users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 324 325 326 ... 446 447 448
By Takisan 2017-01-29 10:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
geigei said: »
I thought only macc and skill affects acc on spells.
That was for physical I believe.
INT has a boost to Macc (Nibiru Clubs v MAB Swords in high end stuff), and both it and MND affect damage under BA (or possibly always? I've never been 100% on when exactly the WSC is applied to magic spells for BLU).

So, Taki, your Jahkri should be better for nukes. (Though Amalric+1 and the inevitable empy+3 will be best.)
But for enfeebles... They're really close to being identical.
Though I think that Jahkri will give you just sliiiiiiiiightly more Macc... it's to the tune of 2~3...
At least it is unless I've gone crazy and INT doesn't give Macc (though I'm confident that it does).

So neither the int or mnd is known to be some value of macc for certain blu spells? Yea I am def not considering herc feet for nuking. Only the spells I listed above.
By tyalangan 2017-02-01 10:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using the BLU spreadsheet and after all the Domain drops I was finally able to compare some items. However, I was hoping someone here could walk me through a couple comparisons:

With CDC you have DEX mod, Crit rate, Crit Damage, and multi-hit. So, without doing a list of the gear could an item with slightly more accuracy and attack beat out additional triple attack because it is gaining accuracy and attack for each multi-hit? When I add attack to the item with more TA it shoots past the item with more acc/atk and less TA. So, I assume by this the spreadsheet is saying attack weighs heavily for multi-attack WSs? It's hard for me to not put in more TA.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-01 10:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Things can beat other things given a sufficient relative quantity of some relevant stat(s) for your given target and buffs, yes.
By tyalangan 2017-02-01 11:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, okay I understand that. Maybe I should have just asked if the spreadsheet was correct (some of the other ones I've used haven't been). I guess before the spreadsheet I had heard add crit rate/crit damage and TA as long as you have the accuracy! Now that the sheet is involved it has opened up so many more variables. I was completely neglecting attack before. Shoot, it seems crit rate is negligible with all the test comparisons I've done. I had even built an entire crit rate set before the sheet and now realize I just threw millions away.

TL;DR Thanks, I'll continue building based off the sheet then.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-01 12:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Capping attack on most melee-friendly content was nigh trivial prior to the cRatio increases and evasion/aoe nerfs. Even now it's quite plausible given the right buffs/debuffs, but you won't always have that. As such, the value of attack varies dramatically depending on the situation.

CDC's baseline crit rate is very high. 5% base, 5% merits, likely 15% from dDEX, 15%+ from the WS itself, ~18%+ in gear (Rosmerta DEX/crit, Begrudging, Herculean Vest or Abnoba Kaftan, etc), you're easily pushing 60% critrate or more. As such, additional gains in critrate are devalued somewhat. On the other hand, this makes critdmg+ a very strong stat for CDC.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-03 07:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok this question keeps bugging me cuz keeps popping up :

During Tizona Aftermath, Can "Double Attack" , "Triple Attack" , "Quad. Attack" from the armor Proc ?

I had several MASTER BLU Tizona 119 Final tell me it can not.
However...........
I been hearing alot of people telling me it Can proc during AM

Confused X.x

I made a method so when I TP-ing and AM is active this is what will Equip instead of my usual TP set

TP Aftermath Tizona:
ItemSet 349293

Rosmerta's Cape augments= DEX+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Store TP+10

(Store TP) (ACC) (ATK) (CRITS) Focused

Also thought about Replacing belt with "Goading Belt" (STP+5 Haste+5 Enmity+3) and head with "Aya. Zucchetto +1" (STP+5 ACC+36 Haste+6%)
What do you guys think ?

Am I doing it wrong ?

What should I using ?

Normal TP Set (For when there is no Aftermath Active):
ItemSet 338919

Herculean Trousers (TA+4% ACC+)
Herculean Gloves (TA+4% ACC+)
Herculean Boots (TA+4% ACC+)

Here is my WS SETs

If you guys can give me some pointers on how to improve all this since I be farming new Herculean Armor for WS SET now it be appreciated, that way I got an idea on what to focus on.

Chant Du Cygne:
ItemSet 338928
Rosmerta's Cape augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Crit.hit rate+10'}

Savage Blade:
ItemSet 338936

Requiestcat:
ItemSet 338929

Expiacion:
ItemSet 338930

1)Can My DA / TA / QA Proc during AM ?

2)Can /WAR Double Attack Proc during AM?

3)What Augments / Armor should I focus on getting for Weapon Skill Sets ?

