You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 61 62 63
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-02-04 21:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the updates on the sets above, this helps as a lot of us i'm sure are bringing back our bards from POrter ;)

Anyone have an updated precast Fastcast & SongPrecast set?

Thanks!
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-05 06:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

NOT the best sets, especially for fastcast which is quite lacking, but this is what I'm using at the moment.
Don't use it as an absolute BiS thing, but more as a reference to get some generic guidance as to which direction to head to:

Songs Precast:
Code
sets.precast.songs = {head="Fili Calot +1",
neck="Voltsurge Torque",
ear1="Loquacious Earring", ear2="Enchanter Earring +1",
body="Zendik Robe",
hands="Gendewitha Gages +1",
ring1="Weatherspoon Ring", ring2="Kishar Ring",
back=IntarabusMacc,
waist="Witful belt",
legs="Querkening Brais",
feet=TelchineFeetFC}

Intarabus has CHR+30, Mac/Mdmg+20, FC+10
Telchine Feet has FC+5, Macc+19, CHR+10
Gendewitha Gages+1 has Song casting time -5%
Inyanga+1 body is an excellent alternative for Zendik Robe

Generic FC Precast:
Code
sets.precast.spells = {ammo="Impatiens",
head="Nahtirah Hat",
neck="Voltsurge Torque",
ear1="Loquacious Earring", ear2="Enchanter Earring +1",
body="Zendik Robe",
hands="Leyline Gloves",
ring1="Weatherspoon Ring", ring2="Kishar Ring",
back=IntarabusMacc,
waist="Witful Belt",
legs="Gyve Trousers",
feet=TelchineFeetFC}

Augments are the same as the set above.
Inyanga+1 body still excellent alternative for Zendik.
Chironic feet with FC +7 are better than Telchine.
Leyline have 8% FC.
Orunmila > Voltsurge
Not sure there's a better FC head than Nahtirah.
For legs there's Kayakus and HQ Kayakus of course. Or Lengo Pants!

In neither set I included weapon because I normally don't swap that to keep TP for my Carnwenhan, but if you accept the scenario of swapping weapons, there are plentiful of powerful combinations you can use for Songs and generic Precast.

Vampirism and Kali offer 7% FC, Sangoma offers 4%
Grioavolr offers 4% plus up to 7% with Augment, Oranyan offers straight 7%.
Both can be paired with an FC strap for another 2%/3%
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-02-05 12:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sechs!
I was going through my old sets and just couldn't find good choices for Fast Cast. For song precast, I did find I had a TelchineFeet with -7% song castingtime, so I'm glad about that!

This is what I came up with last night:

Songs Precast:
Code
		main="Felibre's Dague",
		range={ name="Linos", augments={'All Songs+2','Occ. quickens spellcasting +2%','Singing skill +9',}},
		head="Fili Calot", --need to +1
		body="Sha'ir Manteel",
		hands={ name="Leyline Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+12','Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','"Fast Cast"+2',}},
		legs={ name="Gendewitha Spats", augments={'Phys. dmg. taken -1%','"Cure" potency +3%',}}, --need +1 / -song aug
		feet={ name="Telchine Pigaches", augments={'Evasion+10','Song spellcasting time -7%','CHR+8',}},
		neck="Aoidos' Matinee",
		waist="Witful Belt",
		left_ear="Aoidos' Earring", --need enchanter +1
		right_ear="Loquac. Earring",
		left_ring="Prolix Ring",
		right_ring="Weather. Ring",
		back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'CHR+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','"Fast Cast"+10',}}

Fast Cast:
Code
		main={ name="Kali", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15','String instrument skill +10','Wind instrument skill +10',}},
		range="Angel Lyre",
		head={ name="Vanya Hood", augments={'MP+50','"Fast Cast"+10','Haste+2%',}},
		body="Inyanga Jubbah +1",
		hands={ name="Leyline Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+12','Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','"Fast Cast"+2',}},
		legs="Gyve Trousers",
		feet="Chelona Boots",
		neck="Voltsurge Torque",
		waist="Witful Belt",
		left_ear="Aoidos' Earring",
		right_ear="Loquac. Earring",
		left_ring="Prolix Ring",
		right_ring="Weather. Ring",
		back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'CHR+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','"Fast Cast"+10',}}
By Bamboom 2017-02-05 18:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

So BRD has always been something I have been interested in but I've been a little hesitant due to the amount of RMEA that bard has available and how many people treat these as requirements.

Is it worth gearing and using without full RMEA?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-05 22:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

At the moment, not really. The upcoming changes are probably going to make Daurdabla's 4th song less important, Marsyas' Honor March a tiny bit less important, but Gjallarhorn's potency boost more important. It shouldn't really affect Carnwenhan's utility, unless they give us at least +5 song.

If anything, RMEAs will likely be more important for bard post-update than they are now.

