(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 206 207 208
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-20 20:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Just picked up an Anguta, and as expected, it's pretty lackluster outside of as a toy.

HOWEVER, it does have one niche use; it's quite good if you're in a situation where you are the only DD (so you can self-skillchain freely), AND you're fighting a mob that doesn't resist darkness skillchains. In that situation, you can do Insurgency > Entropy > Cross Reaper > Entropy for Gravitation > Darkness > Umbra. On a mob not resistant to darkness skillchains, the final Umbra does around four times the damage of the final Entropy.

It's not much of a use, but it's something.

That's about what I expected. How's the damage on Insurgency with it? It's kind of a sucky WS. Good for CP I suppose.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-04-20 22:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Insurgency is quite weak with it; if you wanted to use it without self-SCing, Cross Reaper would be your bread and butter WS (though Quietus pulls ahead if the mob has both very high base defense and a moderate amount of defense down on it).

Of course, if you're not self-SCing, then Ragnarok or Liberator would serve you better.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-24 06:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Was covered on the last page but the DA+10 beats crit+10 for Ragnarok on the spreadsheets.

And for now you will need to keep that war cape as it is or you will have to miss out on a second fully augmented cape.
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-24 07:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
So for Ragnarok which stats on the cape should be the best?

On WAR i went

20 DEX
10% Double attack
Acu/Attack.

Probably i will change the DEX into STR. Cuz I doubt i can skip the Sushi even with Sulevia +1, Ragnarok and this cape. We are doomed to use sushi sadly =/.

On DRK I want this

20 STR
10% Critical hit or Double Attack
Acu/Attack

Should i change on WAR cape the double attack to Critical hit? Both Capes are build to use Ragnarok Only.

The last question the Mythic Scythe Beat to Ragnarok?
Double Attack +10% will win when using Ragnarok.

Pretty much every melee is doomed to use Sushi in anything above Lv130.

Liberator is a good weapon but if you can drain the target and achieve 9999 or high HP through the same an Apocalypse with Souleater will really begin pulling ahead. Apocalypse is more of an endurance weapon with very strong damage-over-time whereas Ragnarok is an absolute monster of a zerg-rush weapon.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-24 08:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

On WAR i went

20 DEX
10% Double attack
Acu/Attack.

Probably i will change the DEX into STR. Cuz I doubt i can skip the Sushi even with Sulevia +1, Ragnarok and this cape. We are doomed to use sushi sadly =/.

On DRK I want this

20 STR
Acu/Attack

Should i change on WAR cape the double attack to Critical hit? Both Capes are build to use Ragnarok Only.

You should of went STR +20 on the back for WAR, it's BiS for resolution and TP. You will be using sushi on anything remotely difficult, 80~100 accuracy is just too critical. And the "new" Aries is really bad TP gear don't TP in it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-04-24 14:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I'm just getting round to augmenting my new DRK cape and was wondering what augments to get considering I'll be afterglowing my Lib soon?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-04-24 14:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking two ways .. either STR+10 Dbl Atk+10 and ACC/ATK+20, or STR+10 WSDMG 10 and ACC/ATK+20. On one hand .. WS dmg one would be awesome for Insurgency, but on the other hand, DblAtk+10 would be a sweet TP piece and I could try augment a 2nd niht mantle (first is for dark magic) with att+50 ws dmg+5 (although it would lack accuracy).
 Valefor.Hakujin
Server: Valefor
user: Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2016-04-24 15:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an updated DRK spreadsheet?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-24 15:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

On WAR i went

20 DEX
10% Double attack
Acu/Attack.

On DRK I want this

20 STR
Acu/Attack

You should of went STR +20 on the back for WAR, it's BiS for resolution and TP. You will be using sushi on anything remotely difficult, 80~100 accuracy is just too critical. And the "new" Aries is really bad TP gear don't TP in it.

This right here is pretty spot on.

I only TP in the Hands/Legs personally. If I need accuracy really bad I can swap to emicho hands/Odyssey cuisses(or if the store tp is needed.)