Thanks in Advance for all the help guys :)
By Blazed1979 2017-02-03 08:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I get better results over a long parse with Epona ring instead of Ramuh/+1. I also think, not certain that Ab.Keftan pulls ahead of Adhemar/+1 body. If not, I'll update my set. It needs some dusting as I've been away for 6 months up until recently.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-03 08:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I get better results over a long parse with Epona ring instead of Ramuh/+1. I also think, not certain that Ab.Keftan pulls ahead of Adhemar/+1 body. If not, I'll update my set. It needs some dusting as I've been away for 6 months up until recently.

God............... Ab.Keftan /drool (Yet to try that NM) so ya that is on list ^^/ but cool :D

What about other question ? About if DA / TA / QA Procs during AM ?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-03 08:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

First things first, we need to clarify the question.

1) If by "Can My DA / TA / QA Proc during AM ?" you mean can these proc while the buff AM3 is active, then yes. They actually have priority over AM3. The order of operations is QA > TA > DA > OAX(AM3)

If you meant can DA/TA/QA trigger on an additional hit that was granted by an AM3 proc, then no. Much like you can't get a DA proc on an additional hit that was granted by a DA/TA/QA proc. In other words, you can't multi-hit proc off a multi-hit proc. (The sole exception being Jailer weps iirc.)

2)Refer to 1.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-03 09:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
First things first, we need to clarify the question.

1) If by "Can My DA / TA / QA Proc during AM ?" you mean can these proc while the buff AM3 is active, then yes. They actually have priority over AM3. The order of operations is QA > TA > DA > OAX(AM3)

If you meant can DA/TA/QA trigger on an additional hit that was granted by an AM3 proc, then no. Much like you can't get a DA proc on an additional hit that was granted by a DA/TA/QA proc. In other words, you can't multi-hit proc off a multi-hit proc. (The sole exception being Jailer weps iirc.)

2)Refer to 1.

OMG :O that is a Game changer >.> (Change of plants now XD)

Btw if so , why ppl say to use Ambuscade mantle with (Store TP+10) ?

That is not something I understand now X.x

Gotta re-do all my sets now while you reply :D

wow........ amazed now on how this will change the plan
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-03 09:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Read this. You will be significantly better informed about multi-hit mechanics afterwards. And you'll probably get why STP > DA with AM3 up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-03 09:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Read this. You will be significantly better informed about multi-hit mechanics afterwards. And you'll probably get why STP > DA with AM3 up.
Ty so much Sir Martel.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2017-02-03 10:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't forget though when DWing multi-hit isn't as detrimental as it is with a 2 hander when AM3 is up. AM3 only applies to your main hand while QA/TA/DA applies to both.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-03 10:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Just don't forget though when DWing multi-hit isn't as detrimental as it is with a 2 hander when AM3 is up. AM3 only applies to your main hand while QA/TA/DA applies to both.
A good point, and one I don't often consider since my Mythics are on DRG and PLD.

But keep in mind, DA+ isn't actually detrimental with AM3 up. it's still a net gain in avg hits/per round. It's just depreciated, while STP is strengthened by the increased number of hits.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-03 10:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

NORMAL TP + Tizz 119:
QA 2
TA 29
DA 14

1 +3*(0.02) + 2*(1-0.02)*0.29 + (1-(0.02+0.29-(0.02*0.29))*0.14 + (1-0.02)*(1-0.29)*(1-0.14)*( 2*(0.4) + 2*(0.2))

Store TP + Tizz 119:
Quad 0
Triple 12
Double 14

(1 + 3*(0) + 2*(1-0)*0.12 + (1-(0+0.12-0*0.12))0.14) + (1-0)*(1-0.12)*(1-0.14)*( 2*(0.4) + 2*(0.2))

Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-03 10:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

so having my Normal TP set would actually Benefit me more than Store TP for AM , correct ?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-03 10:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Those only calculate avg hits per round. They don't factor the benefits of STP. So those won't tell you what's better dps.

We have DPS spreadsheets for a reason. Use them.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-03 11:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Those only calculate avg hits per round. They don't factor the benefits of STP. So those won't tell you what's better dps.

We have DPS spreadsheets for a reason. Use them.
ok , so this is DPS wise, i see.

cool , thanks :) will check that on same web u sent me ^^/
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-03 11:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not talking about the mutli-hit spreadsheet in the thread I linked. That would again, only calculate your attacks per round, and not your DPS.

There should be links to the BLU DPS spreadsheet somewhere in this thread. I'd jsut start going back a page and skimming till you find it.

I believe Nightfyre was maintaining the sheet.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-03 11:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not talking about the mutli-hit spreadsheet in the thread I linked. That would again, only calculate your attacks per round, and not your DPS.

There should be links to the BLU DPS spreadsheet somewhere in this thread. I'd jsut start going back a page and skimming till you find it.

I believe Nightfyre was maintaining the sheet.
oh ok, was about to ask where do i find it XD

Will PM him/her ^^ thanks again for all this (1st time anybody told me about this) I Like it :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-03 11:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a link in the OP.

