Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2014-10-07 21:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Subduction and quite possibly Blue Magic as a whole was ninja-nerfed it seems. Hopefully just the magic type and not Whirl of Rage though.

AoE Blue Magic now gets damage reduction based on the number of targets it hits similar to Black Magic. :(

On a side note, I didn't really test it all that much, but appears to change damage based on targets. Same gearset used.
Really hope that isnt true, able to test and confirm that?

Yeah, I'll try it out again in Salvage in a bit with other nukes. I'll try using Whirl too to see if it affects physical as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2014-10-07 21:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
I really hope they didnt mess with that.

On a side note, would Mekosuchinae harness be worth using over Luhlaza jubbah +1 in ACC set?

reason I ask is if the sphere effect would be worth the ATT loss

I use in party situations, but Relic+1 is like objectively better for that. Meko seems to be pushed out to an idle piece and maybe macc piece for like Sudden Lunge on BLU.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2014-10-07 22:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So far seems like some kind of fluke or something in Einherjar. All single gears no matter how many I have on me is 2115 damage.
 Carbuncle.Marshy
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Marshy 2014-10-07 22:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm personally just did a run of Arrapago Remnants 2 and did not notice a blm aga like dmg reduction across multiple mobs. I did however notice a slight boost in my subduction's damage maybe it was just I have done salvage too many times and stopped caring once my damage reached 1/4 of the mobs hp per cast. also the 3105 or so was a windsday boost with no furin obi as I did not want it to affect testing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-07 22:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

slight boost would be from WSC, which doesn't seem very high. the thing with the lower damage could be day procs or something, soulflayers are pretty magic resistant to begin with so may be a resist.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2014-10-07 22:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Marshy said: »
hmmm personally just did a run of Arrapago Remnants 2 and did not notice a blm aga like dmg reduction across multiple mobs. I did however notice a slight boost in my subduction's damage maybe it was just I have done salvage too many times and stopped caring once my damage reached 1/4 of the mobs hp per cast. also the 3105 or so was a windsday boost with no furin obi as I did not want it to affect testing.

Yeah, I must have just changed out of my nuke gear into something else in Einherjar or something. Pretty much everything in this Salvage run is taking the same regardless of the number of enemies.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-10-07 23:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anybody mind posting a solid subduction set? I barely hit 1.9k on gears, and that's with Tamaxchi and Eosuchus.
 Carbuncle.Marshy
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Marshy 2014-10-07 23:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Proth's magic spells first page post has what I use mostly except I dont have have the rings and Yamabuki-no-obi beats penitents rope but I think Aswang Sash is almost as good but alot easier to get. also I would personally use eminents + homestead if you dont have access to Bolelabunga/Gabaxorea/Neshuhtan
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-10-07 23:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely forgot about the MAB augments on Hagondes. I only have two pieces with 20, my mistake. Need to work on that some more, the rest is basically what I have. I'll pick up that Aswang sash next time I see it. Thanks
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2014-10-08 16:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I had another question about Subduction and the previous discussions about Elemental MATK sometimes being different from MAB.

Would Kaikias be preferred over BLU JSE Back if it acts like Affinity instead of MAB? I mean, if it doesn't act that way then obviously Cornflower's better.
Kaikias' cape
cornflower cape
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-08 16:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Yeah, I had another question about Subduction and the previous discussions about Elemental MATK sometimes being different from MAB.

Would Kaikias be preferred over BLU JSE Back if it acts like Affinity instead of MAB? I mean, if it doesn't act that way then obviously Cornflower's better.
Kaikias' cape
cornflower cape

If it works as a 6% increases for all you MAB, then it is hands down BiS, and it should however would need some testing to confirm.

I'll have a look in a minute as I have one
By Selindrile 2014-10-09 12:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to hear about your retirement Prothescar, you're one of the 3 people that really inspired me in the FFXI world, and that's 2 out of 3 gone now.

Good luck in whatever you tackle from here on out, the people of Vana'diel are worse off without your guidance.
 Asura.Velata
Server: Asura
user: Viertel
By Asura.Velata 2014-10-09 14:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, echoing Marshy. I've only noticed a slight buff due to the added WSC on Subduction no matter how many mobs I hit it doesn't change (usually just do Bhaflau II due to no wait to get in and it's easy as hell as BLU).

