. It was castdelay that fixed everything for me though.

My Spellcast uses castdelay. I just use that term with precast rather interchangeably because I feel they mean the exact same thing. I apologize for the confusion.

The test we performed was just with the cape by itself. The cape actually belongs to a friend of mine and he only has the AF3+1 hands so unfortunately that doesn't allow for the full range of testing that I would have liked. I've yet to get my own mending cape because the drop rates are just abysmal. If only I could trade in the 13 other capes I got that I don't want at all :\ anyway, we didn't check the duration yet either but maybe we'll try that another day.

Well, that sucks :/ I have no luck myself. I'm hoping to eventually get it. Thanks for looking into everything thus far though.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-27 21:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Small update bump:

Added a brief blurb to Divine Caress with the information provided earlier by Nezea. Will do more testing once I can get my own cape X-x....

Also added a brief blurb to Cursna and its interaction with Divine Caress. Cursna that removes Doom while under the influence of Divine Caress will also grant the target the "doom" shield effect for X amount of applications (based on the gear worn at the time). This can be incredibly useful for certain fights like Yumcax when it likes to spam Timbrrrrrrr a lot. Be forewarned that Divine Caress is still consumed even if the Cursna fails to remove Doom.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-27 22:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it also give extra duration like the other pieces?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-27 22:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Does it also give extra duration like the other pieces?

She mentioned a bit later down the line that she hadn't tested that bit. If I can get my hands on the cape, I'll let you know.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-27 22:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have it, I'm just lazy! :3 I might try it later after Dakuwaqa.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-28 11:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have it, I'm just lazy! :3 I might try it later after Dakuwaqa.

=D That'd be great. I imagine this goes without saying since I know you're good at testing, but don't forget to check durations with just only the cape and while the cape and gloves are equipped. It'd be funny to find out that the gloves and cape don't stack, effectively making the cape useless for Divine Caress (wouldn't put it past SE ._. ...)
By krish 2013-07-28 13:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding: Tamaxchi

Their "magic accuracy" caps at 29 instead of the 90 on the English version

Anyone know if the m. accuracy is 29 or 90? Maybe I'll have to wait until the next update for them to fix the translation erros? I was just about to get this for my WHM, RDM, and SCH but that was predicated on the 90 accuracy. If it has 29 m. accuracy, I'll stick with Chatoyant and it's 30 m. accuracy.
By cravygravy 2013-07-28 13:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

krish said: »
Regarding: Tamaxchi

Their "magic accuracy" caps at 29 instead of the 90 on the English version

Anyone know if the m. accuracy is 29 or 90? Maybe I'll have to wait until the next update for them to fix the translation erros? I was just about to get this for my WHM, RDM, and SCH but that was predicated on the 90 accuracy. If it has 29 m. accuracy, I'll stick with Chatoyant and it's 30 m. accuracy.

Soothsayer getting ~150 magic accuracy in update! lol just wait for that!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By krish 2013-07-28 15:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

cravygravy said: »
Soothsayer getting ~150 magic accuracy in update! lol just wait for that!

I was about to say that 150 m. accuracy is crazy but then I remembered that... this... is... SE!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-28 15:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I was just told wrong, or no one ever bothered to look at it or they changed it at some point, but duration of the resistance is 3 minutes flat no matter how many charges you have (Naked, Hands Only, Cape Only, Hands + Cape are all @ 3 minutes and Hands+Cape indeed does give 4 charges just to clock in and agree).

I'm pretty sure at one point it was 1 minute with no gear, so I don't know what they did!
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-28 21:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I was just told wrong, or no one ever bothered to look at it or they changed it at some point, but duration of the resistance is 3 minutes flat no matter how many charges you have (Naked, Hands Only, Cape Only, Hands + Cape are all @ 3 minutes and Hands+Cape indeed does give 4 charges just to clock in and agree).

I'm pretty sure at one point it was 1 minute with no gear, so I don't know what they did!