Argosy Head or a Nicely Augged Valor mask get the job done for store tp. Obviously though I only use the Argosy head on fodder.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-04-24 15:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I have a newbie question about Mythic AM3. Now, I know I should be stacking STP, because a 4-hit on Lib would be sweet .. but I don't know how much STP I need for that, and I don't have Reisenjima/HQ abjuration gear .. so I'm guessing I should stick with a 5-hit.

I'm looking for STP values for a 4-hit and a 5-hit. My biggest concern is how negligible multi-hits are in a AM3 set. I read it's supposed to be 40% OATwice and 20% OAThrice, so that tells me it's not 100%. So should I keep some multi hit? Or am I stacking STP, and anything else add accuracy/attack? I only ask because I'm trying to sort my DRK out before I afterglow Lib. I'll add up all the STP I have and make an edit here .. EDIT: Only 40 STP, Bloodrain, Ginsen, Sule Head+1, Acro hands/legs, K'yares, Rajas, Enervating/Bladeborn.

I'm still trying to get my head around which augments I should get on the new cape as well. I could do one of each following the next update .. or both ideas could suck and I end up wasting my time and hallmarks.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2016-04-24 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Triple Attack and Quadruple Attack are worth it during AM3, but Double Attack is nearly worthless.

For 250 TP per hit with Liberator, you'd need 72 STP between gear and /SAM (if using that), though you'll want higher than that since you'll be getting less than 250 TP from WSs. My low accuracy set runs with 93 STP (78 from gear, 15 from /SAM), but don't worry too much about 4-hits with Liberator; unless you have SAM roll, you won't be able to keep a 4-hit when you're forced to swap in a lot of accuracy anyway.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-04-24 15:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Triple Attack and Quadruple Attack are worth it during AM3, but Double Attack is nearly worthless.

For 250 TP per hit with Liberator, you'd need 72 STP between gear and /SAM (if using that), though you'll want higher than that since you'll be getting less than 250 TP from WSs. My low accuracy set runs with 93 STP (78 from gear, 15 from /SAM), but don't worry too much about 4-hits with Liberator; unless you have SAM roll, you won't be able to keep a 4-hit when you're forced to swap in a lot of accuracy anyway.

Good to know Dbl Attack is nearly useless. I've only got 40 STP (55 with /sam), so I'm not even close to you .. but I'm guessing you have augmented Reisenjima gear and other stuff?

At this point I'm thinking of keeping all the STP I can find, combining that with TA/QA gear, and filling the rest with major ACC/ATT (STR). I think it's all I can do til I manage to get better gear. Any idea on the cape question? I'm leaning more towards WSdmg seen as I don't have much of that stat .. although I do have a Niht Mantle with 50 attack so I'm not sure if it would beat it.

Edit: After playing around with the gears I have for AM3, I'm using Sulevias +1 head body and feet because they are extremely powerful compared to everything else .. but it only leaves me with 14% Haste unless I sacrifice Windbuffet +1. It's a head scratcher moment. I would feel bad using the set below (because Saeval said NOT to use these gears for TP) .. but what can I do?

ItemSet 342255
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2016-04-24 17:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The head and legs are decent for TP if you don't have anything better (and the hands too for non-AM3), but you need to cap your haste with a haste belt so you still hit 25/26. Capping your haste is more important than almost anything else.

As for the back, I'd pick STP or WSDMG (I haven't mathed those two out versus each other for Liberator) if you plan on using Liberator and only Liberator forever. However, if you use GSD sometimes too, or other Scythes, pick DA.
[+]
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-04-24 17:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Good to know Dbl Attack is nearly useless. I've only got 40 STP (55 with /sam), so I'm not even close to you .. but I'm guessing you have augmented Reisenjima gear and other stuff?

