The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 191 192 193 ... 445 446 447
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-08-26 21:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless something broke again, it should cap at MAB IV without gifts, V with 100jp, VI with 1200jp.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-08-27 20:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

what pieces of the af/relic/emp set is worth upgrading to 119?
 Bahamut.Enkidou
Server: Bahamut
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2015-08-28 10:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Small fix. In the comment section of the highest tier "Zahak Reborn" spellset you mention having "an excellent defense down with Tenebral Crush" but forgot to include it in the set.
By Boshi 2015-08-28 11:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »

Starting out i would suggest

Af hands (learning spells only) > body > head > feet
Relic feet > Body

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-28 14:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »

All of em since each buffs a specific JA you will prolly use. And you want to stay swapped in 119 gear and not decrease to 109 and get smacked in the face while doing so. Imo.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-28 18:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

A little confused about the cure sets listed in OP. You can cap potency in 4 pieces:

Vrikodara Jupon (13%)
Telchine Gloves (10% base + 8% aug)
Telchine Braconi (8% aug)
Medium's Sabots (7% base + 5% aug)
---
TOTAL: 51% Cure potency (straight potency, not pot. received).

Post mentions augmenting Telchine with Cure Potency Received (up to 7% from LeafSLIT, but Leafdim gives up to 8% straight cure potency). Can still add MND from Dusk slot. True, you could use Leaf augments for something else entirely like CCT-, FC, or interrupt rate - but it wasn't clear that's what those sets were doing.

Stack whatever you like in other slots for your cures: MND, quick cast, FC, Conserve MP, whatever.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-28 18:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You could, but then you'd either be carrying around additional Telchine pieces for self cures or you'd just have weaker self cures.

That said, unless you use Waltz a lot for whatever reason, I would use Kunaji Ring over Asklepian Ring. This affords greater latitude on the Telchine augments.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-28 18:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggested the sets I did because they fill the needs of both self cures and cures for others. By getting cure pot received instead of cure potency on the two Telchine, you're just saving some inventory space from making Conserve MP pieces for cures on others.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-28 18:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
You could, but then you'd either be carrying around additional Telchine pieces for self cures or you'd just have weaker self cures.

That said, unless you use Waltz a lot for whatever reason, I would use Kunaji Ring over Asklepian Ring. This affords greater latitude on the Telchine augments.

Now that's a good point, I'll swap the two and make a note for Asklepian being an option for if you consistently /DNC.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-29 04:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh... I think the issue is I'm a terrible healer and didn't remember that cure pot received has a separate 30% cap from the normal 50% potency. Duh. I'm gonna go back to hitting things with swords and letting others heal me now!
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-31 14:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have the Magic Spell damage formulas? Here's what I've found, but can't seem to get all the details to fill them all out:

BG Wiki: Damage=[([D + ST]*Multiplier)*Convergence Bonus)+ INT bonus]*Magic Attack

Assuming any Magic Damage is added before MAB.

Elemental magic has a base damage amount I was able to find, but wasn't sure if there was such a think for BLU spells.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-01 21:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have access to an Adhemar Body, is it worth using something like Suppa to gain the 2% DW you need with Taeon Boots? Are there other options for DW that are better.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-09-01 21:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As of right now, I go with Taeon tights with +4, Shetal stone, taeon boots, heartseeker/dudgeon combo to cap delay with just EF
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-09-02 10:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the Refresh duration on Gishdubar Sash works on Battery Charge?
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-09-02 10:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It does.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-09-02 11:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
If you don't have access to an Adhemar Body, is it worth using something like Suppa to gain the 2% DW you need with Taeon Boots? Are there other options for DW that are better.

Samnuha Coat can get up to DW+5 if that helps.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-02 11:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Eabani Earring is another option.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-02 12:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Going over delay reduction will hurt you more significantly than being under, so I'd suggest leaving yourself at 2% under the cap instead.

On another note, apologies for the exceptionally slow updates to the guide. With the semester starting back up, internships, work, and my computer dying, I haven't given myself the time to sit down and really work on it. So, instead of big, encompassing updates that I think about and don't do because I don't think I have the time, I'll be doing smaller updates each day to make the task less daunting. Same amount of content, just a different approach.

Current priority list includes:
Tizona AM3 sets
BLU's role in endgame content
Savage/Vorpal/Expiacion sets
DT accuracy options
Scenario reward discussion
Club builds (you guys and your damn clubs)

If anybody can think of other stuff they'd enjoy seeing added to the guide, please make sure to let me know.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-09-02 13:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Going over delay reduction will hurt you more significantly than being under, so I'd suggest leaving yourself at 2% under the cap instead.

On another note, apologies for the exceptionally slow updates to the guide. With the semester starting back up, internships, work, and my computer dying, I haven't given myself the time to sit down and really work on it. So, instead of big, encompassing updates that I think about and don't do because I don't think I have the time, I'll be doing smaller updates each day to make the task less daunting. Same amount of content, just a different approach.

Tizona AM3 sets
DT accuracy options

If anybody can think of other stuff they'd enjoy seeing added to the guide, please make sure to let me know.

A lot of this is based on the spreadsheet results, which you mention in the guide but don't link to anywhere.

I think keeping the spreadsheet updated and linked to is very important for encouraging discussion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-09-02 14:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »

Tizona AM3 sets
DT accuracy options

A lot of this is based on the spreadsheet results, which you mention in the guide but don't link to anywhere.

I think keeping the spreadsheet updated and linked to is very important for encouraging discussion.

Are you volunteering to update the spreadsheets for public consumption? =D
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-09-02 17:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehh, it's just so damn useful a tool. I feel kind of naked without a current one.

I wouldn't want to be the one responsible in case I stopped playing for 8 months again.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-09-02 17:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Ehh, it's just so damn useful a tool. I feel kind of naked without a current one.

I wouldn't want to be the one responsible in case I stopped playing for 8 months again.

Open source it.

We pass off these things to people, but it be easier if we just let the community take care of the community.

I would second the idea of this. Or maybe a basic, visual guide on how to update the spreadsheets available for the spreadsheet-challenged =D
By Takisan 2015-09-03 00:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I am very interested to see the new Tizona AM3 sets. I also had a question to anyone who is running spreadsheets on delay.

Do you really need set a lot of DW if you have Haste II and 1 haste song?
Like the Zahak Reborn set has DW4 but if your using brd trusts do you really need to set that DW4?

When I go out to do unity fights, difficult battle fights, or w/e I just /nin and use DW3 + taeon boots with innate 4%. This is also with AM3 up and haste II. I set STP4, triple attack, crit hit bonus III.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-03 01:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You generally want DW4 even with human players giving you a march. However, you could also compensate with gear instead. Setting DW4 really is quite easy with the 1200 gift, though, so you better make sure that whatever else you're spending those 10 points on is worth it.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 191 192 193 ... 445 446 447