(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 206 207 208
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-07-05 08:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Krispy said: »

(Forgot to souleater ._.")

don't come back until you have awesome pics using souleater.
 Valefor.Hakujin
Server: Valefor
user: Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-05 11:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on Ragnarok 119 vs Tunglmyrkvi and Ukudyoni? I see the latter two with better numbers on the latest (2014-07-01) DPS spreadsheet on anything that isn't Tojil. On Tojil, Ragnarok is substantially ahead; is that because of the accuracy? Or are the additional crits inflating your cratio?
 Valefor.Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-05 11:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Hakujin said: »
Thoughts on Ragnarok 119 vs Tunglmyrkvi and Ukudyoni? I see the latter two with better numbers on the latest (2014-07-01) DPS spreadsheet on anything that isn't Tojil. On Tojil, Ragnarok is substantially ahead; is that because of the accuracy? Or are the additional crits inflating your cratio?
To answer my own question: it was the accuracy. Adding Madrigal x2 puts both Tunglmyrkvi and Ukudyoni ahead of Ragnarok 119. Why do people use Ragnarok? What am I missing here?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-05 11:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit+14%, ODx2.5 and where you need madrigals you could be using Minuets or less acc in your gear set with more str/att/multi hit.
[+]
 Valefor.Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-05 12:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Crit+14%, ODx2.5 and where you need madrigals you could be using Minuets or less acc in your gear set with more str/att/multi hit.
The spreadsheet does account for Ragnarok's 14% crit. If I manually add 20% ODD (what is the real percentage here?) to account for the ODx2.5 procs then Rag is back on top again, thank you.
 Bismarck.Isolation
Server: Bismarck
user: ringly
By Bismarck.Isolation 2014-07-05 13:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoying my Liberator!

got another LS to fund?

anyway, rag is back on top yea? means I get to start using mibe again!
By Freazer 2014-07-05 13:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Isolation said: »
Enjoying my Liberator!

got another LS to fund?

that would require him to be on a tarutaru, so rag is worth making again?
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2014-07-05 13:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ben is alive in that pic. Shopped
 Cerberus.Krispy
Server: Cerberus
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-07-05 21:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Freazer said: »
Bismarck.Isolation said: »
Enjoying my Liberator!

got another LS to fund?

that would require him to be on a tarutaru, so rag is worth making again?

What is this 2009?

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

I die more than Ben now :( Paper defense!
 Cerberus.Fthis
user: Benjix
By Cerberus.Fthis 2014-07-05 21:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lol good one, how is things uncle jesse?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-06 02:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Latest DPS spreedsheet still doesn't count Rag's 2.5x proc rate, only Apoc's. You can check and see for yourself if you look under the data tab, line 215 block C. It checks the following
Code
=IF(LEFT($Gear.$AB3;10)="Ragnarok"; IF(ISERROR(VALUE(RIGHT($Gear.$AB3;3))); 0; VALUE(RIGHT($Gear.$AB3;3))); 0)

If you manually enter "119" into that field then it will auto-calculate the right value. Before Rag was best GS and second best weapon behind Liberator. Not sure what it is now though.
By Fafnir 2014-07-06 02:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

Latest DPS spreedsheet still doesn't count Rag's 2.5x proc rate, only Apoc's. You can check and see for yourself if you look under the data tab, line 215 block C. It checks the following
Code
=IF(LEFT($Gear.$AB3;10)="Ragnarok"; IF(ISERROR(VALUE(RIGHT($Gear.$AB3;3))); 0; VALUE(RIGHT($Gear.$AB3;3))); 0)

If you manually enter "119" into that field then it will auto-calculate the right value. Before Rag was best GS and second best weapon behind Liberator. Not sure what it is now though.

The relic proc tab for Ragnarok is indeed still broken.

If you add an OAT Kaquljaan with the new paragon augments to the DPS sheet, it should come out ahead of Rag in acc-capped situations, trumps Tungl by a significant margin. I never saw Ukudyoni being much use, falls behind even if latent could stay active.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2014-07-06 09:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Fthis said: »

Pretty good. Hitting up the Smash Club later. But, working on my lolrush. What are you working on now Ben?
 Valefor.Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-06 10:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Code

Nice catch! Updating this field to the proper 119 and removing the manual ODD% edit puts Tunglmyrkvi ahead of Ragnarok on Tojil for me, assuming Haste, March x2, Minuet, Madrigal, Chaos, Hunter's for the fight. Where are our numbers (specifically Ragnarok being DRK's best weapon behind Liberator) out of sync?
 Valefor.Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-06 11:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fafnir said: »

If you add an OAT Kaquljaan with the new paragon augments to the DPS sheet, it should come out ahead of Rag in acc-capped situations, trumps Tungl by a significant margin. I never saw Ukudyoni being much use, falls behind even if latent could stay active.
Is OAT/Acc Kaquljaan practical on any real fight? You're ~85 accuracy behind Ragnarok 119.
 Cerberus.Fthis
user: Benjix
By Cerberus.Fthis 2014-07-06 16:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Fthis said: »

Pretty good. Hitting up the Smash Club later. But, working on my lolrush. What are you working on now Ben?

still up in the air but something for a pal of mine.
 Cerberus.Krispy
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-07-06 18:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »

don't come back until you have awesome pics using souleater.

ok ._."
By Fafnir 2014-07-07 13:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fafnir said: »

Is OAT/Acc Kaquljaan practical on any real fight? You're ~85 accuracy behind Ragnarok 119.

