Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 323 324 325 ... 445 446 447
By Selindrile 2017-01-02 09:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just picked up an Ilabrat Ring, I'd use the spreadsheet but it breaks my computer when I try to load it up with OpenOffice, and the new sets aren't out, assuming I'm not attack capped but am acc capped before the switch, anyone know it's uses, right now I'm thinking Tizona AM3 up TP paired with Petrov, and CDC paired with Begrudging Ring, but I'm not sure, you lose a lot of multiattack in both sets by losing Epona's.
By Luthiene 2017-01-02 14:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Im curious to know what spellsets do BLUs use when fighting the dragons at Reisenjima and Escha areas. Ive been spamming Quetzacoatl lately and setting spells for DD with some support.

But I keep finding BLUs in there that are one shotting the pets, not entirely sure with what spells though?

Just wondering the spellsets to optimize both One shotting the pets and DDing Quetz?

Oh, and trusts I use are Apururu, Joachim, Ulmia, Ferrous Coffin and Selhtheus.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-02 14:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I always set white wind for Dragons

Your trust set up for it is kind of meh. Are you solo for this?

I typically will go with Apururu, Nashmeira II, Ulmia, Selhteus, then it comes down to your preference between Ingrid II, Lilisette II, Iroha 2, or Arciela. They all have healing TP moves. Or, if you are solo id suggest summoning a tank so you can DD without being terror'd the whole time. Can just go behind it though and make it spam flail and use white wind.
By Luthiene 2017-01-02 15:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
I always set white wind for Dragons

Your trust set up for it is kind of meh. Are you solo for this?

I typically will go with Apururu, Nashmeira II, Ulmia, Selhteus, then it comes down to your preference between Ingrid II, Lilisette II, Iroha 2, or Arciela. They all have healing TP moves. Or, if you are solo id suggest summoning a tank so you can DD without being terror'd the whole time. Can just go behind it though and make it spam flail and use white wind.

What do you do about the pets?
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-01-02 15:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd seriously suggest using Shikaree Z, she gives Ancient Circle and is /WHM.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-01-02 15:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
Im curious to know what spellsets do BLUs use when fighting the dragons at Reisenjima and Escha areas. Ive been spamming Quetzacoatl lately and setting spells for DD with some support.

But I keep finding BLUs in there that are one shotting the pets, not entirely sure with what spells though?

Just wondering the spellsets to optimize both One shotting the pets and DDing Quetz?

Oh, and trusts I use are Apururu, Joachim, Ulmia, Ferrous Coffin and Selhtheus.

one shotting pets is going to include having a very good MAB set, as well as likely setting strictly for AoE with minimal DD traits (likely similar to the magic set on page 1, set your Dual Wield, Haste, Refresh, AoE spells, and all the MAB traits you can manage). it's not like whacking dragons with capped Haste from Flutter/MG will not build you TP insanely fast anyways. Anvil Lightning or Spectral Floe do a lot of damage for that first cast, and then you can mop up anything that lives with a few quick Subductions. Tenebral Crush offers a Defense Down that will help with your melee-ing the dragon and is a pretty good nuke on its own. also consider that these folks may be swapping in clubs to maximize their casting damage, or using hybrid swords like Vampirism or a Magic augmented Colada.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-02 16:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Spectral floe + tenebral crush. Floe always first for the terror so you don't get crushed by the pets. Depending on your gear you should be able to one shot them
By Blazed1979 2017-01-02 17:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Subduction, entomb, spectral floe, ten crush are all the aoe you will ever need
By Sabishii 2017-01-10 16:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

New clubs that BLU can wear.

Ames - DMG:141 Delay:216 INT+25 MND:+25 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+16 Magic Damage+124 Club skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +215 "Cure" potency +24% "Refresh"+1

Ames +1 - DMG:142 Delay:210 INT+30 MND:+30 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+16 Magic Damage+124 Club skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +215 "Cure" potency +26% "Refresh"+1

Also new ambuscade set with DT on it.