Well, that's good to know. I guess it was an unannounced hot fix on their end as I also distinctly recall the "prevention" effect only being one minute in duration on introduction. Oh well! ~Changes Guide~

Thanks for the testing!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-08-01 15:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For non-Spellcast WHM, as I prefer to work with scripts for multiple reasons, including ease of use, random server lag, and it gives me more inventory for other useful sets. I finally reworked my WHM Cure sets to correspond with Tamaxchi.

Looking for the most efficient way to cap Cure potency/cure cast time/enmity or as close to it as I can get.

Augments not seen here include:

Genbu's Shield: +3% Cure potency, -8% Cure cast time
Zenith Pumps +1: +4% Cure potency, -8% cure casting time

ItemSet 277986

Atm this is the single target set, Currently sitting at 50% Cure potency, 80% Cure cast time(with merits), and -29 Enmity(with merits), using the obviously important Empyrean +2 Body seems to be limiting me from capping -Enmity atm. I know there is -enmity on the ammo slot, but I really like having a base 5% chance to OQS on cures.

ItemSet 277987

Curaga set, currently happy with this atm, as I am capped on all fronts.

+53% Cure potency(don't need cure pot on Genbu's for this set, but I do need the cure cast, and I don't really see anywhere viable to cut it out.)

-80% Cure casting time(with merits)
-50 Enmity (with merits)

Now I do realize there's a version update coming up in a couple of days, so this may change, or stay the same, assuming if any viable pieces of gear are added to the game.

But I THINK this is as best I can balance the 3 stats atm with current content. If anyone sees anything I could have missed let me know.
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2013-08-01 15:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
For non-Spellcast WHM, as I prefer to work with scripts for multiple reasons, including ease of use, random server lag, and it gives me more inventory for other useful sets. I finally reworked my WHM Cure sets to correspond with Tamaxchi.

Looking for the most efficient way to cap Cure potency/cure cast time/enmity or as close to it as I can get.

Augments not seen here include:

Genbu's Shield: +3% Cure potency, -8% Cure cast time
Zenith Pumps +1: +4% Cure potency, -8% cure casting time

ItemSet 277986

Atm this is the single target set, Currently sitting at 50% Cure potency, 80% Cure cast time(with merits), and -29 Enmity(with merits), using the obviously important Empyrean +2 Body seems to be limiting me from capping -Enmity atm. I know there is -enmity on the ammo slot, but I really like having a base 5% chance to OQS on cures.

ItemSet 277987

Curaga set, currently happy with this atm, as I am capped on all fronts.

+53% Cure potency(don't need cure pot on Genbu's for this set, but I do need the cure cast, and I don't really see anywhere viable to cut it out.)

-80% Cure casting time(with merits)
-50 Enmity (with merits)

Now I do realize there's a version update coming up in a couple of days, so this may change, or stay the same, assuming if any viable pieces of gear are added to the game.

But I THINK this is as best I can balance the 3 stats atm with current content. If anyone sees anything I could have missed let me know.
Missing Spellcast
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-01 18:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

@Wakmidget

It seems like you're using scripts for a single gear swap on spells. It is possible to do prescast and mid cast setups with scripts, they just tend to be slightly more involved. For example, this is the macro I used before I went to using Spellcast:

/recast "Cure IV"
/ta <stpc>
/console exec WHM/CureIV.txt

The CureIV.txt scrpit calls the following:

exec WHM/Gear/FastCure.txt;
pause 0.1;
input /ma "Cure IV" <lastst>;
exec WHM/Gear/CureX.txt;

This will allow you the benefit of having a precast setup as well as a midcast setup that is more flexible than before.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-01 19:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

/console exec whm/precure.txt
/ma "cure IV" <stal>
/wait 1
/console exec whm/cure.txt
/wait 3
/console exec whm/idle.txt

works also, but the waits are far less accurate and adjustable.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19