(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 203 204 205
 Valefor.Sohja
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: doniishu
By Valefor.Sohja 2016-05-01 03:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

any links to a updated spreadsheet?
[+]
By volkom 2016-05-12 13:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Any decent builds for new/returning players that can be gained solo/low man?
By Gruknor 2016-05-13 01:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Any decent builds for new/returning players that can be gained solo/low man?

Alluvion skirmish is a great place to start. Macbain is a decent gsword until you get something better. T1 escha-zitah is low manable. Sinister reign is not low man able anymore but you can try. It depends on what jobs you have available. Drk is a fun job to play, but you have to have a lot of acc+ gear to do most of the end gameish stuff. You should work on beating Rhapsodies of Vandiel so you can augment your Cronus.
 Siren.Bloodlusty
Server: Siren
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-05-13 01:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The original guide is outdated and needs updating for sure. Can we add our own item sets and a moderator update the original post? How does this work? or do we need to start a new one completely??
By volkom 2016-05-13 08:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now I got full NQ Sulevia set and Full augmented cronus. I'm hoping to get some 119 abjs. This login campaign.

Aside from that, any particular reforged pieces worth getting first
By Gruknor 2016-05-13 10:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You should try to get some valorous and odyssean armor.
By volkom 2016-05-13 11:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> well yeah. That's the end goal ya?
Baby steps D:
By Gruknor 2016-05-13 11:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Reforges artifact/relic/empyrean armor some are worth getting for job abilities, spells, ws, etc. It depends on what you have. Heathen's helm has scythe skill on it. That means more acc+ if you are using a scythe which you are. Despair helm from each-Zitah also has a lot of acc on it and it can be augmented. In fact getting despair helm, body, hands, and feet. Get eschite for legs. That is a good place to start. Doing escha ru'aun is easier to get into if you have sch, whm, geo, blm, or all four endgame ready. It is even easier if you have the patience of a saint to do pugs or an endgame is.
By volkom 2016-05-21 09:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How viable is it to get dual wield augments/gear and use 2 swords. Is it gimmicky/fun or just not worth the effort?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-21 10:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
How viable is it to get dual wield augments/gear and use 2 swords. Is it gimmicky/fun or just not worth the effort?

Why would you do that? LR's haste effect only applies to 2H weapons and the recent attack changes favor Resolution over Vorpal / Savage.
[+]
By volkom 2016-05-21 10:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for fun
By Gruknor 2016-05-21 11:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You could probably put out decent numbers considering dual wielding is not drk's thing.
By Blazed1979 2016-05-21 11:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

if you wanna dual wield play nin or blu or thf for BDD
 Shiva.Rickis
Server: Shiva
user: Rickis
By Shiva.Rickis 2016-05-22 02:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

is there any set for apoc setting?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-05-22 15:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
You can farm ambuscade with buddies and get Sulevia Set NQ as temporal upgrade. If you can tolerate aluvion skirmish then yeah you can receive amazing temporal upgrades
None of that seem to be available solo, though.

Just came back, got Apoc to 119 I, but my gear is pretty much stuck in Alluvion's days. I got a few abjurations (head, feet) but I won't be able to get any Sulevia pieces considering you need Gallantry points nowadays.

What are the options of evolution past Alluvion for solo players?
I'd gladly play with people but the server activity is very, very low.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-24 09:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Guys.

Can anyone tell me the best order of stats I should focus on for Drain/Absorb spells? I assume its Dark Skill > (Absorb Pot gear) > Macc. Does Magic Accuracy gear work on absorb/drain spells? Yes I'm asking two different things, so answer them both if possible (how to gear absorb spells, how to gear drain spells; they could be the same)

If someone could post some of their sets it would be appreciated. I assume I should always be using Reso, if not for the rare circumstances I need to SC.

Also, does anyone know if BLU can solo Sang Buaya reliably? I can kill all of the other T1s and I need a mask for DRK.

