On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-05-15 00:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Was talking with a friend about Chatoyant with Light Weather sets, and finally realized a use for Bokwus gloves. Well, pre-intel of all the stats you can augment on them, but they seem to work nicely in a set for Aurorastorm and keeping potency up while keeping Twilight Cape, Orison bliaud/pantaloons +2 on. Don't have a set to post up at the moment, quite tired, actually.

EDIT: Waiting on a download, so here ya go.
Single Target:
ItemSet 301068

Curaga:
ItemSet 301069

Technically, if you have a convert set, could trigger Medicine Ring and swap out Phalania locket for Colossus's torque for the single target set. No point in triggering for Curaga set though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-05-15 18:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Was talking with a friend about Chatoyant with Light Weather sets, and finally realized a use for Bokwus gloves. Well, pre-intel of all the stats you can augment on them, but they seem to work nicely in a set for Aurorastorm and keeping potency up while keeping Twilight Cape, Orison bliaud/pantaloons +2 on. Don't have a set to post up at the moment, quite tired, actually.

EDIT: Waiting on a download, so here ya go.
Single Target:
ItemSet 301068

Curaga:
ItemSet 301069

Technically, if you have a convert set, could trigger Medicine Ring and swap out Phalania locket for Colossus's torque for the single target set. No point in triggering for Curaga set though.

This is actually a good point to cover because of the efficiency this brings WHM cures to. You're looking at the following:

1.5 (capped potency) * 1.25 (Weather bonus + equipment effects) * 87% increase in cure potential on the base cure.

This breaks cure sets wide open because of the potential gains in both MP efficiency (both from higher cure + more MP refunded) and the amount of Cureskin a target gets.

What also helps is that you only really need to carry two pieces of extra gear to make this happen (Twilight Cape + Elemental Obi). The problem is needing to be in a party with a SCH all the time (or be lucky and do events all the time on Lightsday), so a players mileage may vary with this set.

For those who make use of Spellcast and have the extra two slots of inventory for such a niche use, I do HIGHLY recommend building a variable set that can make use of these additional effects as the bonuses they provide are incredible. Even if you just swap out Arka IV with the staff and put on Twilight Cape over Tempered (-18% total), you're looking at positive gains:

1.32 * 1.25 = 65% increase in cure potential
 Ragnarok.Laehn
user: Laehn
By Ragnarok.Laehn 2013-05-16 01:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ghishlain said: »
The problem is needing to be in a party with a SCH all the time (or be lucky and do events all the time on Lightsday), so a players mileage may vary with this set.

Just to clarify, the 'Iridescence' effect from Chatoyant Staff I believe only works under the effect of weather making it superior to an Arka IV (or other curing weapon of your choice) in an even fewer amount of cases (Limbus, Nyzul, and parties where you have an attentive SCH) and must be used with a Korin Obi to force the extra Iridescence effect. But you still get a great benefit on Lightsday from using Korin Obi and Twilight Cape with your cures, inventory permitting. They're nice pieces of gear for Holy too and integral to any hardcore SCH's cure set.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2013-05-20 10:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of the new delve gear optimal for healing? I wasn't sure if you just hadn't updated or if it just wasn't as good. I'm hoping for not as good, because I already have too much delve stuff I need @_@
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-20 11:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
Any of the new delve gear optimal for healing? I wasn't sure if you just hadn't updated or if it just wasn't as good. I'm hoping for not as good, because I already have too much delve stuff I need @_@
Bokwus Hands allows you to free up your earring slot (see ya later Roundel), and replace it with a healing skill+ earring if I remember right.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-05-20 11:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
Bokwus Hands allows you to free up your earring slot (see ya later Roundel), and replace it with a healing skill+ earring if I remember right.

just as Quetz mentioned:

ItemSet 284234

That should be what you're looking at for absolute optimal. You're not looking at much gain however just because you're probably squeezing about 3-4 more power (1 more HP on Cure IV and Cure V).

If anything, Bokwus gloves is a great investment overall as it fits into a variety of hybrid sets for Cure (such as -enmity or melee sets) and can also be used as a great enfeebling piece when it has full MACC augments attached.