Depends what you're fighting. There's still ADL and a handful of other dated content that is still worth doing actively, Ragnarok wouldn't be the best choice in these situations.

In Delve II and any applicable 119+ level BCs, when the target needs approximately 1k+ acc to maintain capped hit rate, Tungl/OAT Kaqul would have difficulty keeping up with Ragnarok.
By Fafnir 2014-07-07 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Code

Nice catch! Updating this field to the proper 119 and removing the manual ODD% edit puts Tunglmyrkvi ahead of Ragnarok on Tojil for me, assuming Haste, March x2, Minuet, Madrigal, Chaos, Hunter's for the fight. Where are our numbers (specifically Ragnarok being DRK's best weapon behind Liberator) out of sync?

This all depends on your target. I don't think the DPS sheets have approximate stats for D-VD or Delve II targets by default, but you can plug in approximates for their stats. I would put them around 1k+ evasion easily.
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-07-07 21:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

we've always worked with the evasion number around 1050 and things work out.

btw, I know that people were back on the torcleaver bandwagon again, but It's performance (except on super high evasion mobs) has been a bit lackluster. Anyone else seeing this? Or maybe it's just some variance.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-08 15:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Been playing DRK on my alt, and looking at the dps spreadsheet, why is Spiral Hell coming out so far ahead of other WS options?
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-07-08 16:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Limlight said: »

btw, I know that people were back on the torcleaver bandwagon again, but It's performance (except on super high evasion mobs) has been a bit lackluster. Anyone else seeing this? Or maybe it's just some variance.

Torcleaver is not better than resolution in terms of raw ws dmg. (From personal experience.) However it's ability to make double light and being better than scourge gives it utility.

In terms of ws dmg ive achieved over 10k on delve fodder at over 2k tp. However most ws at the moment can achieve this number at those tp values.
By Fafnir 2014-07-08 17:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Sylph.Limlight said: »

Torcleaver is not better than resolution in terms of raw ws dmg. (From personal experience.) However it's ability to make double light and being better than scourge gives it utility.

In terms of ws dmg ive achieved over 10k on delve fodder at over 2k tp. However most ws at the moment can achieve this number at those tp values.

Unless you are parsing with something more extensive than scoreboard, like KParser, and getting many samples of both these WSes against similar targets, eyeball estimates do not warrant that kind of conclusion.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43555/post-update-drk/2#2653723

The ftp values (1000-2000) have been confirmed at this point (If you look down a few posts in that link, there's a link to them), with multiple sources agreeing on the same values (including Studio Gobli), based on that alone Torcleaver is the stronger WS.

Edit: There wasn't confirmation on Torcleaver's values at 3000 TP, but Resolution should have an edge at that point.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-09 05:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you getting that? Moonshade and gorget + belt give Reso 5.55 fTP at 1000TP without counting DA/TA procs (each is +1.114 fTP). Torc is 5.43 (+1.0 for DA/TA proc) at 1000TP with moonshade, 5.53 if you use belt and a MA collar. STR is a better overall modifier then VIT due to us getting more of it and it also increasing fSTR. Resolution at 5/5 is 85% STR, Torcleaver is 80% VIT. The higher your TP goes the crazier resolution gets. Further it's easier to build a 5/6 hit (depending on weapon) around Resolution due to it's multihit nature.

The only down side is the -15% attack penalty which is really bad for RUN but DRK has the highest attack in the game. Attack is definitely not an issue for DRK.

I'm not criticizing you, just curious on how you arrived to the conclusion that Torcleaver was stronger then Resolution at 100Tp WS spam?

Edit:

I put in "the best sets" in the DPS sheets and used Tojil (fairly high level target) as an example and I think I know what might be the problem. Did you make sure your WS set has the same accuracy as your TP set? The "max Resolution" set ends up being pretty weak on anything 119 because many of the gear items have lots of STR and MA but are devoid of accuracy. Putting in your Tocleaver set, I then adjusted the resolution set to have the same acc as the TP set and Resolution beat Torcleaver. I used a 119 Ragnarok for the comparison (accuracy always matters when your concerned about your damage).
By Zaeeth 2014-07-09 11:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish they would unchain Resolution from that attack penalty. My RUN would love it and my DRK would love it even more.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-07-09 12:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you getting that? Moonshade and gorget + belt give Reso 5.55 fTP at 1000TP without counting DA/TA procs (each is +1.114 fTP). Torc is 5.43 (+1.0 for DA/TA proc) at 1000TP with moonshade, 5.53 if you use belt and a MA collar. STR is a better overall modifier then VIT due to us getting more of it and it also increasing fSTR. Resolution at 5/5 is 85% STR, Torcleaver is 80% VIT. The higher your TP goes the crazier resolution gets. Further it's easier to build a 5/6 hit (depending on weapon) around Resolution due to it's multihit nature.