One last thing: For CPing (solo), is it just better to sub war and rotate berserk/aggressor with LR/diabolic eye, or should I be subbing sam for quicker ws? Also, if subbing sam, why do other threads say Hasso is pretty worthless? Is it not useful when LR (DB) is down, or are we always considering the possibility that we would have capped magical haste, so the hasso bonus is not efficient? Just trying to find out how I can stay at near constant capped speed when soloing, even if it means a longer delay on spells.

Thanks.
Thanks guys.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-05-24 10:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Hi Guys.

Can anyone tell me the best order of stats I should focus on for Drain/Absorb spells? I assume its Dark Skill > (Absorb Pot gear) > Macc. Does Magic Accuracy gear work on absorb/drain spells? Yes I'm asking two different things, so answer them both if possible (how to gear absorb spells, how to gear drain spells; they could be the same)

If someone could post some of their sets it would be appreciated. I assume I should always be using Reso, if not for the rare circumstances I need to SC.

Also, does anyone know if BLU can solo Sang Buaya reliably? I can kill all of the other T1s and I need a mask for DRK.

One last thing: For CPing (solo), is it just better to sub war and rotate berserk/aggressor with LR/diabolic eye, or should I be subbing sam for quicker ws? Also, if subbing sam, why do other threads say Hasso is pretty worthless? Is it not useful when LR (DB) is down, or are we always considering the possibility that we would have capped magical haste, so the hasso bonus is not efficient? Just trying to find out how I can stay at near constant capped speed when soloing, even if it means a longer delay on spells.

Thanks.
Thanks guys.

ItemSet 343853

Add various Valorous / Odyssean pieces with STR/ACC when you need more ACC. Use ambuscade cape ofc (STR/DA) and the grip will depend on your TP set.

We can kill Sang tonight duo np and get you 2-3 mask.

Hasso is worthless while you have Last Resort up (JA Haste cap being 25%) and Berserk/DA is a huge boost to Resolution.

MACC affects your absorb/drain spells but Potency is more bang for your buck once you hit a good resist rate. Dark magic skill acts as MACC as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-24 10:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the response. I saw in another post, it had Zwazo +1/Cessance in the ear slot as a preferred option over Brutal/Moonshade. Why isn't Lugra+1 considered for Resolution? Wouldn't that beat Cessance?

edit: ugh im an idiot. Lugra is dusk to dawn.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-05-24 10:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the response. I saw in another post, it had Zwazo +1/Cessance in the ear slot as a preferred option over Brutal/Moonshade. Why isn't Lugra+1 considered for Resolution? Wouldn't that beat Cessance?

edit: ugh im an idiot. Lugra is dusk to dawn.

Dusk till dawn lugra will beat cessance, but moonshade should never leave your ear for reso (I have 250tp/4acc on mine).
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-05-24 11:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
so is worthless while you have Last Resort up

Didn't SE nerf desperate blows? It is only 2% per merit level instead of the 5% it used to be.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-05-24 11:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Asura.Fiasko said: »
so is worthless while you have Last Resort up

Didn't SE nerf desperate blows? It is only 2% per merit level instead of the 5% it used to be.

They made Desperate Blows a job trait you receive at DRK lvl 15. The trait grants 15% JA haste, but it's unclear at what level it achieves this. (there are 3 increments it seems) You can further augment the trait with merits for an additional +10% for a total of 25%, just like before. This was an effort on SE's part to make subbing /drk more appealing to 2-handers.

Unfortunately, it's very easy to get this confused since there's a lot of outdated wiki's on the subject.

Hi Guys.

Thanks.
Thanks guys.

As of Sept 2015's version update, Absorb duration is now increased by Dark Magic skill. You should aim for 500+ in your sets. For potency, you can use Pavor Gauntlets + Chuparrosa Mantle.

