First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 156 157 158
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-14 12:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Iuitl stuff(gets pdt with any augment). If you can't do skirmish then just use the highest def ilvl gear you have. It's no longer worth it to use old stuff such as Darksteel cause the def is too low on those.

To note some other options not in the front page sets:

- Lithelimb Cap (PDT-3%, along with good acc, and AGI if you lack better WS/QD options)
- Qaaxo path B stuff, which is also pretty solid melee gear (PDT-3% at R15)
- Iximulew Cape (PDT-4% Occ. absorbs Earth)
- Repulse Mantle (PDT-4% reduces knockback)
- Mollusca Mantle (DT-5%, but movement speed- can be annoying for COR if you're running around buffing)
By Ramyrez 2014-11-14 13:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the multi-purpose PDT/MDT combo set for the faithful:

ItemSet 330639

Put these on and pray!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-14 13:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

He said starter gear..lithelimb and qaaxo are definetely more advanced than skirmish and ah.

Also most people aren't going to make multiple qaaxo sets.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-14 15:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He said starter gear..lithelimb and qaaxo are definetely more advanced than skirmish and ah.

Also most people aren't going to make multiple qaaxo sets.

No need to defend yourself, you gave good info and I'm just giving some additional choices that weren't in your reply or the sets posted on page 1. Doesn't hurt anyone to mention additional choices that might just drop to someone while doing an AAHM or Delve NMs (even outside versions).

Specifically about Lithelimb, it's arguably easier to get than 119 Skirmish armors. If you can do ORK Skirmish, surely you can also do normal level AAHM - it's not that advanced. And at this stage in the game there's probably significantly less competition for most AA drops anyway.

Ramyrez said: »
Put these on and pray!

Ha!
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2014-11-14 18:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't the karmesin vest be better than the mekosuchinae harness for Melee Accuracy now?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-14 18:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah barely, but no cool sphere!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-11-15 19:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question: i just got a neck called Gaudryi Necklage and i don't see in which set i can put it...does this neck is good for something in particular or its a waste of space?
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-15 21:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the multi-purpose PDT/MDT combo set for the faithful:

ItemSet 330639

Put these on and pray!
You forgot Eihwaz ring, death comes in many forms! :D lol

Carbuncle.Jiyoh said: »
I have a question: i just got a neck called Gaudryi Necklage and i don't see in which set i can put it...does this neck is good for something in particular or its a waste of space?
If you can drop a few points of racc dropping down from Ej necklace, its an option for the +STP to make an x-hit gun build for tp phase.

Compare Ej Necklace/Iqabi Necklace/Gaudryi necklace/Ocachi Gorget and youll see they all lie along a spectrum of RAcc<->StoreTp+Ratk.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-11-16 07:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
If you can drop a few points of racc dropping down from Ej necklace, its an option for the +STP to make an x-hit gun build for tp phase.

Compare Ej Necklace/Iqabi Necklace/Gaudryi necklace/Ocachi Gorget and youll see they all lie along a spectrum of RAcc<->StoreTp+Ratk.

But i don't know all the cap for STP,RNG ACC,Melee ACC so im kinda lost here ^^;
By fractalvoid 2014-11-16 07:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jiyoh said: »

But i don't know all the cap for STP,RNG ACC,Melee ACC so im kinda lost here ^^;

There is no cap on sTP but there becomes a point at which gearing for more sTP is senseless. I don't know much about sTP sets for COR as I usually melee for TP, so someone else can surely provide you with a better answer.

As far as melee and ranged acc; those do have a cap, but it varies greatly depending on what you are fighting and what buffs and potential debuffs you will be receiving.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-16 08:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK why everyone uses Lithelimb over Ejekamal (-4pdt/-2mdt)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-16 09:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Acc unless you know the exact eva of the target has to be gauged by experience.
Is your ideal tp set no good? Add acc food.
Still no? Change accessories to acc ones.
Still whiffin? Change main pieces too.
Still blind? Try more accurate weapons.
Nothing? Go home.

edit: the acc necessary can also greatly vary with buffs/debuffs that are present.

As for stp I don't know how much is needed now since they made changes to tp gain some months ago.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-16 17:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Acc unless you know the exact eva of the target has to be gauged by experience.
Is your ideal tp set no good? Add acc food.
Still no? Change accessories to acc ones.
Still whiffin? Change main pieces too.
Still blind? Try more accurate weapons.
Nothing? Go home.

edit: the acc necessary can also greatly vary with buffs/debuffs that are present.