However, it is possible that the update will make non-RMEA bard more useful (compared to a GEO). So I don't know, your call. It depends what your goals are.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-05 22:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing to note about the price tag attached to BRD is that all of its RMEs are functionally "complete" at 99, allowing you to forego any subsequent upgrade stages. It's still a lot of effort, but the gap isn't so large nowadays.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-05 23:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Carn benefits from going to 119 v3.

Thinking about it, extreme Macc builds might go by the wayside if SE nerfs monster magic evasion this week. With a Pear Crepe and no MEva debuffs, I can land Elegy/Nocturne/Requiem on Omen content regularly (with pretty good Macc gear), but without a crepe I don't have enough MAcc. If they nerf MEva, I have to imagine I'll be sitting pretty post-update.
[+]
By Quizzy 2017-02-05 23:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
One thing to note about the price tag attached to BRD is that all of its RMEs are functionally "complete" at 99, allowing you to forego any subsequent upgrade stages. It's still a lot of effort, but the gap isn't so large nowadays.

For harp the really expensive part is getting to 99. >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-06 00:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

For harp the really expensive part is getting to 99. >.>
Yes, but imagine if Daur required that you also complete a 119 stage. It doesn't, so that's gil you don't have to spend. Ghorn 99 + Daur 99 is roughly equivalent to making a 119 Empyrean for most other jobs (ghorn is cheaper than 10.3k boulders here, but relic trials add a bit of time and there's some variation in cost/time for empyrean upgrades). Fair point on Carn's macc, so 119v3 is basically the same as any other mythic but the duration bonus means it still has some value prior to gathering your 10k beitetsu. Marsyas is exactly the same as any other aeonic.
By Bamboom 2017-02-06 09:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of priorities, should it be Ghorn -> Daur -> Carn? Honor march if I ever get into an aeonic group :|
[+]
 Asura.Hopefulki
user: hopefulki
By Asura.Hopefulki 2017-02-06 14:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
In terms of priorities, should it be Ghorn -> Daur -> Carn? Honor march if I ever get into an aeonic group :|

Yes, but really watch for Aeonic shouts, keep that in mind as much as possible.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-07 03:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to give an estimate of tier list for BRD RMEAs given the upcoming changes.
Atm it's likely Marsyas >>> Horn > Daubla > Carn

But the only clear part there is Marsyas, the position of the other 3 could be swapped according to what you use your BRD for, what do you prefer etc.

After the patch who knows what's gonna be first. Horn will be quite something with its newcoming 40% boost to songs, but it kinda depends on how much the base values will be boosted as well, and how closer Honor march will be to the other songs in light of all this (atm Marsyas is so important precisely because Honor March is so incredibly stronger than any other song).

I'd dare to say that Horn is a safe bet.
It's an inventory saver, it's nice for buffs, it's nice for debuffs, it's fast and cheap to obtain.
Get Horn, a Terpander, 2x Kali and work on Marsyas.
Daubla can wait, imho.
 Asura.Vanyar
By Asura.Vanyar 2017-02-07 05:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Sechs.
You'll benefit more from Honor March and GH than +1 Song or Song Duration.
And with JobPoints and gear you are close to 9minutes+- for most songs when using Nightingale and Troubadour - so you wouldn't have to recast spells 'too' often either.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dakrone
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Dakrone 2017-02-07 12:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently came back, any ideas what aug to prioritize for ambu cape for BRD? Or am i just sticking to FastCast/Magic Acc. augs only?
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-02-07 23:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dakrone said: »
Recently came back, any ideas what aug to prioritize for ambu cape for BRD? Or am i just sticking to FastCast/Magic Acc. augs only?

Short answer is CHR/Macc/FastCast is the top priority.
Beyond that its all optimization for Melee/WS/Enfeebles.
I try not to play BRD and only have made a CHR/MAcc/FC cape personally, but someone like Sechs who plays BRD all the time will say that the other capes come in handy, especially, for low man events.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-08 01:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dakrone said: »
To be fair you don't really need much else, unless you wanna build DD capes or some extremely situational cape for niche use or secondary purposes of BRD.