Do note that Bokwus Gloves only really starts to come ahead when it's fully augmented because losing the 15 skill in the hands slot is really hard to make up for.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-05-27 03:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice read on whmja :D
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-08 16:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro Bump detected for July 8th Update Notes

Let's get to it!.... SE, you're drunk. >>;

Um, MACC + MND, "Magic Damage" (which is different from Magic Attack Bonus) makes this the contender for best enfeebling piece (MACC piece in general, I'd imagine). Depending on the math of "Magic Damage", can make for a great nuking piece. Oh, and Magic Evasion for those MDT sets since it's quite easy to cap MDT on White Mage.

Oh look, it has 20 STR and 20 DEX too. HELLO MELEE WHMS!

It's a good enmity back piece for enmity enthusiasts. Enhances Cursna is nothing to really laugh about. I'm most curious about the Divine Caress effect as I am a huge proponent of Divine Caress itself. If it adds another 2 "blocks" of resistances or extends the duration beyond 3 minutes (or both!), I'd be very happy.

8 MND, bested by refraction cape due to it's MACC, so we're not getting this for the MND alone. The Cure castime is kinda meh in my opinion because of the fact we have a decent fast cast back option already and most people should be capping Cure cast time in some capacity without this cape. I don't like the cape personally, but if it's easy to access (if it's from the field Delve NMs in the new zone), can be a good piece to work towards until other options become available in other slots.

Technically speaking, Orvail souliers is still better thanks to the MACC on them (or even fully MACC upgrades Bokwus boots), but has the nice flavour text of "Enhances Enfeebling Magic effect", so I will wait until some testing is done to see what it does. I'm... not sure what to make of this otherwise, honestly. Once again, an MDT piece thanks to the Magic Evasion.

Oh, and slapping things with a club too!

For the up-and-coming melee inclined, this should be a simple accuracy piece to get since I believe this will be a Bayld reward item. 15 Acc is nice! However....

W...T...F... S... E...

Umm, let's go through the list of HOLY WTHS!
  • MACC +90 - making it THE BEST enfeebling (or even MACC!) weapon in the game, BAR NONE. Sure, you don't get any MND out of it, but I'm fairly certain you can pad other slots with MND

• Magic Damage +99 - this point is pending how Magic Damage works. As you can see here, Magic Damage is a separate term form MAB, making it a different step in the calculation process. How? We dunno yet?! I guess

• Cure Potency +22% - Outside of straight up enmity builds, this more or less trashes every other option in the cure potency slot alone. Combine with Genbu's Shield for 27% potency and comes with a nice 15 Healing Magic Skill to boot!

• 188 Club Skill - Go home SE, you're drunk. So, to put that into perspective, that's 169 Accuracy and 188 Attack ON A SINGLE WEAPON (Edit: read update notes more thoroughly, will depend on what exactly this combat stat means). Off hand this sucker with a main hand Sharur or just main hand this with an off hand kraken club and just well, I think this speaks for itself (24.4 DPS on the weapon alone, for those curious)

So, yeah, that's the update in a nut shell. As an aside, 85% of the melee guide is posted and I've also put in two spellcasts for people's viewing pleasure. This update was done about 6 weeks ago, but I just didn't want to state it since the melee section (still!) isn't done yet.
[+]
By blackmagus 2013-07-08 16:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like healers mitts +1 are back in slot lol
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-08 16:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In my current optimal set, if you swap Tamaxchi over Tefnut, swap Orison Earring with Roundel Earring, swap Colossus's Torque with Phalaina Locket, and swap Bokwus Gloves (fully augmented) with Healer's Mitts +1 you're looking at +18 skill and -11 MND, leading to a net gain of about 12.5 power (or about 5-8 more HP cured). Take it as you will.

I would probably still hold onto Bokwus Gloves as a good hybrid Potency + enfeebling piece.

The new club does break melee cure sets wide open, as if you aren't using that club, you're crazy. I guess I can go throw out my DEX and STR clubs if I can get a hold of a Tamaxchi.
By blackmagus 2013-07-08 19:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Every gain is a gain! I'm curious now where they actually come from, guess we will know soon enough.
 Asura.Voevode
Server: Asura
user: voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-09 04:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at sets with this new club, I originally came up with the set you just described:

ItemSet 307333

However you can gain 2-3 HP per cure from this set:

ItemSet 307386

EXTREMELY minor difference in cure power.

