Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 224 225 226
By eliroo 2017-06-13 10:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You can drop the neck for whatever you want and use the Arke Body. I think you are 1% short on PDT but will cap MDT and generate more TP.
 Asura.Fiasko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-06-13 10:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Fiasko said: »
If I mathed correctly you are going to want Telos Earring over Brutal as well as the cape change. The 10STP alone from the cape won't put you at a true 5 hit with Metatron Torment.

Trying to figure out the purpose of his build. Bravura is not used for damage, it's inferior to many other options. Bravura is used for reducing damage intake by using the AM effect to create a very good hybrid build. So any sets that don't involved 50% DT (20% AM + 30% gear) aren't really valid.

Code
sets.TP.DTAM = {ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
			    head=Acc_Head,neck="Loricate torque +1", ear1="Cessance earring", ear2="Telos earring",
			    body="Souveran cuirass +1",hands="Emicho Gauntlets +1",ring1="Moonbeam ring",ring2="Defending Ring",
			    back=DA_Back,waist="Ioskeha belt",legs=TP_Legs,feet="Valorous greaves"}

So 10% from body, 10% from D ring, 6% from neck and 4% from Moonbeam ring. The rest is full of Multi-Attack and Store TP to let me continue doing damage.

So WAR's need to be focused a bit differently when gearing Bravura sets, your a pseudo-tank when your doing that.

High ACC set with the only REMA GAxe he has. I just mentioned MT because he did and with the break WS change more people be using single hit WS and will be confused when they aren't at a 5hit any longer.

(Maybe skillchaining or wants to help the WHM out with a little more defense.)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-13 12:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
High ACC set with the only REMA GAxe he has. I just mentioned MT because he did and with the break WS change more people be using single hit WS and will be confused when they aren't at a 5hit any longer.

(Maybe skillchaining or wants to help the WHM out with a little more defense.)

Not really what a Bravura is used for and a lot of effort to work in a regal ring in for TP. The damaging WS's on GAXE are all multi-hit, the one hit ones are just used for utility. I wouldn't go building TP sets around those. If someone wanted to wear a maximum accuracy set, while using a Bravura, and spamming MT, AND not wearing a hybrid DT set, then yeah their going to need a lot more Store TP then normal. But yeah we're pretty much deep into the theoretical world now.

My advice, if someone want pure damage spam then Rag + Resolution (Zulf with good augments works also). If they want to use a GAXE for damage then Chango or Conq. If they want to be an invincible wall while still doing damage then that is where Bravura steps in. Then you got all the situationally useful weapons like Sword, Polearm, Axe and Club.

*Note*
Did Strophadia the other day with a Blurred Lance, destroyed it with two three step darkness's, first was 75K second was like 50K. I love Warrior.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-13 13:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Already have my hybrid DT/DD set made.

I know I do not have a Conqueror/Chango yet, but there are some situations where GAXE does more damage than great sword. Mainly if you are opening/closing light skillchains with Ukkos. Also this is only if the enemy takes a huge amount of damage from a light skillchain. If it resists I'm going to be spamming Reso for pure damage. (This is with a BLU friend that has Tizona/Almace AG, so light SC are flying everywhere.)

Sometimes I can get away with not needing to turtle up. IMO it's probably a very minor set for me at this point.

I don't doubt you one bit about the Blurred Lance, It's really fun going after something piercing weak and using Mighty Strikes with Stardiver/Sonic Thrust.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-13 13:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Mainly if you are opening/closing light skillchains with Ukkos

No.

Great Axe only gets better if your doing a multi-step, those only use Ukko's if you don't have a Chango and then it's just a step gap. Rag can do Scourge -> Resolution for much larger total damage then spamming Ukko's. Seriously, stop using Ukko's, it sucks hard compared to the rest. It sucks because it's damage growth is flat and once you start optimizing WS sets you start to grow past it.

And that fight against Strophedia wasn't with MS, I had already used that on Yakshi previously. That was pure Warcry StarDiver -> Sonic Thrust -> StarDiver.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-13 13:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No.

Great Axe only gets better if your doing a multi-step, those only use Ukko's if you don't have a Chango and then it's just a step gap. Rag can do Scourge -> Resolution for much larger total damage then spamming Ukko's. Seriously, stop using Ukko's, it sucks hard compared to the rest. It sucks because it's damage growth is flat and once you start optimizing WS sets you start to grow past it.