On a related note, next update will be out later today.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-03 11:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
There's a link in the OP.

On a related note, next update will be out later today.
ty so much :D

/kneel

Also why not put DA+10% instead of STP+10 on mantle for TP set ? (just wondering) if anybody could plz answer me that (Since QA TA DA does proc during AM)
 Odin.Ewellina
Server: Odin
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2017-02-05 07:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

it depends on you. Currently on my blue after WS i need to hit 9 times to get 1000TP. if i was to not use the cape with stp+10 id need 10 hits (about 9.4). this 1 hit difference can be a DPS loss. Think of it this way: that 1 white hit could amount to 1k damage, however i could also WS 1 hit earlyer for 10k+ dmg. over time the difference in that 1 hit is DPS gain.
according to the multihit spreadsheet i have an average of 3.2ish hits per round, that means on average i need 3 rounds of melee attacks to get 1000tp (i dont have a tizona, using almace + sequence).
Here again you could see the potential DPS loss if i was to drop my 9 hit build to 10 hits, on average i would then need 4 attack rounds to get to 1000tp.
So the Cape having 10 STP or 10 DA is down to the rest of your gear as to which you need.
I hope this helps clarify a bit why STP can be so powerful.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-05 13:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ewellina said: »
it depends on you. Currently on my blue after WS i need to hit 9 times to get 1000TP. if i was to not use the cape with stp+10 id need 10 hits (about 9.4). this 1 hit difference can be a DPS loss. Think of it this way: that 1 white hit could amount to 1k damage, however i could also WS 1 hit earlyer for 10k+ dmg. over time the difference in that 1 hit is DPS gain.
according to the multihit spreadsheet i have an average of 3.2ish hits per round, that means on average i need 3 rounds of melee attacks to get 1000tp (i dont have a tizona, using almace + sequence).
Here again you could see the potential DPS loss if i was to drop my 9 hit build to 10 hits, on average i would then need 4 attack rounds to get to 1000tp.
So the Cape having 10 STP or 10 DA is down to the rest of your gear as to which you need.
I hope this helps clarify a bit why STP can be so powerful.
Ty it did :)
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-05 13:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be a good Colada Augment for Sub hand with Tizona 119 ?

Got following 2 Coladas right now:

Colada DMG:+19 DEX+1 ACC+21 ATK+9 Store TP+1

Colada DMG:+18 ACC+22 ATK+25 "Mag. Atk. Bns." +19
By fillerbunny9 2017-02-05 13:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

they're both pretty close; the DEX/Store TP of the first are too small to likely be of any consequence, and the MAB of the 2nd only comes into play if you are nuking while swinging swords around (since Nibiru Clubs are superior for magic damage anyways). Personally, I would use the first, throw stones at the 2nd to get better augments, and then switch at that time.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-05 14:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
they're both pretty close; the DEX/Store TP of the first are too small to likely be of any consequence, and the MAB of the 2nd only comes into play if you are nuking while swinging swords around (since Nibiru Clubs are superior for magic damage anyways). Personally, I would use the first, throw stones at the 2nd to get better augments, and then switch at that time.

Good :D

What am I Looking for ? Stats wise on Sword ?
By fillerbunny9 2017-02-05 14:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

per the first page: "These swords are exceptional. Barring an RMEA, two Coladas with augments of +15-20 DMG, +10-15 DEX, +15-25 ACC/ATK, and +3-4 of either Crit rate, DA, or STP, are the absolute best weapons we can equip right now."

so whatever you can get in highest quantity. I settled on DMG +13, Acc +19, Attack +14, and DA +3, but I was finished with my Almace and building Tizona, so YMMV.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-05 14:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nibura Blade Path A is what you should use till you get a good colada. Its takes pretty decent colada aug to actually beat it in offhand. The DMG stat doesn't nearly matter as much in offhand either.

I actually finished my Almace before ever getting a decent Colada aug,it wasn't from lack of trying, that would beat my N Blade offhand. I still use it(colada) for fights that I mainhand Almace instead though. Why I kept on augging even after finishing Almace too.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-05 15:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Nibura Blade Path A is what you should use till you get a good colada. Its takes pretty decent colada aug to actually beat it in offhand. The DMG stat doesn't nearly matter as much in offhand either.

I actually finished my Almace before ever getting a decent Colada aug,it wasn't from lack of trying, that would beat my N Blade offhand. I still use it(colada) for fights that I mainhand Almace instead though. Why I kept on augging even after finishing Almace too.

(A)
DEX+10
Accuracy+20
Magic Accuracy+15

(B)
STR+10
Attack+20
"Store TP"+3

How come A? (Isn't STR a nice Mod for Expiacion) ?
or is it for TP-ing ?
First Page 2 3 ... 324 325 326 ... 446 447 448