Edit: In cure power speak, you lose 20 cure power in mnd/healing skill from neck/hands and gain 22 from Bokwus (Rank 15), Colossus, Shield, and Healing Earring.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-09 06:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure upgrades are upgrades, and if people are inclined, go for it! =D

As an aside, I re-read the patch notes again in more detail (I haven't had time to give it a thorough once over, my analysis above was based on a quick skim of the notes and BG just before I left work and my power at home has been out until this morning). To quote Sylow, read the damn patch notes! lol... >>;

To quote SE:

Square-Enix Patch Notes said:
Addition of items increasing combat skill strength
Some weapons that have displayed item levels have the effect of increasing combat skill strength.

This increase in combat skill strength differs from the effects of attributes such as "Sword skill +X," and are calculated independently for main and sub weapons.
* At present, this increase is added only for a specific subset of equipment. Other equipment will be made compatible with this functionality at a later date.
* This functionality will not be reflected in the combat skill section of the status screen.
* For the hand-to-hand skill, values have been set with consideration given the fact that damage values increase as the skill increases.

So, we will see how this pans out and this might not be as game busting as initially taken. I sorta do feel the +188 isn't as arbitrary as it seems, given +188 "skill" may be an indication of how much extra "skill" SE would expect a player to have if they were say, level 120 (this is about a 9 skill/level increase).
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-07-09 13:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not exactly a fan of gearing WHM only for when things go right. Screw ups happen, and when it does happen, -enm is a thing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Registry
Server: Lakshmi
user: R3G1STRY
By Lakshmi.Registry 2013-07-09 23:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I'm not exactly a fan of gearing WHM only for when things go right. Screw ups happen, and when it does happen, -enm is a thing.

Lots of this, especially since there's almost no detriment to using a few enmity- pieces.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-10 00:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

-Enm is pretty helpful, especially in Ceizak fracture >_>
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-11 22:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Update:
  • Adjusted description within the enmity gear section

• Adjusted Cure section slightly to reflect the idea that cure sets are extremely malleable upon hitting that 50% + gear threshold

• Added a -50 enmity set to the Curaga section

• Completed quick gear sets for melee section as well as organized them to look more aesthetically appealing

To Do:
  • Node the whole guide

• Update Spellcasts in guide to be more efficient and organized

• Optimize sets in melee portion of the guide and add average DPS / WS damage calculations

Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-07-12 05:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Update:

[*]Added a -50 enmity set to the Curaga section

[/list]

Just a quick question about your -emn Curaga set. (Sorry to be a pain) Don't they work on the old MND formula and AS stoneskin does not effect them either, so how come Orison Bliaud +2? Unless something has change recently that I have missed. (Not WHMed since the update) :S
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-12 06:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
Update:

[/list]

Just a quick question about your -emn Curaga set. (Sorry to be a pain) Don't they work on the old MND formula and AS stoneskin does not effect them either, so how come Orison Bliaud +2? Unless something has change recently that I have missed. (Not WHMed since the update) :S

You're right, lol. I've gotten too used to auto-including Bliaud +2 and Pantaloons +2 to anything Cure related that it slipped my mind when I built the set.

On hindsight though, it's not necessarily a bad thing to use Bliaud +2 on that particular Curaga set either. Since Tranquil Heart is Healing Skill based, and if we assume a linear progress, Bliaud +2 does offer +20 skill which automatically get the White Mage to the next tier of Tranquil Heart (An additional -1 Enmity that stacks multiplicative with the gear), so it's not necessarily a bad choice if you're going for absolute optimized -enmity.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-07-12 07:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Update:

[/list]

You're right, lol. I've gotten too used to auto-including Bliaud +2 and Pantaloons +2 to anything Cure related that it slipped my mind when I built the set.

On hindsight though, it's not necessarily a bad thing to use Bliaud +2 on that particular Curaga set either. Since Tranquil Heart is Healing Skill based, and if we assume a linear progress, Bliaud +2 does offer +20 skill which automatically get the White Mage to the next tier of Tranquil Heart (An additional -1 Enmity that stacks multiplicative with the gear), so it's not necessarily a bad choice if you're going for absolute optimized -enmity.