As for stp I don't know how much is needed now since they made changes to tp gain some months ago.

Both have 15 acc
By Fasaga 2014-11-16 17:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
IDK why everyone uses Lithelimb over Ejekamal (-4pdt/-2mdt)

Better stats, higher defense. The difference in defense has a great impact than one extra -pdt. As far as mdt goes, it's not hard to cap that in other slots.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-16 18:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Both have 15 acc
Both what? I didn't meantion any gear in my post.
By Ramyrez 2014-11-16 18:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot Eihwaz ring, death comes in many forms! :D lol

Didn't have room in my inventory. You may be underestimating how much I rely on "prayer" for my PDT/MDT.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-17 18:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Checking the OP, is Sabebus A really the superior option over Sabebus C? I would have thought 3 DA would beat some STR and a bit of attack. Then again, I'm still learning spreadsheets so I just do eyeball math for anything but BLU.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Server: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2014-11-18 03:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stage A and B offers 3 more DMG and 3 more DMG alone are better than 3 DA.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-18 07:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

3 damage doesn't beat 3 da for overall damage, unless you are ws'ing with your dagger......which u shouldn't be doing
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-18 12:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, so path C it is for general meleeing purposes?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-18 12:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even recommend investing in a Sabebus at all at this point. Vanir, Atoyac and Arendsi should all satisfy your needs if you can get them.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-18 13:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The loss of acc from the lower skill on Atoyac in the offhand wouldn't be an issue in higher fights? Or is that where Arendsi fits in?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-18 13:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's it; on occasions where Atoyac fails you due to acc problems, Arendsi and Vanir together are still a very good combo.
By Ramyrez 2014-11-18 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if I could just get a god damn Arendsi...

I've done so much damn Incursion, not a single Corsair cape or Arendsi.

Not. One.
(My wife, inversely, has gotten exactly one, and all it has is -1 enmity on it.)

Yet I've thrown away about twenty (not an overestimate) Scholar Capes and I've got a Summoner cape that makes the people in my ls who actually play it kinda angry.

Bad system is bad.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-18 13:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if I could just get a god damn Arendsi...

I've done so much damn Incursion, not a single Corsair cape or Arendsi.

Not. One.
(My wife, inversely, has gotten exactly one, and all it has is -1 enmity on it.)

Yet I've thrown away about twenty (not an overestimate) Scholar Capes and I've got a Summoner cape that makes the people in my ls who actually play it kinda angry.

Bad system is bad.
omg i know that feel about the fleuret, i've been organising Ignor-Mnt and Tryl combo runs to brute force my luck on getting some drops. Still no luck. Pretty sure everyone in the ls and people that join my pug runs has one by now >_<;

I've only got 1 aug cor cape too, -3phantom roll, -1enmity 3mab. Must spam till i get wsd+mab.

But yeah i would love to throw bayld/gil something at getting a good aug cor cape.The randomness on this cape system is so bad, and super high level incursion runs 128+ are just flat out tedious and get really hard to 6man unless its perfect setup.

What's particularly distressing is it feels like this event has a limited lifespan to it (i know some are tired of it and can live with the capes they have already), but the capes are pretty much best in slot for the foreseeable future for some jobs.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-11-18 14:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What's particularly distressing is it feels like this event has a limited lifespan to it (i know some are tired of it and can live with the capes they have already)

Luckily I've got a static I do BCNMs with on a weekly basis so at the very least once we stop doing it as an LS thing I can still do runs with them at this for the exp, but...yeah. It's kinda tedious. I actually really hate the event, I just like the exp/job points and a chance at gear I still need.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-18 20:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's it; on occasions where Atoyac fails you due to acc problems, Arendsi and Vanir together are still a very good combo.

The +27 acc on sword +15 acc aug on Atoyac, work very nicely together to make up for each of their short comings.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-20 14:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't get either/both of Vanir/Arendsi, Acc path Sabebus is still the best replacement. Particularly because any time you're swapping out Atoyac, Acc is probably your concern. Eventually it becomes unnecessary if you have both Vanir/Arendsi, but since either of those can be a real hassle to obtain...

Also, question: lacking Nilas Gloves, what's current next best Leaden hands? Still Thurandaut +1?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-20 15:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

As shown on the first page, yes.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-20 15:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As shown on the first page, yes.

Ah, overlooked that the alt/downgrade set was for both WF and Leaden. Thanks!

Minor revision too in that set, Forban+1 now exists so obviously replaces NQ Forban.
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 156 157 158