users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 445 446 447
By Nazrious 2014-09-30 23:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Nazrious said: »
Play Blu more then. It is not hard to get 55 jp on blu hell I did it on mata near mori wkr spawn when i first got back and didn't know any better. There are way ez ways now.
I play on blu plenty. I'm just saying he's got a point, especially for people who can't always be on blu like I can or simply people who have a lot of jobs.

So a bonus for Focusing on a Job should be easier to obtain for people who can't focus on that Job?

Also wth you mean can't be on Blu? Does some one force u to play other Jobs when you are Cping? You guys are putting way too much thought into how hard it is to CP instead of just going and gettign CP because it is 0 skill ez mode and aside from time, there is nothing to it.

I get that it is not lol aby burn easy, but hey beats the hell out of what exping used to be, back when BST was the only real solo class and there were no trust to wipe your behind for you. JP/CP is not hard.

If 55 JP keeps anyone from playing Blu they would fail at blu anyways so good riddance. Not to mention Phys acc etc. According to what I'm understanding JP should be so useless as to not even require one to bother with them, why not just have them remove the system all together? Or should they have been meritable? lol
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-01 06:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Polar Roar - 2.0dINT, 5.0 Multiplier, 20% STR/INT

That said, this is probably my last report on spell parameters. Based on recent events I've decided that it would be best if I moved on from playing FFXI. I'll continue to maintain gearsets, but spell parameters and other things that require me to actually play the game will not be possible anymore.

If people want to get me data, I can do the math. But aside from that, i'm done. I'm sorry guys.

Good luck on your endeavours. Who will I argue with now? :(
By Juggernautx 2014-10-01 13:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That said, this is probably my last report on spell parameters. Based on recent events I've decided that it would be best if I moved on from playing FFXI. I'll continue to maintain gearsets, but spell parameters and other things that require me to actually play the game will not be possible anymore.

If people want to get me data, I can do the math. But aside from that, i'm done. I'm sorry guys.

Thank you Prothescar for everything. Hope to see you around again in the future.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-01 13:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »

Guess Doc will do spell parameter testing !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-01 14:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A true Blue Mage. May your days be full of not bursting into a Soulflayer at any moment.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-10-01 15:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, for everything.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-01 15:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »

Guess Doc will do spell parameter testing !

Oh hell no, Ive done this b4 and never again (esp for physical spells)
By Refia1 2014-10-01 16:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cmon Doctorugh :)
By Zubrin 2014-10-02 00:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

DEX+2 Accuracy+1 BLU Skill +10

or

DEX+3 Accuracy+5 BLU Skill +9?

I'm happy that my only two BLU capes have had good augments, but I can't decide between the two. :(
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-02 00:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubrin said: »
DEX+2 Accuracy+1 BLU Skill +10

or

DEX+3 Accuracy+5 BLU Skill +9?

I'm happy that my only two BLU capes have had good augments, but I can't decide between the two. :(

How much blu skill do you have in your set with/without the cape augments? That's going to determine which cape is better.
By Zubrin 2014-10-02 02:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't bump me up a tier, but two digits look so much better than one. But seriously, I guess I'll opt for the +9 and hold onto the +10 just in case a future set makes it matter. I've wasted inventory slots on worse things.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-10-02 10:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly talked before but can't find, any good use for windbuffet+1?
 Quetzalcoatl.Alvinho
user: Alvinho
By Quetzalcoatl.Alvinho 2014-10-02 14:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for everything, man. We never spoke (I lurk more than anything, for that matter), but your work on BLU made me enjoy playing the job even more, as well as strive for perfection, at least as far as gear goes. Def. my favorite job by far (Tizona inc). Good luck with whatever you're going to do next.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-10-02 16:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Windbuffet+1 2nd best for TP, behind Shetal Stone, and best CDC belt ;)
By SpideyCU 2014-10-03 06:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As yet another lurker that's kept a close eye on the thread since returning to the game a few months ago (June, specifically), you've been unbelievably helpful. Thanks very much for all the work!
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-03 12:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Windbuffet+1 2nd best for TP, behind Shetal Stone, and best CDC belt ;)
It's not the best CDC belt; however if you're looking to conserve some inventory space, it's only a little behind Chiner+1.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-03 23:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not able to replicate that result.

