(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 204 205 206
By amadis 2014-07-10 02:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

anybody know how much store tp is required for 5 and 6-hit builds with WKR GS? want to add it to my lua for fodder and not sure if i should get STP or crit rate augment
By Fafnir 2014-07-10 03:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
So just to confirm I was correct with my statement therefore before you trash me again you may wanna make sure your looking at correct info.

My post was completely valid and the last few posts confirmed my "eye balling" who would have thought it......

Trolling? You made a conclusion without any quantifiable support, why would you get upset at someone for being skeptical because of it? I was using a DPS sheet with old fTP values. My sheet was actually updated on 6/30, so I assumed the values reflected the update (Torcleaver's did), but Resolutions didn't. I was able to figure that out because of Saevel's post, that doesn't make your argument suddenly logical, you offered no support besides "achieving over 10k on delve fodder at over 2k tp." This doesn't justify your conclusion, and it doesn't give anyone insight as to what factors may make which WS stronger. Do you see the difference between your posts and Saevel's?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-07-10 04:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I am aware of the difference between mine and his posts. Point is your shooting some one down, then backing up your arguement with invalid data.

I was never arguing in the first place. I gave an example of what I had seen and on what type of mob and at what tp value as an example particularly for torcleaver as your initial question was about torcleaver. What I said was logical it's a very high level statement but that does not make it illogical.

Your skepticism came from you using invalid data. I'm not the one in the wrong here.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-10 06:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

One ws at x tp doesnt support it either you need an average ws value from a pool of 300+ wses. You also need to keep buffs/gear/debuffs constant over all wses as any difference will throw it all off. Since you got that 10k torcleaver at 2k tp you have to take into account how much it would do at 1k and how much 2 resos would do from 1k and 1k tp.
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-07-10 07:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

to be completely honest you would want the pool to be 1000 at least for anything truly conclusive.

1k ws at 100 tp.

1k ws at 200 tp.

in my 2 woh gates parties that originally sparked my question I did over 200+ torcleavers vs the same amount in the other party with reso. Same people, same buffs, same food. capped acc. same sets and reso was ahead.

It was just scoreboard but I used those ws's exclusively, and my sets are proper for each.

Honestly I'm just glad that we got the spreadsheet thing ironed out.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-07-12 14:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody have any up to date WS sets for Uku? I just started gearing drk to have a slashing DD.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-07-12 23:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »
Anybody have any up to date WS sets for Uku? I just started gearing drk to have a slashing DD.
bump, and also tp set...
 Carbuncle.Drygell
Server: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2014-07-14 06:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone got any updated greatsword gear sets they'd be willing to share ? i need to upgrade my drk somehow. thanks in advance.
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-07-14 18:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: nvm. got home from work and figured it out.
 Ragnarok.Dragish
By Ragnarok.Dragish 2014-07-16 07:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 326093

so ppl that are playing around with Cross Reaper... any adjustments i should make in my set?
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-07-16 08:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Dragish said: »
ItemSet 326093

so ppl that are playing around with Cross Reaper... any adjustments i should make in my set?
Perhaps ifrit rings or the +1 if you can afford. I haven't tried them out yet myself. But will soon.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-17 09:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

MOVED TO MY NEXT SET POST
*Edited* To reflect Hakujin's suggestions.

So I've been meaning to update my DRK, as it's been a few updates since I've meaningfully updated my sets. I was throwing together some sets last night and so far here is what I have for Catastrophe and Resolution:

*Note: I'm likely planning on making x-hits for the tp sets, so this is why I'm using Bloodrain Strap.

I'm looking for any suggestions on pieces I may have overlooked or if there are better sets out there.
 Valefor.Hakujin
Server: Valefor
user: Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-17 10:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
So I've been meaning to update my DRK, as it's been a few updates since I've meaningfully updated my sets. I was throwing together some sets last night and so far here is what I have for Catastrophe and Resolution:

ItemSet 326132

Augments: Otomi has STR+8. Moonshade has attack/TP bonus. Mikinaak is Path A.

