By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-20 15:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-20 15:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

new Salire Belt now beats aquiline for macc/mab in waist slot, not sure where it drops from.
I bought one that popped on the AH finally (its weird that this belt has a level 75 req and not 99).

also Imp. Wing Hairpin +1 edges out lanun+1 for a wildfire hat option, I got a +1 direct from a coffer.
My field tests were done with it while my unity is in 1st place, so its probably at best an alternative/downgrade option for new cors that dont have a 119 hat.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-21 06:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I already addressed the belt, it has 1 mab more but less accuracy, so the upgrade is very relative. I guess I should put it in the set though anyway(didn't for lazyness).

The hairpin depends on unity ranking..but it's only an alternative option, Fugacity+1 remains best.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-11-21 08:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You list Ponente Sash as an alternative/downgrade for WF and Leaden, but Sveltesse Gouriz +1 has 1 more AGI and you get to resist gravity!~ :D
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-21 08:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-11-21 12:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Would someone mind posting their melee acc set for lv 132+ content (incursion mostly)? The ls is shifting away from sam roll in favor of allies roll and tp gain in my high acc set is miserable from the loss.
By Ramyrez 2014-11-21 12:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Would someone mind posting their melee acc set for lv 132+ content (incursion mostly)? The ls is shifting away from sam roll in favor of allies roll and tp gain in my high acc set is miserable from the loss.

ItemSet 319092

From the guide itself on the first page.

As long as you're hitting things I can't see why your TP gain would be miserable. Most of the time I get massive TP overflow.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-11-21 12:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, I know what max acc looks like. Is that what you're meleeing in? The guide specifically says to mix and match pieces from the tp set and the acc set. TP gain is miserable without an 11 sam roll because I'm used to 2 melee rounds getting me from ws to ws. Without sam roll it takes a bit longer and I find that miserable.
By Ramyrez 2014-11-21 12:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you actually don't need that much acc or are willing to sub other stats, you could sub in Rajas, Iuitl Tights +1, Bladeborn/Steelflash, Olseni Belt, Goading Belt, Asperity or Houyi neck.

Those are the okay swaps to mix in and out off the top of my head.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-21 12:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

ItemSet 319092

As long as you're hitting things I can't see why your TP gain would be miserable. Most of the time I get massive TP overflow.

Some minor updates to that acc set:

- Grounded Mantle/+1 (Acc+20/+21, plus DEX depending on Unity rank)
- Zennaroi Earring (Acc+12, but may not be worth breaking up set earrings)
- Olseni Belt (Acc+20)
- Anguinus Belt (which has always been better than Hurch'lan when you cap Acc haste [EDIT: but I'm sure you all know what I meant] without belt slot, same acc but Anguinus also gets Atk+15/DA+1%...)

As for Incursion, you're gonna need some acc buffs (or evasion debuffs) on 132+.

- I'd prioritize Allies+Hunter's in a party with SAMs. The SAMs are gonna need Acc too on 130+ stuff. 2x COR is great too, allowing you to add Chaos+something.
- Make sure you're eating acc food? Seems obvious, but yeah.
- Use Quickstep (often a THF/DNC, but you could do this on COR/DNC), Distract, GEO eva-
- as discussed recently, if you don't have Vanir/Arsendi, Sabebus Acc path is good.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-11-21 13:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

At the moment I end up dual stunning but as other people gear rdm or geo it's inevitable i'll be dual geo and cor in the melee party. I think melee party will switch to allies hunters in the future (and I debate getting far enough from the party to make my rolls hunters sam). I just wanted to see what people were actually wearing for high level incursion. Our acc buffs are decent, haste 2 from the rdms means that the bard can give an extra acc song and we bring dual geos so one can keep up eva down.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-21 13:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Ramyrez said: »

ItemSet 319092

Some minor updates to that acc set:

- Grounded Mantle/+1 (Acc+20/+21, plus DEX depending on Unity rank)
- Zennaroi Earring (Acc+12, but may not be worth breaking up set earrings)
- Olseni Belt (Acc+20)
- Anguinus Belt (which has always been better than Hurch'lan when you cap Acc without belt slot, same acc but Anguinus also gets Atk+15/DA+1%...)

As for Incursion, you're gonna need some acc buffs (or evasion debuffs) on 132+.

- I'd prioritize Allies+Hunter's in a party with SAMs. The SAMs are gonna need Acc too on 130+ stuff. 2x COR is great too, allowing you to add Chaos+something.
- Make sure you're eating acc food? Seems obvious, but yeah.
- Use Quickstep (often a THF/DNC, but you could do this on COR/DNC), Distract, GEO eva-
- as discussed recently, if you don't have Vanir/Arsendi, Sabebus Acc path is good.

Why's everyone using Arsendi when acc is an issue? The acc from that weapon is terrible. Not only it has 14 skill lower on the weapon, but COR also has sword skill 16 lower than dagger skill.

In the end you're losing 30 skill before you add acc bonus from the weapon.

If you really really need accuracy, Sabebus path B or bust.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-21 14:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, as I don't own Arsendi I just assumed it was 242 skill, and that the Acc+27 more than made up for the gap between sword/dagger skill.

Personally, I do use Sabebus B along with the following set. All Qaaxo pieces R15 path B (Acc/STR/PDT-), which I also use on other jobs, I like the combo of Acc and PDT- in Incursion (and many other events):

ItemSet 330840
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-22 14:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont use allies roll over chaos roll. 25%(ish) on a skillchain doesnt over come +40%(ish) on the 2 WS that combine for the SC....whose damage is based on the WS itself.