And that fight against Strophedia wasn't with MS, I had already used that on Yakshi previously. That was pure Warcry StarDiver -> Sonic Thrust -> StarDiver.

Sorry I did a late edit, But in my case the light spam was with a friend's BLU. He has his AG Tizona/Almace made so light skillchains are flying all over the place.

I should of specified this wasn't with self skillchains. Usually for stuff like Ambuscade where the fight is basically over before Blood Rage ends, Ukkos isn't too shabby in that situation. Especially when some of these things have a bit of DT it isn't bad.

Honestly I prefer Upheaval/Metatron Torment. With proper buffs they are miles ahead of Ukko's Fury. Sorry I made you think I used that exclusively.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-13 14:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No.

Sorry I did a late edit, But in my case the light spam was with a friend's BLU. He has his AG Tizona/Almace made so light skillchains are flying all over the place.

I should of specified this wasn't with self skillchains. Usually for stuff like Ambuscade where the fight is basically over before Blood Rage ends, Ukkos isn't too shabby in that situation. Especially when some of these things have a bit of DT it isn't bad.

Honestly I prefer Upheaval/Metatron Torment. With proper buffs they are miles ahead of Ukko's Fury. Sorry I made you think I used that exclusively.

Ahh yeah that makes a lot more sense. Blood Rage to enhance the BLU's CDC and then using Ukko's for additional lights, your lowering your own damage output but enhancing the groups DPS.
By Pankas 2017-06-19 13:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Saevel,

Another returnee here. Been away for quite some time (2 years or so) and while working on getting Conqueror afterglow. If it is not too much trouble, could you PM me your lua for warrior, as i feel mine is outdated pretty badly.
Thank you in advance
 Carbuncle.Kendoh
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kendoh
By Carbuncle.Kendoh 2017-06-22 10:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Any feedback on Arke set for Warrior ?

I've been playing with it in Omen mostly; while it's a lot of fun on trash mobs for obvious reasons, I feel a bit squishy on bosses from the lack of M.EVA, especially on those nasty AOE moves.
My previous set was a mix of sullevia/souveran.
By Darksparksnot 2017-06-22 10:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

War is not particularly evasive really, chances are the dt on arke mitigates more dmg than some meva.
By Taint 2017-06-22 11:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Meva loses a ton of value as you get into the 140+ lvl bosses. You aren't evades their attacks with or without it. That is one of the main reasons most groups prefer an Aegis PLD or RUN for tanking them.

I have my WAR setup with Arke as a Hybrid Toggle and left Souveran for my full PDT.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kendoh said: »
Any feedback on Arke set for Warrior ?

I've been playing with it in Omen mostly; while it's a lot of fun on trash mobs for obvious reasons, I feel a bit squishy on bosses from the lack of M.EVA, especially on those nasty AOE moves.
My previous set was a mix of sullevia/souveran.

I'm thinking it over, thing with MEVD is that it either works or it doesn't and that line is based entirely on your content level. At 140 and under MEVD is important, not only does it let you avoid status ailments but it also reduces the duration of those you do get hit with. Amnesia for 8s instead of 16 and so forth. Between my MEVD, +resist and most importantly barspells, I can avoid the majority of Amnesias on Omen MB's for example.

Once you get to CL150, NM's have such massive magic accuracy dependencies that unless your rocking Vex, Attunment, appropriate barspells and some MEVD gear, your going to get hit by them. At that point plain +resist might be the better option since that's just a percentage roll and ignores MACC/MEVD.

So yeah still working it out.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-22 12:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

retaliation tanking and Arke set on things that can't one shot you is a lot of damn fun. It's hard to ever see your TP gauge be below 2000tp. Fell cleave all the things and as long as Yoran doesn't decide to fall asleep, its pure fun.
ItemSet 351980
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2017-06-22 17:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought I would gear up war next but even with a basic set I'm having a hard time with acc. Maybe I souldn't be using GS? Was gonna do Rag but I'm having doubts. My other DW jobs sit around 1150~1200acc without sacrificing anything.
TP ~1050acc
WS ~1000acc
Gear outside of solo/duo is not really obtainable, should I ignore war or I'm I missing something.
TP
ItemSet 351898
Reso. is all over the place 5-20k
ItemSet 351986
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-06-22 18:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Thought I would gear up war next but even with a basic set I'm having a hard time with acc. Maybe I souldn't be using GS? Was gonna do Rag but I'm having doubts. My other DW jobs sit around 1150~1200acc without sacrificing anything.
TP ~1050acc
WS ~1000acc
Gear outside of solo/duo is not really obtainable, should I ignore war or I'm I missing something.
TP
ItemSet 351898
Reso. is all over the place 5-20k
ItemSet 351986

Your biggest upgrade will come from changing your GSword to the Zulfiqar from Reisenjima and eventually Utu Grip. If you get the time this month work on the Ambuscade Cape for WAR with your first cape being STR20/ACC30/DA10 and use that for everything (Reso and TP).