What's better for nuking, the new clubs or the nibiru? Upside, ames/+1 has more INT/MND, also refresh, offside, nibiru has straight up more MAB, and some straight MACC.
By hobo 2017-01-10 16:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well atm nibru is easier to get by a wide margin. For overall stat wise depends on what you are nuking? I would probably just stick with nibru for most stuff, doubt Ames is gonna be sub 5m for a while.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-10 16:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

nibiru is better than the new hq club for nuking

even nq looks like a pretty good offhand if you need to dual wield clubs, though you lose the hp from septoptic+1 (plus it'll cost your first born)
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-01-10 17:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
(plus it'll cost your first born)

Let me know if you ever find someone willing to take a random kid as payment...
 Odin.Ewellina
Server: Odin
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2017-01-12 13:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

can anyone link me an up to date spreadsheet please? thanks in advance.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-12 14:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon™
 Bahamut.Jaegar
Server: Bahamut
user: jaegar
By Bahamut.Jaegar 2017-01-14 13:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some advice please.

Been fighting Vir'ava recently, set up is BLM, SCH, GEO, BLU. We fought this the other night with absolutely no problems. Only had 1 trig so GEO Bolster Indi-Focus, Entrust Languor & Geo-Malaise to boost BLM & SCH.

I as the Blu would stand away from other mages and sleep the adds as they ran over to me with a macro set up to warn me when they're close to waking up. At this point I would entomb for petri and then dreamflower again. Had no problems with this until today where Entomb simply wakes them up and instead of petri, they all just attack immediately with TP moves. Shadows were up, Stoneskin was up and I went down like a sack of potatoes.

2100 BLU
2x Nibiru clubs (Path B, INT & MAB)
Ghastly Tathlum +1
Herc Helm with Macc+25, INT+6 & Mab+26 (realise mab does nothing for petri here, just dmg)
Sanctity Necklace
Friomisi Earring
Novio Earring
Amalric Doublet - Path A (Macc & Mab +15)
Amalric Gages - Path D (Int+10, Macc & Mab +15
Strendu Ring
Acumen Ring
Cornflower Cape (+10 Blu Skill... not sure if that helps)
Salaire Belt
Amalric Slops - Path A (Macc & Mab +15)
Amalric Nails - Path D (Macc & Mab +15)

/SCH, spell list includes Tenebral Crush for Macc Trait III

So not the best gear but not horrible and had no issues before, just suddenly stopped working.

Also had a weird instance where all adds ran over to me, used dreamflower on one of them and it hit only one of them. By this I mean 1 mob got hit by the spells rather than it hit them all and all but 1 resisted, the rest ran over and gave me big tentacle cuddles of death... I don't get how dreamflower aimed in the middle of a huddle of mobs can only hit one of them. Again this was the only instance of it happening. Never seen it do that before.

Any ideas?
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-01-14 13:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I am pretty sure Dreamflower is a radius around the Blu not the mob you cast it on that was probably your problem
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-14 13:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the in-game indicator shows you what the affected area on radials is.
 Bahamut.Jaegar
user: jaegar
By Bahamut.Jaegar 2017-01-14 13:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly... just seems weird since they're all running towards me, I select a random one and start casting when that random chosen one gets into casting range. Even if I got unlucky and selected the one that was closest to me, and that one just happened to be the only one within range out of the whole bunch, they're still coming at me so I would have thought that during the casting time (it wasn't an insta cast) that more of them would have come into range to get hit.

My biggest beef is actually with Entomb failing to land petri. Are they strong vs stone? I'll try casting in macc mode next time. I just can't get my head round why its suddenly an issue when its never been one before.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-21 17:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The page on BGWiki for Counter is kind of odd as far as BLU is concerned. Do we get Counter II/III with our Job Points when setting 1 tier of Counter? Or do we still have to set everything to get 12%?

