You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-30 11:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty confident the Marcato Bonus isn't considered part of the resist calculation formula, and it totally was less than 1 min, so... /shrug

When it happened on Vinipata I'm not sure if we had 6 targets out or 4, leaning on 4.
On Albumen of course it was 12.

Edit:
Now that I think about it I remember some NM resisting Nocturne for me with NiTro up. It was a resist, not a "no effect" because Addle/Addle2 were already out.
Can't remember the NM though... damn. I remember I was shocked because that probably was the first time I saw a non-elegy song resisted with NiTro (aside from magic shield, immunities etc)
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 11:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What's filli's attire +1 augments songs set bonus do?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-15 17:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in the OP.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-12 12:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

From Dev tracker forums:

"Bard (2016/12/6)

We thank the players for their feedback regarding this job. We would like to describe our plans moving forward.

We are looking increase the effects of songs via equipment. To this end, we’re thinking of adding equipment that gives the stat “All Songs+” in places other than the Instrument slot. We might need some time, but we think we should be able to implement this idea sometime early next year"

What do you think of this?
 Siren.Bruno
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2016-12-13 02:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

from the December update items at a glance

-Ammurapi Shield is an actual useful bardy ilvl shield.

-Brioso Roundlet +2/+3 both surpass current best-in-slot for debuffs. Also +3 gives a buff to the Paeon bonus.

-Brioso Justaucorps +2/+3 both surpass current best-in-slot for debuffs, and the +3 have the highest amount of Song spellcasting time- for that slot, which is something to keep in mind for precast builds. Can drop another piece somewhere possibly if you're not already using your body for Dalmy+1 toward instacast cap.

-Brioso Cuffs, +2 can't surpass Inyanga+1 for debuffs. The +3 when assuming CHR to M.Acc is 2:1, are still 2nd best to Inyaga+1, however, these give a very high amount of CHR, so when assuming CHR is 1:1 instead (which is easy to assume on newer targets, especially as we get harder content), then they are for sure best-in-slot then.

-Brioso Cannions +2/+3 both surpass current best-in-slot for debuffs, and the +3 have DT-8% which is super nice. I also want to say they have the highest evasion for legs BRD can get (not that that's really relevant now but that nicely compliments the defensive nature of these pants). Nice to see these finally become useful in their lifetime

-Brioso Slippers +2/+3 both surpass current best-in-slot for debuffs, as well as a buff to the song duration.

Asura.Ganno said: »
From Dev tracker forums:

"Bard (2016/12/6)

We thank the players for their feedback regarding this job. We would like to describe our plans moving forward.

We are looking increase the effects of songs via equipment. To this end, we’re thinking of adding equipment that gives the stat “All Songs+” in places other than the Instrument slot. We might need some time, but we think we should be able to implement this idea sometime early next year"

source?
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-13 02:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi
is the original source

reported by Kincard

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2016-12-14 17:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »
From Dev tracker forums:

"Bard (2016/12/6)

It's certainly welcome. Honor March would benefit tremendously.

more from a solo standpoint, but depending on how many pieces they put it on, can cap magic haste under SV with just 1 March for haste buffs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Sneakky
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sneakky 2017-01-22 08:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious as well. Would like to see an updated gear list. Thinking of taking the big plunge.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-01-22 13:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Disclaimer: I should be working on school work but got bored.

Basic Duration (debuffs if you have NiTro up or don't need the MACC)

ItemSet 352880
Note: Use the Brioso +2 head and feet over any other option (I think) but keep Inyanga Hands until you can +3 the Brioso, unless you are casting Lullaby.

Max MACC
ItemSet 344146
Note: Use the Brioso +2 in all slots except hands again, unless you are casting Lullaby.

Precast:
Not much has changed.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-22 15:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd put Canto Necklace +1 in the max macc set, but that's just me.
Darkside vs Enchanter's+1 is pretty close, but I think in most situation Ench+1 should be better. Difference is so small I guess it hardly matters though.

Agree on the rest (aside from the obvious HQ Stikini x2, but good luck with that!)
By Sidiov 2017-01-22 16:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'd put Canto Necklace +1 in the max macc set, but that's just me.
Why Canto? Even if we say CHR:macc is 1:1, incanter's would always be more macc fromwhat I can see.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-22 17:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wind and String do not convert 1:1 like Sing, it's more around 3:1 if not even lower.

On stuff that matters I think CHR is always gonna be 1:1 to macc. On easier stuff of course not, but on such targets you should be able to stick debuffs regardless anyway so it shouldn't really matter.
Just my 2 cents. It's a small difference either way though, wouldn't spend too much time on that, both are nice pieces.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-23 01:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're forever alone might as well buy full clears for everything. On my server when they sell you an Aeonic they sell you all of the kills (Zi'tah, Ru'aun, Reisenjima).