The only down side is the -15% attack penalty which is really bad for RUN but DRK has the highest attack in the game. Attack is definitely not an issue for DRK.

I'm not criticizing you, just curious on how you arrived to the conclusion that Torcleaver was stronger then Resolution at 100Tp WS spam?

Edit:

I put in "the best sets" in the DPS sheets and used Tojil (fairly high level target) as an example and I think I know what might be the problem. Did you make sure your WS set has the same accuracy as your TP set? The "max Resolution" set ends up being pretty weak on anything 119 because many of the gear items have lots of STR and MA but are devoid of accuracy. Putting in your Tocleaver set, I then adjusted the resolution set to have the same acc as the TP set and Resolution beat Torcleaver. I used a 119 Ragnarok for the comparison (accuracy always matters when your concerned about your damage).

Simply put he's the one talking absolute bollocks and trying to make me look bad the fact of the matter is Resolution is the stronger of the two weaponskills which your post basically covers it, and I have used dark enough to know and understand this. Everything I said is perfectly valid.
By Fafnir 2014-07-09 12:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit:

There's actually less accuracy in my Torcleaver sets (32 less than Resolution for high, 6 less for mid), likely because the DPS sheets have some sort of accuracy bonus for Torcleaver.

Edit I: the TP/WS split was 6 acc less for mid-Tor, and 1 acc more for mid-Reso, -24 acc and -8 less for high, respectively. Also, I assume a high amount of buffs (Hunter's madrigals, soup), so that might be why we are getting different results. For reference, I used 1030 evasion for mid, and 1090 for high, Rag 119.

Assuming capped acc in both situations, could it be that the Resolution attack penalty is what's giving Torcleaver an edge? Until there was about 200 more attack in the Resolution set, I didn't see it overtake Torcleaver (barring Souleater active on WS).

Edit II: I see there's a difference also in ftp value. Shouldn't Resolution only be .9141 with ele gorgets/belt/moonshade? Moonshade shouldn't be adding as much as the belt/gorgets, and those should only be adding .0976 each
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-09 16:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There's actually less accuracy in my Torcleaver sets (32 less than Resolution for high, 6 less for mid), likely because the DPS sheets have some sort of accuracy bonus for Torcleaver.

The first attack of every WS has a very potent accuracy bonus, they required the use of blind potions to get it low enough confirm it. I used a very large range of gear and the only time I got Torcleaver beating Reso was when Reso had a low accuracy. I had cratio as low as 1.05 and Reso was still winning. You can check this by going to the data tab and looking for raw and effective hit rates.

Are you using the updated fTP points for Resolution? SE buffed it in the last update.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Resolution

0.71875, 1.5, 2.25
@125TP (moonshade) gives you 0.914 base fTP per swing, add 0.2 from the gorget/belt and you get 1.114 per hit. There are five hits so 5.57 fTP without MA procs.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Torcleaver

Torcleaver is 4.75, 7.5, and 10??. The last isn't important since we're just concerned with 100Tp spam.

@125TP you get 5.437fTP, add one of gorget/belt and you get 5.537fTP. Add both and you get 5.637fTP.

It's pretty much a guarantee that your using far less accuracy in resolution then in your TP gear and thus missing hits. Stuff like Yaoyotl helm over Otomi and Whirlpool over Fallen +1. Gotta check the data tab and see what your hit rate is, then adjust your WS set from there. The golden rule I've used for multi-hit WS's is to always use the same amount of accuracy as in your TP set.
By Fafnir 2014-07-09 19:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure our issue here isn't accuracy. The DPS sheets don't reflect the Resolution fTP values posted on bgwiki/studio gobli, they're actually listed as 0.7188 / 0.9 / 1.0 on the sheet, big difference compared with a 1.5 anchor point, and this affects moonshade. What's more, studio gobli had listed tentatively that Reso's attack penalty was softened after the update, but now its listed as -11%, though sheet has it at -15%, so there's some conflicting information here.

Edit: Yeah, you're right, I was using an older version, i see its consistent 0.7188 1.5000 2.2500 now
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-07-10 01:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So just to confirm I was correct with my statement therefore before you trash me again you may wanna make sure your looking at correct info.

My post was completely valid and the last few posts confirmed my "eye balling" who would have thought it......
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 206 207 208