A cape with CHR+30, Macc/Mdmg+20, FC+10 will serve pretty much all the purposes you're gonna need on BRD.
Some examples:

1) Precast for Songs
2) Precast for spells
3) Midcast if you wanna go for recast maximization
4) Songs debuff midcast
5) Debuffs midcast

Arguably you could make 2 more capes with identical stats but INT/MND+20 and additional Macc+10 instead of stat+10, but we go into very nichey stuff.
Even with the CHR/Macc/FC cape, it's still gonna be the next best option for BRD.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with any other cape. If you have excess Ambu points just spend them on mats and farm gil to get Stikini Ring+1!
...unless you wanna DD on brd, in that case sure, there's one or two capes at least that you could make and that would certainly prove useful.
 Odin.Ewellina
Server: Odin
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2017-02-10 09:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

so aparently the potency cap for sword madrigal is 45, but when i sing naked with no instrument i get 50 acc, and every +1 gives 4.5 acc as expected if the base cap is 45. so why do i have 50 acc naked?

also i get the following values for honor march (not including haste)

NQ 156 att 39 acc
+1 168 att 42 acc
+2 192 att 48 acc

i couldnt test +3 or +4 yet, but these values do not make sence to me either if they are supposed to be +10% every +1 unless they changed honor march to be a %value bassed off your actuall acc, since i had to sing with fili hands for the +2 and they have dex on which add acc it would explain the jump from +3 acc to +6, either that or the +20 skill on on the hands bumped up the honor march values (which makes more sence), need someone to test honoro march +2 without using fili hands (i.e. the new neck)
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-02-10 10:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

+5 from madrigal merits most likely.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2017-02-10 10:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
+5 from madrigal merits most likely.

i forgot about those, your are exactly right. but what about honor march?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-10 10:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated bgwiki with everything but haste values(march) and absorb rates (Carol 2s)
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2017-02-10 10:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ive managed to reach 50 acc with honor march +2 and full empy set (mix of nq and +1) and a kali with skill augs. seems aparent to me that honor march skill cap needs more then just cap skill and merits.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-10 10:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure it wasn't Fili giving you a few DEX? That messed me up when I was testing it. (the cap should be 46 acc, which still seems to be at 900 skill)
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-10 10:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How much skill did you test when testing Honor March cap? I wouldn't be surprised at all if Honor March needs more than 900 skill. For Madrigals, the cap changes are

Blade: Madrigal 15 -> 45
Sword: Madrigal 30 -> 60

Is that right?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-10 10:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I went up to 983 skill, I think.

You're right about the madrigal cap changes (although you'll actually see 50/65 Acc if you have merits). As noted above, the +5 from merits aren't multiplied by +song but are still multiplied by Marcato and Soul Voice.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-10 12:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, March values are up. Marches got a buff, but I'm not sure how strategically relevant it is.

Previously:
A.March+5: 64+80 = 144
V.March+5: 96+80 = 176
H.March+1: 138

Now:
A.March+5: 107*1.5 = 160
V.March+5: 163*1.5 = 244
H.March+1: 139

Also:
A.March+7: 107*1.7 = 181
V.March+7: 163*1.7 = 277
H.March+3: 127*1.3 = 165
Marc H.March+3: 127*1.3*1.5 = 247
SV H.March+3: 127*1.3*2 = 330

So, with Moonbow Whistle, we'd predict that SV Honor March + Haste 1 cap magic haste now, while before it would have left you 2% shy of the cap. Also, Victory March and Marcato Honor March together cap magic haste, and even without Marcato it leaves you <1% from the cap.

I'd say that despite the rather considerable potency boost, the strategic implications are ~('v')~

Edit: I guess weakness gives -1024/1024 magic Haste, so if there ever comes a fight where we have to kill a monster with weakness on then we could use SV marches (+7/3) to counter it (1246/1024 haste). Toss a haste II on top and you're back to the magic haste cap.
By Verda 2017-02-10 12:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Magical Haste Cap = 448
Haste 1 = 150
Haste II = 307
Mar H.March+4 = 265

haste 1 + Marc H.March = 51 from cap, 32 from cap with +1 whistle

So you could cover the gap with haste samba or JA haste, even from subjobs but still leaves room for haste II to be appealing.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-02-10 13:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shame that Marcato Honor +4 with Haste 1 still isn't quite enough to cap haste on jobs without excess JA haste or DW/MA, but it's awfully close. Not holding my breath for Honor +6 but that's what it'd take.

If these changes affect trusts, it should mean Victory + Haste II is enough to cap magic haste, and double March with Haste 1 is just shy of the haste cap by like 2.7%. Pretty good, even though you'll still end up getting Ballads half the time anyway.

Also curious to see if there's a cap on Scherzo+EA, but since it already goes well over 87.5% then I'm guessing there isn't.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-10 13:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Also curious to see if there's a cap on Scherzo+EA, but since it already goes well over 87.5% then I'm guessing there isn't.
Things separate from dt like those tend to not have caps other than whatever we can get to and se does have a habit of overlooking things like that. But if we get 2 more I'm sure they will take notice
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-10 13:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of a silly thing for me to point out, I guess, but bard trusts probably got a buff this update. As I understand it, bard trusts have +0 song, so the increase from 160/1024 haste (Advancing/Victory +0) to ~270/1024 haste (new Advancing/Victory +0) is pretty substantial. I don't know if they're maxing out victory, but it's still probably a 10% haste gain from what it used to be.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 61 62 63