The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 445 446 447
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-24 17:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For melee zergs, we've been using Miser's/Samurai/Fighter's/Rogue's. I'm sure that would affect the outcome somewhat. If you need accuracy with Almace, you can use Colada (can get 50+ accuracy on them.) It's not hard to get crooked rolls if you abuse super revits.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-24 20:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some spreadsheeting of my own and basically got the same results, even rolling with the buffs we have for our zergs. The initial assumptions I made (faster TP and more white damage) were both true. The WS difference was too high for single wielding to win overall although I only looked at Almace/CDC. Tizona/Expiacion and Sequence/Savage Blade may yield different results because the WS damage is weighted less towards the offhand hit in those cases. Also this hinges on our assumption that for 1 handed weapons, 1 hand = 1 chance at a DA/TA on WS. I've never seen data on this, and to be honest our data on multi attacks for 2 handed WS (and on WS overall, really) is quite lacking.
By LARIMON 2016-10-26 08:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i am not sure how to use commands for bluguide it wont pop up now, can you help me. I used it once it randomly poped up and i agree it is amazing. thank you
 Asura.Setho
Server: Asura
user: Setho
By Asura.Setho 2016-10-26 10:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Try this:

//lua load bluguide
//lua unload bluguide
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-10-26 23:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick blu lua question.

I want to add Grapevine Cape and Gishdubar sash into midcast for Battery Charge only.

So how do I do that?

On BLM lua, since it's one word.. just sets.midcast.Refresh.. but since it's 2 words with a space, it's more difficult. How do I label the set?

Halp.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-10-27 00:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

sets.midcast['Battery Charge'] = {}
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-10-27 00:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
Quick blu lua question.

I want to add Grapevine Cape and Gishdubar sash into midcast for Battery Charge only.

So how do I do that?

On BLM lua, since it's one word.. just sets.midcast.Refresh.. but since it's 2 words with a space, it's more difficult. How do I label the set?

Halp.

sets.Midcast["Battery Charge"] = set_combine(sets.PDT, {back="Grapvine Cape",waist="Gishdubar Sash"}
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-10-27 17:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »
Quick blu lua question.

So how do I do that?

Halp.

sets.Midcast["Battery Charge"] = set_combine(sets.PDT, {back="Grapvine Cape",waist="Gishdubar Sash"}

Thanks again, guys, this is what I had set.. but it's weird.. on BLM my timer reflects it. On Battery Charge, the extra duration works, but the timer still says 5 mins. The actual effect is lasting 5:50.
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-10-27 17:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can some point out where they post gear set for MG for 5mins and cure set? Thank you
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-10-27 17:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

CHENGMIKEY said: »
Can some point out where they post gear set for MG for 5mins and cure set? Thank you
sets.Midcast["Mighty Guard"] = set_combine(sets.PDT, {feet="Relicfeethere"}

Mirage Charuqs +2 (Augment needed)
Luhlaza Charuqs/+1

Cure set I use isn't optimized in any way, I don't have the inventory room for that unfortunately, but I use this:

sets.Midcast.Cure = set_combine(sets.PDT, {
neck="Incanter's Torque",
ear1="Mendicant's Earring",
ear2="Ethereal Earring",
body="Vrikodara Jupon",
hands="Telchine Gloves",
back="Solemnity Cape",
legs="Gyve Trousers",
feet="Medium's Sabots"})
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-10-27 18:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. Ice
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-10-27 18:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 347399
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-27 20:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »
Quick blu lua question.

So how do I do that?

Halp.

Thanks again, guys, this is what I had set.. but it's weird.. on BLM my timer reflects it. On Battery Charge, the extra duration works, but the timer still says 5 mins. The actual effect is lasting 5:50.
If your using a custom timer then you have to manually adjust the time. If your using the default timer it probably doesn't look for this gear to be on when casting and someone needs to inform the windower devs about it.

I know when new gear came out in the past they were slow to add it into timers unless someone let them know. No one ever probably said something about grapevine working to them years ago either.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-11-01 01:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I did some spreadsheeting of my own and basically got the same results, even rolling with the buffs we have for our zergs. The initial assumptions I made (faster TP and more white damage) were both true. The WS difference was too high for single wielding to win overall although I only looked at Almace/CDC. Tizona/Expiacion and Sequence/Savage Blade may yield different results because the WS damage is weighted less towards the offhand hit in those cases. Also this hinges on our assumption that for 1 handed weapons, 1 hand = 1 chance at a DA/TA on WS. I've never seen data on this, and to be honest our data on multi attacks for 2 handed WS (and on WS overall, really) is quite lacking.