If I hear of this again.....I'll be REALLY angry, but remain silent and stew about it. I may post the WTF meme with Picard from Star Trek, if I'm REALLY REALLY angry.....dont take me there, please.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-22 14:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Dont use allies roll over chaos roll. 25%(ish) on a skillchain doesnt over come +40%(ish) on the 2 WS that combine for the SC....whose damage is based on the WS itself.

Depending on target and pt setup, if you have Idris GEO popping SP your attack may be capped with steps, making Chaos roll useless. I wouldn't be so quick to tell them they're doing it wrong without knowing their pt setup/target.
[+]
By Fasaga 2014-11-22 20:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If I hear of this again.....I'll be REALLY angry, but remain silent and stew about it. I may post the WTF meme with Picard from Star Trek, if I'm REALLY REALLY angry.....dont take me there, please.

If you are 5-stepping allies roll is far superior to chaos.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-23 06:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated the part about weapons which I hadn't done in a while(I think I'm still missing Doomsday in the gun section though, I have to research about the aug pool); about the acc set: there is a dagger and a sword to indicate the best of both worlds, as in if you want/need a sword, then Arendsi is the most accurate available.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-23 11:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fasaga said: »

You arent 5 stepping SCs.......come on be honest.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-23 12:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Indi fury blazed or bolster, geo -deff blazed or bolstered, dia 4 and 5 stacked boxstep, minuet and riverfin. At that point I really cannot see a use for chaos. Unless we are seeing mobs with 10k deff
[+]
By Fasaga 2014-11-23 12:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps you are un-familiar with the strat but yes, in a lot of content currently you either have 1 Sam soloing the 4/5 step, or 2 SAMs working in tandem to make the sc at higher tp levels.
By Kooljack 2014-11-23 14:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sehachan very nice guide upkeep. very much appreciated.

Does a main hand weapon's, 'magic accuracy skill' affect quickdraw accuracy?

in lightshot/darkshot set you have a dagger for main hand, but would chatoyant staff make for a less accurate QD because of no accuracy skill?

I'm not asking because of mainhand weapon reasons. when i use my alt cor he's completely a /mage corsair entirely. So i have no issue with swapping weapons and having tp loss. just wanting to know if chatoyant staff is subpar to a 119 dagger for quickdraw accuracy
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-23 15:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes melee weapons affect macc for QD and ranged magic ws as well.
 Odin.Shuinam
Server: Odin
user: Tyrael
By Odin.Shuinam 2014-11-24 00:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see a mention of Eosuchus Club, for shooting cors (while you don't get any benefit from shooting or phys ws) that WS with WF/LS and QD, wouldn't this club beat out Vanir knife?

Vanir Knife

DMG:111 Delay:205 Accuracy+13 Evasion+22 Magic Damage+70 Dagger skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Magic damage taken -5%

Eosuchus club

DMG:130 Delay:264 INT+6 MND+6 Magic Accuracy+10 Magic Damage+100 Club skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +215

NOTE: I am not talkign about usign the dagger or the club for melee, strictly main/sub for shooting (probably while DW) for increases to QD and magic based WS dmg.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-24 00:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It goes without saying that better is better.

I think that the thought process is always that dagger > club if you're meleeing though. If you were strictly shooting, yea. But cors like to melee.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-24 06:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps you are un-familiar with the strat but yes, in a lot of content currently you either have 1 Sam soloing the 4/5 step, or 2 SAMs working in tandem to make the sc at higher tp levels.

With a solo SAM, wouldnt you have a high probability of breaking SC due to time, also if you could post a pic of the WS being used and the damage being created that would be helpful.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-24 08:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The club is worthless cause if you're shooting and wanna use a magic buffing weapon, then Atoyac is your choice.
By Fasaga 2014-11-24 10:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

With a solo SAM, wouldnt you have a high probability of breaking SC due to time, also if you could post a pic of the WS being used and the damage being created that would be helpful.

With tsumaru it's easy, even easier with koga. Here's a Sam in my LS.

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »
you SC most the time anyway, if your waiting to SC thats missing out on 3~4 WS which is still more then the SC it would make.

You sure about that?

Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-24 12:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shuinam said: »
I don't see a mention of Eosuchus Club, for shooting cors (while you don't get any benefit from shooting or phys ws) that WS with WF/LS and QD, wouldn't this club beat out Vanir knife?

Vanir Knife

DMG:111 Delay:205 Accuracy+13 Evasion+22 Magic Damage+70 Dagger skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Magic damage taken -5%

Eosuchus club

DMG:130 Delay:264 INT+6 MND+6 Magic Accuracy+10 Magic Damage+100 Club skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +215

NOTE: I am not talkign about usign the dagger or the club for melee, strictly main/sub for shooting (probably while DW) for increases to QD and magic based WS dmg.

If you don't care about racc/snapshot etc, just magical dmg. MAB atoyac beats the club for magical WS, but the club wins for QD.

In the long run MAB atoyac probably wins, unless you only QD but rarely WS.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-24 12:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My atoyac is for other jobs and has different augment (not mab) so for me its either flueret or club for me for offhanding.
Calling the club worthless is a pretty heavy handed dismissal of it when its still useful as Afaina pointed out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-24 17:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping to see the string of WS that make up the 5 step SC and all their damages, but anyways.

My point being, if you are not capped on attack (which I suppose is possible without Chaos, but on 132 Incursion that takes some doing), Allies roll (with hands and ring) will give btw 19%-34% damage to SC only, which boosts samurais 16% base.

So the total damage increase is btw +16% and 29% on SC only.

Since SC is based on the WS itself, anytime you are not capped on attack Chaos is simiply better. Chaos will run btw 27% and 56% and boost the WS itself and consequently the SC damage.

If attack is capped, I would value SAM roll as more important because you can turn a 3 hit+WS into a 2 hit+WS , cutting down the cycle 50% (minus WS delay).
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 156 157 158