Accuracy Set
ItemSet 326136

-----------------------------

ItemSet 326131

Accuracy Set
ItemSet 326137

*Note: I'm likely planning on making x-hits for the tp sets, so this is why I'm using Bloodrain Strap.

I'm looking for any suggestions on pieces I may have overlooked or if there are better sets out there.
You'll want Phorcys Korazin for Catastrophe. The Resolution set looks good for fodder but you may want more accuracy for harder fights. Easy swaps are Yaoyotl Helm, Mes'yohi Haubergeon, Letalis Mantle, and Ejekamal Boots with +8 STR.

EDIT: you updated your post while I was writing. Catastrophe has a massive accuracy boost because it's a 1 hit WS so you won't need the accuracy set for it.

EDIT2: I didn't even think about Mes'yohi Haubergeon vs Fallen's +1. Seems like Mes'yohi is a clear winner, thanks.
By Zaeeth 2014-07-17 10:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished Apocalypse, love it! Here is my set for it.
ItemSet 326104

I'm still tweaking it. I got Metalsinger belt two nights ago and haven't had the chance to try it over Soil belt. Any suggestions would be welcome.

You have Ragnarok so you've got a bit more accuracy than I but here is my set for Resolution.
ItemSet 320831

I use the Ignominy Gauntlets +1 over Mikinaak for the accuracy and the lost of only 1 STR and a minor amount of attack.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-17 10:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Hakujin said: »
You'll want Phorcys Korazin for Catastrophe. The Resolution set looks good for fodder but you may want more accuracy for harder fights. Easy swaps are Yaoyotl Helm, Fallen's Cuirass +1, Letalis Mantle, and Whirlpool Greaves.

EDIT: you updated your post while I was writing. Catastrophe has a massive accuracy boost because it's a 1 hit WS so you won't need the accuracy set for it.

Sorry about the edit, lol. Thanks for the advice, updating the sets now, to reflect the changes.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-17 10:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Zaeeth said: »
I just finished Apocalypse, love it! Here is my set for it.
ItemSet 326104

I'm still tweaking it. I got Metalsinger belt two nights ago and haven't had the chance to try it over Soil belt. Any suggestions would be welcome.

You have Ragnarok so you've got a bit more accuracy than I but here is my set for Resolution.
ItemSet 320831

I use the Ignominy Gauntlets +1 over Mikinaak for the accuracy and the lost of only 1 STR and a minor amount of attack.

Hi Zaeeth. I ran your Cata set into the spreadsheet without accounting for the rings (left both Ifrit +1 in there) and the results are quite a bit lower than the set I posted (even with the Metalsinger belt, it's lower than Ele. Belt).

WS avg my set: 3065
WS avg your set: 2791

I'm also missing some of the gear from my set, but it's more so something to strive for. :)

I haven't run the Rag sets yet, but I'll do that later and let you know what I get.

Edit: Rag sets also had the same results. I left Rag in both sets as well as the STR rings, but I know you need to have more acc in your set to make up for the lack of relic. My suggestion would be to switch over a few pieces til you have a comfortable amount of acc and try to up your WS avg a bit. :)

WS avg my set: 4022
WS avg your set: 3321
 Valefor.Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-17 11:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually looking at the numbers, I wonder if Ejekamal boots with +8 STR (-2 accuracy, -17 attack, +6 STR, +1% triple attack) would beat out Whirlpool for Resolution?
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-07-17 11:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually looking at the numbers, I wonder if Ejekamal boots with +8 STR (-2 accuracy, -17 attack, +6 STR, +1% triple attack) would beat out Whirlpool for Resolution?
Yessir.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-17 11:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ran it with my set:

With Fallen's: 4022
With Ejekamal: 4005
With Whirlpool: 3983

Hmmm so I guess Ejekamal beats Whirlpool by a fair margin, when you would need the extra accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-17 21:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok! So I managed to throw together some TP sets for Rag and Apoc to go along with my WS sets. Let me know what you think. Apoc sets maintain a 5-hit, and Rag sets maintain a 6-hit /sam.