Just the weapon (a decent augment as well) and the cape should add 50+ or so ACC.
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-22 19:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking as a drk that uses monte+1(nq is better btw) its biggest failure is the complete lack of acc on it. Once you have zulf/rag emicho body utu grip and the cape (if still struggling for acc and willing to make 2 capes do dex20/30acc/20atk/10da). Could also grab emicho hands for stp and slightly more acc, which allows an accuracy ring to be worn as well. May take a bit of time depending on how you go about it and what support u can get from friends
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-06-22 19:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm struggling on my Warrior as well. I don't play it that often, but really considering afterglowing my Ragnarok to get more usage. Without an extra +10 accuracy on the cape, and without afterglowing I'm sitting at 1087 accuracy only. I could swap to Mache+1 and gain another 10. I've been trying to maximize accuracy and double attack while maintaining a 5 hit. Any easy suggestions?

ItemSet 348724

Odyssean Legs: ACC 38, ATT 24, DA 3
Valorous Feet: DEX 6, ACC 30, ATT 11, DA 4
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-22 21:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

1087 acc prior to food and AG while maintaining an extremely DA focused build like yours leaves little room for movement on xhit and if that's what you're wanting, then maybe focus more on what your avg attacks per round. I'm going to assume the vale head/hands are both path D as well. AG the rag add the cape acc and food and with buffs up I think you'd be fine. Saevel would certainly be able to give you a better path outside of the almighty utu grip I don't see much unless you go the route of swapping in af+2/3 legs/feet
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-22 21:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I'm struggling on my Warrior as well. I don't play it that often, but really considering afterglowing my Ragnarok to get more usage. Without an extra +10 accuracy on the cape, and without afterglowing I'm sitting at 1087 accuracy only. I could swap to Mache+1 and gain another 10. I've been trying to maximize accuracy and double attack while maintaining a 5 hit. Any easy suggestions?

ItemSet 348724

Ditch the Argosy Celata for Flamma +1 and hands for Sulevia +2 or Emicho, for starters. I got decently lucky with Odyssean body (Acc +35, Att +20, DA +4) but I use Emicho when I want higher Accuracy. Swap your Ragnarok for a Zulfiqar until you get your Rag afterglowed, it's pretty subpar right now. You can get AF+2 Legs/Feet pretty easily in a couple days of soloing Omen cards which are heavy on Accuracy as well as Double Attack. From there they can be upgraded to +3 if you stick with it and are very strong in slot at that point.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 21:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

ItemSet 348724

Several.

First cease TPing in Argosy Head / Hands, just stop it. Use Flamma +1 head and Emicho (NQ is fine) hands, you get far better survivability from that. Second Rag is ***unless you AG it and even then Zulfiqar might be better if you don't got high end gear. Odyssean Legs / Valorous Feet (AF+3 feet once you get them) you want Store TP on, then you can look at rings and other accessories. Also check your resolution set, you want the same accuracy in both TP and Resolution (add +20 for both Fotia belt and gorget). TPing in high acc doesn't mean ***if your whiffing hits on your weaponskill. Warrior AF Legs / Feet are amazing once you get then to +3, otherwise not so hot. If you are running with Store Tp on your body and both rings then you could probably just use AF +3 legs and feet.

For actual Store TP, you need about 61~62 total Store TP for a 5-hit with Rag and considerably less with Zulfiqar. You get 15 free from /SAM and it counts for both WS and TP, then you work from there and cram in Multi-attack whenever possible.

This is my set and is probably at the very extreme end of what you can put together.