Didn't mean to nit pick :P Had totally forgotten about Tranquil Heart :O Does it cap at 500 though? Only asked as I'm still building my curaga set (at -30 currently =() and not being stuck in Orison Bliaud +2 helped.

Getting Wohpe's Sabot's to drop though is a massive pain in the ***. Not even done a Tojil run anyway but figure low emn curaga's (usually Penery before also) will really help me out in future if I ever stop sitting on my own in Nostromo lol.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-12 08:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't mean to nit pick :P Had totally forgotten about Tranquil Heart :O Does it cap at 500 though? Only asked as I'm still building my curaga set (at -30 currently =() and not being stuck in Orison Bliaud +2 helped.

Getting Wohpe's Sabot's to drop though is a massive pain in the ***. Not even done a Tojil run anyway but figure low emn curaga's (usually Penery before also) will really help me out in future if I ever stop sitting on my own in Nostromo lol.

Orvail souliers makes for a very good substitute to Wohpe's sabots as it provides both a -5 Enmity and 14 MND to help out with the Curagas. Personally speaking, I haven't noticed any hate issues at all on Tojil + NMs, and that's including when Incinerating Lahar goes off and DDs are whacking at a snails pace. Usually I'm hitting back to back to back Curagas and throwing in the occasional Accession + Cure IV when Incinerating Lahar goes off for a potent Stoneskin on all my party members.

The enmity set is more useful on certain instances like, as Calipso mentioned above, Ceizak, when the bee starts throwing out hate resets and then the fracture pulls off the super evasive buff and DDs can't re-accumulate hate effectively at that point in time (on top of the ever increase -DT). Key thing is to stay below the hate of the DD with the lowest amount of hate.

[EDIT] Tranquil Heart does indeed cap at 500 Healing Skill. White Mages are at 440 skill with capped and merited, so we aren't too far off from that 500 mark thankfully (and get -22 Enmity naturally, woo!)
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-14 11:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Update Bump:

Following item sets have been adjusted with new equipment in mind:
  • Cure (Optimial)

• Cure (Max MND)

• Curaga (Optimal)

• Cursna (Max Enhance)

• Divine (Max MACC)

• Enfeebling (Max MACC)

• Enfeebling (Hybrid Potency)

• MDT

• Fast Cast (Cure Cast Time Reduction)

• Realmrazer ("Optimal")

• Hexa Strike ("Optimal")

• Mystic Boon ("Optimal")

• Randgrith ("Optimal")

• Randgrith (Accuracy)

• Shattersoul ("Optimal")

• Cataclysm ("Optimal")

• Spirit Taker ("Optimal")

Please let me know if something seems amiss. Thank you ^_^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-14 13:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Could update the club skill+ moonlight set with the new club for massive mp gain, no need for whm to waste those dusty wings right

=p You know, I wonder if that would actually work, given the new club doesn't act like "true" Club skill. I know it's just a joke though since you're still better off smashing for a 1K Mystic Boon xD

It has been brought to my attention that Healing Magic Skill supposedly caps at 500. While this is true for Tranquil Heart as per enmity tests by Sawtelle and Japanese Wiki, this is not the case for Cure "Power", as shown below.

Furen cure calculator has the follow results for the following skill levels (assuming 92 VIT and 113 MND)

Skill
Cure III
Cure IV
Cure V

My results below substantiates this claim (spoiler tags aren't working for me still O-o):

This idea most likely came about because of the fact that a lot of other spells cap their potency at 500 skill (Boosts, Bar-, Embrava, etc...) with a few notable exceptions such as Square-Enix mentioning that Perfect Defense from Alexander caps at 600 Summoning Skill.

Please don't be fooled when someone tells you that Healing Magic Skill caps at 500 for Cures ^_^
[+]
 Bahamut.Camaroz
Server: Bahamut
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-07-14 13:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I asked about you about this, whilst I did same tests can confirm it as well. Thanks for taking time also :)
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-07-15 02:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

W...T...F... S... E...

Umm, let's go through the list of HOLY WTHS!
  • MACC +90 - making it THE BEST enfeebling (or even MACC!) weapon in the game, BAR NONE. Sure, you don't get any MND out of it, but I'm fairly certain you can pad other slots with MND

• Magic Damage +99 - this point is pending how Magic Damage works. As you can see here, Magic Damage is a separate term form MAB, making it a different step in the calculation process. How? We dunno yet?! I guess

• Cure Potency +22% - Outside of straight up enmity builds, this more or less trashes every other option in the cure potency slot alone. Combine with Genbu's Shield for 27% potency and comes with a nice 15 Healing Magic Skill to boot!

