The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 190 191 192 ... 446 447 448

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By waffle 2015-08-18 15:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

I wouldn't.

Can't carry all the things I want to in the first place. None of us should be able to. Having an MDT earring with 1% less FC than Loquacious is a spot saved.

You can use Loq if you want to, but his suggestion came from the lack of importance of 1% FC compared to 1 inventory spot.

Alright, that's what I was missing, the MDT on etoliation. Thank you. On that note, is there any reason to keep enif pants over psycloth in a precast set other than the 1% extra fc?

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-18 16:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »
So I guess fenrir rings +1 aren't better than shiva rings +1 for nukes?

Shiva +1 is best. In fact, even Acumen is slightly better than Fenrir+1 from a pure damage perspective.

Though Fenrir+1 does have that extra Macc+3, which can be helpful while still having solid MAB.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-08-19 16:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Sabishii said: »
So I guess fenrir rings +1 aren't better than shiva rings +1 for nukes?

Shiva +1 is best. In fact, even Acumen is slightly better than Fenrir+1 from a pure damage perspective.

Though Fenrir+1 does have that extra Macc+3, which can be helpful while still having solid MAB.

I'm now down 19m from buying two shiva rings +1 lol but thanks for the insight.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-08-20 15:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Strictly for meleeing down Lv.120ish trash mobs for job points...

Currently I'm looking at a way to maximize raw damage, without the 1200 JP Bonus (I do have the 100 point bonus).

I have set the following spells:

Quad. Continuum
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sinker Drill
Sudden Lunge
Paralyzing Triad
Fantod
Blazing Bound
Nat. Meditation
Diffusion Ray
Molting Plumage
Battery Charge
Erratic Flutter

Traits:
Triple Attack
Dual Wield IV
Crit. Bonus II
Store TP III
Skillchain Bonus II
Accuracy Bonus II
Fast Cast II

Which has me at 67/75 job points. 58/75 if I drop Erratic Flutter and Battery Charge.

Few things:

- I typically use two healer trusts (Kupipi and Apururu), two bard trusts (Joachim and Ulmia), and Kupofried. I don't have Qultada unfortunately.

- With the trusts I have, I don't think Magic Fruit is necessary for what I'm fighting because the healers never run out of MP anyway thanks to their MP recovery WS and Apururu using Devotion.

- Considering dropping Erratic Flutter, since the bards keep me double marched and the mages keep haste up on me.

- Not especially concerned with Cocoon, because Trusts and weak mobs.

- Pretty much, I curb stomp the ~120ish mobs, and occasionally get to self-SC with CDC > CDC. The only time I really cast a spell is to drop a Sinker Drill to finish off a low health mob I don't want to waste TP on. Not sure if Fast Cast from Erratic Flutter is worth it for that purpose, but it's why I kept Battery Charge handy.

- Tenebral Crush, while a great spell, doesn't seem useful to me in this instance, since it has a high MP cost, semi-long casting time, and the mobs die so quickly anyway.

- I suppose I could even drop Battery Charge for this specific set, and have 16 spell points free.

The question I have is, what would be the best use of the remaining 8~17 points, if I have no curing/defensive worries whatsoever?

I see Store TP IV (Tail Slap + Sickle Slash) for 8 points as an option, or one or both of Anvil Lightning / Searing Tempest for stat boosts and Acc/Attack Bonuses.

Another SC Bonus level is also possible for 7 points, but probably overkill.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-21 03:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I'm not a fan of Tail Slap/Sickle Slash. I love STP, but 8 points for spells with minimal stat boosts just rubs me the wrong way. But if you have absolutely no need for utility spells at all, then it's an alright choice. Basically, if you have no defensive worries, take every single offensive trait you can possibly shove into your spellset. And if you run out of those, stack the crap out of STR/DEX spells (Dart comes to mind).
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-08-21 04:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Personally, I'm not a fan of Tail Slap/Sickle Slash. I love STP, but 8 points for spells with minimal stat boosts just rubs me the wrong way. But if you have absolutely no need for utility spells at all, then it's an alright choice. Basically, if you have no defensive worries, take every single offensive trait you can possibly shove into your spellset. And if you run out of those, stack the crap out of STR/DEX spells (Dart comes to mind).

FWIW, going with: Sickle Slash, Tail Slap, Quad. Continuum, Empty Thrash, Delta Thrust, Heavy Strike, Sudden Lunge, Barbed Crescent, Paralyzing Triad, Thrashing Assault, Sinker Drill, Blazing Bound, Fantod, Nat. Meditation, Molting Plumage, Anvil Lightning, Diffusion Ray, Cocoon takes up 75/75...