TP Sets

Ragnarok TP (Xaddi Path C)
ItemSet 326142

Ragnarok TP-ACC
ItemSet 326149

Ragnarok TP-HighACC (Xaddi Gauntlets C, Xaddi Cuisses A, Ejekamal Boots Haste + STR)
ItemSet 326305

Apocalypse TP (Xaddi Path A)
ItemSet 326152

Apocalypse TP-ACC (Xaddi Path A)
ItemSet 326155

Apocalypse TP-HighACC (Xaddi Gauntlets Path C, Xaddi Cuisses/Boots Path A)
ItemSet 326304

Apocalypse AM
(It's the same as the TP set to maintain 5-hit.. not sure what I could change without making it worse...also didn't put my acc sets for AM here)
ItemSet 326151

Weaponskill Sets for Apocalypse and Ragnarok

ItemSet 326132

ItemSet 326131

Accuracy Set
ItemSet 326137
By Fafnir 2014-07-17 22:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok! So I managed to throw together some TP sets for Rag and Apoc to go along with my WS sets. Let me know what you think. Apoc sets maintain a 5-hit, and Rag sets maintain a 6-hit /sam.

TP Sets

Ragnarok TP (Xaddi Path C)
ItemSet 326142

Ragnarok TP-ACC
ItemSet 326149

Apocalypse TP (Xaddi Path A)
ItemSet 326152

Apocalypse TP-ACC (Xaddi Path A)
ItemSet 326155

Apocalypse AM
(It's the same as the TP set to maintain 5-hit.. not sure what I could change without making it worse...
ItemSet 326151

Weaponskill Sets for Apocalypse and Ragnarok

ItemSet 326132

ItemSet 326131

Accuracy Set
ItemSet 326137

What targets are those sets being used for (target accuracy, or mob's evasion would be enough to compare) Looks like a mid and high set?
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-18 08:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry the target for the TP sets were Kamihr Raaz. I didn't change the target for the high acc sets.

Edit: 753 Def, 713 Eva
 Valefor.Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-18 10:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

(...)
For the accuracy sets, Xaddi Gauntlets (C) and Xaddi Cuisses (A) are +29 accuracy, +8 attack, +1 StoreTP, -2% DA (with perfect augs...not trivial) over Cizin +1. Worth considering I think.
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2014-07-18 11:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Krispy said: »
Asura.Echandra said: »

(Forgot to souleater ._.")

don't come back until you have awesome pics using souleater.

ok ._."

this is why we dont souleater the tree
[+]
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-18 11:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL that's awesome! hahaha

@Hakujin Yeah, that's a lot of accuracy that I could add in there, but I think the main reason I didn't was because I was trying to maintain the x-hits while still adding accuracy where I could. There should be a Dynamic Belt +1 in the Rag set as well though.
 Valefor.Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-18 21:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL that's awesome! hahaha

@Hakujin Yeah, that's a lot of accuracy that I could add in there, but I think the main reason I didn't was because I was trying to maintain the x-hits while still adding accuracy where I could. There should be a Dynamic Belt +1 in the Rag set as well though.
Xaddi hands & legs together have more store TP than Cizin +1, so your x-hit should be easier at best and identical at worst.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-19 08:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason I was confusing the Xaddi Gauntlets C augment with the Xaddi Boots C. You're right, I've added those to my high-acc set in my gearswap.
 Valefor.Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-19 11:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming haste +2% augment on Ejekamal Boots, Anguinus Belt will be better than Dynamic Belt +1 for Rag's accuracy set too.
 Cerberus.Krispy
Server: Cerberus
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-07-21 10:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said: »
Asura.Echandra said: »

(Forgot to souleater ._.")

don't come back until you have awesome pics using souleater.

ok ._."

this is why we dont souleater the tree

lmao that's pretty epic. never had it happen to me :x
 Leviathan.Balrahn
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Balrahn 2014-07-23 09:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a good GS file for drks with apoc and ragna?
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 204 205 206