It seems this is misstranslated (Hello MR. "lets add another stat when translating item text") There is no Healing skill + 15 on this Club in the JP and German version of the club, and someone wrote it also on the item page.

No skill:
Quote:
DPS: 2444 DMG:88 Verzögerung:216 INT+5 MND+5 Magiepräzision+90 „Magieattacken-Bonus“+12 Magieschaden+99 Keulen-Fertigkeit+188 Parieren-Fertigkeit+188 Wirksamkeit von „Heilen“+22%
LV 99 WHM BLM RDM SMN BLU SCH GEO

Quote:
DPS: 2444 D88 隔216 INT+5 MND+5 魔命+90 魔攻+12 魔法ダメージ+99 片手棍スキル+188 受け流しスキル+188 ケアル回復量+22%

With Skill lol:

Quote:
DPS: 2444 DMG:88 Delay:216 INT+5 MND+5 Magic Accuracy+90 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+12 Magic Damage+99 Club skill +188 Parrying skill +188 Healing magic skill+15 "Cure" potency+22%

Quote:
DPS: 2444 DMG:88 Délai:216 INT+5 MND+5 Précision magique+29 "Bonus attq. mag."+4 Comp. hache+188 Comp. parade+188 Compétence de magie curative+15 Potentiel de "Soin"+22%

So we see, the french people cant translate from jp, they translate from the english version lol
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-15 12:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
Quote:
Quote: DPS: 2444 DMG:88 Délai:216 INT+5 MND+5 Précision magique+29 "Bonus attq. mag."+4 Comp. hache+188 Comp. parade+188 Compétence de magie curative+15 Potentiel de "Soin"+22%
So we see, the french people cant translate from jp, they translate from the english version lol

And even if they translate from the English, they apparently miss a lot of details O-o Their "magic accuracy" caps at 29 instead of the 90 on the English version and their "Magic Attack Bonus" is 4 instead of the 12 on the English version.

Oh, they're also missing the +99 Magic Damage stat on their as well. Apparently they said "Screw this!" and made up whatever.

So, if the +15 skill is a mistranslation, anyone want to test if it still gives +15 skill anyway? XD I'm still working on WK access since I've ben slow as molasses with life.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-18 12:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Still a pretty darn awesome mace though.

Here's some interesting news from the JP Wiki (thanks to RagnarokFlippant for this):

Malison Medallion

Hieros Mittens

Ephedra Ring

Source from a Japanese strategy magazine/book indicates that the following rates for each of the above pieces of gear is 10%. HQ versions of the synthesis items are 15%. According to the Malison Medallion page, the equipment stacks but caps at a 45% rate.

If we were to follow the trend, this would mean mending cape would have a 10% additional success in removing Doom with Cursna (since all other "NQ" items are 10%")
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-18 13:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Still a pretty darn awesome mace though.

Here's some interesting news from the JP Wiki (thanks to RagnarokFlippant for this):

Malison Medallion

Hieros Mittens

Ephedra Ring

Source from a Japanese strategy magazine/book indicates that the following rates for each of the above pieces of gear is 10%. HQ versions of the synthesis items are 15%. According to the Malison Medallion page, the equipment stacks but caps at a 45% rate.

If we were to follow the trend, this would mean mending cape would have a 10% additional success in removing Doom with Cursna (since all other "NQ" items are 10%")

That would mean you would only really need to have one HQ item if you have all 4 items.

10 + 10 + 10 + 15 = 45,

3 HQ items would do 45%, but I'd think you want to carry Mending Cape as well since it has the other effect of "Enhances Divine Caress effect".

I think the most efficient way to hit the supposed 45% cap would be either:

Mending Cape: 10%
Haoma's Ring: 15%
Malison Medallion: 10%
Heiros Mittens: 10%

or~

any combination of Mending Cape + 2 other 10% items and 1 15% item.

I would think Debilis Medallion would not be worth the trouble as Haoma's Ring offers more utility atm.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19