I did some messing around with Tizona and Sequence single handed only. With insane zerg level buffs (Crystal Blessing, 4x crooked corsair rolls, haste samba, floored attack/accuracy) single handed Tizona + Expiacion comes out on top over Almace/Sequence + CDC and Sequence + Savage Blade is very close. If you have Warcry, then Tizona pulls ahead even more (11~12% marginal gain) and Sequence is about tied with Almace/Sequence (lol).
[+]
By tyalangan 2016-11-03 00:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Does BLU skill, INT, or MACC increase Subduction duration? When I cast it in Ambu it wears off before we kill on VD. What should I prioritize over MAB (which is what I currently have it geared towards)?
By oldman 2016-11-03 00:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Does BLU skill, INT, or MACC increase Subduction duration? When I cast it in Ambu it wears off before we kill on VD. What should I prioritize over MAB (which is what I currently have it geared towards)?

MACC for effect duration. MAB is for damage and doesn't do anything for added effects.
[+]
By tyalangan 2016-11-03 01:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

oldman said: »

MACC for effect duration. MAB is for damage and doesn't do anything for added effects.

Okay, wasn't sure if BLU skill was more potent than MACC. I just tested in Marjami on toads and it's lasting 60-70 seconds. Is this low? One BLU in my party said he can make it last 3minutes!
By oldman 2016-11-03 05:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, wasn't sure if BLU skill was more potent than MACC. I just tested in Marjami on toads and it's lasting 60-70 seconds. Is this low? One BLU in my party said he can make it last 3minutes!

I should clarify. Your overall MACC is going to determine the duration you get. I was just pointing out that MATT would do nothing for you in that regards. I'm not sure how skill or int compare to raw MACC. I think I didn't read your original post carefully enough.

Are you subbing BLM? From what I understand people are using elemental seal with subduction. It gives something crazy like +250 macc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-11-03 10:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way to get the 3 min duration is to use Elemental Seal. So you will need to sub BLM.
[+]
By tyalangan 2016-11-03 11:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way to get the 3 min duration is to use Elemental Seal. So you will need to sub BLM.

Okay, well I am using ES in Ambuscade didn't outside which I should have tested. So, it could have just been our totalDD output was slow. Makes me feel a little better.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-03 11:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Half-duration resists on VD aren't uncommon even with Elemental Seal- so you need to either have a second BLU/BLM or kill it faster (within about 1 minute)
[+]
 Cerberus.Lemuel
Server: Cerberus
user: tyalangan
By Cerberus.Lemuel 2016-11-03 11:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, Kyte. That's reassuring.

Another question that relates to soloing. Since TA takes 12 set points and only gives 5% are any of you with great TA gear doing without TA trait in order to have more versatility and utility in your spells? (i.e. barrier,cocoon,tusk,magic fruit,WoP,etc.) I know it depends on the fight but with Max STP, TA, Crit, ACC, SC bonus, and DW I find myself with only room for Occ and barrier tusk and would like more options.

Would the 12 set point trait be the first to take or just lower it to DA trait and use the set points left for another utility spell?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-03 11:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're setting STP V, then that's where you should be dropping points from first if you require more utility. If you still need more for whatever reason, then removing TA is an option. If you're /WAR, you can just remove all of those spells for the full 12-13 points.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-03 11:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of different sacrifices you can make for more utility spells. If I know without a doubt that I'll be at haste cap without Flutter, I often drop that. If you're not in severe accuracy situations, you can drop Anvil Lightning for 8 extra points. Kyte is absolutely correct in opting for dropping one tier of STP. Sickle Slash and Tail Slap take up 8 set points for only 5 points of STP. Dropping those two offers one of the most practical DPS:utility swaps we have.

Personally, I would never drop TA. It does cost a minimum of 12 points, but it is still one of our best DPS traits. However, if you are in desperate need for utility, it might be worthwhile.
[+]
By tyalangan 2016-11-03 12:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both for the insight. Seems there are a few options for me!
By crimsondragon 2016-11-04 23:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
honestly have yet to encounter a situation where the difference between 12% and 18% movement speed was groundbreaking

We must play different games.
By Calinari 2016-11-05 00:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

crimsondragon said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
honestly have yet to encounter a situation where the difference between 12% and 18% movement speed was groundbreaking

We must play different games.

I run at 21% regardless of gear. /2cents.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-11-07 00:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

is azuresets still fully functional?

does it support job points (blue magic point bonus)?

i am no longer getting the countdown timer that tell you when you spell can be used again after the new set has completed setting.

edit.
also some of the newer spells not set? maybe under certain conditions.
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-11-07 05:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
is azuresets still fully functional?

does it support job points (blue magic point bonus)?

i am no longer getting the countdown timer that tell you when you spell can be used again after the new set has completed setting.

edit.
also some of the newer spells not set? maybe under certain conditions.

It is functional, yes. However, occasionally when I try to equip a spell set, it stops half way through (around 46/80). It usually happens with only my cleaving set. Some days it works 100% without issues, other times not so much.
First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 445 446 447