I'm bored and was looking into making a Counter Attack set for lulz on BLU.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-21 17:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jaegar said: »
My biggest beef is actually with Entomb failing to land petri. Are they strong vs stone? I'll try casting in macc mode next time. I just can't get my head round why its suddenly an issue when its never been one before.

Might be, 'cause they're plants and those tend to be earth-based. As for suddenly honkin it, you might've have the Fortitude zone buff up before and didn't later.
By Hagenige 2017-01-21 18:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There may be a typo, but at least one of your spell sets has slightly incorrect information.

Higher Tier DD Spec
Point Requirement: 70 (and 100JP Gift)

Quad. Continuum
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge
Glutinous Dart
Sinker Drill
Sweeping Gouge
Paralyzing Triad

Nat. Meditation
Erratic Flutter
Barrier Tusk/Magic Fruit/Occultation/Saline Coat/Battery Charge/Magic Barrier/Dream Flower

Diffusion Ray
Molting Plumage
Blazing Bound
Fantod

Even without any of the Barrier Tusk/Magic Fruit/Occultation/Saline Coat/Battery Charge/Magic Barrier/Dream Flower added in, this actually costs 72 points instead of 70. Great guide tho. Thanks for the information.
[+]
 Cerberus.Clackk
Server: Cerberus
user: cocl
By Cerberus.Clackk 2017-01-24 05:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Ilbrat ring worth using over begrudging/epona's ring for CDC when you aren't attack capped?
By Boshi 2017-01-24 11:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's gonna depend n your total fear.
If you're using tizona probably yes.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2017-01-25 00:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jaegar said: »
Need some advice please.

Been fighting Vir'ava recently, set up is BLM, SCH, GEO, BLU. We fought this the other night with absolutely no problems. Only had 1 trig so GEO Bolster Indi-Focus, Entrust Languor & Geo-Malaise to boost BLM & SCH.

If you can get the full blu abuscade Jhakri+1 set - it has great m.acc and m.att and INT while giving up m.eva & def. It is perfect for nukes were you want to ensure the added effect lands and you are not in a geo bubble (even if you are).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-27 14:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Very Soon™

edit: Before I forget: I need special stat (DA/STP/etc) caps for Colada, as I've long since forgotten them and the weapon augments section on BGwiki is a mess. Any compiled info on caps for DM weapon augments is also appreciated.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-27 14:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

DA+3
By Takisan 2017-01-29 04:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Question:
So I am trying to decide Jhakri pigaches +1 vs a pair of herc feet with macc 39 & mab 17 for a macc piece but am not sure how to evaluate the benefit of int 30 and mind 10 on macc from Jhakri.

Notable spells this will be used for from the lua itself are: Yawn, Sporific, Dream Flower, Sheep song, Geist Wall, Blank Gaze, Chaotic Eye, MP Drainkiss, I guess.

Do ppl think the int and mnd out weighs the 13 macc for these spells?

Herc feet_______________Jhakri Pigaches +1
Macc 39 + 10 = 49_______Macc = 36
Acc = 10________________ Acc = 36
Int =0___________________Int = 30
Mnd = 11_________________Mnd = 21

Thank you.
Edit: Cant use the word A$$E$$ without it being turning into ***. Kind of annoying -,-
By geigei 2017-01-29 04:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought only macc and skill affects acc on spells.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-01-29 06:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I thought only macc and skill affects acc on spells.
That was for physical I believe.
INT has a boost to Macc (Nibiru Clubs v MAB Swords in high end stuff), and both it and MND affect damage under BA (or possibly always? I've never been 100% on when exactly the WSC is applied to magic spells for BLU).

So, Taki, your Jahkri should be better for nukes. (Though Amalric+1 and the inevitable empy+3 will be best.)
But for enfeebles... They're really close to being identical.
Though I think that Jahkri will give you just sliiiiiiiiightly more Macc... it's to the tune of 2~3...
At least it is unless I've gone crazy and INT doesn't give Macc (though I'm confident that it does).
First Page 2 3 ... 323 324 325 ... 445 446 447