Also leveled another mule on my 2nd account during Gain EXP in Cirdas Caverns and no matter how many packs I'd pull the damage was consistent (since I usually do a few rooms at a time anyway) and slightly higher than normal due to the aforementioned WSC additions.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-10-10 13:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the best "Sudden Lunge" build if I want the effect to proc more? Also does the mod AGI affect stun rate in anyway?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-10 14:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Worldslost said: »
What would be the best "Sudden Lunge" build if I want the effect to proc more? Also does the mod AGI affect stun rate in anyway?

As far as I've seen, the only things that effect the accuracy of added effects are BLU skill and magic accuracy. I use a hybrid acc/macc build for SL, basically the set in the OP.

ItemSet 316733
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-13 10:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

How good is that Club from Alluvion Skirmish in the offhand?

It comes with 187DMG, +27acc and can augment it with like 10Acc and some DA too.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-13 21:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

mdt
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-13 21:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, you can get away with a lot less, but SL is used strictly for its added effect, and if whatever you're stunning is worth a stun, you want it to stick. I'll look at other gear when I get home and edit if I see anything worth noting.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2014-10-13 21:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Honestly, you can get away with a lot less, but SL is used strictly for its added effect, and if whatever you're stunning is worth a stun, you want it to stick. I'll look at other gear when I get home and edit if I see anything worth noting.

My problem with that set is that I have a similar set, and it misses more than I'd like it to. You OD on magical accuracy, but it doesn't have an ounce of physical ACC so the spell can miss making it useless as well as if it was resisted.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-13 22:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It does suck that spell added effects require both a physical acc check and a magical acc check. There isn't much gear that really gives you both to any good level. I tend to stick toward the side of macc. You can usually rely on a few buffs or food for some physical acc. But you aren't likely to get many buffs for macc especially if you're in a dd party.

Also, macc weighs more heavily to me as the more you use the spell the more you need macc to prevent resists especially as you hit that wall and that wall can come very fast for blu magic. Physical acc does not have that downside and you can generally estimate your needed acc based on your main hand acc vs whatever mob you are going up against and adjust from there. Macc tends to be a bit more occluded and often you don't really know just how bad your macc is.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-13 22:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

My problem with that set is that I have a similar set, and it misses more than I'd like it to. You OD on magical accuracy, but it doesn't have an ounce of physical ACC so the spell can miss making it useless as well as if it was resisted.

You have a maximum physical accuracy of 95%, so you will miss 1 out of 20 times mathematically. I find anytime I lack physical accuracy enough to use a more physical set, I'm fighting something that it'll never stick on anyway. I basically NEVER miss stuns on anything where my stuns are useful. Anything that's that evasive physically and magically you're either using a dedicated stunner or not going to land SL on anyway.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2014-10-14 11:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I want to augment my Xiutleato. Occ. Attk twice is a given. What else should I put on it? I've seen people with really random augs. M.acc and acc+30 seem pretty awesome. Thoughts?
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-14 14:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

For xiutleato, you can choose either macc30, acc 30 or OAT2 for your first augment and then a secondary category with a bunch of other options.

If you go the OAT route, you'll likely want +15 acc as a secondary augment, otherwise all that DA will go to waste because you'll miss alot.(i have this on mine for occasional use)

Macc+30 with a secondary +15 macc could be helpful as a macro piece if you really need to land some additional affect or spell. (I put this on the WKR club)

Acc +30, Acc +15 would mean you have a weak offhand hit with acc above most other weapons, but your WS could then be stacked with very little acc on gear and do more damage (since this +45 acc will transfer to your mainhand for WS purposes)
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-14 14:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I should also make note you could do a +30acc/OAT with PDT/MDT-2, which couple with the original -4pdt makes for a nice defensive weapon
[+]
 Bismarck.Roundelk
Server: Bismarck
user: Roundelk
By Bismarck.Roundelk 2014-10-14 18:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 329633
This is what I use, alot of people forget that the Incursion body has 20 Acc and M.acc. In Adoulin I have 881 acc with Uson and Bura, I switch in whirlpool mask, Ej necklace and patricus ring for high accuracy set which gives around 931 in adoulin areas.

Edit: I just got Hagondes hat +1 with +27 M.acc so going to use that lol.
By Nazrious 2014-10-16 20:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone compare new Ifrit sword with current sword setups?
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 446 447 448