If I'm lucky enough to have more Macc than dark skill on a piece of gear, then I'll stick that in my Resist set. A decent example is Fallen's Finger Gauntlets +1 vs fully augmented Leyline Gloves.

i.e.
Code
        ammo="Plumose Sachet", 
        head="Ignominy burgeonet +1", 
        neck="Incanter's Torque", 
        ear1="Gwati Earring",
        ear2="Dark Earring", 
        body="Carmine Scale Mail", 
        hands="Pavor Gauntlets",  
        waist="Casso Sash", 
        ring1="Evanescence Ring", 
        ring2="Sangoma Ring",
        back="Chuparrosa Mantle",
        legs="Eschite Cuisses",  
        feet="Odyssean Greaves"  -- macc augs 

For Drains, I'll add in a few pieces for extra potency, but still focus on dark magic skill + macc in other slots. When in resist mode, I drop most of the potency gear.
Code
        ammo="Plumose Sachet", 
        head=empty,
        neck="Incanter's Torque", 
        ear1="Gwati Earring",
        ear2="Hirudinea Earring", -- potency +5
        body="Lugra Cloak +1",  -- potency +31
        hands="Fallen's Finger Gauntlets +1", -- potency +12
        waist="Austerity Belt +1", -- potency +5
        ring1="Evanescence Ring", -- potency +10
        ring2="Excelsis Ring",  -- potency +5
        back=Niht.DarkMagic,   -- potency +25
        legs="Eschite Cuisses", 
        feet="Odyssean Greaves"

As for haste. Gear haste caps at 25%, magic haste caps at 43.75%, and job ability haste caps at 25%. Without any job ability haste, your going to fall short with 68.75% delay reduction. I'd stick with sam, and keep Hasso up when LR is down.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-24 11:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Really good stuff here. Thanks a bunch. For the record, I am using Pavor/Mantle, but I didn't really have a great 500+ set. I'll work on pieces for Dark skill.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-05-24 12:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
They made Desperate Blows a job trait you receive at DRK lvl 15. The trait grants 15% JA haste, but it's unclear at what level it achieves this. (there are 3 increments it seems) You can further augment the trait with merits for an additional +10% for a total of 25%, just like before. This was an effort on SE's part to make subbing /drk more appealing to 2-handers.

Unfortunately, it's very easy to get this confused since there's a lot of outdated wiki's on the subject.

I knew the merit part got jacked up, but since I haven't been on drk in so long I missed out on a lot of the updates. Ty for that info.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-24 14:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I finally completed my Liberator Afterglow :) I'm pretty happy about that, and I got some Odyssean and Valor stuff from Reisenjima so I'm going to augment those real soon.

But what I'm asking about today is /RUN as a subjob. I read that it's a decent sub on Apex Crabs, so I leveled it a month ago. I'm asking (What's The Battle Plan?) if I was to take it to an Apex Crab party.
[+]
By Gruknor 2016-05-24 15:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Ok so I finally completed my Liberator Afterglow :) I'm pretty happy about that, and I got some Odyssean and Valor stuff from Reisenjima so I'm going to augment those real soon.

But what I'm asking about today is /RUN as a subjob. I read that it's a decent sub on Apex Crabs, so I leveled it a month ago. I'm asking (What's The Battle Plan?) if I was to take it to an Apex Crab party.

Sub either sam or war. Sub run if you are going against anything with a lot of magic attacks.
 Valefor.Hakujin
Server: Valefor
user: Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2016-05-24 16:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Pixie Hairpin +1 and Carmine Scale Mail (+1) be better than Lugra Cloak +1 for Drain and Aspir? Is there something about the potency stat I'm misunderstanding?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-24 16:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I use pixie since its godly for drain/aspir, but he was posting his drain/aspir DARK SKILL sets + resist sets (high macc). Not sure why he left hairpin out on his first set, but it should be there.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-05-24 16:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Hakujin said: »
Wouldn't Pixie Hairpin +1 and Carmine Scale Mail (+1) be better than Lugra Cloak +1 for Drain and Aspir? Is there something about the potency stat I'm misunderstanding?

I use Lugra Cloak aswell in my Drain/Aspir sets because I'm not paying 7~9M for a Pixie Earring+1. It's a sacrifice but then again, I don't have Carmine Mail either so... play with what you have.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-05-24 16:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not there because I don't have it lol. There's better options in a few slots actually.

I'd be curious to know what % increase you get from pixie+1, if anyone has math'd it out. (unless it's simply 28%)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 203 204 205