I guess they can sell single kills as well and make those cheaper?
You need 7 hard NMs in Reisenjima then 2 "hard" NMs in Ru'aun. Those 9 are the hard cockblock of Aeonic I guess.
At the same time though if you're forever alone, I can't really picture you soloing Reisen T3, or Ru'aun T3, or even Zi'tah T3s.
Arguably Reisenjima T2 as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-23 04:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someone was selling full clear for Aeonic (all clears!) for ~300 mils, but that was months ago, I have no clue how high the prices are these days honestly, sorry.

I didn't want to sound rude, but the thing is that I'm sure you can solo Zi'tah T1 and T2, you can probably solo Ru'aun T1 (might need a friend for a couple of them), but everything else is not really stuff you can solo.
I mean it is, but it kinda requires very good gear, specific jobs and blahblah, if you're a returning player you probably don't have any of that =/

And it would still be problematic to kill T3s in all zones without friends. Hell even Reisen T2 would be a cockblock honestly, I can't solo them myself.
By Sidra 2017-01-25 13:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all - decided to work on BRD as my next project and trying to plan it out a bit and realizing I don't exactly understand how some of the mechanics work. I am also building it with inventory space in mind, as I have 4 jobs relevant and don't have much room yet. My plan is: Terpander for 3 songs, Nibiru for +2 all songs skills 1 slot buff everything, and Marsayas for Honor March. What I am trying to figure out is how do I actually apply 3 songs, does the Terpander have to be in precast and the choose between Marsayas (duration) or Nibiru (+2 song)? The reason I ask is I don't see the more song instruments in the precast sets posted here.

Also - for midcore content like Ambuscade and some Escha T1-T3, is DDing while you sing viable? I have the full +1 Ambuscade set this month, will soon have an Aeneas, and it looks like Bard gets Rudras and Evisceration. I'd imagine I could be 70% of a DD, while giving the needed songs...might be more useful than /whm if the real healer as it all covered pretty easily.

Also anything I need to know or tips of my goal it to be a solid/functional Bard, albeit not a spectacular one - as I will not be putting in the gil/time for a RME?

Thanks in advance!
 Sylph.Bryenne
Server: Sylph
user: Byrne
By Sylph.Bryenne 2017-01-25 14:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am dusting off my Bard by request of the shell for some of the harder NM fights. I'm rusty but gear wise slowly getting there. I have all empyrean 119 and relic 119 etc. In any case, while discussing some of the NMs we want to fight it was brought up that some adds would need to be slept 100% of the time...now it's been a long time since I played Bard but I don't recall there being a 100% way to tell how long Lullaby (horde and/or foe) is going to keep a mob slept.

Is that just a piece of information that has always eluded me, or is there no way to tell that?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-25 15:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a clear formula to tell duration of Lullabies, if we exclude resists.
With NiTro, Food and Vorseals up, no resist should ever happen.

Without NiTro it's another story but you're not supposed to sleep without that, and good luck even landing it without NiTro anyway :P
 Sylph.Bryenne
Server: Sylph
user: Byrne
By Sylph.Bryenne 2017-01-25 17:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answer Sechs! Guess I have some reading up to do...I am going to do some tests too with some various high Escha/Rj mobs to get a feel for it.

The only issue I see arising is if the fight is too long and I have to resleep mobs with NiTro being down. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it :)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-25 17:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted the exact lullaby duration calculation formula some pages ago.
Well... maybe many pages ago °-° If you wanna look up for it you'll find it! ^^
 Cerberus.Dakrone
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Dakrone 2017-02-01 09:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally returned to xi after 4 years.. spellcast dont work anymore, anyone mind sharing a gearswap working corresponding to keep 4 songs up without having to manually swap out gjallarhorn for daur? Would be highly appreciated.
By Tyrael 2017-02-01 14:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Wind and String do not convert 1:1 like Sing, it's more around 3:1 if not even lower.

On stuff that matters I think CHR is always gonna be 1:1 to macc. On easier stuff of course not, but on such targets you should be able to stick debuffs regardless anyway so it shouldn't really matter.
Just my 2 cents. It's a small difference either way though, wouldn't spend too much time on that, both are nice pieces.

Carb. +1 or Stikini on debuffs. Thanks.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-01 14:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carb+1 vs NQ Stikini is a tough choice, they're pretty close.
If I were to bet on one though, I would place my money on NQ Stikini.

HQ Stikini of course wins without questions.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-01 18:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bihu+1 head is still a nice debuff option, Inyanga+1 set too has some quite nice options as you work your way towards Brioso+3.

Assuming you have relic+1 and empy+1 if I were you I would use
head: Bihu+1
body, hands, feet: Inyanga+1
legs: Fili+1

I might be wrong because I'm not doublechecking and just going out on what I remember, but I think this should be a quite nice combination.
If you lack Bihu+1 head and Fili+1 legs, you can probably go 5/5 Inyanga+1 honestly.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-02-01 18:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple answer is Inyanga if you have it and I would recommend get an ambuscade party this week if you don't.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 61 62 63