At this point I'm thinking of keeping all the STP I can find, combining that with TA/QA gear, and filling the rest with major ACC/ATT (STR). I think it's all I can do til I manage to get better gear. Any idea on the cape question? I'm leaning more towards WSdmg seen as I don't have much of that stat .. although I do have a Niht Mantle with 50 attack so I'm not sure if it would beat it.

Edit: After playing around with the gears I have for AM3, I'm using Sulevias +1 head body and feet because they are extremely powerful compared to everything else .. but it only leaves me with 14% Haste unless I sacrifice Windbuffet +1. It's a head scratcher moment. I would feel bad using the set below (because Saeval said NOT to use these gears for TP) .. but what can I do?

ItemSet 342255

You also want to use cessance or brutal earring over a lone bladeborn in that set. (Brutal at least should be pretty easy to get).
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-04-24 22:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The head and legs are decent for TP if you don't have anything better (and the hands too for non-AM3), but you need to cap your haste with a haste belt so you still hit 25/26. Capping your haste is more important than almost anything else.

As for the back, I'd pick STP or WSDMG (I haven't mathed those two out versus each other for Liberator) if you plan on using Liberator and only Liberator forever. However, if you use GSD sometimes too, or other Scythes, pick DA.

I'm thinking of making one with DEX+10, ACC/ATK+10 and STP+10 to not only replace Grounded Mantle +1, but to give STP I need due to lack of Reisenjima/Abjuration gear. I could always make another next month with STR ACC/ATK and WSDMG. I do have Rag, but not planning on afterglowing it any time soon. Sound like a plan?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-24 22:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking of making one with DEX+10, ACC/ATK+10 and STP+10 to not only replace my Grounded Mantle +1, but to give me STP I need due to lack of Reisenjima/Abjuration gear. I could always make another next month with STR ACC/ATK and WSDMG. I do have Rag, but not planning on afterglowing it any time soon. Sound like a plan?

That'd be the best option for TP with AM3 up presuming you need the stp(without augments I imagine you do). Wait, do you mean 20dex 20acc/atk? Or are you only doing half for some reason?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-04-24 22:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

I'm thinking of making one with DEX+10, ACC/ATK+10 and STP+10 to not only replace my Grounded Mantle +1, but to give me STP I need due to lack of Reisenjima/Abjuration gear. I could always make another next month with STR ACC/ATK and WSDMG. I do have Rag, but not planning on afterglowing it any time soon. Sound like a plan?

That'd be the best option for TP with AM3 up presuming you need the stp(without augments I imagine you do).

Yep. No idea when I'll get chance to get those gears (and get decent augments), and even when I do .. I could mix & match til I'm spoiled for choice.
 Siren.Bloodlusty
Server: Siren
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-04-25 11:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I'm just getting round to augmenting my new DRK cape and was wondering what augments to get considering I'll be afterglowing my Lib soon?

I went with..
DEX + 20 (Anything to boost overall acc is still a bonus)
Attack + Acc + 20
Store Tp + 10

I have a solid 4 hit build now, even dropped ginsen for seething bomblet +1. Recently got my valorus body which is a fantastic piece to aim for. I will post me set so you can see
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2016-04-25 11:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ya I have glowing Rag, debating if making Lib will be worth the time or not, since honestly who uses drk outside of CP party.
By Blazed1979 2016-04-25 11:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cahota said: »
ya I have glowing Rag, debating if making Lib will be worth the time or not, since honestly who uses drk outside of CP party.

I use it on SR and Vagary all the time - it rocks. Dont need tank.
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2016-04-25 11:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ya enjoy doing stuff for fun, I glowed rag for war and then started to collect JP on it, so prob do same for lib. was kinda hoping it will be worth it, know mythic AM's are nice.
 Siren.Bloodlusty
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-04-25 12:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I have a newbie question about Mythic AM3. Now, I know I should be stacking STP, because a 4-hit on Lib would be sweet .. but I don't know how much STP I need for that, and I don't have Reisenjima/HQ abjuration gear .. so I'm guessing I should stick with a 5-hit.