EDIT: Okay, I see what he did. It's very sensitive to how much total DEX you have from the rest of your gear.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-10-04 11:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you sir, not much more I can say.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-10-05 17:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any use for umuthi gloves other than in a pdt set (ignoring iuitl augments)? I guess it should be better than +8 str buremte for cdc on fodder, but not so in high-end content, am i right?
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2014-10-06 13:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Attribute adjustments will be added to the following spells.
Tempestuous Upheaval / Rending Deluge / Enbalming Earth / Foul Water / Retinal Glare / Subduction

I hate the ambiguous use of the word "adjustments" - and my mind goes to an incoming nerf to all decent blue magic. I hope I'm wrong.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-06 14:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Quote:
Attribute adjustments will be added to the following spells.
Tempestuous Upheaval / Rending Deluge / Enbalming Earth / Foul Water / Retinal Glare / Subduction

I hate the ambiguous use of the word "adjustments" - and my mind goes to an incoming nerf to all decent blue magic. I hope I'm wrong.

I can't see why they'd nerf BLU magic before they nerfed a lot of other things, but i guess it's always possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-10-07 02:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Regeneration is now 25 a tic and is not affected by blue skill. Still 90 second duration.

Orcish Counterstance is 3 mins now, same with Barrier Tusk.

Memento Mori is 1 minute, and Saline Coat is 1 minute 50 seconds? Casted at 04:15, wore off at 06:05.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2014-10-07 03:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Barrier Tusk old duration 1min new duration 3 mins
Nature's Meditation old duration 60 secs new duration 90 secs
Triumphant roars duration is 90 secs like Nature's Meditation
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-07 03:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone wouldn't generally say "will be added" if it's an adjustment to an existing parameter. They've added WSC (attribute; i.e. STR DEX VIT AGI MND INT CHR adjustment), nothing more. A buff to the spells when using Burst Affinity and perhaps a buff even without it if they've kept the multipliers the same while accounting for the extra D from WSC, which is the most likely.

3 minute durations for buffs are all expected. This puts them in line with things like Warm Up. 90 second duration for Nat. meditation is a bit confusing, but any gain was pure profit since it was already a fantastic buff.

If any of you want to get data for me to process, PM me with the following:

Spell being tested

Your stats (STR, DEX, VIT, AGI, MND, INT, CHR, MAB, mDMG)*

Target (Preferably lv -1 Wild Rabbits right outside of San d'Oria)

Damage without Burst Affinity

Damage with Burst Affinity

You'll need to cast once without BA and once with BA with a baseline stat spread, then add some of a stat, cast with BA and without BA again, remove whatever you added of that stat, and repeat with another. Do this until you've done it with every stat.

*Try to keep these as uniform as possible, and try not to include MAB or mDMG at all. The baseline stats that you list here are to be the model that the rest of the test is based off of; i.e., the control. When you finish testing a stat, you need to revert to these values.

i.e. you have 200STR, DEX, VIT, AGI, INT, MND, CHR; 0MAB 0mDMG.

You add 10 STR, giving you 210 STR and 200 of the rest. Once you've cast the spell once with BA and once without BA, you must remove those 10 extra STR to revert back to 200 of each stat in order to test the next stat.

Also, ensure that the day isn't strong/weak when you do the test. If it is, you'll need more than one sample of each just in case of a proc.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-07 09:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious how the increase to sword skill will affect the use of club builds. It's a pretty marginal increase, but club builds weren't very far ahead except on fodder.
By Nazrious 2014-10-07 09:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I'm curious how the increase to sword skill will affect the use of club builds. It's a pretty marginal increase, but club builds weren't very far ahead except on fodder.

It will widen the gap for melee purpose But clubs still have their own place.
By Genralzod 2014-10-07 18:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

am I seeing Plasma charge correctly!? it's lasting over 12mins
Cast @02:09 wore off @15:45
2nd cast @20:17 wore off @32:05
3rd cast @32:08 wore off @44:43

With Diffusion 2 & Luhlaza Charuqs you could get the party a shock spikes for almost 15mins :)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2014-10-07 21:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Subduction and quite possibly Blue Magic as a whole was ninja-nerfed it seems. Hopefully just the magic type and not Whirl of Rage though.

AoE Blue Magic now gets damage reduction based on the number of targets it hits similar to Black Magic. :(

On a side note, I didn't really test it all that much, but appears to change damage based on targets. Same gearset used.

First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 445 446 447