Grants the following traits with 100 JP Bonus:

Triple Attack
Dual Wield IV
Critical Bonus II
Store TP IV
Skillchain Bonus II
Accuracy Bonus III

Went from being able to self-SC "sometimes" to "most of the time". I'm only really advocating this for fodder/JP farming though, as utility spells would undoubtedly be better against NMs / party situation.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-21 12:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty hard to really optimize your spell set for CPing, you don't exactly need accuracy bonuses, gouge isn't useful, Erratic/Battery aren't really useful, Skillchain bonus isn't useful.

I would definitely set Sickle Slash and Tail Slap. If you still have room you may even want to look into more Attack Bonus or something silly like Counter. Or you could just do what Oraen said and set pure stats.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-23 06:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Was looking at BLU Physical set II on the OP with 5/5 Despair armor and it says to augment with Path A. But when I checked BGWiki, it said Path A had Cure Potency Received and VIT+10? Is there something new I'm missing?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-23 07:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, nothing you're missing aside from me being dumb and putting down the wrong path. B is the one I meant, as that's 12STR 7 VIT. Fixed.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-23 07:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Nope, nothing you're missing aside from me being dumb and putting down the wrong path. B is the one I meant, as that's 12STR 7 VIT. Fixed.

Ahhhh, thanks. Being half awake in the middle of the night had me supremely confused and considering the "out-of-boxness" that might have been that Path A xD

EDIT: Keep up the good work =D
By Boshi 2015-08-26 00:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

on OP requiscat set can replace aqua satchet with hydrocera for 1MND gain. Same for cure sets I guess.

Also for Despair talk above: Path B for all except head path D (str15)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-26 01:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, didn't notice that. Added.

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2015-08-26 12:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

made this very quickly so invite any corrections:

Savage Blade Top Tier
ItemSet 337361

Savage Blade High Tier
ItemSet 337362
Lupine Cape remains a good option too with STR/acc

Expiacion
ItemSet 337363
I gotta recheck the adhemar/taming/carmine augs carefully here. There's a change the carmine str/int path might win out.

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2015-08-26 12:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Specialty sets really. I have Murgleis on RDM so I ended up making the Despair set anyways because the difference between RDM Top/High Tier for that (despair vs Taeon) is much larger than for real DD jobs. (Death Blossom probs)

Caro Necklace is a good piece to carry around anyway

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-08-26 18:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried asking this in random question thread will try here.

With items like Mavi Basmak +2 and Hashishin Basmak,+2 do these need to be worn during the spell or only during job ability activation?
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-08-26 18:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

One more question I have for blu if you don't mind. Reading on traits about MATB..
Quote:
Magic Attack Bonus – [Increases magic attack. I: +20, II: +24, III: +28, IV: +32, V: +36, VI: +40][Cursed Sphere (4), Sound Blast (4), Eyes On Me (4), Memento Mori (4), Heat Breath (4), Reactor Cool (4), Magic Hammer (4), Dream Flower (4), Subduction (8), Spectral Floe (8)]

Does this mean if I have the 100 jobpoint gift to get Tier VI I only need 39 of the points from spells that give the MATB trait?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-26 18:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The CA/BA enhancement items need to be worn during the spell's completion.

In regards to traits, 8 points of a trait give you 1 tier of said trait (things are weird for Fast Cast, so we'll ignore that). The JTB gifts simply take whatever tier you've given yourself and take it up 1 level per JTB gift. For example, if you've only set MAB I, you'll get MAB III with 1200 JPs.

The values listed in the section you cited is how much each spell is worth in terms of job trait points (8 points= 1 tier). If it's easier for you, you can also consider the JTB gifts as +8 job trait points each for whatever traits you've set.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-26 18:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We do get MAB VI.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-08-26 19:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The CA/BA enhancement items need to be worn during the spell's completion.

In regards to traits, 8 points of a trait give you 1 tier of said trait (things are weird for Fast Cast, so we'll ignore that). The JTB gifts simply take whatever tier you've given yourself and take it up 1 level per JTB gift. For example, if you've only set MAB I, you'll get MAB III with 1200 JPs.

The values listed in the section you cited is how much each spell is worth in terms of job trait points (8 points= 1 tier). If it's easier for you, you can also consider the JTB gifts as +8 job trait points each for whatever traits you've set.

Awesome thank you I think I understand now. So since I have the first jobpoint trait gift I can get MATB VI with all of those spells minus say subduction.
First Page 2 3 ... 190 191 192 ... 446 447 448