I'm looking for STP values for a 4-hit and a 5-hit. My biggest concern is how negligible multi-hits are in a AM3 set. I read it's supposed to be 40% OATwice and 20% OAThrice, so that tells me it's not 100%. So should I keep some multi hit? Or am I stacking STP, and anything else add accuracy/attack? I only ask because I'm trying to sort my DRK out before I afterglow Lib. I'll add up all the STP I have and make an edit here .. EDIT: Only 40 STP, Bloodrain, Ginsen, Sule Head+1, Acro hands/legs, K'yares, Rajas, Enervating/Bladeborn.

I'm still trying to get my head around which augments I should get on the new cape as well. I could do one of each following the next update .. or both ideas could suck and I end up wasting my time and hallmarks.

This is what I use. I have a total of +72 Store tp from gear and Augs, +15 from /sam giving me 87 total. Please bear in mind the +3 regain from valorous mask is a ticking +3 store tp also, so 69 store tp from gear and augs should be the minimum standard required to achieve a 4 hit

This set gives me 1160 accuracy with no food or ionis, in escha zones with food im at 1321, so can push 1400 with geo/brd support....... just need an invite to come on DRK lolz

ItemSet 337685
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-04-25 12:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That is sweet dude. By the time I get those gears they will probably be outdated but at least its something to aim for :p Now I'm just praying next month is a high tier battlefield campaign so I can spend all my gils. :)
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-26 07:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bloodlusty said: »

This is what I use. I have a total of +72 Store tp from gear and Augs, +15 from /sam giving me 87 total. Please bear in mind the +3 regain from valorous mask is a ticking +3 store tp also, so 69 store tp from gear and augs should be the minimum standard required to achieve a 4 hit

This set gives me 1160 accuracy with no food or ionis, in escha zones with food im at 1321, so can push 1400 with geo/brd support....... just need an invite to come on DRK lolz

ItemSet 337685
Your set only has 22% equipment haste in it.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-04-26 08:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I went with..
Attack + Acc + 20
Store Tp + 10

I have a solid 4 hit build now, even dropped ginsen for seething bomblet +1. Recently got my valorus body which is a fantastic piece to aim for. I will post me set so you can see

Wasn't it already mentioned on the previous page that Acc/Att +20, STR+20, Double Attack +10% won parse in any situation? in reference for TP gear and WS gear for back piece, regardless of using scythe or GS. I guess go with whichever augments you prefer (DEX is nice for the extra acc).
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-04-26 09:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

I went with..
Attack + Acc + 20
Store Tp + 10

Wasn't it already mentioned on the previous page that Acc/Att +20, STR+20, Double Attack +10% won parse in any situation? in reference for TP gear and WS gear for back piece, regardless of using scythe or GS. I guess go with whichever augments you prefer (DEX is nice for the extra acc).

No. STP+10 beats DA+10% by a decent margin if you're using Liberator with AM3 up. Not exactly surprising, given how useless DA is for mythic AM.
[+]
 Siren.Bloodlusty
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-04-26 11:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

DRK TP

That can be easily changed through different augs. Lots of options here, however the current set up I use has no issues spamming tp and skillchains due to its high accuracy and 4 hit builld
 Siren.Flannelman
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-04-26 11:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

ItemSet 337685

If you can get HasteII and March or geo-haste, and have last resort on, you dont need a full 25% haste in gear. If last resort is down, you cant reach the delay cap without a DNC or using ApocII.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-04-26 11:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

I went with..
Attack + Acc + 20
Store Tp + 10

No. STP+10 beats DA+10% by a decent margin if you're using Liberator with AM3 up. Not exactly surprising, given how useless DA is for mythic AM.

Ok. Wasn't trying to call you out, I just saw the post on the previous page about DA+10%. So STP > DA for AM3 Liberator, while the OP, Flowen on the previous page did calculations more towards Relic GS instead of mythic scythe, which is why GS came out on top there with DA. Thanks for the clarification.
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 206 207 208