ItemSet 342759

Over 1200 accuracy, capped gear haste and 5-hit

3% QA
4% TA
77% DA

Chango set has even more multi-attack but that's a different build.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-06-22 23:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Right on, thanks for the tips. I've been 4-hitting my Montante+1 usually, but like I said I'm really leaning to AGing the Ragnarok. I'm a little low on the ACC with Resolution, so I'll have to make some changes to that as well.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2017-06-23 00:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Evaluate what you want to use the job for. Right now WAR excels in zergs and high end melee fights. Don't be fooled into making unnecessary accuracy swaps. Focus less on ACC and STP and more on multihit. ACC matters sure, but when you get nearly 700 by bringing a bard, eating food, and having some vorseals, it actually doesn't matter that much. You're likely going to overcap. Same thing goes for STP, it's foolish to gear around an X-hit for a job that is always going to be accompanied by a cor. If you are in a Melee party on War and you don't have bard and cor buffs, that's another issue.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 07:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
Same thing goes for STP, it's foolish to gear around an X-hit for a job that is always going to be accompanied by a cor.

This is horrifically wrong.

The point of gearing around x-hit is that you place yourself in a positive that COR's buff will bring you down to the next tier. If you have a 5-hit naturally then SAM's roll gives you a 4-hit, if you have a 4-hit (on 500+ delay weapon) then a SAM's roll gives you a 3-hit, and so forth. Store TP is the same whether it's from food, gear or buffs, they all stack additively to form a multiplier thus the higher your base store TP the higher your final amount after buffs meaning the faster your average WS time is. Multi-hit and Store TP do the same thing but in different ways, reduce your average WS time. Because of this I advice people not to go crazy casing after 70+ Store TP, but they definitely should not ignore it.

Quote:
ACC matters sure, but when you get nearly 700 by bringing a bard, eating food, and having some vorseals, it actually doesn't matter that much

This is also horrifically wrong.

When your planning and determining buffs you tailor them around your melee's base gear levels, meaning your base gear level determines what buffs that you can get. NM's fight back and at the highest levels things like defensive buffs actually matter. Dropping the low level accuracy and swaping in a more potent high level defense song (or more atk) is very important. Also not having to reset your BRD's and GEO's SP's every single fight is a gigantic time saver when you are doing a ton fights in quick succession.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-23 09:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Priorities: Accuracy>Haste>Xhit(stp needs)>Multi-Atk
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 09:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Priorities: Accuracy>Haste>Xhit(stp needs)>Multi-Atk

I'd say Accuracy and Haste are about the same priority but then it's definitely STP then MA within reason. Base of 60~63 with 36 on WS enables COR roll to get you to a pseudo 3-hit depending on if you take damage or not and on a 4-hit with nearly an entire hit of overflow on a WS that has good TP scaling. That translates into faster and harder Resolutions.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 12:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats everyone using for Cheer effect? Right now I'm rocking the Resist Amnesia +10 but also have access to the rest and curious about what others experiences are.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-06-23 13:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly just wondering here, but have you had a chance to use WAR on things like Schah, Albumen or Vinitapa yet, Saevel?

From our experience, Fas's point is absolutely correct in that accuracy is completely covered by buffs in the fights I mentioned above. You can get away using crit. dmg augmented Valorous with very little accuracy on it to pump out up to 90K+ Resolutions with SP1/2 up.

Outside of that, if WAR isn't being ultra buffed, it starts lagging behind very quickly in a group setting. Still good to have around for Warcry/BR, but it usually ends up losing to SAM/DRK/BLU without SP1/2.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 14:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Honestly just wondering here, but have you had a chance to use WAR on things like Schah, Albumen or Vinitapa yet, Saevel?

All the time, was doing it before it was "cool" and nobody wanted to use melee's.

You guys just like coming in here and humble bragging.

Quote:
Still good to have around for Warcry/BR, but it usually ends up losing to SAM/DRK/BLU without SP1/2.

And this tells me everything we need to know.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-06-23 14:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

All the time, was doing it before it was "cool" and nobody wanted to use melee's.

Then why are you getting so defensive when someone says that accuracy from gear isn't really a major concern for content it's most potent in? The set you keep posting is horrifically overcapped for accuracy, expensive and inferior to other sets when you don't need that accuracy. The point is you shouldn't be implying people should gear towards your set as a baseline when it's a situational high accuracy set at best.

You guys just like coming in here and humble bragging.

The fact you think it's bragging makes me think you really haven't done them on WAR. Maybe WoC and Teles, but probably nothing else, which explains your awful perspective on the matter.

My initial mindset coming into this was to be civil and have a meaningful conversation about WAR in endgame, but, as usual, in one fell post you've managed to ruin all that. You seriously need to chill.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 224 225 226